MOM'S SWEET RICE CEREAL
Do you like Oatmeal? Hot cereal? This is another great recipe handed down. Doesn't matter how old you are, when you are sick you want your Mom! Recently while being sick and not having much of an appetite, I remembered this hot cereal my mom made us girls while growing up. It's quick, comforting and sweet (But not too sweet ;) ) My mom always made this with Recipe #199171 .... you will love it and so will the kids.
Provided by Vseward Chef-V
Yield 1-2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a medium saucepan -- bring water and 1/2 Tbl butter to boil.
- Add rice and stir to combine. Remove from Heat and cover 5 minutes.
- Add sugar and 1/2 Tbl butter, stir to combine.Serve in your favorite cereal bowl, add milk and sprinkle with cinnamon Sugar mixture.
ESALEN BROWN RICE BREAKFAST CEREAL
This recipe is from the Esalen cookbook. I have made it several times. You can use soy, rice or almond milk if you have milk allergies. It keeps you full all morning. I like it with a dollop of yogurt on top.
Provided by AddieRose
Yield 4 Cups, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine cooked brown rice and all other ingredients in a bowl or large Tupperware. Stir to combine.
- Put in the fridge for 12 hours or overnight (this allows the rice, fruit and nuts to soak up the milk and spices).
- Warm and serve. This is good with a dollop of yogurt!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 583.8, Fat 18.8, SaturatedFat 3.8, Cholesterol 1.2, Sodium 839.6, Carbohydrate 91.2, Fiber 5.6, Sugar 9.2, Protein 14.8
CREAMY RICE CEREAL (VEGAN)
Easy and healthy breakfast recipe. In Asia it's expensive to buy imported cerals from the states and my family has become used to finding other types of "cereal" to eat! This is a great way to make cereal out of leftover rice for us! I'm surprised we found this in a cookbook and hadn't figured it out on our own yet. This is from the Brackett's 7 Secrets Cookbook to lose weight, lower cholesterol, and reverse diabetes. Preparation time doesn't include cooking the rice.
Provided by Enjolinfam
Yield 6 cups, 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Blend together the cocnut or soy milk, banana, juice, and coconut extract.
- Place rice in a casserole dish that is sprayed with a nonstick spray or you can use a little oil. Fold in the crushed pineapple and raisins. Stir in the blended milk and juice.
- Bake a 350 degrees F about 20 minutes until hot enough to serve, or about 8 minutes in the microwave.
HOT RICE CEREAL WITH NUTS AND RAISINS
- In a medium pot, combine rice, milk, and maple syrup over medium-high. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened slightly, 3 minutes. Divide among four bowls and top with almonds and raisins. Serve with nutmeg or cinnamon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 341 g, Fat 8 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 9 g, SaturatedFat 3 g
More about "breakfast brown rice cereal recipes"
COOKED RICE CEREAL RECIPE | MRBREAKFAST.COM
BROWN RICE HOT CEREAL RECIPE | MRBREAKFAST.COM
BREAKFAST RICE (HOT CEREAL) RECIPE | MRBREAKFAST.COM
COUNTRY RICE CEREAL | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE COMMUNITY!
RECIPE SHOWDOWN! BROWN RICE HOT CEREALS (OATMEAL ...
10 BEST BROWN RICE BREAKFAST RECIPES | YUMMLY
BROWN RICE CEREAL | BACKPACKING BREAKFAST | TRAIL RECIPES
HOMEMADE BROWN RICE HOT CEREAL RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (4)Total Time 10 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 2751 per serving
- In clean, dry skillet (preferably cast iron) toast brown rice on medium heat. Lower heat if rice starts to smoke.
- Toast rice for about 10 minutes, stirring constantly so that grains do not burn. Rice should turn a medium brown. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In blender fitted with steel blade, or in grain mill or food processor grind browned rice to the consistency of medium coarse cornmeal (grainy but not powdered.).
- The grinding process will have to be done in 3/4 cup portions to allow the rice grains to grind effectively.
BROWN RICE PUDDING - HEALTHY RICE PUDDING RECIPE FOR BREAKFAST
4.4/5 (39)Total Time 16 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 569 per serving
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown rice, milk, butter, and cinnamon. Bring to a gentle simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Divide between two bowls, and top with your choice of garnishes and the remaining banana slices. I used dried Mission figs and pepitas for the photos.
HOMEMADE BROWN RICE CEREAL | WEELICIOUS
- 1. Place the brown rice in a spice grinder or blender for 45 seconds-1 minute or until finely ground.
- * At this point you can store the rice powder in a sealed container in the refrigerator or in a cool dark place.To make 1 serving for a 4-6 month old baby:1. Bring 1/2 cup of water to a boil and sprinkle in 2 tbsp of the ground brown rice. 2. Whisk continuously for 30 seconds and then occasionally for 4-5 minutes or until the mixture is thick and creamy to prevent any lumps from forming. 3. Serve as is or with one of the additions below.
BROWN RICE CEREAL WITH MANGO RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
4.5/5 (11)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory Breakfast, BrunchCalories 269 per serving
HOT BROWN RICE CEREAL WITH ALMONDS AND GOLDEN RAISINS ...
Reviews 11Estimated Reading Time 1 minServings 3-4
BREAKFAST RICE CEREAL | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
3.3/5 (3)Calories 124 per servingTotal Time 20 mins
BROWN RICE BREAKFAST RECIPE | MRBREAKFAST.COM
8 BREAKFAST RICE BOWLS FOR A HEARTY MORNING MEAL | …
Author Hayley SuggEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
BROWN RICE BREAKFAST CEREAL | PERFECT COMPANY
BARBARA'S ORGANIC BROWN RICE CRISPS CEREAL - BARBARA'S ...
BROWN RICE KRISPIES CEREAL - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
SPROUTED BROWN RICE CEREAL - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
BREAKFAST BROWN RICE CEREAL RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
BREAKFAST BROWN RICE CEREAL RECIPES
BROWN RICE BREAKFAST CEREAL - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make brown rice cereal?DIRECTIONS 1 In a medium saucepan -- bring water and 1/2 Tbl butter to boil. 2 Add rice and stir to combine. Remove from Heat and cover 5 minutes. 3 Add sugar and 1/2 Tbl butter, stir to combine.Serve in your favorite cereal bowl, add milk and sprinkle with cinnamon Sugar mixture.
What is brownbrown rice?Brown rice is cooked down with milk, blueberries, cinnamon, and honey until irresistibly creamy. Dress up your dish with freshly chopped fruit and nuts for a well-rounded breakfast bowl. Recipe submitter caquilter learned how to make this scrumptious breakfast bowl from friends on a trip to Tokyo.
Does brown rice cereal need to be refrigerated?The cereal must be kept either refrigerated or frozen. Brown rice goes rancid quickly if stored in cupboard. To prepare hot cereal: (1 serving/thick consistency*). In small saucepan with 1 cup of rapidly boiling, salted water gradually add 1/3 cup scant of prepared brown rice cereal using a fork to stir well.
Is brown rice cereal a good first meal for a baby?It's a shocking thing to admit given that it's almost as simple a recipe as boiling water. All you need is a blender and brown rice -- it's truly the easiest meal you can make for your baby. Packed with iron, magnesium and other vitamins and minerals, homemade brown rice cereal makes a perfect first food for babies.