BEAN WITH BACON SOUP
- Pick through the beans, then rinse and drain them. Put them in a large pot and cover with water by 2 inches. Let soak overnight.
- Drain the beans and return them to the pot. Add the chicken stock and 4 cups of water. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- While the beans are simmering, cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Add half the bacon to the beans, reserving the rest for garnish.
- Remove all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease from the skillet and add the carrots, celery and onions. Season with some salt and pepper and cook until the vegetables are just beginning to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the tomato paste and garlic and cook for another minute, stirring to combine.
- Using a slotted spoon, add the vegetables to the beans. Add the bay leaves and give it a good stir. Taste to check if it needs any additional seasoning. Simmer until the beans are tender, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- When ready to serve, stir in the tomatoes. Serve with the reserved bacon and chopped parsley.
BEAN AND BACON SOUP (CANNED OR DRY BEANS!)
Smoky bacon and creamy white beans are combined in this familiar homestyle bean and bacon soup. So flavorful and easy to make.
Provided by Rachel Gurk
Categories Soups and Stews
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large heavy bottomed pan, cook the bacon over medium heat. Remove bacon to a paper towel-lined plate. Remove all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat.
- Add vegetables to pan and cook until onions are translucent and carrots and celery are beginning to soften, 4-5 minutes.
- Add garlic and tomato paste and cook, stirring, for another minute or until fragrant.
- Add chicken broth, water, beans, bay leaves, thyme, salt, pepper, and half of bacon. Bring to boil, reduce to simmer and cook, partially covered, for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Remove about half of the soup, and puree the remaining soup using either a hand-held immersion blender or a traditional blender. Stir blended and unblended soup together and add remaining bacon, reserving some to garnish, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1.5 cups, Calories 158 kcal, Carbohydrate 7 g, Protein 7 g, Fat 12 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Cholesterol 19 mg, Sodium 569 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 2 g, TransFat 1 g, UnsaturatedFat 7 g
BEAN AND BACON SOUP
- Cook bacon in soup pot till browned but still limp.
- Remove bacon from pan and reserve two tablespoons bacon fat.
- Cook carrots,onions, and celery in bacon fat over medium heat till soft.
- add beans and broth to soup pot with bacon and veggies.
- Bring to boil and turn heat down to simmer for 1/1/2 hours.
- Season with celery salt and pepper and serve with crusty bread and butter.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 656.7, Fat 20.7, SaturatedFat 6.2, Cholesterol 32.1, Sodium 731.3, Carbohydrate 82.2, Fiber 28.3, Sugar 10.3, Protein 37.1
BEAN WITH BACON
- Boil the beans in 9 cups of the water and then let sit for one hour. Drain and set aside.
- Cook the bacon to your desired texture (it can be soft or crisp, whatever you prefer) and drain except for 1/4 cup grease. Coarsely chop the bacon.
- Add the onions and celery to the reserved grease and bacon and saute until soft, do not drain. Add the chicken base or cubes, 4 cups water, beans, bay leaf, salt, pepper, and cloves, and simmer for 2 hours.
- Stir in the tomatoes with their juice. Serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 630.7 calories, Carbohydrate 52.2 g, Cholesterol 51.5 mg, Fat 35.3 g, Fiber 19.6 g, Protein 26.6 g, SaturatedFat 11.5 g, Sodium 987.1 mg, Sugar 6.5 g
BEAN AND BACON SOUP
This bean and bacon soup has been on our menu for about 25 years. Customers tell us they love its flavor. A clear chicken broth makes it different from other bean soups. -Robert Doumas, Gaylord, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place beans in a Dutch oven or soup kettle; add water to cover by 2 in. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 1 hour. Drain and rinse beans; discard liquid., In a large saucepan, combine the broth, beans, parsley, bay leaves and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Add the onion, carrot and celery. Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables and beans are tender. Stir in bacon. Discard the bay leaves before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 196 calories, Fat 3g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 3mg cholesterol, Sodium 818mg sodium, Carbohydrate 31g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 12g fiber), Protein 13g protein.
