HERBY BREAD-AND-BUTTER STUFFING FOR TWO
This fairly classic stuffing recipe has been scaled down to feed two (generously). Filled with buttery sautéed shallots and plenty of herbs, it's rich and soft in the center, and golden and crunchy on top. A small shallow gratin dish, about 6 inches in diameter, is your best option for baking, but any dish, loaf pan, or skillet with a 3- to 4-cup capacity will work.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories stuffing and dressing, side dish
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a small, shallow gratin dish, casserole dish or loaf pan with a 3- to 4-cup capacity.
- In a small skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Stir in shallots and a large pinch of salt. Cook until soft and just starting to brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in marjoram and cook for 1 minute longer.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup broth, egg, chopped herbs and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Fold in bread and shallots, letting the bread absorb the liquid. It should be very moist. (If the mixture seems dry, add more stock a little at a time, using up to another 1/4 cup.)
- Spoon stuffing into the prepared baking dish and grind some black pepper onto the top. Cut the remaining tablespoon butter into small pieces and scatter over the top. Bake until golden brown and firm, about 30 minutes. Serve hot or warm.
REALLY EASY BREAD STUFFING
Delicious and super simple to make! This is the stuffing to make if you're looking for simplicity in your stuffing. You can use either fresh or stale bread in this recipe.
Provided by Katie
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Moisten all the bread with as much water as is needed to make moist. Add the onion, seasoning, and salt and pepper. Mix with hands.
- Place in turkey or in foil and wrap up (which I do) and cook for at least 1 hour, longer if you are cooking it in the turkey. May open the foil for last 15 minutes to make top crusty.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 248.4 calories, Carbohydrate 47.6 g, Fat 3 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 7.1 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 619.1 mg, Sugar 4.5 g
BREAD STUFFING WITH SAGE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On two rimmed baking sheets, arrange bread in a single layer. Bake until dry but not browned, about 14 minutes, tossing bread and rotating sheets halfway through. Transfer to a large bowl. (To store, let cool completely and keep in a resealable plastic bag at room temperature, up to 1 week.)
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium. Add celery and onion; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables soften, about 8 minutes. Add sage and celery seed and cook 3 minutes more. Transfer to bowl with bread. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs and broth. Add to bread mixture and toss to combine.
- Reserve 4 cups stuffing for turkey. Spoon remaining stuffing into a buttered 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Cover with buttered foil; refrigerate until ready to bake. Bake at 350 degrees until warmed through, about 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 425 g, Fat 14 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 14 g
THE BEST STUFFING RECIPE
An Old Fashioned Bread Stuffing is a classic recipe for stuffing made with bread cubes, sauteed onions, celery, and butter.
Provided by Kristen Chidsey
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cut the bread into 1-inch cubes and arrange it onto a baking sheet. Allow the bread to dry out for 3-12 hours.
- Grease an 8x8 or 2-quart baking dish with butter. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt 1/4 cup (or 1/2 stick) butter in a large heavy-bottomed skillet, over medium-low heat.
- Add onions, celery, and fresh thyme leaves to the skillet. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Saute veggies until softened slightly, about 7 minutes.
- Place the bread cubes in a large mixing bowl. Add in the sauteed veggies and another pinch of salt and pepper. Toss well.
- Add in the chicken stock, 1 cup at a time, and toss until bread cubes are moistened completely. You want the bread to be wet and softened, but not drenched in liquid or soggy. You may not use all the liquid.
- Pour the prepared stuffing into the prepared baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes covered. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until the top is golden.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 235 kcal, Carbohydrate 32 g, Protein 7 g, Fat 8 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Cholesterol 17 mg, Sodium 588 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 5 g, ServingSize 1 serving
Make room on your plate for this classic bread stuffing recipe that's the essential side dish for every holiday gathering. With the perfect blend of hearty herbs, buttery goodness and warm, yeasty bread, this Thanksgiving bread dressing recipe will be your family's go-to classic for years to come.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Melt butter in 4-quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Cook celery and onion in butter 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Remove Dutch oven from the heat.
- Gently toss celery mixture and remaining ingredients, using spoon, until bread cubes are evenly coated.
- Use to stuff one 10- to 12-pound turkey. Or to bake stuffing separately, grease 3-quart casserole or rectangular baking dish, 13x9x2 inches. Place stuffing in casserole or baking dish. Cover with lid or aluminum foil and bake at 325°F for 30 minutes; uncover and bake 15 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 250, Carbohydrate 20 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Fat 3, Fiber 1 g, Protein 10 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, ServingSize 1/2 Cup, Sodium 540 mg
HERB BREAD STUFFING
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and saute until soft, about 5 minutes. Add celery, parsley, salt, pepper and herbs and cook for 5 minutes. Place in a large bowl, add bread and broth and toss to combine. Let cool.
