OUR BEST CHEESECAKE
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix graham crumbs, butter and 1/4 cup sugar; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese and remaining sugar in large bowl with mixer until blended. Add sour cream and vanilla; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating on low speed after each addition just until blended. Pour over crust.
- Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 min. or until center is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim. Refrigerate cheesecake 4 hours.
- Top with pie filling before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 341.4 calories, Carbohydrate 36.2 g, Cholesterol 97.9 mg, Fat 20.6 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 11.1 g, Sodium 277.1 mg, Sugar 18 g
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, chopped walnuts, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and melted butter. Mix well and press into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Beat in sour cream and heavy cream. Blend in the flour and vanilla. With mixer on low speed, add eggs one at a time. Pour batter over crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes, or until center is almost set (filling will be soft). Refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight before removing from pan.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 375.3 calories, Carbohydrate 23.1 g, Cholesterol 117.3 mg, Fat 29.5 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 6 g, SaturatedFat 17.3 g, Sodium 208.9 mg, Sugar 17 g
THE BEST CHEESECAKE
We've created the cheesecake of your dreams - rich, dense and creamy with a buttery, not-too-sweet graham cracker crust. Easy-to-follow instructions ensure a smooth, crack-free top every time.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 325 degrees F.
- For the crust: Put the butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl, cover with a paper towel and melt in the microwave in 10-second increments. Brush a 9-inch springform pan with some of the melted butter.
- Stir together the remaining butter with the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and salt. Press the crumb mixture into the bottom of the pan, taking care to get the crust evenly to the edges. Bake until golden brown, 15 to 18 minutes. Let cool. Place the pan on a large sheet of foil and wrap up the sides. Place in a roasting pan.
- For the cheesecake: Beat together the cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed for 1 minute. Add the sour cream and vanilla and beat until just combined. Mix in the eggs by hand, one at a time, until just combined. (Take care not to overmix or the cheesecake will puff up and crack.) Pour the batter evenly over the crust, smoothing the top. Pour enough hot water into the roasting pan to come about halfway up the sides of the foil-wrapped springform pan. Bake until the outside of the cake is set but the center is still slightly loose, about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and leave the cheesecake in the oven for another hour. Remove the cheesecake from the roasting pan to a cooling rack. Run a knife around the edge and cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours.
- Run a knife around the edge of the pan once more and unlock to unmold the cheesecake. Transfer to a serving platter or cake stand and smooth the edges with a knife.
This is a classic cheesecake -- velvety, rich, sweet and so satisfying. We are major fans of a thin sour cream cap on top of cheesecakes; it's the perfect balance to this rich cake.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 325 degrees F.
- For the crust: Melt the butter, covered in the microwave, in a medium microwave-safe bowl, or a saucepan. Brush a 9-inch springform pan with some of the butter. Stir the remaining butter together with the crumbs, sugar, and salt. Press the crumb mixture over the bottom of the pan, taking care to get the crust evenly into the edges. Bake until golden brown, 15 to 18 minutes. Cool. Wrap the bottom and up the sides of the pan with foil and put in a roasting pan.
- For the filling: Beat the cream cheese on medium speed with a hand-held mixer until smooth. Add the granulated sugar and beat just until light and fluffy, scraping the sides of the bowl and beaters as needed. Slowly beat in the sour cream, then eggs, vanilla and both citrus zests; take care not to over whip. Pour into the cooled crust.
- Bring a medium saucepan or kettle of water to a boil. Gently place the roasting pan in the oven (don't pull the rack out of the oven). Pour in enough hot water to come about halfway up the side of the springform pan. Bake the cheesecake for about 1 hour and 10 minutes---the outside of the cake will set but the center will still be loose.
- For the topping: Stir together the sour cream, confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Spread over the top of the cooked cheesecake and return to the oven for 5 minutes. Turn the oven off, cook the cheesecake in the residual heat in the oven for about 1 hour. This gentle finish minimizes the risk of the dreaded crack in your cheesecake.
- Remove cheesecake from the roasting pan to a rack. Run a knife around the edges and cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Bring cheesecake to room temperature 30 minutes before serving. Remove the springform ring. Dip a knife in warm water, wipe dry before slicing each piece. Serve with berries, if desired.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and 2 tablespoons sugar in a bowl. Mix until evenly moistened; press into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan and place in the refrigerator.
- Beat cream cheese in a large bowl with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add 1 cup sugar and beat until combined. Add eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract; beat on high speed until creamy, about 1 minute. Pour cream cheese mixture into the chilled cracker crust and spread to evenly cover crust.
- Pour enough water into a rimmed baking sheet to cover the bottom, and place the springform pan on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 1 hour. Remove from the oven and increase oven temperature to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- Just before cheesecake finishes baking, combine sour cream, 2 tablespoons sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract in a bowl for the topping. Spread evenly on top of the cheesecake.
