The soft, warm texture of the custard is something gentle for the waking tummy and tongue. It only takes a few minutes to prepare -- great for dessert, too! Drizzle with hot jam or maple syrup. In the summer, garnish with fresh raspberries and mint from the garden!
Provided by CARNS
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Place butter in a 9x13 inch baking dish and place dish in oven to melt butter.
- In a blender, combine eggs, honey, milk, vanilla, flour and salt. Blend until smooth. Pour over melted butter in hot dish. Sprinkle blueberries on top.
- Bake in preheated oven 20 to 25 minutes, until puffed and golden. Sprinkle with nutmeg and confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 242.1 calories, Carbohydrate 26.3 g, Cholesterol 203.5 mg, Fat 11 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 10.1 g, SaturatedFat 5.3 g, Sodium 278.2 mg, Sugar 17.5 g
CUSTARD BERRY PARFAITS
Here's a low-fat dessert that captures the flavors of the season. The homemade custard comes together in minutes, but seems like you fussed. -Trisha Kruse of Eagle, Idaho
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. , Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. , Gently stir in vanilla. Cool to room temperature without stirring. Transfer to a bowl; press plastic wrap onto surface of custard. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. , Just before serving, spoon 1/4 cup of berries into each parfait glass; top with 2 tablespoons of custard. Repeat layers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 119 calories, Fat 3g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 74mg cholesterol, Sodium 137mg sodium, Carbohydrate 21g carbohydrate (16g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
MAPLE BLUEBERRY PARFAIT
- Cook 2 1/4 cups (3/4 pound) blueberries with 1/2 cup maple syrup in a 2-quart heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until blueberries have burst, 3 to 8 minutes. Cool in an ice bath, stirring occasionally.
- While blueberry mixture cools, beat cream with remaining 1/4 cup maple syrup in a bowl using an electric mixer until it just holds stiff peaks.
- Stir lemon juice and remaining 1 1/4 cups blueberries into cooled blueberry-maple mixture.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons blueberry mixture into each of 6 glasses and top with half of crumbled cookies and half of whipped cream. Repeat layering of remaining blueberry mixture, crumbled cookies, and whipped cream.
- Serve parfaits immediately.
BLUEBERRY CUSTARD PARFAIT
A retired nurse whose hobby is cooking, Mildred Stubbs, Hamlet, North Carolina shares this refreshing dessert.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a saucepan, combine eggs, milk, sugar and salt. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until custard is slightly thickened and coats the back of a spoon, about 18 minutes. , Remove from the heat. Stir in the vanilla, zest and nutmeg. Cool for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. , In a small bowl, beat the cream and confectioners' sugar until stiff. Fold two-thirds into the custard. Layer custard and blueberries in parfait glasses. Garnish with remaining cream. Chill for 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 294 calories, Fat 17g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 159mg cholesterol, Sodium 236mg sodium, Carbohydrate 30g carbohydrate (26g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
BLACKBERRY AND VANILLA BEAN CUSTARD PARFAIT
- For the custard, place half the cashews and coconut in blender with 1/4 to 1/2 cup water, as needed, to blend until smooth. Add remaining cashews and coconut and vanilla and maple syrup. Blend. Refrigerate until cold.
- Crush lavender or thyme in a mortar. Place in a large bowl, and add blackberries and honey. Gently crush together with back of a spoon, leaving some berries whole.
- Layer custard and berries in 4 martini glasses or goblets, top with nuts and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 413, UnsaturatedFat 14 grams, Carbohydrate 49 grams, Fat 20 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 16 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Sodium 37 milligrams, Sugar 34 grams, TransFat 0 grams
LEMON-BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE PARFAITS
Pastry Chef Maggie Leung's reimagined cheesecake is super-versatile: It's three components-the creamy, tangy cheesecake custard, the crunchy cornmeal shortbread and the fresh blueberry compote - are all fantastic together, but each can be used in a lots of other ways. My best-friend Judy decided she wanted to entertain outside this summer and she gave me the tedious (NOT!!) task of looking for a WOW dessert but understated and we both agree that this is the one. This is not the only dessert she is serving so we want to choose with much thought to her other desserts, as well. Food&Wine Magazine, August 2009 edition.Just between chilling and cooling time it takes about 6 hrs, that is if it is all done in one day - the shortbread can be made up to two days ahead of time & the assembled parfaits can be refrigerated for up to 1 day. ;)
Provided by Manami
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 20
- MAKE THE SHORTBREAD:.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour with the cornmeal and salt.
