BRATWURST WITH SAUERKRAUT AND POTATOES
- Simmer the sauerkraut for 10 minutes in boiling salted water. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, soften the onions in the butter, browning lightly. Add the sauerkraut, wine, stock, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper. Bring to boil, turn down, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, simmer the bratwurst in water to cover for 20 minutes.
- Add the potatoes to the sauerkraut in the skillet and cook, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender.
- While the potatoes are cooking, drain the bratwurst and brown lightly on all sides under a hot broiler.
- To serve, put the sauerkraut and potatoes on a heated platter and arrange the bratwurst over the top.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 740, UnsaturatedFat 9 grams, Carbohydrate 123 grams, Fat 17 grams, Fiber 17 grams, Protein 23 grams, SaturatedFat 6 grams, Sodium 2027 milligrams, Sugar 11 grams, TransFat 0 grams
BRATWURST WITH SAUERKRAUT AND APPLE-POTATO HASH
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil; add the potatoes and cook until just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bratwurst and cook, turning, until browned, about 4 minutes. Remove to a rimmed baking sheet and keep warm in the oven.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter to the skillet along with the potatoes and apples; toss. Season with 3/4 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper. Increase the heat to medium high and cook, tossing occasionally, until the potatoes and apples are golden brown and tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the scallions and sage and cook until the scallions are wilted, about 2 minutes. Add the vinegar, honey and the remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Cook, stirring, until the potatoes and apples are glazed, about 1 more minute.
- Mix the sour cream with the mustard in a small bowl. Serve the bratwurst with the potatoes and apples, sauerkraut and sour cream mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 750, Fat 53 grams, SaturatedFat 21 grams, Cholesterol 135 milligrams, Sodium 1851 milligrams, Carbohydrate 46 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 24 grams, Sugar 16 grams
BRATWURST STEWED WITH SAUERKRAUT
Wisconsin may be the cheese state, but bratwurst (ground meat sausages that are grilled, or in this case, pan-fried) are the state's culinary claim to fame. Due largely to residents' German ancestry, brats are a common site at butcher shops, restaurants and even baseball stadiums. (Madison, Wisconsin is home to an annual "Brat Fest") Michael Symon's simple recipe calls for the links to be cooked with onions, garlic and tangy sauerkraut and then served on a baguette.
Provided by Michael Symon : Food Network
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large pan, heat oil over high heat. Brown bratwurst in oil and reduce heat to medium. Add onions and garlic and cook until lightly caramelized. Add stock, paprika, caraway seeds, and sauerkraut and simmer for 45 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in fresh dill. Serve on baguette.
BRATWURST, SAUERKRAUT AND BEAN CASSEROLE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Cook bratwurst in a skillet over medium-high heat just until nicely browned on the outside.
- Spread sauerkraut in the bottom of a 9x11 casserole dish, leaving a 2 inch margin at the edges. Sprinkle celery salt and brown sugar over the sauerkraut. Place the sausages on top. Pour the beans around the outer edge of the sauerkraut. Cover the dish with a lid or aluminum foil.
- Bake for about 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until bratwurst links are cooked through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 532.9 calories, Carbohydrate 38.5 g, Cholesterol 84 mg, Fat 33.8 g, Fiber 10.3 g, Protein 22.6 g, SaturatedFat 11.5 g, Sodium 2905.5 mg, Sugar 15.3 g
SLOW-COOKER BRATWURST WITH SAUERKRAUT & POTATOES RECIPE - (3.9/5)
Provided by ltrodrigu
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, mix together the potatoes, sauerkraut, onion, broth, wine, caraway seeds, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Nestle the bratwurst in the vegetables. Cover and cook until the potatoes are tender, on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours (this will shorten total recipe time). Sprinkle the bratwurst, potatoes, and sauerkraut with the parsley and serve with the toast, butter, and mustard.
SAUSAGE AND SAUERKRAUT
I created this tasty quick-and-easy sauerkraut and sausage dish so I can throw it together in no time on those extra-busy nights. - Mary Lyon, Spotsylvania, Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large skillet, saute the potatoes in oil for 5-6 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in onion; saute for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add the sausage, sauerkraut and pepper. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 567 calories, Fat 38g fat (14g saturated fat), Cholesterol 76mg cholesterol, Sodium 2043mg sodium, Carbohydrate 36g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 20g protein.
BRATWURST POTATO SKILLET
My husband, son and daughter request this supper on blustery fall and winter days. Served with Italian bread, a crisp green salad and apple cider, it always satisfies.-Alice Le Duc, Cedarburg, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3-4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water; cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender; drain. Cool slightly; cut into cubes and keep warm., In a large skillet, saute sausage and onion in oil until lightly browned; drain. Stir in the wine, thyme and marjoram. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Remove sausage; keep warm. , Stir in the sugar, mustard, 1-1/2 teaspoons parsley, 1-1/2 teaspoons chives, vinegar, salt and pepper into pan juices; heat through. , Whisk a small amount of hot liquid into egg yolks; return all to the pan. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in sausage and potatoes; heat through. Sprinkle with remaining parsley and chives.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 527 calories, Fat 34g fat (12g saturated fat), Cholesterol 174mg cholesterol, Sodium 1035mg sodium, Carbohydrate 21g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 19g protein.
BRATWURST AND SAUERKRAUT CASSEROLE
This is good used with Bavarian sauerkraut for a sweeter taste. Put in crock pot and forget about it. My mother made this first then passed the recipe to me. It originated from American Profile Magazine.
