BEEF TENDERLOIN WITH HERB-DIJON CRUST
Get ready for the oohs and aahs when you put this spectacular roast (with super-easy herb crust) on the table.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 400°F. In small bowl, mix parsley, basil, thyme, oregano and garlic; set aside.
- Spray bottom of roasting pan with cooking spray. Place beef in pan; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread mustard evenly over beef; pat parsley mixture over mustard. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is in center of thickest part of beef.
- Bake uncovered 35 to 45 minutes or until thermometer reads at least 140°F (for medium-rare doneness).
- Place beef on cutting board. Cover loosely with foil; let stand 15 minutes or until thermometer reads 145°F. (Temperature will continue to rise about 5°F, and beef will be easier to carve.) Cut beef into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 180, Carbohydrate 2 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Fiber 0 g, Protein 25 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 400 mg, Sugar 0 g, TransFat 0 g
HERB-CRUSTED ROAST BEEF
It's 15 years now I've been married to a man who loves beef. For a long time, though, I was reluctant to cook a roast for fear of ruining a nice cut of meat. Finally, I started buying roasts on sale and experimenting. This bottom round roast recipe was the result... now, my husband doesn't want a roast any other way. -Teri Lindquist, Gurnee, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place roast with fat side up in ungreased roasting pan. Combine the next five ingredients; pour over roast. Combine parsley, basil, salt, pepper, tarragon and thyme; rub over roast. , Bake, uncovered, 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Remove to a warm serving platter. Let stand 10-15 minutes. , Pour drippings and loosened brown bits into a measuring cup. Skim fat, reserving 2 tablespoons. In a large saucepan, combine flour, bouillon and 1 cup water until smooth. Gradually stir in the drippings, reserved fat and remaining water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice roast; serve with gravy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 254 calories, Fat 11g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 102mg cholesterol, Sodium 474mg sodium, Carbohydrate 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 34g protein.
HERB AND GARLIC-CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN WITH RED AND YELLOW PEPPER RELISH
- Preheat oven to 375 °F. Rub 1 tablespoon oil over each beef piece. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat 2 large nonstick skillets over high heat. Add 1 beef piece to each; brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Place beef pieces in large roasting pan. Mix 6 tablespoons oil, garlic, 2 tablespoons thyme and 2 tablespoons rosemary in small bowl. Coat top and sides of beef pieces with mustard, then with herb mixture. Roast until meat thermometer inserted into center of beef registers 125 °F for medium-rare, about 45 minutes. Transfer to platter. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut beef into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tablespoon each of thyme and rosemary and serve with pepper relish.
HERB & PEPPER CRUSTED RIB OF BEEF
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Mix the rock salt, peppercorns, garlic, rosemary, parsley and olive oil. Rub this mixture all over the beef rib then place in a roasting tin. Put in the oven and cook for 30 mins, then turn the oven down to 160C/140C fan/gas 3 and cook for a further 1 hr 20 mins. Remove from the oven, transfer the beef to a board, cover with tin foil and rest for 30 mins before carving.
- While the beef rests, make the gravy. Pour off all but 2 tbsp of fat from the roasting tin and reserve any juices. Fry the onions in the roasting tin over a medium heat for about 10 mins, then add the wine, stock and reserved juices. Keep cooking for a further 10 mins to reduce to a thick sauce, season well and serve alongside the roast beef.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 694 calories, Fat 46 grams fat, SaturatedFat 20 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 4 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 2 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 63 grams protein, Sodium 1.43 milligram of sodium
HERB CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Tie the beef with butcher's string and rub with the olive oil. Combine the rosemary, parsley, thyme, and garlic and pat the mixture on the beef. Season the beef with salt and pepper.
- Over high heat sear the beef in an ovenproof skillet, turning to brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Place the skillet directly into the oven and roast the beef for 20 to 25 minutes. Let the beef rest for 10 minutes before removing the string and slicing.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line the bottom and sides of an 8 by 8 by 2-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Rub the parchment paper with butter and a little bit of the garlic. Lay the potatoes in overlapping rows to cover the bottom of the parchment paper. Sprinkle with some of the cheese and garlic. Repeat the layering process until all the potatoes, cheese and garlic have been used.
- Whisk together the eggs, cream, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Pour the egg mixture over the potatoes. Press down on the potatoes to distribute the egg mixture. Cover the dish with parchment paper and bake for 1 1/2 hours. (Remove the parchment paper from the top for the last 20 minutes to brown the top).
