BEEF SHORT RIBS WITH RIGATONI
The success of this dish really depends on meaty ribs, or fatty ones, so get to know your butcher and look for well marbled ribs without a lot of fat. Ask for an English cut, which means pieces that are between 2 and 4 inches long. Slow cooking produces the tenderest and most delicious flavor and the entire casserole can be assembled and cooked hours before it is needed and just reheated, or cooked the day before. Either way, it is a winner. Pressed for time? Try making this in a crock pot. Set it and forget it, and come home to a great dinner.
Provided by Cook4_6
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Heat the olive oil in a large stovetop-to-oven-to-tabletop casserole, 12 by 2 inches deep. (I love my Le Creuset.)
- Rub the ribs with salt and pepper and brown them in batches. Do not crowd the ribs or they will steam instead of brown. As they brown, transfer them to a dish.
- If there is a lot of fat in the pan, drain off most of it, leaving about 2 tablespoons. Brown the pancetta; stir in the onions, fennel, and carrots and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Stir in the garlic and cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in the mushrooms and cook 2 minutes more.
- Raise the heat to high and pour in 1/3 cup of the wine. Cook until the wine almost evaporates, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the red pepper flakes and oregano.
- Combine the remaining wine, tomatoes and balsamic vinegar in a bowl; mix well, then pour over the ribs.
- Cover the pan tightly with a sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil and then a cover and bake for 2 hours or until the ribs are tender.
- Adjust the sauce seasoning if necessary.
- Remove the ribs to a cutting board; trim the meat away from the bone and connective tissue into small pieces and return the meat to the pan.
- Discard the bones and connective tissue. Keep the ragu warm while the rigatoni cooks.
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a rolling boil; add 1 tablespoon of salt and the rigatoni. Cook until the rigatoni is al dente.
- Drain the rigatoni and return it to the pot.
- Ladle some of the ragu sauce over the rigatoni and mix well. Transfer the rigatoni to a platter and pour the ragu over the pasta. Or mix the pasta directly in the casserole dish.
- Serve with grated Parmigiano Reggiano sprinkled over the top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 608.7, Fat 9.2, SaturatedFat 1.9, Cholesterol 95.8, Sodium 332.9, Carbohydrate 106.8, Fiber 9.9, Sugar 6.1, Protein 21.1
PENNE WITH BRAISED SHORT RIBS
- Place an oven rack in the lower 1/3 of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Season the ribs with salt and pepper. In a large heavy-bottomed Dutch oven or ovenproof stock pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. In batches, add the ribs and brown on all sides, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove the ribs and set aside. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, wine and mustard. Bring the mixture to a boil and scrape up the brown bits that cling to the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Return the ribs to the pan. Add the beef broth, cover the pan and place in the oven for 2 1/2 hours until the meat is fork-tender and falls easily from the bone.
- Remove the ribs from the cooking liquid. Using a large spoon, remove any excess fat from the surface of the cooking liquid. Using a ladle, transfer the cooking liquid in the bowl of a food processor. Process until the mixture is smooth. Pour the sauce into a saucepan and keep warm over low heat. Remove the meat from the bones. Discard the bones. Using 2 forks, shred the meat into small pieces. Stir the shredded meat into the sauce. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain the pasta and place in a large serving bowl. Using a slotted spoon, remove the meat from the sauce and add to the pasta. Pour 1 cup of the sauce over the pasta. Toss well and thin out the pasta with more sauce, if needed. Sprinkle the pasta with Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley before serving.
SIMPLE BEEF SHORT RIBS
The basics of this recipe came from my mom, and it was passed down to her from her mother and Oma. I changed it a little, and you can too. You can braise in basically any liquid you want. The short ribs come out so delicious and tender, and there is not an overwhelming sauce to overpower them.
Provided by CooperCook
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Season the short ribs with salt and pepper, then dredge in flour until coated. Shake off the excess flour.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Cook the ribs until browned on each side, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from the skillet and set aside. Add the onion and garlic to the skillet; cook and stir until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Return the ribs to the skillet and pour in the beer. Stir, scraping the bottom of the pan, until all of the browned bits have mixed in with the liquid. Pour in the beef stock, cover and simmer over low heat until very tender, about 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 363.8 calories, Carbohydrate 10 g, Cholesterol 54.2 mg, Fat 27.4 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 13 g, SaturatedFat 11.2 g, Sodium 651.4 mg, Sugar 1.9 g
SHORT RIB RAGù RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: bone-in beef short rib, kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, olive oil, yellow onion, carrot, garlic, tomato paste, port or red wine, crushed tomato, beef stock, dijon mustard, bay leaves, fresh thyme, water, pappardelle pasta, fresh parsley, grated parmesan cheese
Provided by Claire Nolan
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Pat the short ribs with paper towels to remove any excess moisture, then season generously with 2 teaspoons kosher salt and 2 teaspoons pepper.
- Add the olive oil to a Dutch oven or large, heavy-bottomed pot and heat over high heat until shimmering. Add half the short ribs and sear on each side until deep brown, about 7 minutes total. Remove from the pan and set aside. Repeat with the remaining short ribs.
- Discard all but 1 tablespoon of rendered fat from the pot. Add the onion, carrot, garlic, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1 teaspoon of pepper. Sauté over medium heat until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and sauté for a few more minutes, until darkened and thickened.
- Pour in the wine and use a wooden spoon to scrape any browned bits, or fond, from the bottom and sides of the pan. Reduce the liquid by half, about 15 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, beef stock, mustard, bay leaves, and thyme to the pot. Stir to combine.
- Add the short ribs, making sure the meat is submerged. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cover. Simmer for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Add up to 1 cup (240 ml) of water as needed if the sauce gets too thick. Skim excess fat off the top as needed. The short ribs are done when the meat pulls apart easily.
- Discard any bones that the meat has fallen off of, as well as the bay leaves and thyme stems. Transfer the short ribs to a cutting board. Pull out any remaining bones and discard. Using two forks, shred the meat, then return to the pot.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 15 minutes over low heat.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Plate the pasta in shallow bowls and ladle a scoop of ragù on top. Garnish with finely chopped parsley and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1022 calories, Carbohydrate 147 grams, Fat 21 grams, Fiber 9 grams, Protein 51 grams, Sugar 14 grams
More about "beef short ribs with rigatoni recipes"
FILIPPO'S BEEF SHORT RIBS RAGU WITH RIGATONI
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
SHORT RIBS IN RED SAUCE WITH RIGATONI RECIPE | RACHAEL RAY
- Heat the EVOO in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Season the meat with salt and pepper and brown all over in batches. Remove the meat to a plate and add the vegetables, garlic and bay leaves to the pot; season with salt and pepper. Cook to soften, 5-6 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste, cook for 1 minute, then add the wine. Reduce by half, then add the stock and tomatoes. Break up the tomatoes and slide the meat back in along with the herb bundle. Cover and transfer to the oven; cook to tender, 2 1/2 hours.
- Remove the meat and discard the herb bundle. Cover and keep warm; simmer the sauce to thicken while you cook the rigatoni.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta. Season the water with salt and cook the rigatoni to al dente. Drain the pasta and toss with butter and half to two-thirds of the sauce. Serve the pasta topped with the meat on or off the bone. Pass extra sauce at the table with the remaining cheese.
SAUSAGE, BEEF, AND RIBS WITH RIGATONI - BIGOVEN.COM
HOW TO COOK TRADER JOE’S BEEF SHORT RIBS BONELESS
RIGATONI WITH BRAISED SHORT RIBS - PINTEREST
RIGATONI WITH DARK COCOA + RED WINE SHORT RIBS - CHASING THE …
SAUSAGE, BEEF, AND RIBS WITH RIGATONI - PLAIN.RECIPES
RIGATONI WITH BRAISED SHORT RIBS - SCOTT CONANT
SAUSAGE, BEEF, AND RIBS WITH RIGATONI RECIPE - COOKING INDEX
SAUSAGE, BEEF, AND RIBS WITH RIGATONI RECIPE
ECONO-MAC: BEEF SHORT RIBS WITH RIGATONI
RIGATONI WITH BRAISED SHORT RIBS IN TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE
BEEF SHORT RIB RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
16 RECIPES FOR SUPER TENDER BEEF SHORT RIBS | TASTE OF …
RIGATONI WITH RED WINE BRAISED SHORT RIBS - WHATCHA …
SHORT RIBS IN RED SAUCE WITH RIGATONI | RECIPE - RACHAEL …
SHORT RIBS IN RED SAUCE WITH RIGATONI | RECIPE - PINTEREST.COM
SHORT RIBS IN RED SAUCE WITH RIGATONI RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SHORT RIB RAGOUT WITH EGG PASTA | BLUE JEAN CHEF - RECIPES
BEEF SHORT RIB RAGU PASTA SAUCE WITH RIGATONI | LONG LIVE THE …
BRAISED BEEF SHORT RIBS IN RED WINE SAUCE | RECIPETIN EATS
GRILLED BEEF SHORT RIBS MAKE AN EASY FLAVORFUL MEAL
SHORT RIBS WITH PAPPARDELLE - THE BEST RAGU EVER - SIP AND FEAST
SHORT RIBS IN RED SAUCE WITH RIGATONI - RACHAEL RAY'S NON PROFIT ...
BEEF SHORT RIBS WITH FARFALLE | CIAO ITALIA
BEEF RIBS IN BBQ SAUCE - SLOW COOKED SHORT RIBS! | RECIPETIN EATS
SLOW COOKED BEEF SHORT RIBS PASTA SAUCE - SAVORING ITALY
BEEF SHORT RIBS WITH RIGATONI -TRY A NEW TAKE ON OLD WORLD FLAVOR.
ITALIAN BEEF SHORT RIBS - ITALIAN FOOD FOREVER
SLOW COOKER BEEF SHORT RIBS | SUDBURY STAR
BEEF SHORT RIB RAGU PASTA SAUCE WITH RIGATONI - YOUTUBE
SLOWLY BRAISED SHORT RIB RAGU (SLOW COOKER, INSTANT POT-FRIENDLY)
SHORT RIB RAGU WITH RIGATONI #SUNDAYSUPPER
RIGATONI WITH SPICED BEEF RAGU (IN RED WINE) - A FEAST FOR THE EYES
SHORT RIB RAGU - PINA BRESCIANI
SHORT RIBS IN RED SAUCE WITH RIGATONI - RECIPES LIST
BEST ITALIAN BEEF SHORT RIB RAGU - CUCINABYELENA
BRAISED SPARERIBS WITH RIGATONI RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
SUNDAY GRAVY WITH BEEF SHORT RIBS - THE HUNGRY BLUEBIRD
PRO'S PANTRY: BRAISED BEEF SHORT RIB RAGOUT AND RIGATONI | RECIPES ...
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #main-dish #beef #easy #european #italian #crock-pot-slow-cooker #meat #beef-ribs #equipment #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love