BRAISED LAMB SHOULDER CHOPS
Very pleasing rich taste, wonderful over mashed or boiled potatoes, hope you enjoy them as much as we did. (entry for RSC spring contest - Main course)
Provided by Derf2440
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Trim fat from chops.
- Heat oil in large deep non stick frypan or Dutch oven; brown chops on both sides, about 5 minutes each side; remove from pan, set aside.
- In the same pan, add onion chunks, saute until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add carrots, celery, salt and pepper and lemon slices, saute until caramelized, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in wine or broth, bring to simmer and deglaze pan.
- Meanwhile, empty tomatoes, undrained, into a bowl, add curry powder, cumin, coriander, garlic and soy sauce.
- Stir to mix, pour tomato mixture into pan; stir to mix with caramelized veggies.
- Return chops to pan and spoon mixture over them.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 1 hour or until chops are fork tender.
- Make a slurry of cold water and cornstarch, stir into pan and bring to boil, simmer until juices are thickened.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh mint.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or rice or noodles.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 138.4, Fat 4.2, SaturatedFat 0.6, Sodium 477.9, Carbohydrate 18.9, Fiber 4.8, Sugar 7.8, Protein 3.1
BRAISED LAMB SHOULDER CHOPS
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Season lamb chops with salt and pepper. Sear lamb in hot oil until browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove chops to a plate to drain, reserving drippings in the skillet.
- Saute onion and garlic in reserved drippings until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer drained lamb chops to a baking dish; add onion mixture. Sprinkle rosemary over the chops. Pour beef broth and red wine into the baking dish. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 3 hours.
- Remove lamb to a serving platter. Carefully drain liquid from baking dish into a saucepan and place over medium heat. Beat cornstarch and water together in a bowl using a whisk to assure no lumps remain; stir into the liquid in the saucepan. Add Worcestershire sauce and cook until the liquid thickens into a gravy, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 360 calories, Carbohydrate 5.9 g, Cholesterol 89.7 mg, Fat 23.1 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 23.3 g, SaturatedFat 9.2 g, Sodium 257.5 mg, Sugar 1 g
BRAISED LAMB SHOULDER CHOPS
- Serve the lamb chops with the cooking juices. This dish goes well with mashed potatoes and cabbage, or another side vegetable, along with warm biscuits or a loaf of hearty bread.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 280 kcal, Carbohydrate 5 g, Cholesterol 49 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 16 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, Sodium 601 mg, Sugar 2 g, Fat 19 g, ServingSize 4 to 6 Chops (Serves 4 to 6), UnsaturatedFat 0 g
BRAISED LAMB CHOPS
my mother made something similar, this is a kicked up version. i hadn't cooked this in years, then i saw it at the butcher, served it with israeli couscous
Provided by chia2160
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- heat oil in large pan on stovetop, med hi heat.
- add onions and garlic, cook to soften.
- combine spices, rub on both sides of chops and brown on both sides.
- remove from pan.
- add wine, to deglaze the pan, reduce to half.
- add water, bring to boil.
- add chops and juices back to pan, cover, simmer 1 hour.
BRAISED LAMB SHOULDER
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Season lamb all over with salt and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large Dutch oven over high heat. Add lamb shoulder, and cook, turning occasionally, until lamb is browned all over, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove lamb; set aside. Pour out any excess oil, and discard. Add remaining tablespoon oil and heat over medium-high heat. Stir in garlic, celery, carrot, onion, herbs, nutmeg, and cloves. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute. Return lamb to Dutch oven. Add wine and tomatoes. Bring to a boil, cover, and transfer to the oven. Cook until fork-tender, 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Remove from oven. Transfer lamb to a platter, and keep warm. Make sauce: Place the Dutch oven over low heat, and cook the liquid until it has reduced and thickened, about 3 minutes. Remove twine from lamb, and slice; serve with sauce.
BRAISED LAMB SHOULDER CHOPS WITH ROOT VEGETABLES
- Blanch the root vegetables:
- Place diced carrots, turnips, and parsnips in a large saucepan. Add sugar and salt and cover with cold water. Place over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to moderately high and simmer, uncovered, until tender, about 3 minutes. Drain, then immediately plunge into ice water to stop cooking. Drain again and pat dry. DO AHEAD: The root vegetables can be prepared in advance and refrigerated, in an airtight container, up to 24 hours.
