BLACK BEAN-CHICKEN QUESADILLAS
My husband loves these quesadillas! You can easily modify the recipe by using different meats and cheeses. -Christy Bounds, Canton, Mississippi
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large skillet, combine the beans, tomatoes, chicken and onion powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until thickened., In a small bowl, combine the cheeses. Sprinkle half of the cheese mixture over four tortillas. Layer with chicken mixture and remaining cheese mixture. Top with remaining tortillas., In a large skillet over medium heat, cook quesadillas in 1 tablespoon oil for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted, using additional oil as needed. Cut into wedges. Serve with sour cream, salsa and guacamole if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 638 calories, Fat 22g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 66mg cholesterol, Sodium 1466mg sodium, Carbohydrate 73g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 7g fiber), Protein 35g protein.
BLACK BEAN AND CHICKEN QUESADILLAS
This is a recipe that my mom and I came up with. My hubby loves it and requests it often. For a quick version, try buying a pre-cooked box of seasoned fajita chicken instead of cooking your own. You can also buy black bean dip in a pinch.
Provided by Melissa_8201
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Saute chicken and onion over med-high heat until chicken is no longer pink and onions are transparent.
- In food processor or blender, combine black beans, salsa, and taco seasoning and blend until creamy.
- Distribute beans evenly between 5 tortillas and spread to about 1/4 inch of the edge.
- Distribute cooked chicken and onion over beans, and sprinkle with cheese.
- Top with the other tortillas and cook quesadillas over med-high heat until golden brown, flipping once.
- You can use vegetable oil or cooking spray when cooking quesadillas.
- While cooking quesadillas, mix sour cream with chili powder and taco seasoning to taste.
- This makes a killer sour cream dip for the quesadillas.
- Serve hot with sour cream dip, guacamole, and salsa.
CHEESY CHICKEN AND BEAN QUESADILLAS
- In medium bowl, mix chicken, bell pepper, green onions, beans and rice. Top half of each tortilla with 1/2 cup chicken mixture and 1/2 cup of the cheese. Fold other half of each tortilla over filling, press down slightly. Spray top halves of tortillas with cooking spray.
- Heat 12-inch skillet over medium-low heat. Place 2 filled tortillas at a time, sprayed sides down, in skillet. Cook 4 to 5 minutes, turning once, until golden brown and hot. Cut into wedges. Serve with salsa and sour cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 480, Carbohydrate 39 g, Cholesterol 75 mg, Fat 3, Fiber 5 g, Protein 28 g, SaturatedFat 12 g, ServingSize 1 Quesadilla, Sodium 970 mg, Sugar 3 g, TransFat 1 1/2 g
BLACK BEAN & CHICKEN "QUESADILLAS"
No tortillas? No problem! These Black Bean & Chicken Quesadillas are made with wheat crackers and topped with salsa and sour cream.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 15 servings, 2 "quesadillas" each
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Place beans in medium bowl; mash lightly with fork. Stir in chicken, cheese and 2 Tbsp. salsa.
- Place 30 crackers in single layer on foil-covered baking sheet. Top each cracker with 1 tsp. chicken mixture and second cracker.
- Bake 4 to 5 min. or until cheese begins to melt. Top with remaining salsa and sour cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 70, Fat 3 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Sodium 135 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 3 g
BLACK BEAN AND CORN QUESADILLAS
My vegetarian husband goes crazy over these every time! They are really cheesy, a little bit spicy, and a little bit sweet. Feel free to play around and add chicken or veggies, if you desire. Don't forget the salsa and sour cream!
