MINI CORN DOGS RECIPE BY TASTY
These kid-friendly corn dog bites are too cute (and easy!) to not make for every movie night. After cutting hot dogs into thirds, all you have to do is coat them in flour and a simple batter, quickly fry them for a few minutes, then serve with your favorite condiments or dipping sauces. The best part? Because these are mini, you don't need to buy skewers!
Provided by Hector Gomez
Yield 15 mini corn dogs
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- Then add the egg and milk. Stir until batter is smooth with no lumps and chill in refrigerator for 25 minutes.
- Cut the hot dogs into ⅓ pieces and coat in flour to help batter to stick to the dogs.
- Preheat oil to 350ºF (180ºC).
- Dunk flour battered hot dogs into corn dog batter by using a fork. Make sure to fully coat the dogs before frying in the oil.
- Fry at 350ºF (180ºC) for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. For even cooking use a slotted steel spoon or a pair of tongs to rotate the floating corn dogs.
- Dry off excess oil with paper towels.
- Serve with side of veggies or fruit.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 658 calories, Carbohydrate 17 grams, Fat 64 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 5 grams, Sugar 3 grams
EASY FUN-SIZE CORN DOGS
Not only are these corn dogs easy and fun, but because we're doing them in the oven and not deep frying them, they are way, way less messy to make. Above and beyond all of that, I thought the timing was perfect for these, since pretty much every carnival and fair got canceled this year. Serve with mustard and ketchup.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Cut each hot dog into 6 pieces.
- Pour egg, 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, sugar, and milk into a mixing bowl; whisk until combined. Add white vinegar, cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, kosher salt, and cayenne. Whisk briskly until ingredients are combined and batter is relatively thin and overmixed. Set batter aside for 10 minutes before using.
- Meanwhile, brush two 12-cup mini muffin tins with 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Fill the prepared muffin cups to about 1/8 inch from the top. Gently push a piece of hot dog into the center of each one.
- Bake in the preheated oven until nicely browned, about 18 minutes. Let cool for at least 5 minutes before removing from the pan.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 103.9 calories, Carbohydrate 10.5 g, Cholesterol 13.6 mg, Fat 5.6 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 2.6 g, SaturatedFat 1.7 g, Sodium 224.6 mg, Sugar 2 g
More about "easy fun size corn dogs recipes"
EASY HOMEMADE MINI CORN DOGS - JUST A TASTE
4.9/5 (30)Total Time 23 minsCategory Appetizer, Main Course, SnackCalories 115 per serving
- Cut each hot dog in half then insert a lollipop stick into the cutoff end of each hot dog. Thoroughly dry off the hot dogs with paper towels.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a liquid measuring cup, whisk together the egg and milk. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until combined using a spoon or spatula. (See Kelly’s Note.)
- Add 4 inches of oil to a large, heavy-bottomed stock pot. Attach the deep-fry thermometer then heat the oil over medium-high heat until the thermometer reaches 360ºF. Line a plate with paper towels.
- Dip each hot dog in the batter until it’s completely coated, lightly shake off the excess then lower it into the hot oil. Fry the corn dog until golden and crispy, about 3 minutes, then transfer it to the paper towel-lined plate. Repeat the breading and frying process with the remaining hot dogs. Serve immediately.
EASY FUN-SIZE CORN DOGS PHOTOS - ALLRECIPES.COM
THE BEST HOMEMADE CORN DOGS RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
5/5 (2)Total Time 35 minsCategory Dinner, Main CourseCalories 241 per serving
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, cornmeal, salt, sugar, and baking powder together. In another bowl, or large liquid measuring cup, whisk the egg, honey, buttermilk and milk together. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and combine thoroughly. The batter will be thick, but smooth enough to evenly coat the hot dog once it has been dipped.
- Fill a tall drinking glass with batter. Dip the hot dogs all the way in the glass, going straight down and giving it a twirl in the glass. As you remove the hot dog, twirl it around to avoid leaving any air bubbles. If you see any bubbles or bare spots on the hot dog, dip it again.
CORN DOGS RECIPE - DINNER AT THE ZOO
5/5 (16)Calories 327 per servingCategory Main
- Place the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pepper and sugar in a bowl. Stir to combine.
CORN DOGS - RECIPES - SNOWFLAKE
- Whisk egg, milk and oil together. Add to fry ingredients, mixing well until batter is smooth, thick and lump free. Leave to stand for about 20 minutes.
- Dip each Vienna into batter and gently drop into hot oil. Deep fry in medium-hot oil until golden brown. Remove from oil and drain on paper towel. Push a wooden skewer into each corn dog and serve immediately with tomato sauce, if preferred.
EASY FUN-SIZE CORN DOGS - REVIEW BY JASON SULLIVAN ...
EASY FUN-SIZE CORN DOGS - REVIEW BY SOPDOX - …
SUPER EASY HOMEMADE CORN DOGS RECIPE ⋆ SIMPLY CHACHA
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
EASY FUN-SIZE CORN DOGS - REVIEW BY MATTHEW - ALLRECIPES.COM
CORN DOGS RECIPE | EASY AND QUICK RECIPE FOR BEGINNERS
Cuisine AmericanCategory AppetizersServings 4Total Time 15 mins
HOW TO MAKE EASY HOMEMADE CORN DOGS: A STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE ...
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
EASY FUN SIZED CORN DOGS - FOOD WISHES
HEROES, HOAGIES AND SUBS RECIPE: ROASTED RED PEPPER SUB BY ...
MUFFIN CUP CORN DOGS RECIPES
FOOD WISHES VIDEO RECIPES: SEPTEMBER 2020
LEMON DAISY CUPCAKES RECIPE REVIEW BY ANONYMOUS – REDCIPES
CORN DOG PUPPIES APPETIZER RECIPES
EASY FUN-SIZE CORN DOGS - MEAT AND POULTRY
TESTING CHEF JOHN'S "EASY FUN SIZED CORN DOGS" - YOUTUBE
EASY FUN-SIZE CORN DOGS - LOVELYWISH.WORLD
EASY FUN-SIZE CORN DOGS | COOKING SELF
EASY FUN SIZED CORN DOGS - FOOD WISHES - YOUTUBE
MEAT AND POULTRY RECIPE: EASY FUN-SIZE CORN DOGS BY CHEF ...
EASY FUN SIZE CORN DOGS - EASY RECIPE TO MAKE
EASY FUN-SIZE CORN DOGS RECIPE - HEALTHY MEAL PREP
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What are delicious mini baked corn dogs?Delicious Mini Baked Corn Dogs are the perfect easy lunch or dinner for your busy weeks. Your kids will love these cute little corn dog bites! Made with cornbread mix, hot dogs, and mini muffin tins, they are such a simple and tasty dish that you can count on when you need a quick meal for the family! Looking for another easy hot dog recipe?
How do you make homemade corn dogs?These homemade corn dogs are coated in a sweet and savory cornbread batter, then deep fried to golden brown perfection. A fun meal option that tastes way better than what you'd get at the local fair! Place the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pepper and sugar in a bowl. Stir to combine.
How do you cook mini corn dogs in muffins?Spoon 2 teaspoons of the cornbread batter into each muffin cup, and then gently press a piece of hot dog into the middle of each muffin. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the edges are golden-brown and the corn muffin is cooked through. Let the mini corn dogs rest in the pan a few minutes before removing.
How to cook corn dogs in deep fryer?Preheat oil to 350ºF (180ºC). Dunk flour battered hot dogs into corn dog batter by using a fork. Make sure to fully coat the dogs before frying in the oil. Fry at 350ºF (180ºC) for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. For even cooking use a slotted steel spoon or a pair of tongs to rotate the floating corn dogs. Dry off excess oil with paper towels.