EASY BOURBON PECAN PIE
This pie has a mellow bourbon flavor that's not too strong and not too sweet. And it is easy, crunchy and chewy-just what you want in a pecan pie. -Nick Iverson, Denver, Colorado
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a food processor, pulse half the pecans until coarsely chopped; reserve remaining pecans. Combine eggs and sugars until well mixed. Add next 5 ingredients and chopped pecans., Unroll crust into a 9-in. metal pie plate; flute edge. Pour filling into crust. Arrange reserved pecan halves over filling. Place filled pie in freezer for 30 minutes. , Preheat oven to 425°. Bake until crust is set, about 15 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 350°; continue baking until pie is puffed and set in the middle, about 1 hour (tent loosely with foil if needed to prevent overbrowning). Cool. If desired, serve with vanilla ice cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 600 calories, Fat 41g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 103mg cholesterol, Sodium 221mg sodium, Carbohydrate 56g carbohydrate (43g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
BOURBON MISSISSIPPI MUD PIE
- For the pie: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the granulated sugar, butter and brown sugar with a mixer or a whisk. Beat in the eggs and mix until well incorporated, about 1 minute. Stir in the melted chocolate, bourbon and vanilla. In a small bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa and salt; fold the flour mixture into the egg mixture. Pour into the pie shell and bake until set, 30 to 40 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- For the whipped cream: In a stand mixer, whisk the heavy cream on medium speed until peaks begin to form. Add the confectioners' sugar, bourbon, vanilla and cream of tartar. Continue to whisk until the cream begins to hold medium firm peaks.
- Spread the whipped cream over the pie and garnish with chocolate shavings.
FAVORITE BOURBON PECAN PIE
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix the white sugar, brown sugar, and butter together in a bowl. Stir in the corn syrup, eggs, and bourbon; fold in the pecans. Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C); continue to bake until the pie is set, about 25 minutes more. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 532.6 calories, Carbohydrate 55.9 g, Cholesterol 81.2 mg, Fat 33.1 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 6.3 g, SaturatedFat 6.8 g, Sodium 190.4 mg, Sugar 32.6 g
BROWN SUGAR PIE I
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a saucepan, combine flour and sugar. Stir in milk, butter, salt and vanilla. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Pour into an unbaked pie shell.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and continue baking for 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 346.1 calories, Carbohydrate 63.2 g, Cholesterol 29 mg, Fat 9.4 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 3.9 g, SaturatedFat 5.8 g, Sodium 251.9 mg, Sugar 58.2 g
- In medium bowl, mix 1 1/4 cups flour, the granulated sugar and salt. Cut in butter, using pastry blender, until particles are size of small peas. Sprinkle with cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing with fork until all water is absorbed and dough sticks together. On lightly floured surface, shape dough into a ball. Flatten to 1/2-inch thickness, rounding and smoothing edges. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate 1 hour.
- On lightly floured surface, roll pastry, using floured rolling pin, into 11-inch round. Fold pastry into quarters; place in 9-inch glass pie plate. Unfold pastry and ease into pie plate, pressing firmly against bottom and side and being careful not to stretch pastry. Fold and roll edge of dough under, even with plate; flute edge. Cover; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line pastry with foil; fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake 12 minutes. Remove weights and foil; bake 3 to 4 minutes longer or until bottom is golden brown.
- In medium bowl, mix all filling ingredients just until blended. Pour into partially baked crust. Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes or until golden brown and center is set. Cool completely on cooling rack, about 2 hours. Garnish with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 479, Carbohydrate 61 g, Fat 4 1/2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 15 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 202 mg
DEEP-DISH MAPLE-BOURBON CREAM PIE
Earthy maple syrup, smoky bourbon, and caramely brown sugar join forces to make the rich custard that fills this decadent pie. Softly whipped vanilla cream, made with a touch of tangy Greek yogurt, balances the sweetness.
Provided by Katherine Sacks
Yield 10-12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 24
- Make the crust:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Toast pecans on a rimmed baking sheet, tossing once, until fragrant and slightly darkened, about 10 minutes; let cool.
- Pulse pecans and 1 Tbsp. flour in a food processor until finely ground. Add granulated sugar, salt, cinnamon, and remaining 1 cup plus 7 Tbsp. flour and pulse to combine. With the machine running, add butter, vinegar, and 2 Tbsp. cold water in a slow, steady stream and mix just until incorporated.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and press with your hands until a dough forms. Form into a 6" disc, then transfer to pie plate and press into bottom and up sides with a flat-bottomed measuring cup. Crimp edge with a floured fork, if desired, and freeze while you prepare the filling.
- Make the filling and assemble the pie:
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350°F. Cook maple syrup in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until reduced to about 1/2 cup, 8-10 minutes.
- Whisk eggs, brown sugar, flour, and salt in a large bowl until smooth. Whisk in cream, bourbon, cinnamon, and reduced maple syrup until combined.
