QUINOA & BLACK BEAN STUFFED PEPPERS
If you're thinking about a meatless meal, give these no-fuss peppers a try. They come together with just a few ingredients and put a tasty spin on a low-fat dinner! -Cindy Reams, Philipsburg, PA
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until water is absorbed, 10-12 minutes., Meanwhile, cut and discard tops from peppers; remove seeds. Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish, cut side down. Microwave, uncovered, on high until crisp-tender, 3-4 minutes. Turn peppers cut side up., Reserve 1/3 cup salsa; add remaining salsa to quinoa. Stir in beans, ricotta cheese and 1/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese. Spoon mixture into peppers; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, until filling is heated through, 10-15 minutes. Top with reserved salsa.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 393 calories, Fat 8g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 20mg cholesterol, Sodium 774mg sodium, Carbohydrate 59g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 10g fiber), Protein 18g protein.
BLACK BEAN, MUSHROOM & QUINOA STUFFED BELL PEPPERS
- In a saucepan over medium heat, sauté the onions in olive oil for 3 to 5 minutes, until onions are translucent.
- Add garlic and mushrooms; sauté about 5 minutes, until the mushrooms have released their moisture.
- Stir in the chili powder and salt.
- Add the quinoa and 1 cup of the tomato sauce (reserve the rest) and the water; lower the heat and cover, and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350º F.
- To prepare the peppers, boil a pot of water. Cut the tops off the pepper and remove the seeds and ribs.
- Boil the peppers for 5 minutes, and then drain them.
- When quinoa is finished simmering, combine the beans and maple syrup with the cooked quinoa mixture.
- Stuff each pepper with the filling, and stand them upright in a baking dish. Pour the remaining tomato sauce over the peppers, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven; garnish with cilantro, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 359.4, Fat 6.4, SaturatedFat 0.9, Sodium 1174, Carbohydrate 64.5, Fiber 16.8, Sugar 14.3, Protein 16.9
More about "black bean mushroom quinoa stuffed bell peppers recipes"
QUINOA AND BLACK BEAN STUFFED BELL PEPPERS - YAY! FOR FOOD
4.6/5 (5)Total Time 1 hrCategory DinnerCalories 471 per serving
- In a large bowl, mix together the cooked quinoa, black beans, chopped bell pepper tops, cheese, pasta sauce, cilantro, salt, and pepper.
- Pack each bell pepper with the filling. Place beside one another in the baking dish, cover with aluminum foil, and bake for 25-30 minutes, until peppers are tender.
BLACK BEAN, MUSHROOM, AND QUINOA-STUFFED PEPPERS RECIPE
5/5 (13)Calories 373 per servingServings 4
MEXICAN QUINOA STUFFED PEPPERS | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
BLACK BEAN AND QUINOA STUFFED PEPPERS - FARM GIRL FRESH
QUINOA BLACK BEAN STUFFED PEPPERS - TNT HEALTHY RECIPES
QUINOA STUFFED PEPPERS (EASY + VEGAN) - THE SIMPLE …
QUINOA STUFFED BELL PEPPERS - GOOD LIFE EATS
BLACK BEAN, MUSHROOM AND QUINOA STUFFED BELL PEPPERS RECIPE
BLACK BEAN AND QUINOA STUFFED BELL PEPPERS
BLACK BEAN MUSHROOM QUINOA STUFFED BELL PEPPERS RECIPE
BLACK BEAN AND CILANTRO LIME QUINOA STUFFED PEPPERS
BLACK BEAN, SWEET POTATO, & QUINOA STUFFED BELL PEPPERS
BLACK BEAN & QUINOA STUFFED BELL PEPPERS | VEGAN
QUINOA BLACK BEAN CROCKPOT STUFFED PEPPERS RECIPE
QUINOA AND BLACK BEAN-STUFFED PEPPERS - EDWINA CLARK
VEGAN STUFFED PEPPERS WITH BLACK BEANS, MUSHROOMS, AND …
MEXICAN STUFFED PEPPERS WITH QUINOA & BLACK BEANS (A DELICIOUS …
SLOW COOKER QUINOA AND BLACK BEAN STUFFED BELL PEPPERS
SPICY VEGETARIAN QUINOA STUFFED BELL PEPPERS - KROLL'S KORNER
VEGETARIAN STUFFED PEPPERS - WITH QUINOA, VEGAN OPTION!
