BOSTON CREAM CUPCAKES
Boston cream cupcakes have been my favorite bakery treat since I was a child, so I put together this easy-to-make version. -Jeanne Holt, Mendota Heights, Minnesota
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1/2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition., Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 15-20 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely., Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry bag; insert a small tip. Fill with pudding. Push the tip through the top to fill each cupcake., Place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool, stirring occasionally, to room temperature or until ganache thickens slightly, about 10 minutes. Spoon over cupcakes. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 283 calories, Fat 15g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 45mg cholesterol, Sodium 204mg sodium, Carbohydrate 34g carbohydrate (20g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
BOSTON CREAM CUPCAKES
Cupcakes are coming into their own. Here in California, many new brides are choosing wedding cakes composed of intricate arrangements of hundreds of cupcakes! This especially delicious little morsel comes courtesy of Elizabeth Falkner, pastry chef-owner of Citizen Cupcake in San Francisco and was published recently in the local paper.
Provided by SharleneW
Yield 20-24 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 21
- To make cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter and sugar together with an electric mixer; add vanilla and eggs.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add in 3 stages, alternating with the buttermilk.
- Line muffin pans with paper liners.
- Fill each about three-quarters full with batter.
- Bake 15-20 minutes.
- To make pastry cream: Bring milk just to boil in medium saucepan.
- Whisk egg yolks, sugar and cornstarch together in a bowl.
- Stir just a little of the hot milk into the egg mixture to equalize the temperatures.
- Add a little more hot milk to the egg mixture and stir well again.
- Then add all of the hot milk and stir.
- Return mixture to saucepan; whisk over low heat constantly until mixture becomes thick.
- Pour pastry cream into clean bowl and whisk in vanilla.
- Whisk in butter 1 ounce at a time until smooth.
- Cover surface with plastic wrap and chill until cool.
- Fold whipped cream into chilled pastry cream.
- To make chocolate glaze: Bring cream and corn syrup to boil.
- Pour hot cream over chopped chocolate in a medium bowl.
- Let hot cream sit on the chocolate for about 5 minutes.
- Stir until chocolate is dissolved and smooth.
- Stir in butter.
- To assemble: Fill pastry bag with pastry cream; poke tip of pastry bag into top of each cupcake and inject each with some pastry cream.
- OR slice each cupcake in half horizontally and spread some pastry cream in between layers.
- OR remove a cone-shaped section from center of cupcake, fill hole with pastry cream and then replace cake piece.
- Drizzle chocolate glaze over top of each cupcake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 350.2, Fat 23.5, SaturatedFat 14.3, Cholesterol 128.4, Sodium 129.4, Carbohydrate 31.8, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 19.3, Protein 4
BOSTON CREME MINI-CUPCAKES
Easy to make mini cupcakes that taste like a miniature Boston cream pie! This semi-homemade version of one of my favorite pies is a big hit at potlucks or just for a little snack to have around the house. It is also easy to make in stages and defrosts nicely when ready to serve by just letting them sit out for an hour or so on the counter.
Provided by veggiechef
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spray 24 mini muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Stir yellow cake mix, water, eggs, and vegetable oil in a bowl until moistened. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Spoon cake batter into the prepared mini muffin cups, filling them about 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cupcakes have risen and are lightly golden brown, 15 to 19 minutes. Check for doneness after 10 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake should come out clean. Allow cupcakes to cool for about 20 minutes.
- Whisk instant French vanilla pudding mix and milk together in a bowl for 2 minutes. Allow pudding to stand for 5 more minutes to thicken.
- Pipe the vanilla pudding into each cupcake with about 1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla pudding.
- Freeze filled cupcakes for at least 1 hour to make frosting them easier.
- Spread a very thin coating of chocolate frosting over each cupcake; refrigerate cupcakes for 15 minutes.
- Spread second, thicker layer of frosting over the first layer. Place small dollop of whipped cream into center of each frosted cupcake and top with a quarter of a maraschino cherry. Refrigerate mini cupcakes until serving time.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 247.9 calories, Carbohydrate 34.2 g, Cholesterol 32.1 mg, Fat 11.7 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 2.7 g, SaturatedFat 3.5 g, Sodium 252.6 mg, Sugar 24.2 g
BOSTON CREAM TO GO CUPCAKES
A half-dozen cupcake recipe full of the flavor a Boston Cream pie but in a to-go version. These little cakes mix up easily and filling them just requires a small decorator tip and a plastic bag. Top it with a simple ganache topping and you have a perfect gem of a dessert for a small gathering! I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
Provided by HokiesMom
Yield 1/2 dozen, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a small bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy then add egg and beat well.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk, beating well after each addition.
- Fill paper lined muffin cups half full.
- Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. (If using a dark coated pan reduce oven temperature to 325F).
- Cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from muffin pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Prepare your vanilla pudding (your favorite method/recipe) and chill till proper consistency of pudding.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag and insert a very small tip into the corner (from the inside of the bag to hold the tip).
- Fill bag with prepared pudding.
- Push the tip through the top of the cupcake about halfway down and fill each cupcake with pudding.
- Place the chocolate chips in a small bowl.
- In a small saucepan, bring whipping cream just to a boil (do not scorch) then pour over the chocolate chips and whisk until smooth.
- Cool, stirring occasionally to room temperature or until ganache thickens slightly (about 10 minutes).
- Spoon over cupcakes and let stand until set.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 280.6, Fat 15.4, SaturatedFat 9.2, Cholesterol 65, Sodium 187.5, Carbohydrate 32.4, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 21.7, Protein 3.5
BOSTON CREAM CUPCAKES
Received from a recipe swap, this one starts with a dozen pre-made cupcakes. I haven't tried it yet but plan to do so this week. Cook time is chill time.