- Heat butter over medium in a small saucepan, swirling pan occasionally, until nutty, dark brown, and most of the foam has subsided, about 5 minutes. Immediately whisk into maple syrup mixture.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper over dough and fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake until edge is lightly golden, 10-15 minutes. Remove weights, then cover edge with a pie shield or foil to prevent overbrowning. Continue baking until center is golden brown, 5-10 minutes more.
- Pour filling into crust and bake pie until edge is set but center is still very jiggly, 40-45 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool at least 2 hours (the center will set as pie cools).
- Serve the pie:
- Combine cream and yogurt in a large bowl. Scrape in vanilla seeds and reserve pod for another use, or add vanilla extract. Using an electric mixer on medium-low speed, beat until soft peaks form. Mound whipped cream in center of pie.
BOURBON-BROWN BUTTER PECAN PIE
- Whisk salt and 1 1/2 cups flour in a medium bowl. Using a fork, work in shortening until mixture is crumbly. Mix in 2 tablespoons cold water and knead until dough just comes together.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface until about 1/4" thick. Fold in half, then in half again (so that it's folded into quarters); roll out to a 12" round. Transfer to a 9" pie dish. Lift up edges and let dough slump down into dish. Trim, leaving about 1" overhang. Fold edges under and crimp. Freeze while you make the filling.
- Place a rack in lower third of oven; preheat oven to 425°F. Cook butter in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, until it foams, then browns, 5-8 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl; let cool slightly. Whisk in eggs, brown sugar, honey, cane syrup, bourbon, vanilla, nutmeg, and cinnamon until smooth; fold in pecans. Scrape filling into pie crust.
- Bake pie 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F and continue to bake until crust is golden brown and filling jiggles only slightly in the center, 40-45 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack; let
- Chill until firm, at least 4 hours.
BOURBON PECAN PIE
- Follow the instructions on page 120, line a 9 inch pie pan with the dough and cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Position a rack in the bottom third of the oven and preheat to 400 degree.
- Remove the plastic wrap and line the pastry shell with parchment paper or aluminum with pie weights.
- Bake until the pastry seems set, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil and set the pie shell aside on a baking sheet.
- Reduce brown sugar and eggs in a medium bowl, then whisk in the corn syrup melted butter, bourbon, vanilla, and salt and whisk to combine.
- Arrange the pecans in pan and pour in the filing.
- Bake the pie on the baking sheet until the sides of the filling are puffed but the center slightly indented, 35 to 45 minutes.
- Transfer the pie to a wire cooling rack.
- Let stand until warm, or cool completely.
- Store, covered, at room temperature for up to 2 days.
- Serve at room temperature.
- The pecans should be coarsely chopped- whole pecans make the pie impossible to cut.
- Serve the pecan pie warm with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream alongside, or with a whipped cream.
- Dark corn syrup and a splash of bourbon make this a pecan pie with backbone.
More about "bourbon sugar pie recipes"
BOURBON PUMPKIN PIE | GIMME SOME OVEN
Servings 12Total Time 55 mins
- Using an electric mixer, beat all of the ingredients together in a large bowl until the cream is whipped and forms soft peaks. Serve, or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
BOURBON APPLE PIE RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN | FOOD NETWORK
5/5 (7)Author Food Network KitchenCuisine AmericanCategory Dessert
- Make the crust: Pulse the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt in a food processor to combine. Add the shortening and pulse until the mixture looks like coarse meal. Add the butter and pulse until it is in pea-size pieces. Add the bourbon and pulse until just incorporated. Pulse in the ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough holds together when pinched. Turn out the dough onto a large piece of plastic wrap and gather together, using the plastic wrap to help you. Divide into 2 pieces and gently pat each into a disk; wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours.
- Make the filling: Peel the apples and slice about ¼ inch thick. Toss with the lemon juice and ¼ cup bourbon. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the apples and sprinkle with half of the granulated sugar. Cook, stirring, until the sugar dissolves and the mixture begins to simmer, about 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium and cook until the apples soften, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Add 2 more tablespoons butter to the skillet and repeat with the remaining apples and sugar. Add to the bowl and toss with the cinnamon and ginger. Let cool completely.
- Roll out 1 disk of dough into a 12-inch round on a lightly floured surface. Ease into a 9-inch pie plate. Roll out the remaining disk of dough into a 12-inch round on a lightly floured surface. Transfer to a baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Spoon the apple filling into the prepared pie crust. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon bourbon and dot with the remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Lay the dough round over the filling. Pinch the overhanging dough together and fold under itself; crimp the edge with your fingers. Cut a few slits in the top crust to allow steam to escape. Brush the crust with the beaten egg and sprinkle with coarse sugar. Refrigerate 1 hour.
BOURBON AND BROWN SUGAR PEACH PIE » HUMMINGBIRD HIGH
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
- In a medium bowl, stir together 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, and 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Add 1 cup cold unsalted butter pieces and coat with the flour mixture using a bench scraper or a spatula. With a pastry blender, cut the butter into the flour mixture, working quickly until pea-size pieces of butter remain (a few larger pieces are okay — be careful not to overblend).
- In a medium bowl, toss together 1 pound peach chunks, 3 tablespoons cornstarch, 1 1/2 heaping tablespoons dark brown sugar, 1 tablespoon bourbon, and a generous pinch of kosher salt until well combined.
- Center a rack in the oven and preheat to 350 (F). Line a baking sheet big enough to hold the pie tin with parchment paper.
BROWN SUGAR BOURBON ICEBOX PIE | THE VIEW FROM GREAT ISLAND
4.4/5 (13)Servings 8-10Cuisine AmericanCategory Dessert
- Measure out 1 and 1/2 cups of crumbs, and toss with the melted butter until well blended. Press the crumbs evenly into the 9 pie plate, I like to use the bottom of a metal cup measure to help me get them evenly and firmly patted down. Refrigerate.
KENTUCKY BOURBON PECAN PIE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
BOURBON BUTTERMILK PIE | IMPERIAL SUGAR - RECIPES
Servings 1Estimated Reading Time 1 minCategory Pies & Tarts See details »
OLD FASHIONED SUGAR CREAM PIE - RECIPES THAT CROCK!
Cuisine AmericanCategory DessertServings 8Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Put your half and half, all purpose flour, sugar, butter and vanilla in a medium sauce pan on your stove
- Over medium heat, heat the mixture, stirring constantly, until it thickens significantly, about 15-20 minutes
MAPLE BOURBON PECAN PIE • THE BOJON GOURMET
4/5 (16)Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 3 hrs 10 mins
- In a large bowl, stir together the flours, sugar and salt. Scatter the butter pieces over the flour, and rub in with your fingertips until the mixture resembles sand with lots of pea-sized butter chunks. Drizzle the ice water over, 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing with a rubber spatula, until the dough will hold together when you give it a squeeze. Dump the dough out onto a counter, divide it roughly into 6 portions, and fraisage by dragging a portion of dough across the counter using the heel of your hand. Scrape up the dough (a metal bench scraper works well here), gently press it into a ball and flatten into a disc. Slip it into a plastic bag, and chill for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 days.
- Spread the pecan halves on a small baking sheet in a single layer and toast in a 350º oven until fragrant and very slightly darkened in color, 12-14 minutes. To check if the pecans are thoroughly toasted, let one cool on the counter, then taste it – it should be crispy and have a toasty flavor. Let the nuts cool, then use your fingers to break each half into 4-8 pieces.
BOURBON PEACH PIE WITH BROWN SUGAR TOPPING – 1840 FARM
Servings 8Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- To save time, I usually make my pie crust in my food processor. This recipe can also be made in a bowl using a dough blender or a large fork. Either way, the result will be a flaky, buttery crust that pairs deliciously with the peach filling.
- To make the crust, place flour and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse the dry ingredients to combine. Add the cubed butter and pulse until the butter has begun to incorporate into the flour and resembles small grains of rice.
- With the motor running, add ice water one Tablespoon at a time until the dough forms a ball. Take care not to over process the dough. Over processing will help to develop the gluten in the flour and lead to a crust that is less flaky. Remove the crust from the processor, shape into a flat disk, and place on a sheet of waxed paper or plastic wrap. Refrigerate while the filling is prepared.
- To prepare the filling, combine the peach slices, bourbon, sugar, lemon juice and tapioca in a large bowl. Mix gently to combine. Set aside.
BOURBON BUTTERMILK PIE - RECIPES FROM A PANTRY
5/5 (7)Category DessertCuisine American, Western, Baking, SouthernTotal Time 55 mins
- Transfer pie crust into a 9-inch pie dish, trim the edges, fold over the pan edge and crimp the edges around the pie dish with your fingers or a fork and refrigerate while you make the filling.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar until frothy. Add in the remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth.
CHOCOLATE BOURBON PIE - FOUR ROSES BOURBON
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
BOURBON-BROWN BUTTER PECAN PIE RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
Cuisine American, SouthernCategory Pies & PastriesServings 8Total Time 1 hr 45 mins See details »
BOURBON CHOCOLATE PECAN PIE | IMPERIAL SUGAR
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
APPLE BOTTOM BOURBON PECAN CHEESECAKE » NOT ENTIRELY AVERAGE
See details »
BOURBON CHERRY CRISP RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
See details »
HOMEMADE BOURBON CARAMEL SAUCE RECIPE - ONLY 6 INGREDIENTS!
See details »
10 BEST PECAN PIE WITH BROWN SUGAR RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
BOURBON-SUGAR PIE | RECIPE | DESSERT RECIPES, DESSERT ...
See details »
BOURBON VANILLA CREAM PIE - WOODLAND FOODS
See details »
You'll also love