SWEET POTATO AND BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Put 1/4 cup red enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 13-by-9-inch baking dish.
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add the garlic, onions and jalapeño and cook until the onions become translucent and the garlic is fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the cubed sweet potatoes, diced tomatoes, black beans, cilantro, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper to taste and 1/4 cup water. Cover and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the sweet potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Place a generous 1/3 cup filling in the center of each tortilla, roll up and place in the baking dish seam-side down.
- Top with the remaining 3/4 cup enchilada sauce and the cheese. Bake, covered with foil, until the enchiladas are hot and the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. Top with more cilantro and serve with sour cream if desired.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, add the oil and saute the garlic until it is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the tomato sauce, chicken broth, chile powder, cumin, chipotle chiles and some salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until slightly thickened, for 5 to 7 minutes. Set aside until ready to use.
BEAN POTATO ENCHILADAS
This sounds strange, but it's really, really good. I came up with this when I was craving Mexican food and we didn't have may traditional ingredients in the house. It came out great, and it received rave reviews.
Provided by LauraKKH
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with vegetable oil spray.
- Place potato cubes into a saucepan of lightly salted water. Bring to a boil, then cook for 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain potatoes, and return them to the pan. Pour in olive oil and milk; whip potatoes until smooth using a hand mixer. Once the potatoes are smooth, use a spoon to stir in the pinto beans, onion, and taco seasoning mix.
- Place a small skillet over medium heat, and coat with oil or cooking spray. One at a time, heat tortillas until pliable. Place a heaping spoonful of the potato and bean mixture onto each tortilla, then place a slice of Monterey Jack cheese over the bean mixture. Roll up tortillas and place them seam side down in the prepared baking dish. Spoon enchilada sauce and salsa over the rolled tortillas.
- Bake for 20 minutes, uncovered, in the preheated oven. Remove from the oven, and sprinkle Cheddar cheese over the top. Return to the oven for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 475.1 calories, Carbohydrate 54.7 g, Cholesterol 47.5 mg, Fat 21.9 g, Fiber 7.8 g, Protein 16.9 g, SaturatedFat 10.5 g, Sodium 731.9 mg, Sugar 3.4 g
BLACK BEAN & SWEET POTATO ENCHILADAS
Yummy! Adapted from "Vegan Planet," this recipe is something my non-vegetarian hubby requests regularly. Roasting the sweet potatoes is absolutely the key to this recipe - I've cooked them other ways before and it turns out much less flavorful. It looks like a lot of ingredients, but it goes together quickly and makes great left overs too! In the future, I plan to try substituting homemade enchilada sauce for the salsa and more tomatoes. **Update: as some of the reviewers have noted, the cayenne pepper makes this a pretty spicy number! You may want to add less if you don't like the heat.
Provided by Veggie_Girl
Categories Yam/Sweet Potato
Yield 10 enchiladas, 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Preheat oven to 400°F Arrange diced sweet potatoes on a cookie sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and season with cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and black pepper (to taste). Roast for approximately 30-40 minutes or until tender. When potatoes are finished, reduce heat to 350°F.
- While the potatoes are roasting, heat 1 tbs olive oil in a large skillet. Add garlic, chilies, yellow onion, and green pepper until it begins to soften, about 3-4 minutes. Add cumin and cayenne; cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add black beans, tomatoes, and chili powder to the skillet. Simmer over low heat until the sweet potatoes have finished, allowing the mixture to cook down a bit. Once the sweet potatoes are out of the oven, add them to the black bean mixture and allow them to cook for 5 more minutes.
- Lightly spray a 9x13 baking dish and spread a thin layer of salsa on the bottom.
- Place a tortilla onto a flat work surface. Spoon a portion of the sweet potato/black bean mixture down the center; roll up the tortilla and place into baking dish. Continue until all tortillas are filled.
- Spoon any remaining sweet potato/black bean mixture on top of the tortillas. Top with remaining salsa, cheese, and minced red onion. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes until hot and bubbly. Remove foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.
BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS
Picante sauce gives lots of zip to the tasty filling in these meatless enchiladas. Each generous serving is packed with fresh-tasting ingredients-and fiber, too. -Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a nonstick skillet, cook and stir onion and green pepper in broth for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Mash one can of black beans. Add to the skillet with 3/4 cup of picante sauce and remaining beans; heat through., Spoon 1/4 cup mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place, seam side down, in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine tomatoes and remaining picante sauce; spoon over enchiladas., Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheeses. Bake 5 minutes longer. To serve, place 1/2 cup lettuce on each place and top with two enchiladas. Serve with sour cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 442 calories, Fat 12g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 15mg cholesterol, Sodium 1261mg sodium, Carbohydrate 63g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 10g fiber), Protein 17g protein.
POTATO AND BEAN ENCHILADAS
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). In a bowl, toss diced potatoes together with cumin, chili powder, salt, and ketchup, and place in an oiled baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, boil tomatillos and chopped onion in water to cover for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool. Once cooled, puree with half of the cilantro until smooth.
- Fry tortillas individually in a small amount of hot oil until soft.
- Mix potatoes together with pinto beans, 1/2 cheese, and 1/2 cilantro. Fill tortillas with potato mixture, and roll up. Place seam side down in an oiled 9x13 inch baking dish. Spoon tomatillo sauce over enchiladas, and spread remaining cheese over sauce. Bake for 20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 246.5 calories, Carbohydrate 41.5 g, Cholesterol 9.2 mg, Fat 5.7 g, Fiber 6.7 g, Protein 9.5 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 384.7 mg, Sugar 3.3 g
BEAN AND POTATO ENCHILADAS
A quick and simple dish. Serves 4 but can be multiplied to feed a crowd. Garnish or dip with guacamole, sour cream or salsa.
