BLACK BEAN CHILI SOUP
We had a big winter storm come through which meant no quick trips to the grocery store. I have had to plan my meals around a pantry and refrigerator clean out. My plan was to make chili for dinner however; I realized that I had some beef stock in the refrigerator that needed to be used up...not wanting it to go to waste, my chili soon became a very tasty soup. I hope you all enjoy.
Provided by Chef Buggsy Mate
Categories Black Beans
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Combine ground beef, onion and can of jalapeno salsa in a stock pot and cook on medium heat until beef is lightly browned.
- Stir in garlic.
- Add cans of black beans, beef stock, tomato sauce, jarred jalapeno pepper slices, olives, ground cumin, chipotle powder and cayenne chili powder and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Top soup with shredded cheese, sour cream and chopped cilantro if desired.
BLACK BEAN CHILLI
This chilli is great for casual entertaining - just lay everything out and let people add their own toppings
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil and fry the garlic and onions for 5 mins until almost softened. Add the pimenton and cumin, cook for a few mins, then add the vinegar, sugar, tomatoes and some seasoning. Cook for 10 mins.
- Pour in the beans and cook for another 10 mins. Serve with rice and the accompaniments of your choice in small bowls.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 339 calories, Fat 10 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 50 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 20 grams sugar, Fiber 8 grams fiber, Protein 17 grams protein, Sodium 1.45 milligram of sodium
HEARTY BLACK BEAN SOUP
Cumin and chili powder give spark to this thick and hearty soup. If you have leftover meat-smoked sausage, browned ground beef or roast-toss it in during the last 30 minutes of cooking. -Amy Chop, Oak Grove, Louisiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 12 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 9-11 hours or until vegetables are tender. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 129 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 627mg sodium, Carbohydrate 24g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
CHILI'S BLACK BEAN SOUP
This recipe is in response to Debbie Thorn's request for a black bean soup in the recipes requested forum. The recipe was originally published in the VJJE recipe weekly archives in 2001.
Provided by James Craig
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a medium stock pot, place the olive oil, onion, carrot and bell pepper and saute the vegetables till they are tender.
- Bring 1 cup of water to boil, add the bouillon cubes, and allow to dissolve.
- Add the bouillon, cooked beans, and remaining ingredients (except cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water) to sauteed vegetables.
- Bring mixture to a simmer and cook approximately 15 minutes.
- In a blender, puree 1 quart of the soup, and put back into the pot.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water.
- Add the cornstarch mix to the soup and bring to a boil for 1 minute.
- Serve with cornbread, white rice, or your favorite side dish.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 765.1, Fat 34.2, SaturatedFat 9.2, Cholesterol 41.3, Sodium 4164.8, Carbohydrate 73.4, Fiber 26, Sugar 6.3, Protein 36.3
FANTASTIC BLACK BEAN CHILI
I never knew what I was missing until my mother-in-law made this! Everyone begged her for the recipe. A nice and easy way to feed a crowd. Thanks to my mother-in-law this has become a favorite dish! Can be frozen very well and doubled for a larger crowd. Top with your favorite shredded cheese.
Provided by Rebecca Slone
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat the oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat; cook onion and garlic until onions are translucent. Add turkey and cook, stirring, until meat is brown. Stir in beans, tomatoes, chili powder, oregano, basil and vinegar. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 60 minutes or more, until flavors are well blended.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 365.6 calories, Carbohydrate 44.1 g, Cholesterol 55.8 mg, Fat 9.2 g, Fiber 17.5 g, Protein 29.6 g, SaturatedFat 2.1 g, Sodium 969.2 mg, Sugar 1 g
MEXICAN BLACK BEAN CHILI
- Boil the black beans in water with onions, 1/2 cup green peppers, chipotle peppers, salt and pepper. Add additional water if needed. Cook beans until slightly tender, then add the 1/4 cup green pepper and remaining ingredients and simmer approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour. Add water as necessary for consistency.
BLACK BEAN SOUP WITH CUMIN AND JALAPEñO
Black Bean Soup with Cumin and Jalapeño. Jennifer Smith of Tyler, Texas, writes: "Now that I'm a stay-at-home mom, I cook more than I used to.
Provided by Jennifer Smith
Yield Makes 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrot, and garlic; sauté until vegetables begin to soften, about 6 minutes. Mix in cumin and 1 teaspoon jalapeño. Add beans, tomatoes with juice, and broth; bring soup to boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook until carrots are tender, about 15 minutes. Transfer 3 cups of soup to blender and puree until smooth. Return puree to pot. Simmer soup until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and remaining 1 teaspoon jalapeño, if desired.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Pass cilantro, green onions, and feta cheese separately.
