BLACKBERRY & APPLE CAKE
A moist fruit sponge, packed with the best seasonal produce with a touch of almond and cinnamon too
Provided by Gerard Baker
Categories Afternoon tea, Dessert
Yield Cuts into 8-10 slices
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Butter a 22cm round loose-bottomed cake tin and line the base with baking parchment. Beat the butter and caster sugar together in a large bowl until it is light and fluffy. Gradually pour in and beat the eggs, a little at a time, until you have used two-thirds, adding flour if it curdles. Fold in the remaining egg, the ground almonds and finally the flour, and combine everything gently.
- Add two-thirds of the apples to the cake mixture and all the blackberries. Turn the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth it out evenly. Scatter the remaining apples over the surface of the cake. For the topping, sprinkle over the cinnamon, demerara sugar and butter. Bake for 50-55 mins or until a skewer comes out clean. Remove the cake from the oven and scatter on the toasted hazelnuts. When the cake is cool, dust lightly with icing sugar. Serve in slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 372 calories, Fat 24 grams fat, SaturatedFat 11 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 34 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 26 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 6 grams protein, Sodium 0.5 milligram of sodium
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, milk, 3 tablespoons sugar, lemon peel, and the butter until soft dough forms.
- On ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by spoonfuls to make 6 shortcakes. Sprinkle sugar over tops using 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in 1 quart saucepan, combine sugar and water. Cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, stir in blackberries.
- Split warm shortcakes; fill with blackberries and syrup. Cover with top halves of shortcakes; dollop with whipped cream and additional blackberries.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 Serving
APPLE WALNUT CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter and flour one 10 inch tube pan.
- Cream together the butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Set aside.
- Sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add to wet ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in vanilla, walnuts and apples. Mix well and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for approximately 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Set aside to cool. Slide knife along outer edges to release bottom of tube pan. Slide knife along bottom of tube pan and inner tube to release cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 572.4 calories, Carbohydrate 75.2 g, Cholesterol 104.6 mg, Fat 28 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 7.8 g, SaturatedFat 12.9 g, Sodium 564.9 mg, Sugar 44.1 g
BLACKBERRY, WALNUT AND APPLE SHORTCAKE
- Combine apples and juice in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cover and simmer 6-10 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Drain, reserving juice and apples.
- Measure 2 cups apple slices and set aside. Additional juice and apples can be used for another purpose.
- Combine berries, water and preserves in medium saucepan.
- Combine sugar and arrowroot powder in a small bowl and then stir into berry mixture.
- Cook over medium heat nd simmer until thickened (6-10 minutes). Set aside and let cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees F.
- Sift together flour and baking powder in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl cream butter and powdered sugar until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla. Stir in sifted dry ingredients to form a soft dough.
- Divide dough into two parts, with one part being slightly larger than the other.
- On a board on top of wax paper, roll the larger piece of dough out into a 12-inch circle.
- Put pastry into a 9-inch pie pan.
- Add reserved apples. Top with walnut halves. Pour berry mixture over walnuts.
- Roll remaining dough out to a 9-inch circle.
- Place over filling and press top and bottom pastry edges together to seal. Prick top over with fork.
- Put pie pan on top of baking sheet in case of spill over.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until pastry in golden and filling is bubbly.
- Serve warm with whipped cream, if desired.
BLACK WALNUT APPLE CAKE
This is one of the best tasteing cake that I have ever cooked. I take it to family reunions and to nurses and employees of the nursing home that mother is in. Every one like the cake so much that I have given out about thirty or more recipes. This cake in one of my mother favorite cakes that she liked to bake
Provided by Wesley Taylor
Yield 10-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Grease and flour a tube or bundt cake pan and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend eggs, oil, nutmeg, and sugar until creamy.
- Add flour, a little at a time; and blend well.
- Batter will be stiff.
- Fold in apples and nuts.
- Pour into tube or bundt cake pan and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from pan after about 30 minutes.
- Punch holes in top of the cake.
- Mix together topping ingredients in a saucepan.
- Boil for three minutes, stirring frequently.
- Take off the heat and pour topping over cake with a spoon, letting it to seep into the cake holes.
- Brush the sides of the cake with a kitchen brush.
- Let it set for at least 24 hours befor cutting and serving.
