BLUE CHEESE THUMBPRINTS
These make a great appetizer to pair with sparkling white wine. Sweet and savory! Prep and cook time do not include the 2 hour chilling time.
Provided by breezermom
Yield 5 dozen
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Beat blue cheese and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add flour, poppy seeds, and red pepper, beating just until combined.
- Roll dough into 3/4 inch round balls; cover and chill 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange balls on an ungreased baking sheet and press your thumb into each ball of dough, leaving an indentation.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Place about 1/4 tsp of cherry preserves in each indentation.
These cookies are best eaten after they have been refrigerated overnight. Allow them to sit at room temperature for twenty minutes before serving.
Yield makes about 30
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add 1/4 cup sugar and a pinch of salt, and beat until smooth, about 3 minutes. Add 1 egg yolk, sour cream, and vanilla; beat until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl, and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, with racks in the upper and lower thirds. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and remaining 1/4 cup sugar on medium speed until well combined, 1 to 2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and egg yolk; beat to combine. With mixer on low speed, gradually add the flour, mixing until just combined.
- Shape level tablespoons of dough into balls, and place on prepared baking sheets about 1 inch apart. Using the lightly floured end of a thick wooden spoon handle (or your thumb), make an indentation in the center of each ball.
- Bake 10 minutes; remove from oven and make indentations again. Rotate sheets, return to oven, and bake until edges of cookies begin to turn golden, 7 to 9 minutes more. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Using a small teaspoon, fill the center of each cookie with about 1 teaspoon creamcheese filling, mounding it slightly. Return cookies to the oven, and bake until the filling is firm, 7 to 8 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. Refrigerate in an airtight container, layered between waxed or parchment paper, at least 4 hours before serving (cookies can be refrigerated overnight).
- In a heatproof bowl set over (but not touching) simmering water, melt 2 ounces semisweet chocolate; let cool. Follow instructions for Cheesecake Thumbprints, adding melted chocolate to butter mixture along with the egg yolk and salt. Reduce the flour by 3 tablespoons, and whisk with 3 tablespoons Dutch-process cocoa powder before adding to the dough. (The edges of these cookies will be firm to the touch when baked)
- The floured handle of a wooden spoon is pressed into each ball of cookie dough to make an indentation.
- A rich cheesecake filling is added to the centers after the cookies are partially baked.
CHEESY THUMBPRINT APPETIZERS WITH HOT PEPPER JELLY
- Blend Cheddar cheese, flour, and butter in a food processor until dough is a coarse-meal texture and forms into a ball. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls and place 1 inch apart on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven; press thumb into top of each ball, creating an indentation. Spoon about 1 teaspoon pepper jelly into indentation. Bake until edges are golden brown, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 118.8 calories, Carbohydrate 10.2 g, Cholesterol 21 mg, Fat 7.3 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 3.5 g, SaturatedFat 4.6 g, Sodium 97.1 mg, Sugar 3.9 g
BLUE CHEESE AND RED ONION JAM CRESCENT THUMBPRINTS
Take pinwheel appetizers a step further when you add a savory topping.
Provided by Allrecipes Member
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. In small bowl, mix cream cheese and Gorgonzola cheese with fork until blended.
- If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough; separate into 2 rectangles, each about 11 inches long. Place 1 rectangle on cutting board; press perforations together to seal. If using dough sheet: Unroll dough; cut lengthwise into 2 rectangles, each about 11 inches long. Place one rectangle on cutting board.
- Spread half of the cheese mixture over dough to within 1/2 inch of long sides; sprinkle half of the pecans evenly over cheese. Starting at 1 long side, roll up; press seam to seal. Cut roll into 16 (about 3/4-inch) slices with serrated knife; place cut sides down on ungreased large cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, cheese and pecans.
- Bake 14 to 17 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in 8-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until soft and lightly brown. Remove from heat. Stir in vinegar, preserves (breaking up large pieces of fruit if necessary) and thyme; set aside.
