A SIMPLY PERFECT ROAST TURKEY
Simple, perfect roast turkey just like grandma used to make. Seasoned with salt and pepper, and basted with turkey stock, the flavors of the turkey really stand out. Stuff with your favorite dressing.
Provided by Syd
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Place rack in the lowest position of the oven.
- Remove the turkey neck and giblets, rinse the turkey, and pat dry with paper towels. Place the turkey, breast side up, on a rack in the roasting pan. Loosely fill the body cavity with stuffing. Rub the skin with the softened butter, and season with salt and pepper. Position an aluminum foil tent over the turkey.
- Place turkey in the oven, and pour 2 cups turkey stock into the bottom of the roasting pan. Baste all over every 30 minutes with the juices on the bottom of the pan. Whenever the drippings evaporate, add stock to moisten them, about 1 to 2 cups at a time. Remove aluminum foil after 2 1/2 hours. Roast until a meat thermometer inserted in the meaty part of the thigh reads 165 degrees F (75 degrees C), about 4 hours.
- Transfer the turkey to a large serving platter, and let it stand for at least 20 to 30 minutes before carving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 662.6 calories, Carbohydrate 13.7 g, Cholesterol 211.4 mg, Fat 33.8 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 72.2 g, SaturatedFat 10.4 g, Sodium 709.5 mg, Sugar 2 g
BASIC ROAST TURKEY
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Remove the turkey neck and giblets.
- Pat the turkey dry and put breast-side up on a rack in a roasting pan; season inside and out with salt and pepper (skip the salt for a brined or kosher turkey). Fill the turkey cavity with chopped onions, carrots, apples and/or fresh herbs, then let stand 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Brush the turkey with melted butter, tent with foil and roast 2 hours for a 10-to-12-pound bird; add 15 minutes for each additional pound.
- Increase the oven temperature to 425 degrees F; uncover the turkey, brush with more butter and roast 1 more hour, or until the thigh meat reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove the neck and giblets from your turkey; pat dry, then let stand at room temperature, 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Season the turkey inside and out with salt and pepper. Fill the cavity with chopped onions, carrots, apples and herbs, then tie the legs together with twine. Place breast-side up in a roasting pan and brush with melted butter. Tent with foil and roast 2 hours for a 10-to-12-pound turkey; add an extra 15 minutes per pound for larger birds. Uncover, brush with more butter and increase the heat to 425 degrees F; roast until the thigh meat registers 165 degrees F, about 1 more hour. Let rest 30 minutes before carving.
EASY TURKEY STUFFING
Want to make great turkey stuffing? Here are the basics for how to make turkey stuffing with easy variations to make it your own. Gather your helpers around to chop up onion, celery, carrots, bread and parsley. Use Progresso™ chicken broth for a flavorful way to keep it moist. All that's left is to stuff your turkey and get ready to see delighted faces at the table. Enjoy!
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In 10-inch skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery and carrots; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- In large bowl, mix bread cubes, parsley, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Add broth and butter-onion mixture, stirring until desired moistness (stuffing will become a little more moist during roasting because it will absorb juices from turkey).
- Use to stuff 1 (14- to 18-lb) turkey. After stuffing turkey, place any remaining stuffing in 1- or 2-quart casserole that has been sprayed with cooking spray; cover and refrigerate. Bake stuffing in casserole with turkey for last 35 to 40 minutes of roasting time or until thoroughly heated.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 70, Carbohydrate 9 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, ServingSize 1/2 Cup, Sodium 280 mg, Sugar 1 g, TransFat 0 g
BASIC BRAISED TURKEY
- Put the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the turkey and brown the leg (and, if you're using them, wing) portions on the skin side well, 10 minutes or more; turn and cook for another 2 minutes on the skinless side. Remove to a plate and brown the breasts in the same skillet, again mostly on the skin side; remove and keep them separate.
- Heat the oven to 300, and cook the bacon or pancetta (if using) in the remaining fat in the skillet until nearly crisp; remove with a slotted spoon. Cook the onions, mushrooms, carrots, celery and herbs, in batches if necessary, until beginning to brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer with the bacon or pancetta to a large roasting pan, then nestle the dark meat in there, leaving room for the breasts. Add stock or water to come about one-third to halfway up the sides of the thighs.
- Roast uncovered for about 90 minutes, checking occasionally to make sure liquid levels remain sufficiently high and stirring vegetables if they threaten to brown too much. When thigh meat is tender, place the breasts in the pan, and cook until tender, 30 to 45 minutes more, or until done. (They should register 155 on an instant-read thermometer.)
- Slice breast and thigh meat and serve on a platter with the vegetables garnished, if you like, with parsley.
BASIC TURKEY SOUP
Katie Koziolek of Hartland, Minnesota notes, "I simmer a rich broth using the turkey carcass, then add favorite vegetables and sometimes noodles."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Place all broth ingredients in a large stockpot; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 25 minutes. Strain broth; discard bones and vegetables. Cool; skim fat. Use immediately for turkey vegetable soup, or refrigerate and use within 24 hours. , For soup, combine broth, bouillon, pepper and vegetables in a large stockpot. Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, 15-20 minutes. Add turkey; heat through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 136 calories, Fat 3g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 43mg cholesterol, Sodium 1024mg sodium, Carbohydrate 7g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 19g protein.