More about "blackbeanchilisoup recipes"
CHILI-LIME BLACK BEAN SOUP | RECIPES | WW USA
Cuisine Mexican,Tex-MexCategory Appetizers,SnacksServings 6Total Time 39 mins
20 MINUTE BLACK BEAN SOUP | THE RECIPE CRITIC
5/5 (8)Calories 64 per servingCategory Dinner, Main Course, Soup
BEEF AND BLACK BEAN CHILI | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
5/5 (80)Calories 236 per serving
BLACK BEAN-AND-CHILE SOUP - COUNTRY LIVING
Cuisine AmericanCategory Dinner Party, Dinner, Main Dish, SoupServings 4-6Total Time 8 hrs 20 mins
WEEKNIGHT BLACK BEAN CHILI RECIPE - ADD A PINCH - READY IN ...
Ratings 26Calories 250 per servingCategory Main Course
THE BEST BLACK BEAN CHILI! - GIMME SOME OVEN
4.9/5 (39)Estimated Reading Time 5 minsServings 6-8Total Time 50 mins
- Add black beans (no need to pre-soak), onion, garlic, 6 cups stock, salsa verde, diced tomatoes, roasted red peppers, cumin, chili powder, and a pinch of salt and pepper to the bowl of your Instant Pot. Stir to combine.
- Add black beans (no need to pre-soak), onion, garlic, 6 cups stock, salsa verde, diced tomatoes, roasted red peppers, cumin, chili powder, and a pinch of salt and pepper to the bowl of your slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil (extra ingredient for stovetop version) in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until translucent. Add garlic and sauté for 1-2 more minutes, stirring occasionally, until fragrant.
SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
Ratings 5Calories 99 per servingCategory Main Course, Soup
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven to medium heat. Add the peppers, onion, celery and carrot. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring a bit, or until the vegetables soften up.
- Add the garlic, chili powder, cayenne, paprika, oregano, cumin, red pepper flakes and a bit of salt and pepper. Stir and cook 30 seconds, until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add the black beans and chicken (or vegetable) stock and stir. Bring to a quick boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes. You can simmer longer to develop more flavor if you'd like.
- Optional, for a Creamier Soup: Transfer about half of the soup to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Add back to the soup. You can also use an immersion blender for this. Use caution handling hot soup.
GROUND BEEF AND BLACK BEAN CHILI RECIPE
3.9/5 (23)Total Time 2 hrsCategory Dinner, Entree, LunchCalories 449 per serving
CHIPOTLE BLACK BEAN SOUP RECIPE - INSANELY GOOD
4.7/5 (3)Total Time 2 hrs 10 minsCategory Recipes, SoupCalories 236 per serving
SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
4.9/5 (458)Calories 342 per servingCategory Soup
WEEKNIGHT BLACK BEAN CHILI - FAST & EASY - BUDGET BYTES
4.8/5 (71)Total Time 35 minsServings 1Calories 415 per serving
BLACK BEAN, CORN AND TURKEY CHILI - SWANSON
4.3/5 (42)Total Time 55 minsServings 6Calories 279 per serving
BLACK BEAN AND CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
CHICKEN BLACK BEAN SOUP ARCHIVES - CHILI CHILI
MORE USEFUL INFORMATION ABOUT RECIPES AND COOKING TIPS AT ...
SPATCHCOCK CHICKEN RECIPE SMOKER / BEST SMOKED CHICKEN ...
BLACK BEAN SOUP RECIPE / DOWNLOAD RECIPE INGREDIENTS ...
BLACK BEAN SOUP RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
BLACK BEAN SOUP
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make 20 minute black bean soup?Super Easy 20 Minute Black Bean Soup! A hearty, filling vegetarian soup! Add two cans of undrained black beans to a food processor and pulse until thickened. Set aside. Heat oil in a large dutch oven or pot. Stir in onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
How to make black bean chili for a weeknight?How to Make Weeknight Black Bean Chili. Add diced bacon to a heavy bottomed stock pot over medium heat. Cook until crispy, then add onions and garlic and cook until tender. Add ground beef to brown and cook until done. Drain off any excess grease, put cooked ingredients back in pot, then back on stove over medium heat. Add seasonings, tomatoes,...
How to make chili lime black bean soup?Heat oil in a large nonstick soup pot over medium heat. Add onion, jalapeno, garlic and salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are softened, about 5 to 10 minutes. Add oregano, cumin, chili powder and cayenne; stir and cook 1 minute. Add beans and broth to pot; bring to a boil over high heat.
What kind of spices are in black bean soup?It takes advantage of canned black beans and comes together quickly. Yet the soup tastes remarkably fresh thanks to the carrots, celery and garlic. Cumin and a little bit of sherry vinegar (or lime juice) add a Cuban flair that takes it over the top. This lightly creamy black bean soup is packed with flavor.