BIG CHEWY OATMEAL-RAISIN COOKIES
- Adjust oven racks to low and middle positions.
- Heat oven to 350°F (175 C).
- Beat butter until creamy.
- Add sugars and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Mix flour, salt, baking powder, and nutmeg together.
- Stir flour mixture into butter-sugar mixture.
- Stir in oats and optional raisins.
- Form dough into 16 2-inch balls, placing each onto one of two parchment paper-covered, large cookie sheets.
- Bake until cookie edges turn golden brown, 22 to 25 minutes.
- Slide cookies on parchment onto cooling rack.
- Let cool at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Comments: Do not over bake.
- The edges should be brown but the rest of the cookie should still be very light in color.
- Parchment makes for easy cookie removal and cleanup, but it's not a necessity.
- If you don't use parchment, let the cookies cool directly on the baking sheet for two minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 311.8, Fat 13.2, SaturatedFat 7.7, Cholesterol 53.8, Sodium 99.6, Carbohydrate 45.3, Fiber 1.9, Sugar 26, Protein 4.1
BIG & CHEWY OATMEAL-RAISIN COOKIES
If you prefer a less sweet cookie, you can reduce the granulated sugar to 3/4 cup, but you will lose some crispness. Do not over bake these cookies. The edges should be brown, but the rest of the cookie should be light in color.
Provided by BeckyGInAZ
Yield 18 Large Cookies, 18 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Adjust the oven racks to upper-middle and lower-middle positions and heat oven to 350 degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk the flour, salt, baking powder, and nutmeg together in a medium bowl; set aside.
- In a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugars at medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix until combined, about 30 seconds.
- Decrease the speed to low and slowly add the dry ingredients until combined, about 30 seconds. Mix in the oats and raisins until just incorporated.
- Divide the dough into 18 portions, each a generous 2 tablespoons, and roll them between your hands into balls about 2 inches in diameter. Place the dough balls on the prepared baking sheets, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake, switching and rotating the sheets halfway through the baking time, until the cookies turn golden brown around the edges, 22 to 25 minutes. Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for 2 minutes; using a wide metal spatula, transfer the cookies to a wire rack and cool to room temperature.
CHEWY OATMEAL-RAISIN COOKIES
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 1 dozen cookies
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine the oats, flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Beat the butter, sugar and molasses in a large bowl with a mixer on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla until smooth, about 2 more minutes. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixture and beat until combined. Stir in the raisins by hand. For the best flavor and texture, cover the dough and chill at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Position racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven; preheat to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Form the dough into 12 balls, about 2 tablespoonfuls each, and arrange 3 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Flatten with the back of a fork. Bake until the cookies are golden, 15 to 17 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer to racks to cool completely.
More about "big chewy oatmeal raisin cookies recipes"
OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES (SOFT & CHEWY) | RECIPETIN EATS
5/5 (77)Total Time 45 minsCategory CookieCalories 265 per serving
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F (160°C fan). Adjust oven racks to middle and low position, ensuring you have 4"/10cm between each rack. Line 2 trays with parchment/baking paper.
- Optional: Soak raisins in boiled water for 10 minutes. Drain then pat dry. (This makes them plumper).
- Cream butter and sugar: Using a stand mixer or electric mixer, beat butter until creamy. Then beat in sugar until fluffy - about 2 - 3 minutes.
CHEWY OATMEAL-RAISIN COOKIES - BIGOVEN.COM
BIG AND CHEWY OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES RECIPE - FLAVORITE
4.5/5 (12)Estimated Reading Time 1 minCategory Dessert
CHEWY OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES - BIGOVEN
4.8/5 (72)Category DessertsCuisine AmericanTotal Time 30 mins
BIG OL' SOFT N CHEWY OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES
Reviews 13Estimated Reading Time 1 minCategory Cookies
BIG CHEWY OATMEAL-RAISIN COOKIES | AMERICA'S TEST KITCHEN
Servings 16-20Category Desserts or Baked Goods, Cookies
GIANT OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES (CHEWY TOO) - BEST RECIPES EVAR
BIG AND CHEWY OATMEAL COOKIES - GOLDEN BARREL
BIG SOFT OATMEAL COOKIES - SUGAR SPUN RUN
Ratings 164Calories 200 per servingCategory Dessert
- Beat butter in the bowl of a stand mixer (or using an electric beater) for about 30 seconds. Add sugars and beat until light and fluffy (pause to scrape down sides and bottom of bowl, if needed).