Provided by EFasse
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in onion, and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in beans and corn, then add sugar, salsa, and pepper flakes; mix well. Cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Melt 2 teaspoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Place a tortilla in the skillet, sprinkle evenly with cheese, then top with some of the bean mixture. Place another tortilla on top, cook until golden, then flip and cook on the other side. Melt more butter as needed, and repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 363 calories, Carbohydrate 45.6 g, Cholesterol 26.5 mg, Fat 14.5 g, Fiber 6.3 g, Protein 13.9 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, Sodium 732.5 mg, Sugar 3.2 g
CHEESY BLACK BEAN QUESADILLAS
"These savory bean and vegetable quesadillas are great for those who love Mexican flavors but can't handle too much heat," Cherylyn Radford explains from Fox Creek, Alberta. "I like to serve slices with salsa and fat-free sour cream."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 5 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the yellow pepper, onion and garlic in oil for 2 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and corn; cook 2 minutes longer. Add the black beans, pepper and salt. Cook until vegetables are tender; drain., Spritz one side of each tortilla with cooking spray; place plain side up on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Spoon bean mixture onto half of each tortilla; sprinkle with cheese. Fold tortilla over filling. , Bake at 400° for 6 minutes. Carefully turn over; bake 4-7 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 381 calories, Fat 12g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 16mg cholesterol, Sodium 820mg sodium, Carbohydrate 53g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
CHICKEN, BLACK BEAN & CORN GRILLED QUESADILLAS
Now, leftovers ... wondering what to do with a chicken breast or a little rotisserie chicken left over. Take frozen corn, a can of beans, a little fresh ingredients and packaged cheese and WOW. Now I like to roast fresh corn, but frozen corn is just fine for this if time is a problem. Grill inside or outside and top with some fresh tomato, maybe some sour cream or avocado and serve over some quick Mexican rice and a bed of lettuce and dinner for 4. I make these a lot utilizing leftovers and it makes an amazing quick dinner. You can make these completely vegetarian, or use up ham, shrimp, chicken, steak, any veggies in your fridge. Then have fun with the toppings ... Salsa, mango, avocado, sour cream, guacamole, a nice bed of shredded lettuce or even some good Mexican rice.
Provided by SarasotaCook
Yield 4-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Filling -- In a large saute pan, add the garlic, jalapeno and cook 2 minutes, then add the beans, corn, chicken, cilantro, cumin, chili powder and mix well and heat up. That is it.
- Stuff the Quesadilla -- Top one side of the quesadilla with the filling, top with cheese and fold in half (to form a half circle).
- Grill -- This can be done on a inside grill pan or outside grill, saute pan, or a 400 degree oven. Just make sure to brush the quesadilla with some oil oil to get a nice crispy golden brown quesadilla. Just a couple of minutes per side is all it takes on the grill or grill pan. Just make sure the cheese melts and the quesadilla gets golden brown. Medium heat is all you need. Each grill inside or out or saute pan is different so just cook until golden brown is all.
- Serve -- Cut the quesadilla in 2-3 slices. I just use a pizza cutter or a knife works fine. For me -- I serve over a bed of lettuce or Mexican rice, then add maybe some sour cream, salsa and always avocado slices (just my favorite). Use your favorite toppings. Fresh diced tomatoes or black olives are also very good. ENJOY!
More about "black bean and chicken quesadillas recipes"
CHICKEN-BLACK BEAN QUESADILLAS RECIPE - ANNIE WAYTE
Servings 4Total Time 30 mins
- In a saucepan, heat 1/2 tablespoon of the oil. Add the onion, garlic, cumin and a pinch of cayenne pepper and cook over moderate heat, stirring for 5 minutes. Add the beans and 1/3 cup of water; simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in 1/4 cup of cilantro.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse the mango, scallion, lime juice and the remaining 1/4 cup of cilantro until finely chopped. Season the salsa with salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of canola oil in each of 2 large skillets. Top the tortillas with the beans, chicken, feta and mozzarella and fold in half. Add 2 quesadillas to each skillet and cook over moderate heat, turning until golden and the cheese is melted, 5 minutes. Transfer to plates and serve with the mango salsa.
CHICKEN & BLACK BEAN QUESADILLAS - PACE FOODS
4.2/5 (6)Total Time 25 minsServings 4Calories 372 per serving
BARBECUE CHICKEN AND BLACK BEAN QUESADILLAS
QUICK & EASY BLACK BEAN, CHEESE & CHICKEN QUESADILLA
CHICKEN & BLACK BEAN QUESADILLAS - SPICEOLOGY
CILANTRO LIME CHICKEN AND BLACK BEAN QUESADILLA RECIPES
BLACK BEAN AND CHICKEN QUESADILLAS | FAREWAY
CHICKEN QUESADILLAS | EASY WEEKNIGHT RECIPES
CHICKEN AND BLACK BEAN QUESADILLAS - DISHES WITH DAD
CHICKEN AND BLACK BEAN QUESADILLAS RECIPE
CHICKEN-AND-BLACK BEAN QUESADILLAS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
THE GOOD DISH CHICKEN-BLACK BEAN QUESADILLA STACKER RECIPE
CHICKEN AND BLACK BEAN QUESADILLAS - THE FINER THINGS IN LIFE
BLACK BEAN-CHICKEN QUESADILLAS RECIPE
CHICKEN BLACK BEAN QUESADILLA / THE GRATEFUL GIRL COOKS!