- In a standing mixer fitted with the paddle, mix the butter with the confectioners' sugar at medium speed until creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Beat in the orange zest and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture and beat at low speed until the dough just comes together.
- Pat the shortbread dough into a disk, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Unwrap the chilled shortbread dough and roll it out between 2 sheets of parchment paper to an 8-inch round (1/2 inch thick).
- Cut the dough into 1/2-inch-wide strips and transfer the strips to the baking sheets; leave 1 inch between each strip.
- Refrigerate the dough strips for 30 minutes, until chilled.
- Bake the shortbread for about 20 minutes, until golden; rotate the pans halfway through for even baking.
- While the warm shortbread strips are still on the baking sheet, cut them into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Let cool, about 30 minutes.
- MAKE THE BLUEBERRY COMPOTE:.
- In a small saucepan, combine 1 cup of the blueberries with the sugar and water.
- Bring to a simmer and cook over moderate heat until the blueberries break down, about 5 minutes.
- Scrape the blueberry sauce into a blender, add the lemon juice and puree until smooth.
- Scrape the blueberry sauce into a bowl and fold in the remaining 1 cup of whole blueberries.
- Refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
- MAKE THE CHEESECAKE CUSTARD:.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 3/4 cup of the milk to a boil with 3 tablespoons of the sugar; remove from the heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the cornstarch and the remaining 1/4 cup of milk and 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Gradually whisk the hot milk into the egg yolks, then pour the mixture into the saucepan and whisk constantly over moderate heat until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Over low heat, whisk in the cream cheese, lemon juice, grated lemon zest and vanilla extract until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Scrape the cheesecake custard into a bowl.
- Press a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the custard and refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the cream to medium peaks.
- Fold the whipped cream into the chilled cheesecake custard until no streaks remain.
- Spoon the shortbread cubes and custard into bowls.
- Drizzle with the blueberry compote, garnish with the lemon zest strips and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 673.6, Fat 45.2, SaturatedFat 27.6, Cholesterol 233.1, Sodium 387.3, Carbohydrate 60.8, Fiber 2, Sugar 30.9, Protein 8.2
BLUEBERRY CUSTARD PARFAIT
- In a saucepan, combine eggs, milk, sugar and salt. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until custard is slightly thickened and coats the back of a spoon. Remove custard from the heat.
- Add vanilla, citrus peels and nutmeg; mix well. Cool for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small mixing bowl, whip the cream and powdered sugar until stiff. Fold two-thirds of the whipped cream into the cooled custard.
- Layer custard and blueberries in 4 parfait glasses. Garnish with remaining whipped cream. Chill for 1 hour before serving.-(not included in prep or cooking time).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 297, Fat 17.1, SaturatedFat 9.8, Cholesterol 159.3, Sodium 237.4, Carbohydrate 29.9, Fiber 1.9, Sugar 21.4, Protein 7.3
JELL-O PUDDING & BLUEBERRY PARFAIT
This easy, creamy blueberry parfait dessert takes just 15 minutes to put together, thanks to whipped topping and instant pudding.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Cut 2 cookies in half; chop remaining cookies.
- Beat pudding mix and milk in medium bowl with whisk 2 min. Let stand 5 min. Stir in sour cream and 3/4 cup blueberries; spoon into 4 (8-oz.) parfait glasses. Cover with chopped cookies. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Top with COOL WHIP, halved cookies and remaining blueberries just before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 300, Fat 11 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Sodium 540 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 8 g
LEMON BLUEBERRY PARFAIT
- Combine blueberries and blueberry preserves in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and immediately reduce heat to simmer. Simmer until blueberries start to soften and pop, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool for 15 to 20 minutes (sauce will slightly thicken).