- Fill the bird loosely with stuffing; place any remaining stuffing in a casserole and moisten with additional chicken broth. Roast the bird. Bake the extra stuffing, covered, for about 30 minutes, before serving.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 262, UnsaturatedFat 3 grams, Carbohydrate 42 grams, Fat 7 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 8 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 431 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams, TransFat 0 grams
My family loves stuffing. It occurred to me that if the traditional seasonings could be incorporated into the bread itself, I wouldn't have to start with plain bread cubes to make my stuffing. So I came up with this savory recipe. Last year, I gave loaves to friends as holiday gifts. They loved it.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 19
- In a bowl, combine 2 cups flour, yeast, sugar and seasonings. Add water and oil; beat just until moistened. Add egg and beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. , Punch dough down. Shape into a large round loaf. Place on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes. Bake at 375° for 25-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool. , To make stuffing, cut cooled bread into 1-in. slices and then into cubes. Let stand for 24 hours to dry. In a large bowl, combine the bread cubes, eggs, butter and enough broth to achieve desired moistness. Stir to blend. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 60 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts :
CLASSIC BREAD STUFFING WITH ONIONS, CELERY, AND HERBS
- In a big skillet, melt the butter over medium heat; add in onions, celery, and celery leaves.
- Cook, stirring often, until the onions are golden, about 8 minutes.
- Scrape the vegetable mixture into a big bowl; mix in the bread cubes, parsley, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Gradually stir in about 1 ½ cups of broth, until the stuffing is evenly moistened but not soggy.
- Transfer stuffing to a lightly buttered casserole dish; drizzle with ½ cup broth, cover, and bake in a preheated 350° oven for 30-45 minutes (if you like crusty stuffing, remove foil the last 15 minutes of baking).
More about "bread and butter stuffing recipes"
OLD FASHIONED BREAD AND CELERY DRESSING OR STUFFING ...
EASY STUFFING RECIPE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
TRADITIONAL BREAD STUFFING RECIPE - BROWN EYED BAKER
OLD-FASHIONED BREAD STUFFING | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
THE BEST TRADITIONAL STUFFING RECIPE | FOODIECRUSH .COM
EASY BREAD STUFFING RECIPE - SIZZLING EATS
CLASSIC BREAD STUFFING RECIPE - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
10 BEST BASIC BREAD CRUMB STUFFING RECIPES | YUMMLY
THE BEST STUFFING RECIPE - THE GIRL WHO ATE EVERYTHING
CLASSIC BREAD STUFFING RECIPE - BROWN EYED BAKER
BROWN BUTTER STUFFING RECIPE | VERMONT CREAMERY
CLASSIC ROAST CHICKEN WITH BREAD AND BUTTER STUFFING ...
CLASSIC BREAD STUFFING RECIPE - LIFEMADEDELICIOUS.CA
BREAD AND BUTTER STUFFING WITH FRESH SAGE RECIPE ...
BROWNED BUTTER THANKSGIVING DRESSING RECIPE | LAND O ...
STUFFING RECIPE - COOKING CLASSY
BEST STUFFING RECIPE - OUR FAVORITE BUTTERY HERB STUFFING
CLASSIC BREAD STUFFING WITH AN OVEN-BAKED OPTION - SEASONS ...
EASY BREAD STUFFING - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
BREAD & BUTTER HOLIDAY STUFFING - JAKE & AMOS
BREAD STUFFING | BUTTERBALL®
BREAD STUFFING AND DRESSING RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
EASY CLASSIC BREAD STUFFING • NOW COOK THIS!
BUTTER AND HERB STUFFING - CANYON BAKEHOUSE
BEST BREAD STUFFING - CANADIANCOOKINGADVENTURES.COM
BREAD AND BUTTER STUFFING - RECIPECIRCUS.COM
BREAD AND BUTTER STUFFING WITH FRESH SAGE RECIPE
BUTTER STUFFING RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
BREAD AND BUTTER STUFFING - RECIPECIRCUS.COM
POTATO AND BREAD STUFFING | THE ENGLISH KITCHEN
HOMEMADE STUFFING | TRADITIONAL BREAD STUFFING RECIPE ...
DOUBLE BREAD STUFFING WITH BROWN BUTTER, BACON & SAGE ...
TRADITIONAL CLASSIC BREAD STUFFING RECIPE
EASY STUFFING RECIPE FOR THANKSGIVING - SUGAR AND CHARM
BREAD STUFFING FOR TWO - CULINARY HILL
30 MOREISH STUFFED BREAD RECIPES - HALF-SCRATCHED
BREAD AND BUTTER STUFFING RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING ...
You'll also love