PORTUGUESE SAUSAGE AND BEAN STEW
- If using dried beans, add the beans to a large bowl, cover by 2 inches with cold water and let soak for at least 8 hours, or overnight. Drain and set aside. If using canned beans, drain and rinse.
- Add the bacon, if using, to a large, heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat and cook until browned and crisp, about 10 minutes. Remove the bacon and set aside. Discard all but 1 tablespoon of the fat and return the skillet to the stovetop. Add the sausage and cook until browned. With a slotted spoon, remove the sausage to a bowl and reserve.
- Discard all but 1 tablespoon of the fat from the skillet and return to the stove over medium heat. When the fat shimmers, add the onion and garlic, stir to coat in fat, and cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the potatoes and stir to coat in the tomato paste. Add the beans, chorizo, and all remaining ingredients, except the bacon, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the flavors have melded and the dried beans are cooked through, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Crumble the bacon into beans, and season with additional salt, if needed. Remove the bay leaf, transfer the beans to a serving bowl and serve.
BEANS WITH KALE AND PORTUGUESE SAUSAGE
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add sausage and cook, turning occasionally, until browned, about 5 minutes. Add onion and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion begins to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add wine and cook, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pot and stirring occasionally, until wine is reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Add Parmesan rind, if using, chiles, thyme, bay leaf, broth, tomatoes, and beans. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer gently, stirring occasionally and adding water as needed to keep beans submerged, until beans are tender, 1-1 1/2 hours. Mix in kale and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Serve beans drizzled with oil.
- DO AHEAD: Beans can be cooked 3 days ahead. Cover and chill.
PORTUGUESE SAUSAGE AND KALE SOUP (CALDO VERDE)
- Saute sausage slices in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer sausage to a plate, leaving any fat in the skillet.
- Add olive oil to the skillet and heat oil over medium heat; stir in onions. Cook and stir until the onions begin to brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Return sausage to the pot and add chicken broth, potatoes, and pepper; bring to a boil. Add kale and cannellini beans, reduce heat slightly, and simmer until sausage is cooked through and potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes. Season with salt.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 586.4 calories, Carbohydrate 35.2 g, Cholesterol 81 mg, Fat 37.2 g, Fiber 5.4 g, Protein 27.5 g, SaturatedFat 12.8 g, Sodium 2334.4 mg, Sugar 3.2 g
PORTUGUESE STYLE BEAN AND KALE SOUP
"2 links linguica" is about 13 oz of sausage, give of take. Really the whole recipe is a give or take kind of recipe, to taste. I have sometimes added a chopped carrot for color and taste. Also you can use chicken broth or stock. Really good on a cold night.
Provided by djunqx
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Chop linguica into rounds. In dutch over or large pot, heat 1 tbsp olive oil and add linguica, cook until linguica begins to golden and the oil begins to turn pink or orange. Add chopped onions, saute a few minutes. Add garlic, saute 1 minute. Add white beans, white pepper, and chicken broth/stock, bring to boil, reduce to medium low, Cover and cook 1 to 2 hours. Before serving, shred the kale and add to the pot and cook about 15 minutes (longer if you like it more wilted) Serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 355.5, Fat 4.7, SaturatedFat 1, Cholesterol 5.4, Sodium 280, Carbohydrate 58.9, Fiber 11.1, Sugar 4, Protein 21.2
SAUSAGE AND KALE STEW
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add sausage and cook, breaking it up with a fork, until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in onion and cook until soft, 4 to 5 minutes. Add garlic, and cook another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add kale and cook until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and pepper; bring to a simmer. Add vegetable broth and diced potato; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add beans and continue to simmer until beans are warm, 2 to 3 minutes. Add water if needed to keep stew from getting too thick or salty.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 268.3 calories, Carbohydrate 27.6 g, Cholesterol 22.3 mg, Fat 11.5 g, Fiber 5.1 g, Protein 13.5 g, SaturatedFat 3.8 g, Sodium 875.8 mg, Sugar 4.3 g
More about "beans with kale and portuguese sausage recipes"
PORTUGUESE BEAN SOUP RECIPE WITH KALE AND SAUSAGE
5/5 (1)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main Course, SoupCalories 408 per serving
- Add oil, onions and garlic to a large pot or dutch oven and cook over medium high heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, chopped kale, chicken stock, sherry, zest, paprika, and 1/2 teaspoon salt to the pot.
- Bring to a boil, then lower the heat. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes to soften the potatoes and kale.
- Peel the sausage casings off then cut the cured meat into thin coins. Stir in the sausage, white beans, and cream. Simmer another 5 minutes. Serve hot with Portuguese bread.
BEANS WITH KALE AND PORTUGUESE SAUSAGE SOUP - FRIENDS …
BEANS WITH KALE AND PORTUGUESE SAUSAGE - MINDFOOD
KALE WITH SAUSAGE AND BEANS RECIPE | RACHAEL RAY IN …
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
ITALIAN CANNELLINI BEAN RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
PORTUGUESE BEANS & MEAT STEW RECIPE | RECIPE | RECIPES, STEW …
KALE BEAN SAUSAGE SOUP RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
PORTUGUESE GARLIC SOUP - THERESCIPES.INFO
KALE SAUSAGE POTATO RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
BEANS WITH KALE AND PORTUGUESE SAUSAGE | MINDFOOD
PORTUGUESE WHITE BEAN KALE SAUSAGE SOUP RECIPES
VEGAN PORTUGUESE KALE, WHITE BEAN, AND SAUSAGE SOUP
BEANS WITH KALE AND PORTUGUESE SAUSAGE - MASTERCOOK
BEANS WITH KALE AND PORTUGUESE SAUSAGE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BEANS KALE AND SAUSAGE RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
BEANS WITH KALE AND PORTUGUESE SAUSAGE | MINDFOOD
EPICURIOUS BEANS WITH KALE AND PORTUGUESE SAUSAGE RECIPE
KALE BEANS SAUSAGE - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
BEANS WITH KALE AND PORTUGUESE SAUSAGE - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
KALE AND BEANS WITH SAUSAGE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
KALE AND WHITE-BEAN STEW RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
PORTUGUESE BEANS WITH KALE AND LINGUICA - SIDE DISH
THE EASIEST DINNER WITH KALE, SAUSAGE AND BEANS | CUP OF JO
PORTUGUESE BEAN AND SAUSAGE SOUP RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BEANS WITH KALE AND PORTUGUESE SAUSAGE | RECIPE | PORTUGUESE …
MEDITERRANEAN KALE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
BEANS WITH KALE AND PORTUGUESE SAUSAGE RECIPE | EPICURIOUS.COM ...
PORTUGUESE KALE SOUP WITH BEANS | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL …
PORTUGUESE KALE SOUP WITH BEANS RECIPE | SMART TIPS
TUSCAN BEANS WITH SPICY SAUSAGE AND KALE - LOVELEAF CO.
PORTUGUESE POTATO KALE SOUP RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
BEANS WITH KALE AND PORTUGUESE SAUSAGE FOOD- WIKIFOODHUB
WHITE BEAN KALE AND SMOKED SAUSAGE RECIPE FROM H-E-B
BEAN AND TURKEY SOUP RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
BEANS WITH KALE AND PORTUGUESE SAUSAGE | RECIPE | SAUSAGE …
You'll also love