SOFT & CHEWY OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES - SALLY'S BAKING …
4.8/5 (418)Category Dessert
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream the softened butter and both sugars together on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs and mix on high until combined, about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. Add the vanilla and molasses and mix on high until combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together. Add to the wet ingredients and mix on low until combined. Beat in the oats, raisins, and walnuts (if using) on low speed. Dough will be thick, yet very sticky. Chill the dough for 30-60 minutes in the refrigerator (do the full hour if you’re afraid of the cookies spreading too much). If chilling for longer (up to 2 days), allow to sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before rolling and baking.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Roll balls of dough (about 2 tablespoons of dough per cookie) and place 2 inches apart on the baking sheets. I recommend using a cookie scoop since the dough can be sticky. Bake for 12-14 minutes until lightly browned on the sides. The centers will look very soft and under-baked. Remove from the oven and let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. The cookies will continue to “set” on the baking sheet during this time.
THICK, SOFT AND CHEWY OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES | KITCHEN ...
Reviews 6Servings 14Cuisine AmericanCategory Dessert
- In a small bowl, soak raisins in the mixture of 1/2 cup warm water and 1 tablespoon rum until raisins become soft (about 10 minutes). Drain.
- Place butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, salt and nutmeg in a mixing bowl. Mix on low speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add flour, baking powder and rolled oats. Mix until just combined (do not overmix, or gluten will develop).
THIN CHEWY OATMEAL COOKIES - COOKIE MADNESS
Ratings 3Servings 24Cuisine AmericanCategory Dessert
- Stir together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a separate bowl. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir until blended. Stir in the oats, followed by the raisins.
- Using wet hands, shape the dough into equal (1 inch) rounds. Bake for 10-12 minutes (mine took 14) or until cookies are brown around the edges.
PIONEER WOMAN OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES || CHRISTMAS SPECIAL ...
Reviews 16Total Time 50 minsEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
CHEWY OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES - I WASH YOU DRY
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 35 minsCategory DessertCalories 160 per serving
BIG AND CHEWY OATMEAL COOKIES - REAL FOOD WITH JESSICA
5/5 (9)Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
BIG FAT & CHEWY OATMEAL COOKIES • MY EVIL TWIN'S KITCHEN
Reviews 20Estimated Reading Time 8 mins
OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES RECIPE - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
BIG CHEWY OATMEAL COOKIES RECIPES
KETO OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIE RECIPE | DEPORECIPE.CO
JUMBO OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
RECIPE: BIG CHEWY OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES (WITH VARIATIONS ...
RECIPE FOR CHEWY OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES
TOP 10 BEST OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES RECIPE PICKS FOR 2022 ...
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #hand-formed-cookies #desserts #lunch #american #oven #finger-food #holiday-event #kid-friendly #cookies-and-brownies #grains #dietary #gifts #christmas #low-sodium #brown-bag #low-in-something #pasta-rice-and-grains #to-go #equipment #number-of-servings #presentation
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make oatmeal cookies?Heat oven to 350°F (175 C). Beat butter until creamy. Add sugars and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs one at a time. Mix flour, salt, baking powder, and nutmeg together. Stir flour mixture into butter-sugar mixture. Stir in oats and optional raisins.
What are the ingredients in oatmeal raisin cookies?Oatmeal raisin cookies are made with very basic ingredients. Butter: Butter is the base of any delicious cookie recipe. Make sure it’s appropriately softened to room temperature. Brown Sugar + Granulated Sugar: Sugar is not only used for sweetness, but also for providing structure and tenderness.
What kind of cookies have raisins in them?Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (Soft & Chewy) If you love your oatmeal cookies soft and chewy, this is THE Oatmeal Raisin Cookie recipe for you! It’s crispy on the edges, moist and gorgeously chewy inside. It’s buttery, with the faintest waft of cinnamon and plump juicy raisins.
How to make oatmeal cookies in electric mixer?In bowl of electric mixer or by hand, beat butter until creamy. Add sugars; beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs one at a time. Mix flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg together, then mix them into butter-sugar mixture with. Mix in oats and optional raisins.