- Roast the lamb:
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 275°F.
- Trim any excess fat from the lamb and sprinkle all sides with salt and pepper. In a large cast-iron pan or skillet over high heat, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil until smoking. Working in 3 or 4 batches (wipe the pan clean and add 1 tablespoon oil between batches), sear the lamb, turning with tongs, until golden brown on all sides, about 8 minutes per batch. Transfer as done to a large roasting pan. Add the garlic, carrots, celery, onions, rosemary, thyme, bay leaves, and lamb or beef stock. Place over high heat, using two burners, and bring to a simmer. Cover the roasting pan with foil, transfer to the oven, and roast until the meat is tender but not falling off the bone, about 2 hours.
- Allow the lamb to cool in its braising liquid for about 45 minutes. Using tongs, carefully transfer the lamb to a large bowl and cover with foil to keep warm. Pour the braising liquid through a fine-mesh sieve, pressing on any solids. Discard the solids and return the braising liquid to the roasting pan. Skim any fat from the braising liquid, then place over high heat on two burners and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to moderate and simmer, uncovered, until the braising liquid is slightly reduced, about 30 minutes. Check the seasoning, then lower the heat to low, return the lamb to the roasting pan, and cook until warmed through, about 15 minutes.
- While the lamb is heating, finish the root vegetables:
- In a medium sauté pan over moderate heat, melt the butter. Add the carrots, parsnips, and turnips, and cook, stirring occasionally until heated through, about 8 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve:
- Divide carrots, parsnips, and turnips among 8 plates. Arrange 1 lamb shoulder blade chop on each plate, then drizzle with reduced braising liquid and serve immediately.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 Servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 275F.
- Rub both sides of lamb shoulder chops with 1 to 2 garlic cloves, as needed. Rub with chopped herbs and season with salt and pepper. Dust both sides of chops with flour. In a large (10-inch) cast iron skillet, heat oil over high heat. When nearly smoking, add 2 lamb chops and sear, 4 minutes each side, until well-browned. Remove and repeat with remaining chops. Discard fat that has accumulated in pan.
- In skillet layer onions, half of tomato slices and lamb chops. Top with remaining tomato slices and pour wine and 1/2 cup water over. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add remaining 4 garlic cloves, bay leaves, thyme sprigs and parsley stems. Cover pan loosely with aluminum foil and roast for 3 hours.
- Cover top with potato slices, pushing them into liquid so they are completely submerged. Cover pan, return to oven and cook 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Using a large spoon, remove excess liquid and any fat from stew to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil over high heat and boil rapidly until thickened, 10 to 15 minutes. Before serving, broil lamb under a preheated broiler, 5 minutes or until potatoes are well-browned. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with sauce.
PROVENçAL BRAISED LAMB CHOPS
- Preheat oven to 375°F with rack in middle.
- Pat chops dry and season with 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper (total). Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers, then cook garlic, stirring constantly, until golden, about 1 minute. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a plate. Brown chops in 2 batches, turning once, about 4 minutes total per batch. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onions, bay leaf, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper to skillet and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes. Add wine and bring to a boil, scraping up brown bits, then remove from heat.
- Peel potatoes and slice about 1/8 inch thick. Scatter half of potatoes in a shallow 3-quart baking dish, then top with half of onions. Scatter garlic, thyme, and olives over onions, then top with lamb chops. Repeat layering remaining potatoes and onions, then pour wine, broth, and meat juices over top.
- Bake, uncovered, basting top with juices once or twice, until potatoes are tender and browned on top and meat is tender when pierced with tip of a knife, about 1 1/2 hours.
More about "braised lamb shoulder chops recipes"
MEDITERRANEAN BRAISED LAMB SHOULDER CHOPS RECIPE
5/5 (22)Category Main CourseCuisine MediterraneanTotal Time 2 hrs 50 mins
- In a large skillet, preferably cast iron, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onion, carrots, and garlic, season with salt and pepper, and sauté until everything is tender and starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Scrape the mixture into a small bowl.