- After removing rolls from oven, immediately press back of a teaspoon into center of each roll to make small indentation. Spoon slightly less than 1/2 teaspoon onion jam into each indentation. Remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 63.6 calories, Carbohydrate 4.9 g, Cholesterol 5.7 mg, Fat 4.2 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 1.4 g, SaturatedFat 1.7 g, Sodium 90 mg, Sugar 2.2 g
More about "blue cheese thumbprints recipes"
BLUE CHEESE THUMBPRINTS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (1)Total Time 2 hrs 30 minsServings 60
- Beat blue cheese and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add flour, poppy seeds, and red pepper, beating just until combined. Roll dough into 3/4-inch round balls; cover and chill 2 hours.
- Arrange balls on ungreased baking sheets, and press thumb into each ball of dough, leaving an indentation.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until golden. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Place about 1/4 teaspoon preserves in each indentation.
- Blue Cheese Crisps: Combine ingredients for dough as directed. Shape dough into 2 (9-inch-long) logs. Wrap each log in plastic wrap, and chill 2 hours. Cut each log into 1/4-inch-thick slices, and place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Omit cherry preserves. Store crisps in an airtight container up to 1 week.
ADDING CHEESE TO COOKIES: BLUE CHEESE THUMBPRINTS
Servings 24Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
BLUE CHEESE THUMBPRINT COOKIES - EMILY ELLYN
BLUE CHEESE THUMBPRINT COOKIES | FRIGO® CHEESE
BLUE CHEESE AND RED ONION JAM CRESCENT THUMBPRINTS - RECIPE
BLUE CHEESE THUMBPRINTS RECIPE | RECIPE | BLUE CHEESE, FUN …
SAVORY PARMESAN THUMBPRINTS | LAND O’LAKES
BLUE CHEESE AND RED ONION JAM CRESCENT THUMBPRINTS RECIPE ... RECIPE
BLUE CHEESE COOKIES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BEST CHEDDAR THUMBPRINTS RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
RASPBERRY CREAM CHEESE THUMBPRINT COOKIES - BLUE JEAN CHEF
FIG + BLUE CHEESE THUMBPRINT COOKIES — A JOY IN THE KITCHEN
CHEDDAR-BLUE THUMBPRINTS - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
19 EASY THUMBPRINT COOKIES - THE BEST CHRISTMAS ... - SOUTHERN …
BLUE CHEESE THUMBPRINTS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
BLUE CHEESE THUMBPRINTS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
CHEESE THUMBPRINTS - COOKEATSHARE
30 OF THE ABSOLUTE BEST THUMBPRINT COOKIE RECIPES
CRANBERRY BLUE CHEESE THUMBPRINTS - PARADE.COM
RECIPE: BLUE CHEESE THUMBPRINTS AND BLUE CHEESE CRISPS
BLUE CHEESE AND RED ONION JAM CRESCENT THUMBPRINTS RECIPE
BLUEBERRY CHEESE THUMBPRINT COOKIES - JAJA BAKES - JAJABAKES.COM
BLUE CHEESE THUMBPRINTS - LACTO OVO VEGETARIAN RECIPES
HAZELNUT & BLUE CHEESE THUMBPRINTS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
BLUE CHEESE AND RED ONION JAM THUMBPRINTS RECIPE
CRANBERRY BLUE CHEESE THUMBPRINTS - MASTERCOOK
BEST COOKING BUTTER RECIPES: BLUE CHEESE THUMBPRINTS
RECIPE: JAM + CHEESE THUMBPRINTS — MOLLY YEH
BLUE CHEESE THUMBPRINTS | PAISLEY QUEEN
SAVORY PARMESAN THUMBPRINTS | RECIPE RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
CHEDDAR BLUE THUMBPRINTS RECIPE
CHEESY THUMBPRINT APPETIZER - I AM BAKER
BLUE CHEESE THUMBPRINTS - COOKEATSHARE - RECIPES
BLUE CHEESE AND RED ONION JAM CRESCENT THUMBPRINTS | RECIPE
FIG AND GORGONZOLA SAVOURIES (THUMBPRINTS) RECIPE - FOOD.COM
BLUE CHEESE THUMBPRINTS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #appetizers #eggs-dairy #dinner-party #holiday-event #cheese #dietary #high-calcium #high-in-something #number-of-servings #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love