- Return to the oven and bake for 5 minutes. Set the pan on a wire rack, and allow the cheesecake to cool at room temperature, about 1 hour. Refrigerate until completely chilled, about 4 hours, before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 533.1 calories, Carbohydrate 38.6 g, Cholesterol 152.2 mg, Fat 39 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 9.1 g, SaturatedFat 23.5 g, Sodium 342.3 mg, Sugar 29.3 g
- Beat the cream cheese,eggs,sugar and vanilla in a mixing bowl with a electric mixer until smooth.
- Spoon into pie shell.
- Bake at 325 for 45 minutes.
- I have made this with fresh fruit and also used canned blueberries.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 3663.8, Fat 224.6, SaturatedFat 103.2, Cholesterol 871.8, Sodium 2967.7, Carbohydrate 375.5, Fiber 3.6, Sugar 306.7, Protein 49.5
BASIC PHILLY CHEESECAKE
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- Combine crumbs, sugar and melted margarine and press onto the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven and raise oven temperature to 450F degrees.
- To make filling, combine softened cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer, beating at medium speed until well mixed.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition; blend in vanilla then pour into crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 450F, then reduce heat to 250F and for 25-30 minutes more, or until set.
- Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing rim of pan.
- Chill; top individual slices with desired topping, if any, just before serving.
BEST EVER CHEESECAKE
I've passed this recipe on to dozens of folks. My daughter was so fond of it that she wanted it served for her wedding instead of traditional cake. - Howard Koch, Lima, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar. Pat into the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of an 8-in. springform pan. Chill. , For filling, beat cream cheese and eggs in a bowl on medium speed for 1 minute. Add 1/3 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla and salt. Continue beating until well blended, about 1 minute. Pour into crust. , Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake for 35 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes. For topping, combine the sour cream and remaining sugar and vanilla in a small bowl; spread over cheesecake. Bake 10 minutes longer. Cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. If desired, serve with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 504 calories, Fat 36g fat (20g saturated fat), Cholesterol 131mg cholesterol, Sodium 357mg sodium, Carbohydrate 40g carbohydrate (30g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
This recipe came from the back of a Philadelphia cream cheese box. Recipe for graham cracker pie crust not included it's very simple and easy and delish.
Provided by WackyJacky
Yield 1 pie, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Cream the cheese and sugar.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Mix eggs last.
- Mix on med. until batter looks uniform.
- Pour into a graham cracker pie crust (I use premade).
- Put into middle rack preheated oven to 350°F.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Let cool then place in fridge until cold.
PHILADELPHIA 3-STEP CHEESECAKE
Enjoy a PHILADELPHIA 3-Step Cheesecake recipe, the creamy classic you can make anytime you're asked to bring dessert. This 3-step cheesecake recipe features only a few steps and all the delicious cheesecake flavor you love.
Provided by My Food and Family
Categories Breakfast & Brunch
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with mixer until blended. Add eggs; beat just until blended.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake 40 min. or until center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 3 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 370, Fat 26 g, SaturatedFat 13 g, TransFat 1 g, Cholesterol 110 mg, Sodium 360 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 6 g
BASIC CHEESECAKE WITH FLAVOR VARIATIONS.
This is more template than recipe, and you get to create the flavor you want. Use graham cracker, chocolate cookie, or gingersnap crumbs, try vanilla, almond, rum, or fruit flavorings. The sky is the limit, and you don't have to tell anyone you didn't make up the whole recipe all by your own self. Ingredients listed are for a plain cheesecake, see instructions for variations.
Provided by EmmyDuckie
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 400 for standard baking, or 375 for a convection oven.
- Melt butter, and mix crust ingredients, press into the bottom, and up the sides of a springform pan. You can use whatever size you have from 8 to 12 inches, the smaller the pan, the higher the cake, but I like a wide, low one, too. Chill the crust while you make the filling.
- Cream together cream cheese and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add extracts and zest, mix well, be careful not to incorporate too much air, so you don't get cracks on the top of the custard.
- Pour filling into crust. For better texture, you may choose to first wrap the pan in foil, and place into a large baking dish of hot water. The recipe works both ways, but I like the results from a waterbath.
- Bake the cheesecake for an hour, then turn off the oven, and don't open it for 30 minutes.
- If using sour cream topping, spread it on top of the cheesecake ten minutes before the hour bake time is up.
- Cool cheesecake completely, and refrigerate for a few hours before slicing. Fishing line makes a great slicer, since the cheesecake will be very sticky to your knives.
- Variations: This is the fun part. As long as you stick to the basic proportions, you can do lots of flavors. I'm up to 17 personally.
- Use chocolate cookie crumbs for the crust, leave out the lemon, and add 1/4 cup pf cocoa to the filling for chocolate cheesecake.
- Add a teaspoon of lime zest to the crust, leave out the cinnamon, and sub 1/4 cup key lime juice for vanilla and lemon in the filling for key lime cheesecake.