BEAN AND BACON SOUP
A hearty, tasty soup for those cold winter days
Provided by elessario
Yield Serves 6
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Chop the bacon, then fry it in the large saucepan you will use the the soup. The idea is not to crisp it but to render the fat: cook it on a low heat with the lid on for about 10 minutes. Remove from the pan, leaving any rendered fat in the pan
- Whilst the bacon is cooking, roughly chop the onion, garlic and leek and peel and slice the carrot. Once the bacon is done, put all of these into the pan and stir in the bacon fat. Add a generous splash of cider vinegar and allow to cook gently for about 5 minutes.
- Add the water, stock, bouillon, paprika, bay leaves and puree to the vegetables. Stir through and then leave to simmer for about an hour.
- Once cooked, add the bacon and then put through a blender and return to the pan (or use an immersion blender in the pan) before adding the drained and rinsed beans. Allow to heat through for 15 minutes.
- Season to taste and serve with crusty bread.
- This recipe is my (remarkably successful) attempt to recreate a covent garden soup of the month recipe - I think I actually like this mor than the original!
BEAN, BACON AND PEPPER SOUP
An easy, quick and hearty soup that's great in winter. Tasty with garlic bread or melba toast and even better the next day. You can adjust all the seasonings to personal taste.
Provided by Deserie Harrison
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a large pot over medium high heat, saute the bacon until crisp. Drain the fat, leaving about 2 tablespoons in the pot. Crumble the bacon, reserving for later for garnish. Add the onions, carrots, red bell pepper, celery and garlic to the pot and saute in the bacon fat for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the sugar, ground black pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, bay leaf, thyme and Worcestershire sauce. Now pour in just a small amount of chicken stock to deglaze the pan. (Note: This removes all of the caramelized particles from the bottom of the pan.)
- Add the beans and the rest of the stock and continue to cook over medium high heat for 10 to 15 minutes, or until all vegetables are tender.
- In a food processor or blender, puree 3 cups of soup at a time, adjusting seasoning if necessary. Return all pureed soup to the pot, stir in the parsley and crumbled bacon and simmer for 10 more minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 384.5 calories, Carbohydrate 50.4 g, Cholesterol 19 mg, Fat 13.4 g, Fiber 11.2 g, Protein 17.3 g, SaturatedFat 4.4 g, Sodium 315.6 mg, Sugar 7.4 g
REAL SIMPLE BEAN AND BACON SOUP
From the February 2005 issue of Real Simple magazine. This is a quick comfort food for cold days. You can substitute lima, cannellini, or borlotti beans for the great Northern beans in this recipe.
Provided by Ms B.
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large Dutch oven or saucepan, fry the bacon until crisp.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Let cool, chop and set aside.
- Over medium heat, add the carrot to the pan drippings in the Dutch oven and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the celery, onion, and garlic, stirring well and cooking for 3 minutes more.
- Add the beans and 2 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and, with a potato masher or large slotted spoon, partially mash the bean mixture until it thickens slightly.
- Stir in the parsley, salt, pepper and bacon.
- Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 202.1, Fat 5.4, SaturatedFat 1.8, Cholesterol 7.2, Sodium 477.6, Carbohydrate 28.3, Fiber 9, Sugar 1.6, Protein 11.3
THE BEST BARBECUE BAKED BEANS
It's not a real barbecue until a dish of baked beans shows up! While there are many different versions and many different techniques, I'm here to tell you that these are the best. These are the tastiest, most satisfying, the easiest, and the meatiest. They not only make a great side dish, but if the budget's a little tight, these will absolutely work as a main course. Sprinkle the top with sliced green onion if you like.
Provided by Chef John
Categories Baked Beans
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Add dry beans to a bowl, cover with water, and let soak for 8 hours, or overnight.
- Drain beans and transfer to a large pot filled with 3 quarts of cold, fresh water. Add bay leaf, pork shoulder, and onion. Bring to a simmer over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir. Skim off foam if desired. Let simmer until beans are just tender, about 1 hour.
- While beans simmer, combine barbecue sauce, ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, molasses, mustard, Worcestershire, smoked paprika, cayenne, black pepper, kosher salt, and garlic powder in a bowl with a whisk. Set aside until needed.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Transfer tender bean mixture to a deep, 15x10-inch baking dish using a spider strainer. Pour in barbecue sauce mixture and 2 ½ cups of the bean cooking liquid. Place bacon slices on top.
