RESTAURANT STYLE MAC AND CHEESE
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Return drained pasta to the pot. Mix in processed cheese, Cheddar cheese, and cream. Stir until cheeses melt. Sprinkle with salt.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 376.4 calories, Carbohydrate 34 g, Cholesterol 58.6 mg, Fat 18.9 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 17.1 g, SaturatedFat 11.1 g, Sodium 622.8 mg, Sugar 3.8 g
BISTRO MAC & CHEESE
I like to serve this mac & cheese with a salad and crusty bread. It's a satisfying meal that feels upscale, but will fit just about any budget. And because the Gorgonzola is so mild in this dish, even the kiddos will go for it. -Charlotte Giltner, Mesa, Arizona
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, melt 3 tablespoons butter over low heat. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually whisk in milk and seasonings. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened., Reduce heat; stir in cheeses until melted. Stir in sour cream. Add macaroni; toss to coat. In a small skillet, heat remaining butter over medium heat. Add bread crumbs; cook and stir until golden brown. Sprinkle over top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 468 calories, Fat 22g fat (14g saturated fat), Cholesterol 68mg cholesterol, Sodium 649mg sodium, Carbohydrate 49g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 20g protein.
MACARONI AND CHEESE
Provided by Robert Irvine : Food Network
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Make a roux by melting the butter with the flour in a large pot over medium heat. Cook the roux until it resembles wet sand, about 5 minutes Add the milk and whisk constantly until smooth. Add the Cheddar, American cheese and cream cheese, and whisk to a creamy sauce consistency.
- Add the sauce to the macaroni and cook to desired consistency. Mix in the kosher salt and some white pepper.
EASY RESTAURANT-STYLE MACARONI AND CHEESE
This makes 2-3 servings but can easily be doubled, and is so simple to make! You can even mix the cottage cheese into the mac and cheese mixture if desired instead of topping it.
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 2-3 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until just firm-tender; drain but do not rinse.
- Place the cooked pasta in a large bowl.
- Add in the Velveeta, shredded old cheddar cheese and whipping cream (use more whipping cream if desired for a creamier texture) mix to combine, then season with salt to taste and pepper if using.
- Place in serving bowls, then top with desired amount of creamed cottage cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 757.3, Fat 38.9, SaturatedFat 24.5, Cholesterol 132.7, Sodium 1476.6, Carbohydrate 68.1, Fiber 2.5, Sugar 8.4, Protein 32.6
3-INGREDIENT MAC & CHEESE RECIPE BY TASTY
Nothing says comforting and classic like mac and cheese. Remember when you were a little kid and you sat down at the dinner table? There it was: a glorious pot of mac and cheese. Ooey, gooey, and oh-so-delightful. Well, we're taking you back there with our 3-ingredient mac-hack. That's right: only three ingredients to bliss. It's so good, you'll never go back to the boxed stuff!
Provided by Alvin Zhou
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 3
- In a large pot, bring the milk to a boil.
- Add the pasta and stir constantly until the pasta is cooked, about 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, then add the cheddar. Stir until the cheese is melted and the pasta is evenly coated.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 803 calories, Carbohydrate 100 grams, Fat 27 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 37 grams, Sugar 18 grams
"WORLD'S BEST" MACARONI & CHEESE
We tasted this in Seattle at the Pike Place Market in the Beecher's store. It is the best! I had to get their recipe and I found it on the internet; It is a very rich creamy comfort food. I do not have Beecher's cheese so I improvised with what is available and it came out as tasty as the original. Serve this with a crisp salad. Enjoy!
Provided by Sageca
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat oven to 350; F. Set a large pot of water on high heat.
- Meanwhile, begin the sauce by making a roux: in a medium saucepan melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour. Continue to stir this roux over medium heat for two to three minutes.
- The roux should be cooked and free of the flour flavor but still light in color.
- Gradually add milk, whisking briskly to maintain a smooth sauce.
- Cook the sauce for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid scorching.
- When sauce thickens, add cheeses, salt and spices to the sauce, and stir until all the cheese has melted. I make my sauces in the microwave; turns out great and never scorches.