- Allow the flan to rest for at least 15 minutes before turning out of the pan and cutting into serving sizes. This dish is best made a day ahead, then portioned and reheated in 400 degree F oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- In a medium pot heat the olive oil over medium-high heat, add the onions, and cook for 7 minutes until soft, stirring frequently. Stir in the sugar and salt, and cook for a further 7 minutes. Add the port and vinegar, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the thyme. Keeps for 1 week stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container
BEEF TENDERLOIN WITH HERB SALT CRUST
Salt dough is distantly related to huff paste, a concoction of salt, flour, and water used to protect meat from the heat of an open spit; herbs and garlic infuse this wrapped tenderloin with incredible flavor while it cooks. When finished, the salt crust will be discarded.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine 2 cups salt with 3 tablespoons thyme and 3 tablespoons rosemary. Add egg whites and 2/3 cup water; mix until thoroughly combined. A little at a time, add up to 2 cups flour, beating on medium speed, until mixture forms a firm, homogenous dough, 2 to 3 minutes. The dough should be firm but not too moist or sticky. If necessary, knead in additional flour or water. Form dough into a square; wrap in plastic. Let rest at room temperature at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Rinse tenderloin, and pat dry. Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet set over medium-high heat. When skillet is hot, add beef. Sear well on all sides, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Transfer tenderloin to a wire rack set over a baking pan to cool, 5 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to an approximately 10-by-15-inch rectangle (rectangle should be large enough to completely encase tenderloin). Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup thyme, 1/4 cup rosemary, the sage, bay leaves, parsley, and garlic over dough. Remove twine from tenderloin, and place it in the center of the dough. Roll dough around beef, completely encasing it. Press edges together to seal. Carefully transfer wrapped beef to a roasting pan. In a small bowl, mix egg yolks with 2 teaspoons water; brush entire surface of dough with egg wash. Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons salt over the top.
- Place baking pan in center of oven. Roast until crust is light golden and an instant-read thermometer inserted into center registers 125 degrees to 130 degrees (for medium-rare), allowing 10 to 12 minutes per pound. Remove pan from oven; let rest at room temperature 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, slice off the crust at one end, and remove beef; discard crust. Season beef with pepper, slice, and serve.
HERB-CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN
We enjoy easy-to-prepare entrees using fresh herbs, and often serve this tenderloin with steamed veggies. This one smells amazing in the kitchen and would be simple to serve guests. -Peter Halferty, Corpus Christi, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Rub tenderloin with 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle with pepper and salt. In a large skillet, brown beef on all sides. Transfer to a rack in a shallow roasting pan., Combine mustard, garlic, 2 tablespoons thyme, 2 tablespoons rosemary and remaining oil; brush over roast., Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 30-40 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Sprinkle with remaining herbs before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 323 calories, Fat 17g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 75mg cholesterol, Sodium 418mg sodium, Carbohydrate 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 37g protein.
HERB-CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN
- 1. Tuck tail of tenderloin under and tie roast. Combine 1 tablespoon salt, 1 tablespoon pepper, and sugar in small bowl and rub all over tenderloin. Transfer tenderloin to wire rack set on rimmed baking sheet and let stand at room temperature for 2 hours. 2. Meanwhile, pulse bread in food processor to fine crumbs. Transfer bread crumbs to medium bowl and toss in 2 tablespoons parsley, 2 teaspoons thyme, 1/2 cup Parmesan, and 2 tablespoons oil until evenly combined. Wipe out food processor and process remaining 6 tablespoons parsley, 2 tablespoons thyme, 3/4 cup cheese, 4 tablespoons oil, and garlic until smooth paste forms. Transfer herb paste to small bowl. 3. Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 400 degrees. Roast tenderloin 20 minutes and remove from oven. Using scissors, cut and remove twine. Coat tenderloin with herb paste followed by bread-crumb topping. Roast until thickest part of meat registers about 130 degrees (for medium-rare) and topping is golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. (If topping browns before meat reaches preferred internal temperature, lightly cover with foil for balance of roasting time and remove while roast rests.) Let roast rest, uncovered, for 30 minutes on wire rack. Transfer to cutting board and carve. Serve.
HERB CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN
Published in Cook's Country magazine, Dec/Jan 2007. A whole beef tenderloin can be an expensive cut of meat but three distinct crusts - the oven-seared meat, the herb paste coating, and the herbed bread-crumb crown - make this roast perfect for special occasions. Begin the recipe 2 hours before you plan to put it in the oven. The tenderloin can be trimmed, tied, rubbed with the salt mixture, and refrigerated up to 24 hours in advance; make sure to bring the roast back to room temperature before putting it in the oven. Serve with Recipe #408760.
Provided by swissms
Yield 12-16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Tuck the thin, tapered end of the tenderloin under the roast, then tie the entire roast every 1 1/2 inches.
- Combine 1 tablespoon salt, 1 tablespoon pepper, and sugar in small bowl and rub all over tenderloin. Transfer tenderloin to wire rack set on rimmed baking sheet and let stand at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Bread Crumb Topping: Pulse bread in food processor to fine crumbs. Transfer bread crumbs to medium bowl and toss in 2 tablespoons parsley, 2 teaspoons thyme, 1/2 cup parmesan, and 2 tablespoons oil until evenly combined.
- Herb Paste: Wipe out food processor and process remaining 6 tablespoons parsley, 2 tablespoons thyme, 3/4 cups cheese, 4 tablespoons oil, and garlic until smooth paste forms. Transfer herb paste to small bowl.
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 400°F Roast tenderloin 20 minutes and remove from oven. Using scissors, cut and remove twine.