- Season the lamb with salt and pepper on both sides. Give the skillet a quick wipe with a paper towel (be careful; that skillet is hot!), and return the skillet to the heat. Add 1 more tablespoon olive oil, make sure the pan is very hot, then add the chops and sear for about 4 minutes on each side until the chops are browned on both sides. Transfer the chops to a plate.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the pan, and then the mushrooms, zucchini, thyme and rosemary. Sauté until the mushrooms give up their liquid, and that liquid evaporates and the vegetables become tender and slightly golden, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in the carrot and onion mixture. Add the red wine, stir to release and browned bit from the bottom and let it reduce by a little bit, about 2 minutes, then stir in the tomato sauce and tuck the browned chops into the mixture. Cover the pan, lower the heat to medium low, and let the liquid very gently simmer for 2 hours, until the meat is very, very tender, almost falling apart. Check periodically to make sure there is still liquid in the skillet, and add a bit of water or broth if necessary.
BRAISED ROSEMARY LAMB SHOULDER CHOPS - PERFECT …
4.9/5 (34)Category Main CourseServings 2Total Time 3 hrs 10 mins
BRAISED LAMB SHOULDER CHOPS - SAN PASQUAL’S KITCHEN
GREEK-STYLE BRAISED LAMB SHOULDER CHOPS - THRIFTY FOODS
BRAISED LAMB SHOULDER CHOPS | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY …
EASY LAMB SHOULDER CHOP RECIPE ( STEP-BY-STEP PICTURES)
LAMB SHOULDER CHOP RECIPE - MOMSDISH
17 LAMB SHOULDER RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
10 BEST LAMB SHOULDER CHOPS RECIPES | YUMMLY
ONE POT BRAISED LAMB SHOULDER CHOPS AND VEGETABLES
BRAISED LAMB SHOULDER CHOPS WITH TOMATOES AND …
LAMB SHOULDER CHOPS: BRAISED AND INDIAN-IFIED ⋆ SWEET …
SLOW BRAISED LAMB SHOULDER RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
SLOW COOKER BRAISED LAMB CHOPS - STAY AT HOME MUM
SLOW COOKER LAMB SHOULDER CHOPS - HEALTHY RECIPES …
BRAISED LAMB SHOULDER CHOPS | RECIPE - PINTEREST
BRAISED LAMB SHOULDER CHOPS – LA VERDE OVEJA
BRAISED LAMB SHOULDER CHOPS WITH EGGPLANT - THE FRAYED APRON
ROSEMARY AND GARLIC BRAISED LAMB SHOULDER CHOPS - OLIVE THIS!
SLOW-COOKED LAMB SHOULDER CHOPS - A FORK AND A PENCIL
BRAISED LAMB SHOULDER CHOP - URBAN CAVEWOMAN
LAMB SHOULDER BLADE ROAST RECIPE | DEPORECIPE.CO
BRAISED LAMB BELLY WITH JALAPEñO VINEGAR RECIPE - EASY RECIPES
BRAISED LAMB SHOULDER CHOPS TIM FERRISS STYLE: 11 FREESTYLE …
SLOW-BRAISED LAMB SHOULDER CHOPS WITH SHERRY - BETTER HOMES
10 BEST LAMB SHOULDER BLADE CHOPS RECIPES | YUMMLY
BRAISED LAMB SHOULDER CHOPS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
"BRAISED LAMB SHOULDER ARM CHOPS" - CHOWDOWN LOWDOWN
BRAISED LAMB SHOULDER CHOP RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS …
BRAISED LAMB SHOULDER CHOPS | NATURALLY SAVVY
BRAISED LAMB SHOULDER CHOPS | RECIPE | BRAISED LAMB SHOULDER, …
BRAISED GOAT CHOPS | WHISPERING MEADOWS - ONTARIO'S LOCAL FARM …
QUICK MENU IDEAS: BRAISED LAMB SHOULDER | COOK'S ILLUSTRATED
BRAISED LAMB SHOULDER CHOPS AND VEGETABLES - THE OLIVE TAP …
BRAISED LAMB SHOULDER WITH ROOT VEGETABLES RECIPE
BRAISED LAMB SHOULDER CHOPS RECIPE - NEWBRITAWATERCHILLER
TOP 49 SHOULDER LAMB CHOPS RECIPES OVEN
BRAISED LAMB SHOULDER CHOPS – TWO SISTERS RECIPE COLLECTION
#curries #weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #main-dish #fruit #lamb-sheep #vegetables #potluck #dinner-party #stews #stove-top #spicy #comfort-food #inexpensive #citrus #lemon #meat #carrots #brunch #taste-mood #to-go #equipment #presentation #served-hot #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love