More about "blackberry walnut and apple shortcake recipes"
EASY APPLE SHORTCAKE RECIPE - THE HOME COOK'S KITCHEN
APPLE AND RASPBERRY SHORTCAKE RECIPE | CHELSEA SUGAR
GRANDMA'S RECIPE - APPLE SHORTCAKE - JUST A MUM
PLUM, BLACKBERRY AND HAZELNUT SHORTCAKE RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
APPLE AND BLACKBERRY SHORTCAKE | RECIPES FOR FOOD LOVERS …
APPLE & BLACKBERRY SHORTCAKE – CENTRAL ARRAY
BLACKBERRY SHORTCAKE RECIPE - CHALLENGING DINNER RECIPES
MIXED BERRY & APPLE CRUMBLE SHORTCAKE - CUISINE
OLD-FASHIONED BLACKBERRY SHORTCAKE - A HUNDRED YEARS AGO
NIGEL SLATER’S BLACKBERRY AND APPLE RECIPES | FOOD | THE GUARDIAN
BLACKBERRY SHORTCAKE RECIPE - CHICKENPIONEERWOMAN
BLACKBERRY AND APPLE SLICE - FOOD TO LOVE
BLUEBERRY-BLACKBERRY SHORTCAKES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
APPLE AND BLACKBERRY SHORTCAKE RECIPE | PIE RECIPES | SBS FOOD
BLACKBERRY AND APPLE SHORTCAKE - BY TRISH DESEINE RECIPE - AGFG
BLACKBERRY, WALNUT AND APPLE SHORTCAKE RECIPE
BLACKBERRY AND APPLE SHORTCAKE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
APPLE AND BLUEBERRY SHORTCAKE - THE ENGLISH KITCHEN
BLACKBERRY SHORTCAKE RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
APPLE SHORTCAKE - BAKE FROM SCRATCH
RUSTIC BLACKBERRY SHORTCAKES - SIMPLY SO GOOD
BLACKBERRY AND APPLE CAKE WITH OATY CRUMBLE - FAMILY-FRIENDS-FOOD
APPLE BLACKBERRY CRUMBLE CAKE! - JANE'S PATISSERIE
BLACKBERRY SHORTCAKE RECIPE : DOWNLOAD COOKING DIRECTIONS
APPLE SHORTCAKE RECIPE | CHELSEA SUGAR
BLUEBERRY, APPLE AND WALNUT CAKE | WHAT DAD COOKED
SEARCH PAGE - FOOD NETWORK
APPLE CAKE WITH BLACKBERRIES - COOKING - CALL ME ISHBEL
EASY BLACKBERRY POUND CAKE - THE SOUTHERN LADY COOKS
APPLE & BLACKBERRY SHORTCAKE | THE ENGLISH KITCHEN
BLACKBERRY SHORTCAKE RECIPE RECIPE
APPLE AND BLACKBERRY CAKE - SOMETHING SWEET SOMETHING SAVOURY
APPLE WALNUT CAKE - YUM TASTE
JUMBO FLUFFY WALNUT APPLE MUFFINS - YUM TASTE
EASY SHORTCAKE RECIPE WITH CHUNKY BLACKBERRY SAUCE
BLACKBERRY APPLE CAKE - ITALIAN FOOD FOREVER
APPLE BLACKBERRY AND WALNUT CAKE - BAKE WITH SHIVESH
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE RECIPES | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
APPLE AND BLACKBERRY RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
Blackberry Shortcake | Simple Dessert Recipes | Kidspot236 views-01:37
Blackberry, Apple, & Walnut Cake153 views-02:38
APPLE WALNUT CAKE - APPLE CAKE RECIPE - APPLE PIE RECIPE2.3K views-04:16
How to Make Blackberry Shortcake224 views-02:26
Apple and blackberry pudding recipe | delicious. Australia204 views-01:07
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make apple cake with blackberries?In a large bowl, beat the flour, baking powder, salt, butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract together until light, fluffy and smooth. This should take about 2 minutes using an electric mixture. Fold the diced apples and fresh blackberries into the cake batter, taking care not to crush the blackberries too much.
What is the best apple and Raspberry Shortcake recipe?This rustic apple and raspberry shortcake recipe can be served for afternoon tea or dessert - use fresh or frozen raspberries and you can enjoy it any time of the year. Filling: Place the apple, lemon rind, Chelsea Raw Caster Sugar and water in a saucepan over a low heat. Cover and simmer for 7 – 10 minutes or until apple is soft.
How to Cook Apple Shortcake slice?Easy Apple Shortcake Slice Instructions Preheat oven to 170˚C or 150˚C fan-forced. Spray and line a slice pan. Cream butter and sugar. Divide the mixture into 2 equal portions. Bake for 10 minutes until very lightly golden. Cook apples in an uncovered saucepan with the knob of butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Top cake with apples.
How to cook apples and blackberries in a pan?Slice apples and place in a saucepan with water and 3 tablespoons sugar. Heat over medium-low heat for 5 minutes, stirring every minute to prevent sticking. Stir in blackberries and taste, adjusting sugar if necessary. Make sure apples get thoroughly coated with blackberry juice.