SOUR CREAM BANANA COFFEE CAKE
This is the best way I've found to use up ripe bananas.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 loaf.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a small bowl, cream butter and 6 tablespoons sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Stir in banana and sour cream. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Combine the walnuts, cinnamon and remaining sugar., Spoon half of batter into a greased 6-cup fluted tube pan. Sprinkle with nut mixture; top with remaining batter. Bake at 350° for 32-38 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts :
BANANA COFFEE CAKE WITH PECANS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Beat superfine sugar and butter in a bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating until each egg is fully incorporated before adding the next. Mix baking soda into sour cream in another bowl and stir into butter mixture until combined.
- Stir bananas into butter mixture; add cake flour and baking powder and mix well. Stir in vanilla extract. Pour banana cake batter into prepared baking dish.
- Mix pecans, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl; sprinkle over cake batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 313.3 calories, Carbohydrate 40.1 g, Cholesterol 53.4 mg, Fat 16.3 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 3.8 g, SaturatedFat 6.3 g, Sodium 215.9 mg, Sugar 22.8 g
MAPLE NUT COFFEE CAKE
Every time I make this coffee cake for the holidays or church functions, the pan is emptied in a hurry. People rave about it. -Rosadene Herold, Lakeville, Indiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a large bowl, combine the contents of the roll mix and yeast packets with the sugar. Stir in water, butter, egg and maple flavoring; mix well., Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 2-3 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, 45-60 minutes., In a small bowl, combine sugar, walnuts, cinnamon and maple flavoring. Grease a 12-in. pizza pan. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 3 portions. Roll each into a 12-in. circle. Place 1 circle on prepared pan. Brush with a third of the melted butter; sprinkle with a third of the filling. Repeat layers twice. Pinch around edge to seal., Place a small glass in center of circle. With kitchen scissors, cut from outside edge just to the glass, forming 16 wedges. Twist each wedge 5 or 6 times and tuck ends under. Remove glass. Cover with a kitchen towel; let rise in a warm place until doubled, 30-45 minutes., Preheat oven to 375°. Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm coffee cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 255 calories, Fat 8g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 29mg cholesterol, Sodium 251mg sodium, Carbohydrate 40g carbohydrate (21g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
MAPLE BANANA BREAD
This is a different banana bread, sweetened with maple syrup. It's my absolute favorite banana bread. I'm sure you will love it this version.
Provided by STARFLOWER
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 5x9 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the melted butter and maple syrup. Beat in the egg and bananas, leaving a few small chunks. Stir in the maple extract and milk. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and baking powder, and stir into the banana mixture just until moistened. Transfer to the prepared loaf pan. Mix the nuts and sugar, and sprinkle evenly over the batter.
- Bake 50 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 232.3 calories, Carbohydrate 32.9 g, Cholesterol 36.1 mg, Fat 10.1 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 3.5 g, SaturatedFat 5.2 g, Sodium 183.6 mg, Sugar 13.7 g
~ BANANA NUT COFFEE CAKE ~
I made this cake in honor of National Coffee Month. Coffee is something I always have in hand, it matters not what time of day. I'm immune to the stuff. This cake went perfectly with my morning coffee. I hope you try it sometime. It's too yummy not to! Yum!
Provided by Cassie *
Categories Other Breakfast
Number Of Ingredients 17
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Spray and flour a 10 inch bundt cake pan, ( I use bakers joy. ) Combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda in a small bowl Set aside. Make nut crumble: Mix together brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg, with a pastry blender cut in the butter until crumbly. Stir in nuts. Set aside. 2 In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat ion the eggs and vanilla. Alternate adding the flour mixture with the pureed bananas, ending with flour. Stir in raisins if using.
- 2. Spread half the batter into the prepared pan and top with half of the nut mixture, as evenly as you can.
- 3. Spread remaining batter and evenly crumble remaining nut mixture.
- 4. Bake for 45 - 50 minutes or until pick comes out clean.
- 5. Cool on rack for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and continue cooling on rack.
- 6. I made a cinnamon drizzle using about 3/4 cup confectioners sugar, a few sprinkles of cinnamon and heavy cream until was my preferred consistency. Drizzle over cooled cake if preferred.
BANANA WALNUT COFFEE CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 10 inch tube pan; dust with flour, tapping out excess, and set aside.
- Combine walnuts, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Set aside.
- To make banana batter, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt onto a sheet of waxed paper.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter with an electric mixer on high until light. Gradually beat in the eggs, one at a time. Beat in sour cream, mashed bananas and vanilla.
- Change mixer speed to low and beat in the flour mixture just until blended.
- Spoon half of the batter into the prepared pan.
- Scatter half of the walnut and sugar sprinkle over the batter.
- Thinly slice the third banana over the batter.
- Top with remaining batter and scatter rest of walnut and sugar sprinkle over top.
- Bake about 1 hour and 15 minutes, when skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Carefully loosen the cake from the sides then invert onto wire rack turning right side up.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 542.3, Fat 30.1, SaturatedFat 13.4, Cholesterol 84.3, Sodium 164.4, Carbohydrate 65.3, Fiber 2.6, Sugar 43.1, Protein 6.5
People also searched
More about "banana maple nut coffee cake recipes"
BANANA COFFEE CAKE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Combine butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer (or in a large bowl and use an electric mixer). Beat until well-combined, then stir in mashed bananas.
