CUBAN BLACK BEANS WITH CILANTRO AND LIME
A quick and easy version of the Cuban Black beans! I'm sautéing up jalapeños, onions, and garlic and then simmering the beans until they are tender and topping them with cilantro and lime! So, so delicious!
Provided by Marzia
Categories 30 Minute Meals
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat the oil in a stockpot or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Sauté the onions and jalapeños for 4-5 minutes or until they turn translucent. Add the garlic and continue to cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the black beans, warm water, salt, cumin, and chili powder and bring to a boil. When boiling, reduce the heat so that it simmers. Allow to cook for 10-15 minutes or until most of the water evaporates leaving a thick sort of broth. At this point, if you'd like to thicken the beans a bit more you can remove about ½ - 1 cup of beans and mash them (using a potato masher or a wooden spoon) to make a thick sort of paste but this is optional. Add the beans back into the pot and stir. Top with fresh cilantro and lime juice stir to combine.
BLACK BEANS WITH LIME
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium. Add white part of scallions, and season with salt and pepper. Cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add beans, chili powder, and 1/4 cup water. Cook until warmed through, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in lime juice; season with salt and pepper. Serve garnished with green part of scallions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 157 g, Fat 3 g, Fiber 9 g, Protein 9 g
LIME CUMIN BLACK BEANS
This can be a main meal over rice or a unique side dish. Canned beans may be used but are not as good as cooked dried beans in my opinion. A bit of hot pepper may be used to add some spice to the dish. Prep time does not include time to cook the beans.
Provided by Tebo3759
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Add onion, garlic and cumin, cook 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add beans, salt and pepper and cook 5 minutes until hot.
- Stir in cilantro, rind and lime juice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 200.5, Fat 3.2, SaturatedFat 0.5, Sodium 5.3, Carbohydrate 33.5, Fiber 7.8, Sugar 2, Protein 10.9
COCONUT LIME BLACK BEANS
- Soak the beans overnight in cold water to cover.
- Drain the beans and transfer them to a large saucepan. Cover with 3 cups cold water, the coconut water and 2 teaspoons salt, set over medium heat and bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes, then turn the heat down to low, cover and cook until tender; depending upon the age of the beans, this will take between 30 and 45 minutes (older beans take longer).
- When tender, add the coconut oil and lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Pour into a serving dish and garnish with the green onions.
BLACK BEANS WITH LIME AND SCALLIONS
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium. Add white parts of scallions, and season with salt and pepper. Cook until softened, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes.
- Add beans, chili powder, and the water. Cook until warmed through, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in lime juice; season with more salt and pepper. Serve immediately, garnished with scallion greens.
- nutrition information
- (Per Serving)
- Calories: 157
- Fat: 2.9g (0.5g Saturated Fat)
- Protein: 9.1g
- Carbohydrates: 24.8g
- Fiber: 9.1g
BLACK BEAN SOUP WITH LIME
- In a 5-quart kettle simmer ham hock in 3 quarts water, covered, 1 hour. Add beans, onion, and bay leaf and simmer, uncovered, 1 hour, or until beans are just tender. Stir in tomatoes with juice, salt, and remaining cup water and simmer soup 45 minutes, or until beans are tender. Soup may be made 1 day ahead, cooled completely, and chilled, covered.
- Remove ham hock and reserve for another use. Discard bay leaf and stir in lime juice to taste. Divide soup among 8 bowls and garnish with lime slices.
BLACK BEAN SPREAD / DIP WITH LIME AND CILANTRO
I make this frequently in the summertime. I make a fresh salsa in my food processor, give it a quick rinse and whip this up right after. The two dips are great together and make easy work for a bbq. I use this with everything from my Southwest Turkey Burgers (recipe posted) to a spread on tortillas with eggs in the morning. I just love that it's virtually fat-free but tastes great.
Provided by hepcat1
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place all ingredients in food processor and process until smooth.