Provided by strawberryjane
Categories Low Cholesterol
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350°. I put mine in the crockpot.
- Drain and rinse sauerkraut in a colander.
- Mix with all the ingredients in a bowl and pour into large casserole dish (or put in crockpot) Cover and bake for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Or let cook in crockpot on low for several hours until potatoes are tender. I usually add 1 can of water and mix well. Add more water accordingly throughout the day.
- I let mine cook all day on low.
- You can also try substituting the brown sugar with applesauce and apple chunks (1/2 cup each) for color and texture.
- I also use the Bavarian kraut--this gives this dish a sweeter flavor--even my kids like it.
BAKED SUMMER SAUSAGE, POTATOES & SAUERKRAUT
This is a tasty little throw together that cooks in the oven while you are doing other things. This originally started out as two different recipes that I combined to make our own. My family loves this meal!
Provided by JoJo976
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- 1. Preheat oven to 350.
- 2. Mix Summer Sausage, potatoes & onions in a 9 X 13in baking dish.
- 3. Spread Sour Kraut on top of Sausage mix. Add 1/2 cup water to bottom of dish.
- 4. Cover with aluminum foil and cook for about 1 hour or until potato's are tender.
SMOKED SAUSAGE WITH POTATOES, SAUERKRAUT & ALE
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium high heat for 3 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove sausage and set aside.
- Add oil and potatoes to skillet and cook until golden brown.
- Add ale, sauerkraut and mustard to skillet, mixing with potatoes until blended. Cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Return the sausage to the skillet, continue cooking for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 343.3 calories, Carbohydrate 17 g, Cholesterol 41.3 mg, Fat 23.5 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 9.7 g, SaturatedFat 7.8 g, Sodium 785.2 mg, Sugar 2.6 g
More about "bratwurst with sauerkraut and potatoes recipes"
BRATWURST POTATOES AND SAUERKRAUT SKILLET MEAL
4.4/5 (34)Total Time 40 minsCategory DinnerCalories 711 per serving
- Next - add the potatoes, bratwurst pieces diced onion and all of the herbs and seasonings with the exception of the salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes and bratwurst are cooked through (about 25 minutes). Add the drained sauerkraut and cook until heated through (about 5 minutes more). Taste for seasonings and add salt if needed.
BRATWURST SAUERKRAUT AND POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE
5/5 (2)Total Time 45 minsServings 6Calories 367 per serving
BRATWURST WITH SAUERKRAUT AND POTATOES RECIPE | EAT …
Cuisine European, German, MediterraneanTotal Time 40 minsServings 4
BRATWURST WITH SAUERKRAUT AND POTATOES – GERMAN …
CROCKPOT BRATS AND SAUERKRAUT - WHOLE LOTTA YUM
WHAT GOES WITH SAUERKRAUT AND BRATS? - OVEN VIA
BRATWURST AND SAUERKRAUT AND POTATOES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
SAUERKRAUT, BRATWURST AND POTATO SOUP - AN AFFAIR FROM THE HEART
BAKED KETO BRATWURST WITH SAUERKRAUT - SPLASH OF KETO
BRATWURST WITH SAUERKRAUT AND POTATOES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
NüRNBERGER BRATWURSTS WITH SAUERKRAUT AND MASHED POTATOES
GERMAN BRATWURST AND SAUERKRAUT WHERE IS MY SPOON
10 BEST BRATWURST SAUERKRAUT RECIPES | YUMMLY
BRATWURST AND SAUERKRAUT RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
SAUSAGE SAUERKRAUT AND POTATOES - THE SOUTHERN LADY COOKS
10 BEST BAKED SAUERKRAUT AND BRATWURST RECIPES | YUMMLY
RECIPES WITH SAUERKRAUT AND CHICKEN - RAINFRESHSTORE.CA
BRATWURST AND SAUERKRAUT WITH APPLES AND ONION - THE ENDLESS …
DUMP-AND-BAKE BRATWURST RECIPE - THE SEASONED MOM
BRATWURST AND POTATO CASSEROLE - JONESIN' FOR TASTE
BRAT, POTATO, AND SAUERKRAUT STEW - CHELSEA JOY EATS
BAKED SAUSAGE, POTATOES AND SAUERKRAUT - GRANDMOTHERS KITCHEN
BRATWURST WITH SAUERKRAUT AND SMASHED POTATOES
BRATS AND CARAMELIZED KRAUT OVER MASHED POTATOES
KNOCKWURST WITH SAUERKRAUT AND POTATOES - JAMIE GELLER
RECIPES WITH BRATWURST AND POTATOES RECIPES ALL YOU …
BRATWURST AND SAUERKRAUT - BUDGET BYTES
SLOW COOKER BRATWURST WITH SAUERKRAUT - WELL-WORN APRON
SAUSAGE, SAUERKRAUT AND POTATO RECIPE | QUICK AND EASY | WILDBRINE
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
BRAT, SAUERKRAUT AND POTATO SKILLET - JOHNSONVILLE.COM
SLOW-COOKER SAUSAGES WITH SAUERKRAUT AND POTATOES RECIPE
21 RECIPES WITH BRATWURST AND POTATOES - SELECTED RECIPES
INSTANT POT BRATS WITH SAUERKRAUT | A MIND "FULL" MOM
POTATOES AND SAUERKRAUT RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BRATWURST WITH SAUERKRAUT AND POTATOES RECIPE | YUMMLY | RECIPE ...
DUMP AND BAKE BRATWURST WITH POTATOES AND SAUERKRAUT
You'll also love