- Beat cream in a large chilled glass or metal bowl with an electric mixer until frothy. Add vanilla extract and sugar gradually, continuing to beat on low speed until soft peaks form. Slowly increase speed to high as cream starts to firm up. Beat until stiff peaks form, 1 to 2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl one time during mixing.
- Spoon equal layers of lemon curd, followed by blueberry sauce, and whipped cream in small dessert glasses. Repeat this layering one more time, and garnish with fresh blueberries and a sprig of mint.
- Move glasses to the fridge, and chill for 30 minutes or longer.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 587 calories, Carbohydrate 68 g, Cholesterol 173.3 mg, Fat 36.6 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 2.2 g, SaturatedFat 22.3 g, Sodium 86.5 mg
More about "blueberry custard parfait recipes"
BLUEBERRY CUSTARD PARFAIT IS BLUEBERRY COMPOTE WITH
Servings 4Published 2018-08-03Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
BLUEBERRY PARFAIT RECIPE BY ARCHANA'S KITCHEN
EASY BLUEBERRY COMPOTE RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
LEMON-BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE PARFAITS RECIPE - DELISH
10 BEST BLUEBERRY CUSTARD RECIPES | YUMMLY
BLUEBERRY CUSTARD RECIPE FOR BREAKFAST OR DESSERT
EASY FRUIT PARFAITS & HOMEMADE CUSTARD | BROWN SUGAR …
BLUEBERRY CUSTARD PARFAIT - BIGOVEN.COM
Reviews 1Servings 4Cuisine AmericanCategory Desserts
STRAWBERRY BLUEBERRY PARFAITS - GREAT GRUB, DELICIOUS TREATS
RECIPES, MENUS AND COOKING !: RECIPE : BLUEBERRY CUSTARD PARFAIT
BLUEBERRY CUSTARD PARFAIT - RECIPE #2966 - FOODGEEKS
BERRY CUSTARD PARFAITS | CANADIAN LIVING
BLUEBERRY COBBLER YOGURT PARFAIT RECIPE - COUPLE IN THE KITCHEN
31 DELIGHTFUL BLUEBERRY DESSERTS BEYOND PIE | FOOD & WINE
BLUEBERRY AND RICOTTA PARFAIT - CTV
RECIPES AND COOK: RECIPE BLUEBERRY CUSTARD PARFAIT
BLUEBERRY CUSTARD PARFAIT RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
BLUEBERRY VANILLA CUSTARD PARFAIT | SAVOR RECIPES
BLUEBERRY CUSTARD PARFAIT RECIPE - COOKSRECIPES.COM
VIOLET PARFAIT WITH BLUEBERRIES AND LEMON THYME SORBET RECIPE
LEMON-BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE PARFAITS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
EASY BLUEBERRY PARFAIT - BOWL ME OVER
LEMON-BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE PARFAITS RECIPE - MAGGIE LEUNG
BLUEBERRY CUSTARD PARFAIT RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
BLUEBERRY-BASIL CREAMY PARFAITS - TEATIME MAGAZINE
HOMEMADE BLUEBERRY CUSTARD PIE - BUNNY'S WARM OVEN
BLUEBERRY PARFAIT - BLUEBERRY.ORG
BLUEBERRY CUSTARD PARFAIT IS BLUEBERRY COMPOTE WITH VANILLA CUSTARD ...
BERRY CUSTARD PARFAIT - SPRINKLE OF SESAME
BLUEBERRY CUSTARD PARFAIT IS BLUEBERRY COMPOTE WITH VANILLA CUSTARD ...
20 BEST PARFAIT RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #desserts #fruit #dietary #low-sodium #low-in-something #berries #blueberries
You'll also love