STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS
Is this an accidental tribute dish for Bobby Flay or really one of my favorite new side dishes? The answer is: yes. Both are true. I started stuffing poblano peppers over the summer and found myself making the dish time and time again. Each time the recipe would change a little, grow, evolve. But the ingredients stayed basically the same. Poblanos are known for their heat, but are rarely celebrated for their glorious floral notes and great texture. This dish brings those lesser-known qualities to the forefront. This dish will blow the lid off the sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts at the holiday table. May as well get rid of the green bean casserole because this is where it's at for Christmas 2015!
Provided by Alex Guarnaschelli
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the tomato halves flesh-side up in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. In a medium bowl, whisk together 4 tablespoons of the olive oil, the confectioners' sugar, red pepper flakes and 2 teaspoons salt. Spread the mixture evenly over the tomato halves. Roast the tomatoes until tender, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat and add half of the canola oil. When it begins to smoke lightly, add half of the poblanos and cook to tenderize without making them mushy. Using a slotted spoon, remove the peppers to a baking sheet, cavity-side up. Repeat with the remaining poblanos and canola oil. Season with salt and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the 3 tablespoons of the olive oil and the thyme. As the oil heats, the thyme will fry and become crispy. Use a slotted spoon to remove the thyme sprigs, then season with salt and cool. Add the bell peppers to the same skillet and season with salt. Cook over high heat, stirring with a wooden spoon, until the peppers brown slightly but are still slightly firm, 3 to 5 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove the peppers and transfer to a medium bowl. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to the skillet, heat until it begins to smoke lightly, and add the garlic and onions. Reduce the heat to medium. Season with salt and cook until the onions are lightly brown and tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the onions to the bell peppers.
- Quarter the oven-dried tomatoes and add to the pepper and onion mix. Chop the basil leaves and stir into the filling along with the red wine vinegar and mozzarella. Pull the thyme leaves off the stems and add to the mixture. Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the breadcrumbs, Parmesan and melted butter. Stuff each pepper halfway with the filling, and then top with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat the peppers in the oven to brown the tops, 10 to 12 minutes. Arrange on a platter and drizzle with the balsamic vinegar to serve.
BREAKFAST STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS
This is a healthy and tasty way to liven up your morning scrambled eggs. The measurements and ingredients can be altered to fit your own tastes. I always just use what I have on hand. Serve with your favorite salsa!
Provided by dooolay7
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven or toaster oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Lightly coat both sides of poblano pepper with olive oil; place pepper, opened like a butterfly with cut side up, onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until pepper is tender and skin starts to brown, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Whisk eggs and milk together in a bowl; fold in tomato, mushroom, green onion, cilantro, salt, and black pepper.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir egg mixture in the melted butter until eggs are set, about 5 minutes. Spoon egg mixture into poblano pepper and top with Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake in the oven until cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 358.8 calories, Carbohydrate 9.5 g, Cholesterol 407.8 mg, Fat 27.2 g, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 21 g, SaturatedFat 12.4 g, Sodium 353.4 mg, Sugar 4.7 g
EASY STUFFED POBLANOS
My partner adores these saucy stuffed peppers-and I love how quickly they come together. Top with low-fat sour cream and your favorite salsa. -Jean Erhardt, Portland, Oregon
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat broiler. In a large skillet, cook turkey and beef over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes, breaking into crumbles; drain., Prepare rice according to package directions. Add rice to meat mixture., Cut peppers lengthwise in half; remove seeds. Place on a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan, cut side down. Broil 4 in. from heat until skins blister, about 5 minutes. With tongs, turn peppers. , Fill with turkey mixture; top with enchilada sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Broil until cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes longer. If desired, top with cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 312 calories, Fat 13g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 63mg cholesterol, Sodium 1039mg sodium, Carbohydrate 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 22g protein.
STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS
Red (ripe) pablano peppers with spiced soy-rizo, tomato, and rice stuffing. It's savory with a kick. This recipe sprung up from what was in my kitchen.
Provided by domestication in pr
Yield 6 pepper halves, 3 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Set the rice to cook. (Usually one cup of rice requires 2 cups of water, but the amount of water varies by type of rice--check your package. Add rice to boiling water, bring to a boil again while stirring, and then cover and simmer on low, stirring occasionally until water is absorbed.).
- Wash the peppers. Sear under a broiler. If your broiler is a separate unit under your stove (like mine is), and you can't control the distance away from it, then you'll want to cut your peppers in half lengthwise first, and broil them rounded side up. If you can give them 4 or 5 inches from the broiler, then you can broil them whole, turning them every few minutes, and cut them afterwards. Either way, broil the peppers until the skin is blistered and blackened (10-20 minutes).
- While the peppers are cooking, mince the garlic and fry in the olive oil on low-medium heat in a medium-sized pan, for 5 minutes. During this you can chop the onion and cilantro.
- Turn the heat to medium, and add the soy-rizo, and cook for 3-5 minutes. Deglaze the pan with the cooking wine, getting all of the soy-rizo off of the bottom.
- Drain most of the liquid from the canned tomatoes, and add them, cooking for 2-3 minutes. While the tomatoes are cooking add the spices. Green peppercorns are optional because not everyone has them, and serranos are optional because not everyone will want the extra spice. If you don't use green peppercorn, I'd recommend black pepper (crushed) to give it some of that flavor.
- About this time, both the rice and the peppers should be finishing. Add the rice to the other sauce ingredients to taste (I ended up using about half. If you like your food more calm, you can add more, or you can use less to get more of a kick). Add the onion (raw).