BLACK BEAN AND QUINOA STUFFED PEPPERS - TINY RED KITCHEN
BLACK BEAN, MUSHROOM, AND QUINOA-STUFFED PEPPERS - BLOGGER
STUFFED PEPPERS WITH QUINOA AND BLACK BEANS - HINT OF HEALTHY
BELL PEPPERS STUFFED WITH QUINOA, BLACK BEANS AND CORN RECIPE ...
QUINOA STUFFED BLACK BEAN & CORN BELL PEPPERS
BLACK BEAN AND QUINOA STUFFED PEPPERS - SARCASTIC COOKING
BLACK BEAN QUINOA STUFFED PEPPERS - PROGRESSIVE NUTRITIONAL
QUINOA AND MUSHROOM STUFFED PEPPERS - VEGETARIAN & HEALTHY
BLACK BEAN AND QUINOA SALAD STUFFED PEPPER RECIPE
QUINOA STUFFED BELL PEPPERS - DAMN DELICIOUS
QUINOA, BLACK BEAN AND TURKEY STUFFED PEPPERS
RECIPE: QUINOA AND BLACK BEAN STUFFED BELL PEPPERS - MOMS
CHILI STUFFED PEPPERS WITH BLACK BEANS AND MUSHROOMS
QUINOA BLACK BEAN STUFFED PEPPERS - TASTY TREAT PANTRY
QUINOA STUFFED PEPPERS - A PINCH OF HEALTHY
QUINOA AND BLACK BEAN STUFFED BELL PEPPERS
QUINOA AND BEAN STUFFED BELL PEPPERS - CASS CLAY COOKING
QUINOA AND BLACK BEAN STUFFED PEPPERS RECIPE
SLOW COOKER STUFFED BELL PEPPERS WITH QUINOA & BLACK BEANS
RECIPE QUINOA AND BLACK BEAN STUFFED PEPPERS - JOY BAUER
BLACK BEAN, MUSHROOM & QUINOA STUFFED BELL PEPPERS RECIPE
STUFFED PEPPERS WITH BLACK BEANS AND QUINOA
QUINOA & VEGETABLE STUFFED MUSHROOMS | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
MEXICAN BLACK BEAN & QUINOA STUFFED PEPPERS RECIPE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook peppers with quinoa and black beans?Fill the peppers with the quinoa and black bean mixture. Sprinkle a tablespoon of cheddar cheese over pepper half. Return the peppers to the baking tray, and cook for another 5 minutes until the cheese begins to bubble. Remove the baking tray from the oven, and serve warm.
How do you make quinoa tacos in the oven?Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine quinoa, green chiles, corn, beans, tomatoes, cheeses, cilantro, cumin, garlic, onion and chili powder, salt and pepper, to taste. Spoon the filling into each bell pepper cavity.
What is in the quinoa bell peppers at Taco Bell?The filling is so delicious on its own – loaded with quinoa cooked in vegetable stock, smoky spices, black beans and corn – but it becomes even more delectable once its stuffed into sweet bell peppers and roasted to perfection. Swoon! I think you guys are going to LOVE these peppers! They’re: SO easy to make Super flavorful Hearty Filling Healthy
What are slow cooker stuffed bell peppers?Slow cooker stuffed bell peppers are loaded with all kinds of delicious things like quinoa, black beans, corn, peppers, onions, cheese, and more. If you aren’t into quinoa or don’t know what it is you can easily sub in cooked rice instead.