- Using a spatula, spread the herb paste evenly over the top and sides of the tenderloin.
- Press the bread-crumb mixture evenly onto the roast, using the other hand to catch the crumbs and keep them from falling through the rack.
- Roast until thickest part of meat registers about 130°F and topping is golden brown, 20-25 minutes. (If topping browns before meat reaches preferred internal temperature, lightly cover with foil for balance of roasting time and remove while roast rests.).
- Let roast rest, uncovered, for 30 minutes on wire rack. Transfer to cutting board and carve. Serve.
More about "beef fillet with herb crust recipes"
GARLIC HERB BUTTER BEEF TENDERLOIN | THE RECIPE CRITIC
5/5 (2)Total Time 35 minsCategory Dinner, Main CourseCalories 862 per serving
- Prepare the tenderloin by trimming the fat. Cut it in half and tie the roast. Bend the tail in at the end of the roast so that it is tied in even thickness.
- Preheat a heavy bottom skillet to medium high heat and add the olive oil. Once the olive oil has reached the smoking point, add the roasts and sear each side for 3-4 minutes or until it is golden brown.
- To make the garlic butter spread: Combine the butter, garlic, thyme, oregano, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Place the tenderloin in a roasting pan, heavy bottomed skillet, or baking dish. Spread half of the butter on the roast.
HERB-CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN | SO DELICIOUS
5/5 (1)Total Time 40 minsCuisine FusionCalories 561 per serving
- Add the cilantro in a blender along with chili flakes, salt, oregano, panko, and olive oil. Blend until smooth.
ROAST BEEF WITH A CLASSIC BREADCRUMB, GARLIC & HERB CRUST ...
4.5/5 (2)Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanCalories 390 per serving
PARMESAN AND HERB-CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN RECIPE - MARIA ...
5/5 Total Time 1 hr 45 minsServings 12-14
HERB-CRUSTED FILET MIGNON RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.4/5 (27)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory Entree, DinnerCalories 452 per serving
ROASTED FILET OF BEEF WITH WHOLE-GRAIN MUSTARD & HERB CRUST
4.8/5 (12)Servings 10Cuisine AmericanCategory Main Course
HERB & HORSERADISH CRUSTED FILLET OF BEEF RECIPE | ABEL & COLE
Servings 8-10Total Time 1 hr
BEEF FILLET WITH HERB CRUST RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
Servings 4Total Time 1 hr 20 mins
ROASTED FILLET OF BEEF WITH WHOLE-GRAIN MUSTARD & HERB CRUST
Cuisine American, BritishTotal Time 40 minsCategory Main DishCalories 464 per serving
- Trim the meat of all excess fat and silverskin. Cut the filet in half to make two equal pieces about 7 inches long. You’ll have one piece with the broad double-pieced butt portion and a thinner piece that tapers to a small tip.
- Tuck the tapered tip under and tie with twine to fashion two equally thick roasts. Tie each roast at 2-inch intervals.
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees F. Heat a heavy-duty roasting pan or large Dutch oven or skillet over medium-high heat. Pour in enough vegetable oil to just cover the bottom of the pan. Pat the filets dry, salt them generously, and lay them in the pan; cook without disturbing them until the bottoms are a rich brown.
AIR FRYER ROAST BEEF WITH HERB CRUST - GRUMPY'S HONEYBUNCH
4.3/5 (298)Calories 336 per servingCategory Main Course
- Preheat the air fryer for 15 minutes at 390 degrees. Combine the garlic powder, onion salt, parsley, thyme, and basil, salt, and pepper.
- Place the roast in preheated air fryer. Set timer for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove the basket and turn the roast over.
- Reduce the temperature to 360 degrees on the air fryer and return the roast. Cook for another 60 minutes, or until thermometer reaches desired degree of doneness. Allow the roast to set for 15 minutes before cutting.
BUTTERY HERB-CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN - SWEET SAVORY AND STEPH
5/5 (5)Category Dinner, Main CourseCuisine AmericanCalories 594 per serving
HERB CRUSTED GRILLED BEEF TENDERLOIN - WHAT SHOULD I MAKE ...
3.5/5 (19)Total Time 50 minsCategory Dinner/Grilling, Main DishCalories 627 per serving
HERB-CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
5/5 (3)Total Time 2 hrs 30 mins
HERB CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN - YOUTUBE
WHAT SAUCE GOES WITH HERB CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN - PAN ...
BEEF FILLET WITH HERB CRUST RECIPES
SMOKRS CAST IRON SKILLET BEEF FILLET RECIPES
HERB CRUSTED FILLET OF BEEF RECIPE | BOOTHS SUPERMARKET
FILLET OF BEEF WITH A HERB CRUST RECIPE - THE WINE SOCIETY
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #south-west-pacific #main-dish #beef #easy #beginner-cook #dinner-party #holiday-event #romantic #dietary #high-protein #low-carb #wedding #inexpensive #egg-free #new-zealand #free-of-something #high-in-something #low-in-something #meat #steaks #taste-mood #number-of-servings #presentation #served-hot
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions