EASY BEET CHIPS
A different way to use up some beets!
Provided by Kim
Categories Appetizers and Snacks Snacks Kids
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Thinly slice beets to about 1/16-inch thickness using a mandoline. Place beet slices in a bowl and add salt. Toss to combine. Allow beets to sit about 30 minutes. Drain excess liquid.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Pour olive oil over beets and toss to combine. Mix together garlic powder, black pepper, and dill in a small bowl. Sprinkle over beets and toss to coat. Place beet slices on baking sheets in a single layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crispy, 40 to 50 minutes. Sprinkle with additional salt, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 83.6 calories, Carbohydrate 12 g, Fat 3.6 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 0.5 g, Sodium 386.9 mg, Sugar 8.4 g
BEET CHIPS- ROOT VEG CHIPS
Ever wonder what those wonderful crunchy garnishes on top of your meal are in a nice restaurant? Well, this is them. Look fancy but o so easy.
Provided by Arabannie
Yield 1 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 2
- slice your beets paper thin on a mandolin.
- Tarot root also can be done the same way.
- you can also use a potato peeler to peel strips of parsnips or sweet potato.
- Heat you vegetable oil to 350 deg.
- For beet or tarot chips, fry in batches flipping during cooking.
- For sweet potatoes and parsnips, drop shavings into hot oil and swirl carefully so they dont stick together.
- Cook till crisp.
- remove to a paper towel lined pan.
- Season immediately with salt.
Nutrition Facts :
ROOT VEGETABLE CHIPS WITH ROASTED GARLIC DIP
"Carrots, parsnips, beets, taro, and lotus root all make chips that are not only delicious, but colorful, to boot. Make an assortment, and you'll have a rainbow in a bowl. The ricotta-garlic dip is the perfect partner, and one of the most-requested standards from my extensive dip-spread repertoire" ...so says Rick Rodgers in his book, "Fried & True: Crispy and Delicious Dishes from Appetizers to Desserts". Prep time does not include standing* or cooling time.
Provided by Sandi From CA
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- To make the dip: Preheat the oven to 400°F Cut the garlic in half horizontally, keeping the head as intact as possible-do not peel the garlic. Drizzle the cut surfaces with the oil and season with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Put the two halves back together to re-form the garlic head. Wrap tightly in aluminum foil. Bake until the garlic is tender and the cloves have turned golden beige, 35 to 45 minutes. Unwrap the garlic and let cool completely. Squeeze the garlic pulp out of the skins into a small bowl, discarding the skins.
- Using a fork, mash the garlic pulp until smooth. Stir in the ricotta, Parmigiano, and sour cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let stand* for 30 minutes at room temperature to blend the flavors. (The dip can be prepared 1 day ahead, covered, and refrigerated. Let it come to room temperature before serving.)
- To make the chips: Using a mandoline or plastic V-slicer, cut the root vegetables as directed below. The slices should be almost paper-thin, less than 116 inch. As the vegetables are sliced, place each kind in a separate large bowl of cold water and let stand* for 30 minutes to remove excess starch.
- Carrots and parsnips: Peel and cut lengthwise into very thin strips.
- Beets: Rub your hands lightly with vegetable oil to keep the beet juices from staining your skin. Peel the beets and cut crosswise into very thin rounds.
- Lotus roots: These can be found at Asian grocers, and make very interesting chips with random holes throughout. Peel and cut crosswise into very thin rounds.
- Taro: Also known as yautia, this root vegetable can be purchased at Latino and Asian markets. Fried taro chips have a slight purple tinge. Peel and cut crosswise into very thin rounds.
- Drain the vegetables well. Spread them out between layers of paper towels and pat completely dry.
- Place a large wire cake rack over a jelly roll pan. Fill a large roasting pan with a double thickness of crumpled paper towels. In a deep Dutch oven, melt vegetable shortening over high heat to a depth of 2 to 3 inches and heat it to 350°F
- In separate batches, without crowding, deep-fry the vegetables, stirring often with a wire-mesh skimmer to separate the chips, until the chips are golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. (If you are frying beets, fry them last, as their color may leach into the oil.) Using the skimmer, transfer the chips to the wire racks to drain briefly, then move them to the roasting pan with paper towels to remove excess oil. Separate each new layer of chips with more paper towels. The chips will crisp as they cool, and are best served at room temperature within 6 hours of frying. Just before serving, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and serve with the ricotta dip.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 154.1, Fat 11.9, SaturatedFat 7.2, Cholesterol 34.1, Sodium 158.5, Carbohydrate 4, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 0.2, Protein 8.1
BAKED VEGGIE CHIPS
Colorful, roasted root vegetable chips are a fun, festive snack or side. These perfectly seasoned veggie chips are so tasty they don't even need dip! -Christine Schenher, San Clemente, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 7 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Peel vegetables and cut into 1/8-inch slices. Place in a large bowl. Drizzle with oil. Combine the remaining ingredients; sprinkle over vegetables and toss to coat., Arrange in a single layer on racks in two ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 108 calories, Fat 5g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 1mg cholesterol, Sodium 220mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
Purple potatoes, garnet beets, and bright orange sweet potatoes update the classic potato chip with an assortment of vibrant colors and flavors.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Appetizers Finger Food Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel parsnips into long, thin strips, turning often, and stopping when you get to the tough core. With a mandoline or a hand slicer, slice potatoes, sweet potatoes, and beets into very thin rounds (less than 1/8 inch thick). Transfer vegetables to separate bowls, and separate slices with your fingers.
- Heat 3 inches of oil in a deep, heavy pot until it reaches 360 degrees. Working in small batches, fry parsnips, stirring to separate, until light gold and crisp, 30 to 45 seconds. With a wire-mesh skimmer, transfer to a baking sheet lined with a double layer of paper towels. Spread parsnips into a single layer, and sprinkle with salt. Repeat with potatoes and then sweet potatoes, cooking each batch about 1 minute. Replace paper towels between batches. (Adjust heat between batches as needed to maintain oil temperature.)
- Toss beet slices with Wondra flour, and shake off excess. Fry beets until crisp and golden, stirring to separate slices, about 1 minute. With a wire-mesh skimmer, transfer to a baking sheet lined with a double layer of paper towels. Spread beets in a single layer, and sprinkle with salt. Let chips dry and cool completely before serving or storing. Wrap chips in paper towels, then plastic wrap, and store in a resealable plastic bag for up to 1 day.
More about "beet chips root veg chips recipes"
BEET & ROOT VEGETABLE CHIPS | RECIPE | EDIBLE ASHEVILLE
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
HOW TO MAKE CRISPY, CRUNCHY (AND NUTRITIOUS!) BEET CHIPS
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
BEET CHIPS - BC FARMS & FOOD
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
BEET CHIPS (EASY VEGAN APPETIZER) - ABBEY'S KITCHEN
ROOT VEGETABLE CHIPS | THE LEAF NUTRISYSTEM BLOG
MIXED ROOT VEGGIE CHIPS RECIPE BY ZAREEN SYED - THE DAILY MEAL
ROOT VEGETABLE CHIPS – NUTRITION FOR LONGEVITY MEAL DELIVERY
THE 14 VEGETABLE CHIP RECIPES TO MAKE SNACKING TASTY AND HEALTHY
31 VEGAN BEETROOT RECIPES TO SWOON YOU OVER | VEGBYTE
ROOT VEGGIE CHIPS RECIPE – HEALTHY LUNCH IDEA FOR KIDS
CRISPY ROOT VEGETABLE CHIPS - THE MESSY BAKER
OVEN-BAKED ROOT VEGETABLE CHIPS - SIMPLY ORGANIC
CURRIED ROOT VEGETABLE SOUP WITH BEET CHIPS [VEGAN]
8 BAKED VEGGIE CHIPS RECIPES - MIND OVER MUNCH
23 TASTY WAYS TO MAKE VEGGIE CHIPS | PALEOHACKS BLOG
ROOT VEGETABLE CHIPS RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
HOW TO MAKE THE CRISPIEST VEGETABLE CHIPS AT HOME - STORIES
VEGETABLE CHIPS RECIPE - THREE WHISTLES KITCHEN
SWEET POTATO & BEET CHIPS | BEET CHIPS, FOOD, VEGAN RECIPES
HOMEMADE VEGETABLE CHIPS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CRISPY BAKED BEET CHIPS | 2-INGREDIENT RECIPE! - JUSTINE SNACKS
HOMEMADE ROOT VEGETABLE CHIPS (AKA TERRA© CHIPS ... - SCRATCH …
ROOT VEGGIE CHIPS WITH SEA SALT | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
RECIPE: HOMEMADE ROOT VEGETABLE CHIPS (JUST LIKE TERRA!)
HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN CHIPS FROM ROOT VEGETABLES | VEGNEWS
VEGETABLE PEEL CHIPS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
BEET CHIPS [VEGAN] - ONE GREEN PLANET
ROOT VEGETABLE CHIPS | THE MESSY BAKER
SPICY ROOT VEGETABLE CHIPS RECIPE | FOODAL
HOW TO MAKE BEETROOT CHIPS (BAKED OR DEHYDRATED) - ALPHAFOODIE
HOMEMADE VEGETABLE CHIPS RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
ROOT VEGETABLE CHIPS | RICARDO
RECIPE: ROOT VEGETABLE CHIPS | DIY ACTIVE
SALT AND VINEGAR BEET CHIPS - DEHYDRATED VEGETABLE CHIPS RECIPE
ROOT VEGETABLE CHIPS - TINY NEW YORK KITCHEN
ROOT VEGETABLE CHIPS RECIPE - TABLESPOON.COM
BEET PEEL CHIPS | THE CROOKED CARROT
CRISPY FRIED ROOT VEGETABLE CHIPS - JUST A LITTLE BIT OF BACON
AIR FRY BEETS RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
ROOT VEGETABLE CHIPS - HALF YOUR PLATE
CRISPY BAKED ROOT VEGETABLE CHIPS @ NOT QUITE NIGELLA
OVEN-BAKED BEET CHIPS RECIPE - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love