- Place the peppers cut-side-up on a dish, and spoon in the filling. We ate 4 of the halves before I got to take a picture--they were that good! But they look very presentable if you arrange them around the rim of a round plate, narrow ends facing the center.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 469.9, Fat 15.7, SaturatedFat 2.2, Sodium 298.3, Carbohydrate 73.3, Fiber 7.4, Sugar 5.9, Protein 7.9
More about "breakfast stuffed poblano peppers recipes"
ROASTED POBLANO BREAKFAST CASSEROLE – ERICA'S RECIPES
KETO MEXICAN CHEESE & CHICKEN STUFFED POBLANO …
CHICKEN STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS (FOR BREAKFAST) RECIPE - A SPICY …
5/5 (7)Calories 429 per servingCategory Breakfast
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Place four poblano peppers on a rimmed baking sheet and roasted in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until the skin is bubbly.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the butter to the skillet and once melted, add the hash browns. Liberally salt and pepper the hash browns, then brown for 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden and crispy. Lower the heat to low.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs until frothy, then stir in the sun dried tomatoes, scallions, and Quesadilla Cheese. Pour the mixture over the hash browns and stir to combine. Cook the egg mixture for 2-3 minutes until just-under-cooked, but scoopable. Remove from heat.
- Remove any loose skin from the top of the poblano peppers. Gently cut a slit in the top of each pepper and scoop out the seeds. Then spoon the egg mixture into the poblano peppers. Reshape the peppers with your hands.
STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS | THE RECIPE CRITIC
4.8/5 (5)Total Time 37 minsCategory DinnerCalories 567 per serving
- Slice the poblano peppers in half and remove the seeds and membrane. Rub with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Arrange on a baking sheet and roast for 10-12 minutes until softened.
- While the peppers are baking, heat the remaining olive oil in a large skillet and saute the onion and garlic until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and spices, cooking and breaking up with a spoon until the meat is cooked through and browned.
BREAKFAST STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS - BLAZERS AND BUBBLY BY JULIE …
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
BREAKFAST STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS - PLAID & PALEO
STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS - DINNER AT THE ZOO
STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS WITH EGGS, CHORIZO, AND BLACK BEANS
STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS - GREAT GRUB, DELICIOUS TREATS
EASY BREAKFAST TACO STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS | MY LAVENDER BLUES
KETO STUFFED BREAKFAST PEPPERS - DELIGHTFULLY LOW CARB
BREAKFAST STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS | PUNCHFORK
15 RECIPES WITH POBLANO PEPPERS (EASY) - LEARN
BREAKFAST STUFFED PEPPERS - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
THE BEST STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS - THE CHEESE KNEES
25 IDEAS FOR STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS - KELLEY NAN
SOUTHWEST STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS - CREME DE LA CRUMB
BREAKFAST STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS - DIETA EFECTIVA
CARNITAS STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS - DOWNSHIFTOLOGY
STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS - SLENDER KITCHEN
STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS - THE SALTY MARSHMALLOW
BOBBY FLAY STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS - CHEFS & RECIPES
LEAN UP YOUR BREAKFAST WITH THESE BEEF AND EGG STUFFED POBLANO …
STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS - SAVOR THE BEST
ON THE BORDER FIRE-ROASTED STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS RECIPE
10 BEST STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS GROUND BEEF RECIPES | YUMMLY
3-INGREDIENT GRILLED STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS - AMBITIOUS KITCHEN
BREAKFAST STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS RECIPE
VEGAN STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
BREAKFAST STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS - LISA G COOKS
STUFFED POBLANO PEPPER RECIPE - TWO PEAS & THEIR POD
25 POBLANO PEPPER RECIPES FOR DINNER TONIGHT - INSANELY GOOD
POBLANO PEPPER RECIPES -- 7 TASTY OPTIONS! | MEXICAN PLEASE
POBLANO PEPPERS STUFFED WITH TACO-SEASONED GROUND BEEF
8 STUFFED POBLANO PEPPER RECIPES TO TRY ASAP | ALLRECIPES
BREAKFAST STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS | RECIPE IN 2022 | STUFFED …
10 BEST STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS GROUND BEEF RECIPES | YUMMLY
CAULIFLOWER STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS RECIPE - GREEN GIANT
RECIPE FOR STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS BEST RECIPES
BEEF STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS - KATHRYN'S KITCHEN
20 NO-PROBLEMO POBLANO PEPPER RECIPES - FOOD.COM
BREAKFAST STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS RECIPE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook poblano peppers for breakfast?Breakfast Stuffed Poblano Peppers are mildly smoky and stuffed with eggs, hash brown potatoes, and Mexican-style cheese! Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Place four poblano peppers on a rimmed baking sheet and roasted in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until the skin is bubbly. Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat.
How do you cook stuffed Poblanos?A variation of jalapeno poppers, these substantial stuffed poblanos with cheese and bacon are the perfect option for dinner! Combine softened cream cheese, sharp cheddar, scallions, and bacon, and stir together well Spoon filling into pepper halves and set each on baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until peppers are cooked and tender. ENJOY!
What are poblano peppers stuffed with?“A recipe for earthy poblano peppers that have been roasted and stuffed with cream cheese and white cheddar cheese, then grilled or baked until the insides are gooey. One of my favorite stuffed pepper recipes!”
How do you cook poblano peppers and ground beef?Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Lay the poblano peppers on the pan in a single layer. Bake the peppers for 10-15 minutes or until softened. Heat the oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add the ground beef and cook for 5-6 minutes, breaking up the meat with a spatula, until the meat is cooked through.