BROILED FLOUNDER WITH BUTTER AND LEMON
- Pre-heat broiler. In a glass baking dish add the lemon juice, chili flake, butter and olive oil. Place in oven for about one minute, just long enough to melt the butter and remove.
- Season fish lightly with salt and pepper. Dredge the fish in the melted butter-lemon mixture and place under broiler for 6 to 8 minutes. To serve place on a serving plate and spoon the sauce from the dish on top.
- Note: Broilers that are under the oven can be too hot for this dish. Ideally you want the dish to broil at least ten to twelve inches below the fire. If your broiler is too close to the fish then use the same method except bake the fish in a 500 degree oven for a very similar effect.
My mom passed away before she could give me her recipe, but I think I got it close. It is a simple way to do a great fish, if your lucky enough to get a whole flounder.
Provided by Tread
Yield 1 Fish, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat brolier on high.
- Score the fish in two or three spots on the dark side.
- