- Prepare 1 1/2 pounds medium-thick asparagus (see Rinse and Snap). Have a large bowl of ice water ready. In a large saucepan, bring 8 cups water to a boil. Season with 2 tablespoons coarse salt, and add asparagus; boil until tender, 3 to 4 minutes (depending on thickness).
- Remove with tongs, or drain in a colander, and immediately transfer to ice water for 1 minute to stop the cooking process. Drain; refrigerate until completely chilled.
ASPARAGUS WITH HOLLANDAISE
- Hold both ends of a stalk of asparagus and bend it until it snaps. Then use a knife to trim the remainder of the bunch to match. Discard the trimmed stems.
- Bring a pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add the asparagus and cook, uncovered, until tender, 4 to 6 minutes depending on the thickness. Drain in a colander.
- Meanwhile, put the egg yolk, lemon juice and cayenne in a blender. Pulse a couple times to combine.
- Put the butter in a small microwave proof bowl and heat in a microwave until just melted. With the blender running, gradually add the melted butter into the egg to make a smooth frothy sauce. If the sauce is really thick blend in a teaspoon of lukewarm water to loosen it up.
- Transfer the asparagus to a plate. Pour the sauce over the top of the asparagus, sprinkle with more cayenne if desired and serve right away.
- Copyright 2016 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
- Place asparagus in a medium pot filled with boiling salted water for 40 seconds. Remove asparagus and serve with sea bass.
- Dissolve the salt in the water. Rinse the asparagus and remove the small triangular scales that run the length of the stalk up to the tip. Leave the tip intact. Soak the asparagus in the brine for 10 minutes.
- Remove the asparagus from the brine and place it in vacuum-seal bags. Seal the bags and place them in the freezer. Alternatively, place the asparagus in zip-top bags, squeezing out as much air as possible, and place them in the freezer. Freeze for at least 8 hours and up to 24 hours.
- When the asparagus is frozen solid, remove it from the freezer, cut the bags open, and let the asparagus defrost in the refrigerator. Cut off the tough stem ends, then pat the stalks dry with a paper towel. The asparagus are much easier to clean after cryo-blanching. The asparagus is ready to be served or added to a cooked preparation.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add the asparagus, and cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Drain, and when the asparagus is cool enough to handle, wrap each spear with a slice of prosciutto.
- Brush the spears with oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Set the grill on medium heat, and cook the asparagus for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until the prosciutto is marked.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 102.7, Fat 10.3, SaturatedFat 1.4, Sodium 8.6, Carbohydrate 2.5, Fiber 1.2, Sugar 0.8, Protein 1.4
HEALTHY BLANCHED ASPARAGUS
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add salt and return water to a boil. Prepare an ice-water bath. Peel lower two thirds of each asparagus stalk with a vegetable peeler. Place asparagus in boiling water and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and immediately transfer asparagus to ice-water bath until cool; drain.
ZESTY MARINATED ASPARAGUS
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Blanch asparagus just until tender, about 1 minute. Plunge into a bowl of cold water to cool. Drain asparagus and place in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour in vinaigrette and seal bag. Refrigerate at least 3 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Just before serving, drain asparagus, reserving vinaigrette. Arrange on a serving platter and sprinkle with lemon zest, parsley, salt, and pepper. Serve reserved vinaigrette in a small dish on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 317.4 calories, Carbohydrate 18 g, Fat 27.5 g, Fiber 4.4 g, Protein 5.1 g, SaturatedFat 3.1 g, Sodium 1782.6 mg, Sugar 5.7 g
HOW TO COOK ASPARAGUS (ROASTED, GRILLED, OR BLANCHED!)
Got asparagus? (Lucky!) Here are three ways to make the magic happen: Roast it in the oven, char it on the grill, or blanch it on the stovetop. Whichever way you choose, it's easy and tasty as heck.
Provided by Kare for Kitchen Treaty
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Place in a large bowl or clean sink filled with cold water. Drop in the asparagus and swish it around to remove any errant dirt. Discard the woody ends of the asparagus by grasping the end of the spear with one hand and just above the middle with the other hand, then bend until it snaps in half. Discard the woody end.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Dry asparagus by rolling around on a kitchen towel. Place asparagus in large a bowl and drizzle with olive oil - about 1 tablespoon per pound of asparagus. Add a couple of pinches of salt and toss until coated. Spread the asparagus on a large rimmed sheet pan - a single layer is best! Bake, rolling the asparagus once or twice, until golden brown and tender, 15-20 minutes (check after 10 minutes if your asparagus is very thin). Add additional salt to taste. Serve.
- Preheat grill on medium-high, about 450 degrees. Place asparagus in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil - about 1 tablespoon per 1 pound of asparagus. Add a pinch of salt and toss until coated. Lay spears on the grill. Close grill for a couple of minutes then open and turn asparagus with tongs. Cook for 2-3 more minutes, turning once or twice more, until the asparagus is tender and charred in spots. Remove from grill and serve, adding more salt if desired.
- Fill a large pot about halfway with water. Fill a large bowl with cold water and a few ice cubes, then set aside. Place the pot over high heat and bring to a boil. Add the asparagus. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until just tender. Using tongs, transfer asparagus to the bowl of ice water. Dunk a few times then remove from water and finish however you like - marinate in , saute in butter or olive oil, add a pinch of salt ... your choice!
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 4 ounces, Calories 54 kcal, Sugar 2 g, Sodium 2 mg, Fat 4 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Carbohydrate 4 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 2 g
BLANCHED VEGETABLES BACK TO BASIC'S
So simple and very quick to blanch Asparagus, Broccoli, to Cauliflower. Do this prep for an quick put together meal when dinner are ready to eat. Season how you taste buds would enjoy! No mushy veggies here, just crisp vibrate ones.
Provided by Rita1652
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Trim vegetables by removing tough skin and chopping into bite size pieces.
- Keep stem separate form tender heads.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water add the thick stems for 1 minute then add the more tender tops of the vegetable and cook for 1 minutes. Remove and add to water bath to chill and stop the cooking.
- Save for when you want to get the meal finalized. Or add right to a pan with butter, oil, garlic, nuts what suits your fancy stir fry for 1-2 minutes, seasoning with seasoned salt and enjoy.
More about "blanched asparagus recipes"
QUICK AND EASY ASPARAGUS RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
5/5 (15)Calories 97 per serving
BLANCHED ASPARAGUS WITH RUNNY EGG - RECIPES
Servings 4Total Time 15 minsCategory Appetizer
ASPARAGUS SALAD WITH LEMON AND FETA - EATING BIRD FOOD
BLANCHED ASPARAGUS RECIPE WITH MEDITERRANEAN SALSA
EASY BLANCHED ASPARAGUS RECIPE | FOOD FAITH FITNESS
ASPARAGUS RECIPES - HOW TO COOK ASPARAGUS 10 WAYS - THE …
BLANCHED ASPARAGUS | EMERILS.COM
HOW TO BLANCH ASPARAGUS - CULINARY HILL
ASPARAGUS COMMON MISTAKES | BON APPéTIT
27 ASPARAGUS RECIPES FOR A TASTE OF SPRING | CHATELAINE
10 BEST FROZEN ASPARAGUS RECIPES | YUMMLY
23 RECIPES TO USE UP A BUNCH OF ASPARAGUS
HOW TO COOK ASPARAGUS - BBC GOOD FOOD
HOW TO BLANCH ASPARAGUS | EATINGWELL
HOW TO USE UP ASPARAGUS ENDS – RECIPE | FOOD | THE GUARDIAN
HOW TO BLANCH ASPARAGUS | VEGETABLES TECHNIQUE | NO RECIPE …
HOW TO BLANCH ASPARAGUS | KITCHN
BLANCHED ASPARAGUS - FOOD NETWORK
HOW TO BLANCH ASPARAGUS - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
PERFECT BLANCHED ASPARAGUS RECIPE | PCC COMMUNITY MARKETS
HOW TO COOK ASPARAGUS RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
HOW TO MAKE PICKLED ASPARAGUS [PLUS WHY YOU SHOULD TRY IT!]
HOW TO BLANCH ASPARAGUS - GREAT ITALIAN CHEFS
HOW TO COOK ASPARAGUS 9 WAYS: ROASTING, BOILING, GRILL AND MORE
CHILLED ASPARAGUS WITH CITRUS VINAIGRETTE - RECIPE RUNNER
PICKLED ASPARAGUS RECIPE - A FARM GIRL IN THE MAKING
BLANCHED ASPARAGUS WITH BUTTER AND LEMON RECIPE FROM THE …
SAUTéED ASPARAGUS RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
BLANCHED ASPARAGUS WITH MUSTARD SAUCE | KEVIN IS COOKING
SIMPLE STEAMED ASPARAGUS RECIPE (WITH AND WITHOUT A STEAMER …
HOW TO BLANCH ASPARAGUS – A COUPLE COOKS
POACHED EGG & SMOKED SALMON | EGGS RECIPES - JAMIE OLIVER
6 WAYS TO MAKE FROZEN ASPARAGUS INTO SOMETHING DELICIOUS
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON, BUTTER, AND PARMESAN (VIDEO)
HOW TO FREEZE ASPARAGUS | ALLRECIPES
ASPARAGUS WITH MISO DRESSING (KARASHI SUMISOAE) アスパラガスの …
BLANCHED ASPARAGUS | BOSTON MEDICAL CENTER
HOW TO BLANCH ASPARAGUS | THE INDEPENDENT | THE INDEPENDENT
A SIMPLE, YET ELEGANT RECIPE FOR BLANCHED ASPARAGUS | WWLP
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you Blanch asparagus?To blanch the asparagus: 1 Fill a large bowl with water and ice. In a large saucepan or stockpot, bring 1 inch water and 1 teaspoon salt to boil. 2 Immediately remove from boiling water and plunge into ice bath to stop the cooking. When completely cool, drain well and... More ...
How do I Cook asparagus?Learn how to cut asparagus here .) Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Place a large bowl of ice water next to the stove. Add the asparagus to the boiling water and cook until bright green and crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the asparagus to the ice water (this stops the asparagus from cooking further).
What are the ratings for healthy blanched asparagus?Healthy Blanched Asparagus Healthy Blanched Asparagus Rating: 2.92 stars 36 Ratings 5star values:1 4star values:11 3star values:10 2star values:12 1star values:2
How much olive oil do you put in asparagus?Ingredients 1 1 bunch medium asparagus (1 pound) 2 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 3 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese 4 1 teaspoon lemon zest 5 Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper More ...