Provided by Stacey Sweet
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat and saute the onion, garlic, hot pepper and cumin for 2 minutes. Add the vegetable stock and tomato juice,and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix the cornstarch with a bit of cold water and add to the sauce while stirring. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the tomato, beans, potatoes, coriander and cheese. Divide this mixture among the tortillas, cover with a large tablespoon of the sauce and roll up. Place the enchiladas in a lightly oiled rectangular ovenproof dish.
- Cover the enchiladas with the remainder of the sauce and cook in the oven at 350 F for 15-20 minutes. Serve immediately accompanied with your favourite garnish or dip.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1108.5, Fat 34, SaturatedFat 10.1, Cholesterol 25.1, Sodium 1232.5, Carbohydrate 167.7, Fiber 19.9, Sugar 10.2, Protein 35.8
SMOKY SWEET POTATO AND BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS
My hearty, delicious, nutrient-packed vegetarian dish is amazingly healthy. Everyone I've made it for has loved it-even carnivores! I always make two batches and freeze one. You'll want to eat this every week! -Elizabeth Lindemann, Salem, Massachusetts
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large saucepan, place a steamer basket over 1 in. of water. Place sweet potato, onion and red pepper in basket. Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer; steam, covered, until tender, 15-20 minutes., Transfer vegetables to a large bowl. Mash vegetables, gradually adding cilantro, spices and pepper to reach desired consistency. Stir in black beans., Spread 1/3 cup enchilada sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Place 1/3 cup vegetable mixture in center of each tortilla; sprinkle with 4 teaspoons cheese. Roll up and place in prepared dish, seam side down. Top with remaining enchilada sauce; sprinkle with remaining cheese., Bake, uncovered, until casserole is heated through and cheese is melted, 20-25 minutes. If desired, serve with optional toppings., Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked enchiladas. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 375°. Cover casserole with foil; bake until casserole is heated through, sauce is bubbling and cheese is melted, 30-35 minutes. Serve as directed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 399 calories, Fat 14g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 34mg cholesterol, Sodium 843mg sodium, Carbohydrate 52g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 8g fiber), Protein 18g protein.
More about "bean potato enchiladas recipes"
THE BEST VEGAN ENCHILADAS | JESSICA IN THE KITCHEN
BEAN AND POTATO VEGAN ENCHILADAS RECIPE - MOLLY YEH
5/5 (1)Category Bread + DoughServings 8Total Time 1 hr 30 mins
- Preheat oven to 350º. Toss the potatoes in 1/4 cup of the olive oil, 2 teaspoons of salt, and a few turns of black pepper. Distribute evenly on a baking sheet and roast until tender, about 40 to 50 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Cook the onion over moderate heat until soft and translucent, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the garlic, jalapeño, chili powder, cumin, crushed red pepper, paprika, oregano, sugar, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes and remove from heat. Blend in a food processor or blender until smooth. Return the tomato mixture to heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Wrap the tortillas in a damp paper towel and warm them in a microwave oven until soft and pliable, about 1 minute.
SWEET POTATO BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS - THE GIRL WHO ATE EVERYTHING
HEALTHY BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS - THERESCIPES.INFO
BLACK BEAN SWEET POTATO ENCHILADAS RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
SWEET POTATO BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS | WEELICIOUS
SWEET POTATO BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS - COZY PEACH KITCHEN
25-MINUTE SWEET POTATO & BEAN ENCHILADAS RECIPE - EATINGWELL
VEGAN BLACK BEAN SWEET POTATO ENCHILADAS (NO VEGAN CHEESE …
BEAN AND SWEET POTATO ENCHILADAS WITH CILANTRO-ORANGE CREMA
THE BEST VEGETARIAN ENCHILADAS (SWEET POTATO AND BLACK BEAN)
SWEET POTATO BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
SWEET POTATO BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS – A COUPLE COOKS
BLACK BEAN POTATO GREEN CHILE ENCHILADAS
BLACK BEAN POTATO VEGAN ENCHILADAS - THIS SAVORY VEGAN
BLACK BEAN SWEET POTATO ENCHILADAS - COOKIE AND KATE
SWEET POTATO BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS WITH AVOCADO LIME CREMA
BEAN POTATO ENCHILADAS | RECIPESTY
VEGETARIAN ENCHILADAS (BLACK BEAN AND SWEET POTATO) - THE RECIPE …
SWEET POTATO BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS - FLAVOR THE MOMENTS
SWEET POTATO BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS - FAMILY FOOD ON THE TABLE
SWEET POTATO, SQUASH, AND BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS - BAD MANNERS
SWEET POTATO BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS (VEGETARIAN!) - AVERIE COOKS
SPINACH, BLACK BEAN, & POTATO ENCHILADAS - OUR WANDERING KITCHEN
SWEET POTATO BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS - GLUTEN-FREE GODDESS RECIPES
MASHED POTATO ENCHILADAS - CONNOISSEURUS VEG
VEGAN BEAN & POTATO ENCHILADAS - RICHMEGAFOOD.COM
EASY BLACK BEAN SWEET POTATO ENCHILADAS RECIPE (CREAMY)
BEAN POTATO ENCHILADAS - PLAIN.RECIPES
SWEET POTATO AND BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS - THE FOOD CHARLATAN
BLACK BEAN, POTATO & CHEESE ENCHILADAS - JAMIE GELLER
VEGAN SWEET POTATO BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS RECIPE | SWEET POTATO …
POTATO AND BLACK BEAN GREEN CHILE ENCHILADAS ~ THIS WIFE …
SWEET POTATO BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS - VEGAN CASSEROLE RECIPE
HEALTHY SWEET POTATO BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS - BOWL OF DELICIOUS
SWEET POTATO BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS (VEGETARIAN) - THE BUSY BAKER
You'll also love