- Serve with tortilla chips or anything else you can think of!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 101.2, Fat 2.4, SaturatedFat 0.4, Sodium 117.5, Carbohydrate 15.1, Fiber 5.4, Sugar 0.1, Protein 5.5
BLACK BEAN SALAD WITH AVOCADO-LIME DRESSING
- Beat avocado, cilantro, and lime juice together in a large bowl until smooth.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Toast pumpkin seeds in skillet until lightly browned and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Stir pumpkin seeds, romaine lettuce, black beans, grape tomatoes, corn kernels, and red bell pepper into the dressing to coat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 398 calories, Carbohydrate 50 g, Fat 16.1 g, Fiber 17.1 g, Protein 19.3 g, SaturatedFat 2.7 g, Sodium 47.7 mg, Sugar 3.3 g
BLACK BEAN SALAD WITH LIME-CILANTRO VINAIGRETTE
A light & refreshing summer salad - takes a little time to get everything chopped, but it's definitely worth it in the end.
Provided by accidental glutton
Categories Black Beans
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Combine all ingredients, except avocados, in a large bowl and mix well. Toss with desired amount of dressing.
- Cover and chill for a few hours or overnight. Right before serving, add avocados and mix gently, being careful not to mash avocados.
- Serve at room temperature.
More about "black beans with lime recipes"
BLACK BEANS AND TOMATOES WITH LIME - DIABETES FOOD …
6/10 (1)Calories 140 per servingServings 4
BLACK BEANS WITH LIME RECIPE | JAMES BEARD FOUNDATION
14 BLACK BEAN RECIPES THAT USE CANNED BLACK BEANS
LIME INFUSED REFRIED BLACK BEANS - YOUR ALLERGY CHEFS
BLACK BEAN AND CORN SALAD WITH LIME JUICE - FOX VALLEY FOODIE
BLACK BEAN LENTIL SALAD WITH CUMIN-LIME DRESSING
CRISPY BLACK BEAN TACOS WITH AVOCADO-LIME SAUCE
BLACK BEAN PATTIES WITH CILANTRO AND LIME - DIABETES FOOD HUB
HOW TO COOK BLACK BEANS RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
BLACK BEAN RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
56 RECIPES THAT START WITH A CAN OF BLACK BEANS
(30 MINUTE) BLACK BEAN AND LIME SOUP - DELICIOUS LITTLE BITES
16 BEST BLACK BEANS RECIPES | RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY …
CILANTRO LIME RICE AND BLACK BEANS | COOKTORIA
BLACK BEAN SOUP WITH LIME POPCORN | CHATELAINE
ZING FOR YOUR SUPPER: YOTAM OTTOLENGHI’S LIME RECIPES
BLACK BEAN PATTIES WITH CILANTRO AND LIME RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CILANTRO-LIME AND BLACK BEAN SHRIMP AND RICE SKILLET
LIME BLACK BEANS AND RICE | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
30 MINUTE BLACK BEANS AND LIME RICE - WHERE YOU GET …
ZESTY LIME MARINATED BLACK BEAN BOWL – PLANT BASED RD
25 BEST BLACK BEAN RECIPES – A COUPLE COOKS
BLACK BEANS AND COCONUT-LIME RICE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
COWBOY BEAN SALAD WITH LIME DRESSING | RECIPETIN EATS
27 BLACK BEAN RECIPES FOR BREAKFAST, LUNCH, AND DINNER
BLACK BEAN SPREAD WITH LIME AND CILANTRO RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BLACK BEANS AND RICE RECIPE - DINNER AT THE ZOO
BLACK BEAN SALAD WITH CORN, AVOCADO & LIME VINAIGRETTE
RICE AND BLACK BEANS WITH CILANTRO AND LIME - FOR THE LOVE OF …
REFRIED BLACK BEANS WITH GARLIC AND LIME | FAKE FOOD FREE
10 BEST CILANTRO LIME RICE WITH BLACK BEANS RECIPES - YUMMLY
BLACK BEAN SOUP WITH LIME CREAM | HEALTHY RECIPES | WW CANADA
BLACK BEAN AND CORN SALAD WITH LIME
ROASTED SWEET POTATO, BLACK BEAN AND LIME RICE BOWLS
BLACK BEAN SALAD WITH LIME DRESSING RECIPE - MAKEBETTERFOOD.COM
LIME-SPIKED BLACK BEAN DIP - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
HOW TO COOK BLACK BEANS (FROM SCRATCH!) - COOKIE AND KATE
BLACK-BEAN TACOS WITH LIME AND SOUR CREAM RECIPE
15-MINUTE CILANTRO LIME BLACK BEANS - A SIMPLIFIED LIFE
You'll also love