BASMATI RICE PILAF
This is a best-self version of a classic recipe with plenty of flavor and zero complicating factors. It's a versatile side dish that I hope you'll build into your repertoire.
Provided by Carolyn Gratzer Cope
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a wide pan with a lid (like this one, this one, or this one), melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent and just starting to brown, about five minutes. While onion cooks, rinse rice in a fine-mesh sieve until the water runs clear and shake out any excess water.
- Add garlic to pan and cook, stirring, until very fragrant, about a minute. Add rice and stir to coat with butter, then cook, stirring once or twice, for two minutes. Pour in stock and give it all a good stir. Bring to a boil over high heat. Then cover pan, lower heat to maintain a gentle simmer, and cook until broth is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Off the heat, place a clean kitchen towel between the pan and the lid to absorb excess steam and let pilaf rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle with chives and almonds if using and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 176 calories, Carbohydrate 26.4 grams carbohydrates, Fat 6.4 grams fat, Fiber 1.4 grams fiber, Protein 3.3 grams protein
BASMATI RICE PILAF
Serve this fluffy, flavorful rice with our Tandoori-Style Chicken.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Ingredients Pasta and Grains Rice Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 4
- In a medium pot, heat oil over medium. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until soft, 5 minutes. Add rice; cook, stirring, until rice is translucent at edges, 2 minutes.
- Add 2 1/2 cups water and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over high; cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 280 g, Fat 3 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 5 g
BASMATI RICE PILAF
Make and share this Basmati Rice Pilaf recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter.
- Saute the onion and almonds over medium heat until onion is soft (not brown) and the almonds are golden.
- Stir in rice; cook stirring for about 4 minutes to release flavor.
- Stir in chopped carrot, currants, orange peel, cinnamon, black pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Carefully stir in chicken broth and water into the rice mixture, stir slightly with a wooden spoon.
- Bring to a boil, and reduce heat.
- Cover the saucepan and simmer until all liquid is absorbed, and the rice is tender (about 20 minutes).
- Season with salt.
BASMATI RICE PILAF WITH APRICOTS
Here's to the humble chicken breast: No more dowdy sides for you. Rice takes on exotic flare when laced with spices, dried fruits, and nuts.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Put the apricots and lemon zest in the 2 cups of cold water. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the garam masala, and toast, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the onion and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is tender and translucent, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in the rice and cook, stirring occasionally, until it begins to brown, about 4 minutes. Stir in the water along with the apricots, lemon zest, the remaining 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste. Bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low, wrap a clean dish towel around the saucepan lid, and cover saucepan. Cook for 10 minutes, set aside for 5 minutes undisturbed, then remove lid and fluff with a fork. Mound the pilaf on a serving platter or in a shallow bowl, tear the mint over, and top with the nuts.
- Game Plan: Toast the nuts while the rice cooks.
BASMATI RICE PILAF
Wonderful flavor and textured rice dish.
Provided by Carol Castellucci Miller
Categories Side Dish Rice Side Dish Recipes Pilaf
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat chicken stock in a saucepan until boiling; keep hot until ready to use.
- Heat vegetable oil in a 2 quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook and stir onion and bay leaf in the hot oil until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir basmati rice into onion mixture until rice is coated with oil.
- Pour hot chicken stock into the rice mixture. Season with salt; stir.
- Bring rice mixture to a boil; cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Continue simmering until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat and discard bay leaf. Add butter and fluff the rice with a fork.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 244.3 calories, Carbohydrate 40.4 g, Cholesterol 7.9 mg, Fat 6.9 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 4.1 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, Sodium 279.4 mg, Sugar 0.6 g
BASMATI RICE PILAF
Provided by Alex Guarnaschelli
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- To wash or not to wash rice? In the case of basmati, no matter what my preparation is, I always wash it. It cleans out any small particles and it also rids the rice of any starch on the grain. This starch makes the rice gummier when cooked.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, add the rice and 4 cups of cold water. Soak the rice for 1/2 hour.
- In a small bowl, add the cumin seeds, cardamom, fennel seeds, cinnamon, black peppercorns, and bay leaves and stir to combine. Turn the mixture out onto a baking sheet and put it in the center of the oven to lightly toast the spices and awaken the flavors, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the spices to cool.
- Heat a medium saute pan over medium heat and add the butter and the onion. Season with salt and cook until the onions are translucent but not brown, about 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the spices. Drain the rice but reserve the soaking water. Stir in the rice and cook until you hear the rice crackling, about 2 minutes. Gently stir in the reserved soaking water. Season with a generous portion of salt and bring the liquid to a simmer over medium heat.
- Cook the rice over medium-low heat, uncovered and undisturbed, for about 8 minutes. Take a fork (so as not to damage the rice) and flake a few grains off to taste for doneness. It may need to be cooked another 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow the rice to "rest" (as you would a roast beef) for 10 minutes before "forking" it gently into a serving bowl. Stir in 3 tablespoons of butter, if desired, and serve.
Gordon Ramsay brings you an oven-baked rice pilaff, perfect for making ahead and to serve with his Stir fry of duck
Provided by Gordon Ramsay
Categories Dinner, Side dish
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to fan 160C/conventional 180C/gas 4. You will need a medium casserole with a lid. Rinse the rice well in a large bowl of water, then drain.