More about "basic turkey recipes"
21 EASY TURKEY RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
Estimated Reading Time 8 mins
- Green Goddess Turkey Burgers. A bright and herbaceous green goddess dressing, plus spinach and parsley in the patties, give these green goddess turkey burgers a gorgeous color and sprightly flavor.
- Leftover Turkey Lettuce Wraps. Did you make a big ol’ bird and need creative leftover recipes outside turkey sandwiches? Mix up these easy leftover turkey lettuce wraps for a breadless way to use up extra meat.
- Simple Roasted Turkey Legs. If your family always fights over who gets the drumsticks, skip the whole bird and just roast up some legs. Easy and versatile poultry seasoning flavors the meat to perfection, but this simple roasted turkey legs recipe also lends itself well to variation.
- Turkey Taco Soup. This turkey taco soup uses canned beans for quick and speedy preparation. The spicy Southwestern flavors will spice up your weekday dinner and you can make it with either ground turkey or beef, if that’s what you have on hand.
- Lighter Turkey Reuben Sandwich. Once you make your own Thousand Island dressing for these lighter turkey Reuben sandwiches, you’ll never buy another bottle.
- Turkey Green Chili. Go green with this hearty and easy turkey green chili. You can use leftover shredded turkey or ground turkey, as well as canned hominy and white beans to bring it together in a flash.
- Honey Sriracha Meatballs. Ground turkey meatballs with garlic and scallion are easy to make and they freeze well, so you can make a big batch to always have on hand.
- Deep-Fried Turkey Breasts. Dying to deep fry your own turkey? Start with this easy deep-fried turkey breasts recipe, using a breast rather than committing to a whole bird.
- Turkey Cordon Bleu. You may have had chicken cordon bleu, but turkey tenderloins work beautifully in the classically French dish, too. The turkey cordon bleu recipe's quick cook time means you can also have dinner on the table in a flash.
- Classic Turkey Tetrazzini. Did you know that tetrazzini is actually an American dish, purportedly named for American opera singer Louisa Tetrazzini? This creamy classic turkey tetrazzini is traditionally made with chopped turkey or chicken, mushrooms, sherry, and Parmesan.
EASY ROAST TURKEY RECIPE - MCCORMICK
TURKEY RECIPES - BBC GOOD FOOD
EASY ROAST TURKEY RECIPE - THE COUNTRY COOK
HOW TO COOK A TURKEY: BEGINNER’S GUIDE - THE WEARY CHEF
HOW TO COOK A TURKEY: THE SIMPLEST, EASIEST METHOD
QUICK + EASY TURKEY RECIPES AND MEAL IDEAS - PILLSBURY.COM
SIMPLE TURKEY ROASTING FOR BEGINNERS - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
TURKEY RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
EASY, NO-FUSS THANKSGIVING TURKEY - TASTES BETTER FROM …
MOM’S ROAST TURKEY RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
JUICIEST TURKEY RECIPE EVER - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
BASIC ROAST TURKEY RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
10 BEST TURKEY RECIPES | YUMMLY
SIMPLE TURKEY BURGER RECIPE - I HEART EATING
EASY TURKEY BRINE RECIPE - 10-MINUTE PREP! THE RECIPE REBEL
A BEGINNER'S STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE TO COOKING TURKEY
EASY THANKSGIVING TURKEY - DAMN DELICIOUS
13 EASY THANKSGIVING TURKEY RECIPES FOR BEGINNERS - BUSTLE
JAMIE'S EASY TURKEY | TURKEY RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
13 ROAST TURKEY RECIPES FOR A PERFECTLY GOLDEN BIRD | CHATELAINE
33 EASY LEFTOVER TURKEY RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
43 EASY THANKSGIVING TURKEY RECIPES I TASTE OF HOME
SIMPLE JUICY THANKSGIVING TURKEY RECIPE | YELLOWBLISSROAD.COM
LEARN TO COOK RECIPES FOR TURKEY | RICARDO
EASY TURKEY AND TURKEY BREAST RECIPES FOR A LESS-STRESS …
BASIC ROAST TURKEY RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PERFECT, EASY THANKSGIVING TURKEY RECIPE - CREME DE LA CRUMB
RECIPE: BASIC BRINE FOR TURKEY | WHOLE FOODS MARKET
TURKEY RECIPES & RECIPE IDEAS
JUICY ROAST TURKEY | RECIPETIN EATS
EASY ROASTED THANKSGIVING TURKEY - NATIONAL TURKEY FEDERATION
EASY GARLIC BUTTER HERB ROASTED TURKEY RECIPE - WHOLESOME YUM
YOUR FIRST TURKEY! EASY ROAST TURKEY FOR BEGINNERS FOR THE HOLIDAYS!
SIMPLE OVEN ROASTED TURKEY BREAST - THESTAYATHOMECHEF.COM
12 EASY GROUND TURKEY RECIPES FOR BUSY NIGHTS | REAL SIMPLE
SIMPLE ROAST TURKEY | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
BASIC ROAST TURKEY RECIPES
10 EASY TURKEY WING RECIPES FOR YOUR NEXT PARTY
10 BEST TURKEY BREAST RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY ROAST TURKEY RECIPE - LITTLE SUNNY KITCHEN
EASY ROAST TURKEY RECIPE (STEP BY STEP) - SPEND WITH PENNIES
You'll also love