BLACK BEAN QUESADILLAS - THE SALTY MARSHMALLOW
HEARTY BLACK BEAN QUESADILLAS - QUICK & EASY - BUDGET …
RECIPE: PERFECT CHICKEN AND BEAN QUESADILLA - BEST CUISINE RECIPES
CHICKEN QUESADILLA WITH BLACK BEANS AND CORN RECIPE
BLACK BEAN QUESADILLA - SPICE CRAVINGS
BLACK BEAN AND CHICKEN QUESADILLA – ANGELIC BAKEHOUSE
CHICKEN AND BLACK BEAN QUESADILLAS - FRANCOISE'S KITCHEN
HEARTY QUICK AND EASY BLACK BEAN QUESADILLAS
CHICKEN AND BLACK BEAN QUESADILLAS - MEATLOAF AND MELODRAMA
HEALTHY CHICKEN QUESADILLAS - SLENDER KITCHEN
BLACK BEAN AND CHICKEN QUESADILLA - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
EASY CHICKEN AND BLACK BEAN QUESADILLAS [RECIPE]
BLACK BEAN CHICKEN QUESADILLAS RECIPE
CHICKEN AND BLACK BEAN QUESADILLA - HUG FOR YOUR BELLY
SHREDDED CHICKEN & BLACK BEAN QUESADILLAS - BITES BY LOIS
BLACK BEAN AND CHICKEN QUESADILLAS - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
EASY CHICKEN AND BLACK BEAN QUESADILLAS - A DAY IN MOTHERHOOD
CHICKEN AND BLACK BEAN QUESADILLAS - DELICIOUSLY ORGANIC
CHICKEN AND BLACK BEAN QUESADILLAS || THM KIDS - MY TABLE OF THREE
SIMPLE SHEET PAN CHICKEN AND BLACK BEAN QUESADILLA - KIM SCHOB
CHICKEN AND BEAN QUESADILLAS - OLE MEXICAN FOODS
BLACK BEAN AND VEGGIE QUESADILLAS | MY CURATED TASTES
SMOKY BLACK BEAN CHICKEN QUESADILLAS - MEXICAN APPETIZERS AND …
CHEESY CHICKEN & BLACK BEAN QUESADILLA - TRIED AND TASTY
BLACK BEAN CHICKEN QUESADILLA | MEXICAN FOOD RECIPE | RANDALL …
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #main-dish #beans #poultry #mexican #easy #beginner-cook #kid-friendly #chicken #dietary #one-dish-meal #comfort-food #inexpensive #meat #chicken-breasts #taste-mood
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook black bean quesadillas?To cook the black bean quesadillas, place the quesadilla in a skillet over medium heat and cook on both sides until golden brown, crispy, and the filling has melted. I don’t use any sort of oil or butter, but you certainly can if you want more of a fried finish to the quesadillas.
How to make Mexican quesadilla?Easy recipe for how to make Mexican quesadilla made with chicken, black beans, corn, cheddar cheese and Monterey jack. Folded and cooked on a skillet or griddle. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, pepper, tomato and jalapeño. Sauté, stirring often until tender, about 6-8 minutes.
What is in a black bean quesadilla?These super tasty Black Bean Quesadillas have been a runaway Budget Bytes hit since they were first posted in 2012. The spicy mix of cheese, beans, corn, cilantro, and onion makes and incredibly flavorful quesadilla that’s perfect for dipping in some cool sour cream or salsa.
How do you cook beans and cheese for burritos?In a large skillet, combine the beans, tomatoes, chicken and onion powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until thickened. In a small bowl, combine the cheeses. Sprinkle half of the cheese mixture over four tortillas.