Provided by Julie Bs Hive
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine milk, pudding mix, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Beat mixture on med speed for 2 minutes, or until it thickens. Place this mixture in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Spoon filling into a pastry bag fitted with a medium-size plain tip. Fill cupcakes with vanilla pudding by inserting tip into top of cupcake and squeezing a couple of tablespoons into each cupcake.
- Heat cream in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat until bubbles appear around the edges. Remove from heat, add chocolate morsels to pan, and whisk until smooth.
- Spoon or drizzle glaze over cupcakes. Refrigerate until set, at least 1 hour, before serving.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 273.8, Fat 15.6, SaturatedFat 9.5, Cholesterol 30.6, Sodium 137.7, Carbohydrate 30.6, Fiber 1.9, Sugar 26.6, Protein 2.5
BOSTON CREAM CUPCAKES
So good, and so easy. This is a way to doctor up ordinary yellow cupcakes and vanilla pudding into a scrumptious, family pleasing treat. These are my standard potluck and "send into the office" cupcakes. Prepare your favorite yellow cupcakes for this and your favorite vanilla pudding.
Provided by HeatherFeather
Yield 20-24 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Mix vanilla and pudding together and place into decorator's gun with a large enough opening to inject pudding into the cupcakes.
- Gently poke the decorator gun into the center of each cupcake and inject about 1 Tbsp pudding into the cupcake (it is fine if some puffs out the top a bit).
- Once all cupcakes have been injected, cover and chill them while making the topping.
- Heat cream in a saucepan on medium heat just until the sides start to have tiny bubbles; don't walk away from the pan.
- As soon as it gets to this point, remove from the heat and add chocolate chips, whisking fiercely until the chips have melted and everything is smooth (the heated cream should be hot enough to melt the chips).
- Set out some wax paper and grab your slightly chilled cupcakes.
- Spoon some of the topping onto the center of a cupcake, covering the pudding opening, adding more topping around the edges to cover the top of cupcake completely with the topping.
- Set cupcake onto the wax paper to cool.
- Repeat until all cupcakes are covered with the topping, then place into a covered container and chill at least 1 hour, the topping will get firmer but not hard.
- You may have extra topping, in fact, I look forward to having extra topping to use on top of ice cream; store extra topping in covered container in the fridge up to 1 week.
More about "boston cream to go cupcakes recipes"
BOSTON CREAM CUPCAKES RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
Reviews 4Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 35 mins
BOSTON CREAM CUPCAKES | READY SET EAT
EASY BOSTON CREME CUPCAKES - BEAUTYFROMBURNTTOAST
BOSTON CREAM CUPCAKES RECIPE - BROWN EYED BAKER
BOSTON CREAM CUPCAKES - OLGA'S FLAVOR FACTORY
BOSTON CREAM CUPCAKES GO GO GO GOURMET
BOSTON CREAM CUPCAKES | CHEW OUT LOUD
BOSTON CREAM PIE CUPCAKES | DELICIOUS CREAM FILLED …
BOSTON CREAM CUPCAKES (#THECAKESLICEBAKERS) – MY …
BOSTON CREAM PIE CUPCAKES | WHAT'S COOKIN' ITALIAN …
BOSTON CREAM PIE CUPCAKES - SERVED FROM SCRATCH
BOSTON CREAM PIE CUPCAKES - PASS THE DESSERT
TO-DIE-FOR BOSTON CREAM PIE CUPCAKES — ANNA-NICOLE BAKES
BOSTON CREAM CUPCAKES - BLOGGHETTI
BOSTON CREAM PIE CUPCAKES | HY-VEE - HY-VEE RECIPES AND IDEAS
THE BEST BOSTON CREAM PIE CUPCAKES - GIVE IT SOME THYME
BOSTON CREAM PIE CUPCAKES - TRADITIONAL HOME BAKING
BOSTON CREAM CUPCAKES » TIDE & THYME
BOSTON CREAM PIE CUPCAKES - EASY RECIPES FOR FAMILY TIME
BOSTON CREAM CUPCAKES - THE BEST BLOG RECIPES
BOSTON CREAM PIE CUPCAKES RECIPE - THE GRACIOUS WIFE
BOSTON CREAM CUPCAKES | BARBARA BAKES
BOSTON CREAM PIE CUPCAKES (SMALL BATCH) - HOMEMADE IN THE …
BOSTON CREAM PIE CUPCAKES - DOMESTICALLY CREATIVE
BOSTON CREAM CUPCAKES - SIMPLY MAURIE KAY
BOSTON CREAM CUPCAKES | AMERICA'S TEST KITCHEN RECIPE
THE BEST EASY BOSTON CREAM PIE CUPCAKES | FOODTALK
BOSTON CREAM PIE CUPCAKES - I HEART EATING
BOSTON CREAM CUPCAKES – JAMIE COOKS IT UP
BOSTON CREAM CUPCAKES - AMANDA'S COOKIN' - CAKE & CUPCAKES
BOSTON CREAM PIE CUPCAKES - WHOLE AND HEAVENLY OVEN
BOSTON CREAM CUPCAKES - WILL COOK FOR SMILES
BOSTON CREAM CUPCAKES SUGAR-FREE - CRAZY FOR CRUST
MARIA MIND BODY HEALTH
BOSTON CREAM CUPCAKES RECIPE - KUDOS KITCHEN BY RENEE
BOSTON CREAM TO GO CUPCAKES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
BOSTON CREAM CUPCAKES - MY INCREDIBLE RECIPES
BOSTON CREAM PIE CUPCAKES RECIPE - SIX SISTERS' STUFF
BOSTON CREAM CUPCAKES | MAYHEM IN THE KITCHEN!
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #cupcakes #desserts #cakes #chocolate #taste-mood #sweet
You'll also love