- Melt two-thirds of the butter in the casserole and sauté the onion for about 5 minutes. Add the rice, stir well, then add the herbs, whole spices and lemon zest and cook for a minute. Now pour in the boiling stock or water and mix into the rice, along with 1½ tsp sea salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Cover and bake for 25 minutes. Leave to stand for 5 minutes, then remove the lid and fork through the remaining butter until the rice is fluffy and separated.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 313 calories, Fat 11 grams fat, SaturatedFat 7 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 52 grams carbohydrates, Protein 6 grams protein, Sodium 0.65 milligram of sodium
BASMATI & MUSHROOM PILAF
This is another one from my mother. I haven't made it myself, but I have eaten plenty of it-- it is sooooo good. I am not big on nuts, but it really does taste good to have the almonds in there.
Provided by TexasKelly
Yield 3 cups
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In heavy 2 quart saucepan (with a ice tight lid), saute uncooked rice and garlic in butter until rice is lightly browned.
- Add mushrooms and saute for 2 more minutes.
- Add stock, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Stir in almonds and parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 510, Fat 23.8, SaturatedFat 6.7, Cholesterol 25.1, Sodium 758.6, Carbohydrate 60.7, Fiber 5.7, Sugar 5.5, Protein 16.6
LEMON BASMATI RICE
A delicious and easy side dish, goes great with fish!
Provided by Ainsley_
Categories Side Dish Rice Side Dish Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat the oil in a pot over medium heat. Cook the rice, ginger, and lemon zest together in the hot oil for about 1 minute; add the lemon juice and chicken broth. Bring the mixture to a boil; cover the pot and allow the mixture to simmer until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender, 18 to 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 193.8 calories, Carbohydrate 40.3 g, Fat 3 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 3.9 g, SaturatedFat 0.4 g, Sodium 1.2 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
COCONUT BASMATI PILAF
Adapted from a recipe by the Indian chef, cooking teacher and cookbook author Julie Sahni, this pilaf is an excellent accompaniment to a vindaloo or other Indian main dish. In addition to the coconut milk, it's flavored with cardamom and ginger.
Provided by Alex Witchel
Categories easy, weekday, side dish
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Rinse the rice in a strainer under cold water until water runs clear. Drain well and transfer to a large saucepan with 1 1/2 cups cold water, cardamom, ginger, cilantro, salt and coconut milk. Let soak for 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Place the saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Stir a few times to keep rice grains from clumping. Cook uncovered, rapidly boiling, until most of the liquid is absorbed and the surface is covered with steamy holes, about 6 minutes. Reduce heat as low as possible and cook, covered, for 5 minutes. Remove and discard the cilantro sprig, cardamom and ginger.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 293, UnsaturatedFat 1 gram, Carbohydrate 41 grams, Fat 12 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 5 grams, SaturatedFat 11 grams, Sodium 277 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams
BASMATI CHICKEN RICE PILAF
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In plastic storage bag, combine curry powder, chicken, onion and bell pepper. Shake well to coat chicken and vegetables in curry powder.
- Heat sauté pan over high heat and add tablespoon of oil. Add chicken mixture to pan and sauté until chicken is almost done, about 5 minutes.
- Add in chicken broth and rice to pan. Heat until most of the chicken broth has absorbed, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in yogurt and chopped cilantro into heated rice and chicken mixture.
- Stir until well combined.
More about "basmati pilaff recipes"
HERBED BASMATI RICE PILAF RECIPE - THE REBEL CHICK
BROWN BASMATI RICE PILAF BEST RECIPES
BASMATI PILAFF | RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD RECIPES, BASMATI, GOOD FOOD
BASMATI TURKEY PILAF RECIPE | PISTACHIO, CRANBERRIES & HERBS - TILDA
BASMATI PILAFF - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES - FOODDIEZ.COM
POTATO AND BASMATI RICE PILAF RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
EASY RICE PILAF WITH PEAS AND CARROTS - THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
BASMATI PILAF WITH DRIED FRUITS AND ALMONDS RECIPE
BROWN BASMATI & CHICKPEA PILAF - DAINTY RICE
BASMATI RICE PILAF WITH DRIED FRUIT AND ALMONDS - ONCE UPON A CHEF
BASMATI PILAF WITH TURKEY RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
BAKED BASMATI RICE PILAF | SILK ROAD RECIPES
ALMOND BASMATI RICE PILAF RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
BROWN BASMATI RICE PILAF RECIPE - NDTV FOOD
BASMATI PILAF WITH TURKEY, PISTACHIO, CRANBERRIES, PARSLEY AND …
BEST EASY BASMATI RICE PILAF RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
RICE PILAF RECIPE WITH BASMATI RICE | MAHATMA® RICE
BEST BASMATI RICE PILAF - AWAY FROM THE BOX
BEST DAMN INSTANT POT RICE PILAF - RECIPETEACHER
BARIIS (BASMATI RICE PILAF WITH RAISINS) | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
BASMATI RICE PILAF WITH PISTACHIOS - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
SPICED BROWN BASMATI PILAF RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BASMATI PILAF WITH ALMONDS AND CILANTRO RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BASMATI RICE AND PEA PILAF (PEAS PULAO) RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
BROWN BASMATI RICE PILAF RECIPE WITH PECANS - THE SPRUCE EATS
BASMATI PILAF RECIPES - HOME COOKING - CHOWHOUND
BASMATI RICE PILAF (HOW TO COOK BASMATI RICE) - A BEAUTIFUL PLATE
BASMATI RICE PILAF RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
INSTANT POT INDIAN BASMATI RICE PILAF - TWOSLEEVERS
BASMATI RICE PILAF WITH PEAS RECIPES
BASMATI RICE PILAF | RECIPE | RICE SIDE DISHES, PILAF RECIPES, RICE ...
QUINOA BASMATI RICE PILAF - VEGETARIAN | VEGAN | RECIPES | HEALTHY ...
INDIAN BASMATI RICE PILAF RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
BASMATI & WILD MUSHROOM PILAF | LUNDBERG FAMILY FARMS
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love