- Sub one of the packages of cream cheese for a can of pumpkin, add cinnamon, ginger, and clove to the filling, use gingersnap crumbs for the crust. This one is especially good if you add a lot of cinnamon to the sour cream topping, and drizzle the slices with some caramel sauce and more gingersnap pieces.
- Leave out the lemon, and sub one of the packages of cream cheese for a cup of peanut butter, use a chocolate cookie crust, and top it with chopped up peanut butter cups.
- Use a chocolate crust, leave out the lemon, and use mint extract and green food color in the filling for grasshopper cheesecake. Add chocolate chips if you like.
- Sub the sugar in the filling for 1 cup brown sugar caramelized with 1/2 a stick of butter for a caramel cheesecake.
- Sub half the sugar in the crust for sweetened flaked coconut, leave out the cinnamon, sub vanilla and lemon for rum extract and lime, make sour cream topping with half sour cream, half Thai Kitchen coconut milk (it's the only one I've found thick enough) add the juice of the lime instead of lemon and more flaked coconut to topping. this is the one my brother always wants instead of a birthday cake.
- If you try your own variant, I'd love to know what it was, and how it turned out. Have fun!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 554.8, Fat 40.5, SaturatedFat 24.6, Cholesterol 165.1, Sodium 370.1, Carbohydrate 40.9, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 33, Protein 8.8
When working with cheesecakes, here's the basic recipe I start with. Experiment with it, and enjoy! :)
Provided by Julesong
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a medium sized spring form pan with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
- Mix the cinnamon, brown sugar, and graham cracker crumbs together, then stir in the melted butter.
- Coat the crumbs well with the butter, then press them into the bottom of the spring form pan.
- Place pan in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Whip the cream cheese in a mixer.
- With the mixture running slowly, sprinkle in the sugar and cornstarch, then add in the eggs and vanilla.
- Slowly add the cream or half and half until all ingredients are well mixed.
- Pour into the spring-form pan.
- Place the pan on a cookie sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the top begins to brown and the cake is firm.
- Cool at room temperature and refrigerate.
- Serve well chilled.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 550.4, Fat 40.4, SaturatedFat 22.6, Cholesterol 168.2, Sodium 385.8, Carbohydrate 41.4, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 34.4, Protein 7.7
More about "basic cheesecake recipes"
EASY CHEESECAKE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
4.7/5 (398)Total Time 1 hr 42 minsServings 8-10Calories 472 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F., To make the crust: Stir together all of the crust ingredients, mixing until thoroughly combined., Press the crumbs into the bottom and up the sides of the pie pan, making a thicker layer on the bottom than on the sides., To make the filling: Mix together the room-temperature cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
BASIC CHEESECAKE RECIPE – HOW TO MAKE IT IN 14 SIMPLE …
CHEESECAKE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
EASY CLASSIC BAKED CHEESECAKE | RECIPETIN EATS
CHEESECAKE (THE BEST) | RICARDO
EASY CHEESECAKE RECIPE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
EASY NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE RECIPE [WITH PHOTOS] | TASTE …
CHEESECAKE RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART
10 BEST SIMPLE CHEESECAKE CREAM CHEESE RECIPES
EASY CHEESECAKE RECIPE - BEST CLASSIC CHEESECAKE
QUICK AND EASY CHEESECAKE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
CLASSIC NEW YORK CHEESECAKE - ONCE UPON A CHEF
THE BEST CHEESECAKE RECIPE | NO WATER BATH!
55 BEST CHEESECAKE RECIPES - EASY CHEESECAKE IDEAS
25 EASY CHEESECAKE RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
Author Julie Meyers
25 NO-BAKE CHEESECAKES FOR AN EASY, INDULGENT DESSERT
CLASSIC CHEESECAKE | CANADIAN LIVING
65 BEST CHEESECAKE RECIPES | EASY CHEESECAKE RECIPE IDEAS
EASY NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE RECIPE - TWO SISTERS
CHEESECAKE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
CLASSIC CHEESECAKE RECIPE - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
CLASSIC CHEESECAKE RECIPE - TWO SISTERS
THE 35 BEST CHEESECAKE RECIPES - GYPSYPLATE
BASIC CHEESECAKE RECIPE - CUISINART.COM
SIMPLE HOMEMADE PLAIN CHEESECAKE RECIPE - COOKED BY JULIE
PERFECT NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE RECIPE - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
THE BEST EASY CHEESECAKE RECIPE | STEP-BY-STEP | COOKIES AND CUPS
15 BEST CHEESECAKE RECIPES - IZZYCOOKING
NO BAKE EASY CHEESECAKE RECIPE PHILADELPHIA CREAM CHEESE
BEST CLASSIC CHEESECAKE RECIPE (EASY INSTRUCTIONS!)- THE CHEESE …
HOW TO MAKE CHEESECAKE FROM SCRATCH | TASTE OF HOME
BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE - SUGAR SPUN RUN
TOP 10 EASY CHEESECAKE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
OUR 20 BEST CHEESECAKE RECIPES OF ALL TIME | ALLRECIPES
You'll also love