- In a separate, medium-sized bowl, whisk together your flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
LIGHT & CRUNCHY BANANA NUT COFFEE CAKE RECIPE
5/5 (2)Category BreakfastCuisine BreadTotal Time 45 mins See details »
CLASSIC BANANA STREUSEL COFFEE CAKE WITH MAPLE GLAZE RECIPE
4.8/5 (14)Category Breakfast And BrunchCuisine AmericanTotal Time 45 mins
- For the cakes, beat butter with sugar for 3 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla, beat until combined. Add mashed bananas and beat until blended. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until combined. Beat in nuts and skim milk.
- In a small bowl, mix streusel topping ingredients together. I use my hands to break up the butter and mix it with the other ingredients. Mix until it forms crumbs. Divide topping evenly between the two cakes, sprinkling on the top. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes. Remove and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool on rack completely before adding glaze.
- For the glaze, beat powdered sugar with maple syrup until desired consistency. Drizzle over cakes. Store in airtight container.
WALNUT BANANA CAKE RECIPE - VENTRAY KITCHEN CANADA
5/5 (1.6K) See details »
EASY CINNAMON BANANA CAKE (BISQUICK) RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
See details »
EASY BANANA CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING - MOM ON TIMEOUT
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally. The butter will start to foam and then start browning. You will be able to smell a nutty aroma when it's ready. Remove from heat and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes.
BANANA MAPLE CAKE WITH SALTED CARAMEL SWIRL - BAKE THEN EAT
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins See details »
BANANA NUT COFFEE CAKE - ESSENTIALLY EMMA
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- In a mixing bowl (use the same one from the dry ingredients for less dishes) mix together the flour, cinnamon and sugar.
- Whisk together the maple syrup and icing sugar. To thin the icing, add 1 tsp water at a time. To thicken, add 1 tbsp icing sugar at a time. The icing should be pourable but very thick.
VEGAN BANANA COFFEE CAKE – MILK FREE MOM
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
BANANA AND MACADAMIA NUT COFFEE CAKE - LEITE'S CULINARIA
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and brown sugar. Stir to blend. In a blender or food processor, combine the bananas, eggs, oil, rum or amaretto, sour cream, and vanilla and blend until smooth. Add the banana mixture to the dry ingredients and beat until smooth. Stir in the coconut.
- Spread evenly in the prepared pan and sprinkle evenly with the nuts. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar evenly over the batter.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the cake is golden brown and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan on a wire rack, then remove the pan sides. Serve warm or at room temperature, cut into wedges. Originally published April 15, 2006.
MAKE AHEAD BANANA BREAD COFFEE CAKE | MY BAKING ADDICTION
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- 2. In large bowl, stir mashed bananas, granulated sugar, milk, oil, cinnamon and eggs. Stir in 2 2/3 cups Bisquick mix and 3/4 cup walnuts; fold in banana slices. Pour mixture into pan.
- 3. In medium bowl, mix streusel ingredients, cutting in butter with pastry blender or fork until crumbly. Sprinkle over mixture in pan.
- 4. Bake 30 to 36 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cut into 4 rows by 3 rows. Drizzle with maple syrup just before serving.
COFFEE CAKE BANANA BREAD - PALEOMG
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a8×4 loaf pan with oil then line the middle with parchment paper. It will make it easier to remove from the pan without it coming apart.
BANANA COFFEE CAKE WITH MACADAMIA NUTS & COCONUT RECIPE ...
- Coat a 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray; line bottom of pan with wax paper. Coat wax paper with cooking spray.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a bowl, stirring with a whisk. Combine banana and next 5 ingredients (banana through egg) in a bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed for 1 minute or until well blended. Add flour mixture to banana mixture, and beat until blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan. Carefully peel off wax paper.
COFFEE CAKE BANANA MUFFINS | FOOD WITH FEELING
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a muffin tin (you can also use liners but I still recommend giving the muffin liners a god spray with cooking oil).
- In a large bowl, mash your 2 bananas until very few lumps remain. Add in the milk, nut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Stir until well combined.
MAPLE WALNUT COFFEE CAKE - HANDLE THE HEAT
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, brown sugar, and walnuts. In a small bowl, stir together the maple syrup, oil, milk, eggs, and maple extract. Stir in the sour cream. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, then pour in the wet ingredients. Gently stir until just combined.
- In a small bowl combine the sugar and maple syrup until a thick, pourable icing forms. Drizzle over the warm cake. Cut into squares and serve. Store leftovers, covered, at room temperature for up to 4 days.
BANANA CAKE WITH MAPLE FROSTING - SUPERGOLDEN BAKES
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
BANANA MAPLE NUT COFFEE CAKE - TFRECIPES.COM
See details »
BANANA MAPLE NUT COFFEE CAKE RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
See details »
MAPLE BANANA & WALNUT COFFEE CAKE - SNOWFLAKES ...
See details »
BANANA MAPLE NUT COFFEE CAKE RECIPE
See details »
You'll also love