- Somewhere during this sauce-cooking process, your pasta water has started boiling. The original is made with Penne noodles. Add a generous amount of salt to the water and cook the pasta until almost but not quite al dente (two minutes before the package directions indicate). You want barely undercooked pasta so that it can finish in the oven later. Halt the cooking by draining the pasta and rinsing with cold water. Return pasta to pot.
- Pour sauce over pasta and stir until completely incorporated. The combination should be fairly saucy, almost soupy.
- Dish the mixture into a buttered 9-13 pan and sprinkle with extra grated cheeses and cayenne. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes, until you have beautiful, browned edges. Those edges will be a welcome and flavorful addition to each serving.
- Let the dish sit for 5 to 10 minutes before serving. I divided this in 2 containers and froze one.
More about "bistro mac cheese recipes"
REAL STOVETOP MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
BISTRO MAC & CHEESE | RAMONADEB | COPY ME THAT
THE BEST HOMEMADE BAKED MAC AND CHEESE - MOM ON TIMEOUT
STOVETOP MAC AND CHEESE - DINNER AT THE ZOO
BEEF AND MACARONI | RICARDO
45+ HOMEMADE MAC AND CHEESE RECIPES - BEST MACARONI AND …
BEST HOMEMADE MAC AND CHEESE (VIDEO) - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
MAC AND CHEESE | RICARDO
COPYCAT MAC AND CHEESE RECIPES FROM YOUR FAVORITE …
15 BEST MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
OUR 10 BEST MAC AND CHEESE RECIPES - TASTE OF HOME
BEST SOUTHERN BAKED MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE - DELISH
BEST-EVER MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
CREAMY BAKED MAC AND CHEESE (CONTEST-WINNING!) - THE …
TAKE TWO! TACO MAC & CHEESE - MAIN ST BISTRO
BISTRO MAC & CHEESE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
BIG MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
MAIN ST BISTRO
BISTRO MAC AND CHEESE - BIGOVEN
THE BEST HOMEMADE MAC AND CHEESE - ONCE UPON A CHEF
BISTRO MAC & CHEESE RECIPE | COOKBOOK CREATE
BISTRO MAC & CHEESE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
ULTIMATE CREAMY BAKED MACARONI AND CHEESE - SEASONS AND …
LITERALLY THE BEST MAC AND CHEESE EVER - THE FOOD CHARLATAN
BAKED MAC AND CHEESE - RECIPETIN EATS
BISTRO MAC & CHEESE - BIGOVEN.COM
BISTRO MAC & CHEESE RECIPE - MASTERCOOK
BISTRO MAC & CHEESE RECIPE | TASTE OF HOME - MASTERCOOK
BISTRO MAC & CHEESE [VIDEO] | RECIPE [VIDEO] | RECIPES, FOOD, …
RESTAURANT MAC & CHEESE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
ULTIMATE 30 MINUTE MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE - MOM'S BISTRO
FAMED NEW ORLEANS RESTAURANT SHARES ITS MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE
72 BEST MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPES | MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE …
EASY HOMEMADE MAC AND CHEESE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
BAKED MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE - DAMN DELICIOUS
50+ BEST MAC AND CHEESE RECIPES - HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE …
BISTRO MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
RESTAURANT MAC & CHEESE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
BISTRO MAC & CHEESE | RECIPE | MAC AND CHEESE, PASTA DISHES, …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make Mac and cheese with cooked pasta?In a large bowl, combine cooked pasta and butter and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in 2 cups cheddar cheese. Add half of the macaroni mixture to prepared baking dish.
How do you make Mac and cheese with bread crumbs?Add the 1/2 pound layer of cheese slices. YES DO ALL OF IT. Pour the other half of the mac and cheese on top and spread. In a small bowl, melt 1/4 cup butter. Stir in the bread crumbs. Spread the mixture on top of the mac and cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350. The top should be turning golden brown and the mac and cheese should be bubbly.
How do you make macaroni and cheese with Colby cheese?In a large bowl, combine cooked pasta and butter and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in 2 cups cheddar cheese. Add half of the macaroni mixture to prepared baking dish. Sprinkle Colby-cheddar cheese blend over pasta mixture, then top with another layer of pasta (similar to making a lasagna).
What is a stovetop Mac and cheese?This stovetop mac and cheese is a one pot dish of tender macaroni simmered in an ultra creamy sauce with two types of cheese. The best macaroni and cheese recipe of all time!