- Bake uncovered in the center of the preheated oven until the liquids have reduced into a thick sauce, 2 to 3 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 273.2 calories, Carbohydrate 42.9 g, Cholesterol 9.5 mg, Fat 6.9 g, Fiber 10 g, Protein 11.1 g, SaturatedFat 2.2 g, Sodium 995.3 mg
BEAN AND BACON SOUP WITH CHEESE TOASTS
- In a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat, cook the bacon pieces, stirring frequently, until brown and just crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Using a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to a paper-towel-lined plate; set aside.
- Pour all but about 1 tablespoon of bacon fat from the pan. Return the pan to the heat; add the onion, carrots, and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the stock and 2 cups water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. Add the beans, sage, salt and pepper, and half of the reserved bacon. Simmer for a few more minutes while preparing the cheese toasts.
- Meanwhile, heat the broiler; place bread on a baking sheet. Sprinkle bread with cheese; broil until cheese is melted and bread is just golden, about 2 minutes. Cut into triangles.
- Garnish soup with remaining bacon, and serve with cheese toasts on the side.
More about "bean and bacon soup recipes"
WHITE BEAN SOUP WITH BACON RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
5/5 (28)Total Time 9 hrs 45 minsCuisine AmericanCalories 380 per serving
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
MIXED BEAN SOUP WITH BACON RECIPE - TESCO REAL FOOD
BEAN WITH BACON SOUP - THE PIONEER WOMAN
BEAN AND BACON SOUP RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
HOMEMADE BEAN AND BACON SOUP - TASTE AND TELL
HOMEMADE BEAN AND BACON SOUP - JONES DAIRY FARM
COPYCAT CAMPBELL'S BEAN & BACON SOUP RECIPE
HOMEMADE BEAN AND BACON SOUP - BOWL ME OVER
SLOW COOKER BEAN AND BACON SOUP RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
BACON AND BEAN SOUP RECIPE - YELLOW BLISS ROAD
LEFTOVER BEAN AND BACON SOUP RECIPE (LOW CARB) - HEALTHY HOME …
BEAN WITH BACON SOUP - CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
SLOW COOKER BEAN WITH BACON SOUP - RECIPES THAT CROCK!
BEAN BARLEY HAM SOUP - THERESCIPES.INFO
INSTANT POT BEAN AND BACON SOUP | WITH TWO SPOONS
HOMEMADE BEAN AND BACON SOUP - SIMPLY SCRATCH
GREAT NORTHERN BEAN SOUP WITH BACON | COOKING ON THE RANCH
BEAN AND BACON SOUP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BEAN-AND-BACON SOUP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BEAN AND BACON SOUP RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
QUICK AND EASY BEAN WITH BACON SOUP - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
BACON BEAN AND POTATO SOUP RECIPE - BUDGET BYTES
SLOW COOKER BEAN AND BACON SOUP RECIPE-BUTTER YOUR BISCUIT
BEST BEAN WITH BACON SOUP RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
WHITE BEAN SOUP WITH BACON | THE MODERN PROPER
BEAN AND BACON SOUP - IN 15 MINUTES - COOKTHESTORY
BEAN AND BACON SOUP • SALT & LAVENDER
VEGAN BEAN AND BACON SOUP: QUICK & EASY DINNER
CHEESECAKE FACTORY BUTTER BEAN AND BACON SOUP RECIPE - SECRET …
BEAN AND BACON SOUP - THE DARING GOURMET
BEAN AND BACON SOUP - THE SPRUCE EATS
BEAN AND BACON SOUP - COOKING CLASSY
CROCKPOT BEAN AND BACON SOUP RECIPE - BAKE ME SOME SUGAR
BEAN AND BACON SOUP FOR TWO • ZONA COOKS
CROCK-POT BACON & BEAN SOUP RECIPE
EASY BEAN AND BACON SOUP | TRIED AND TRUE RECIPES
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #for-large-groups #soups-stews #beans #american #southern-united-states #number-of-servings #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love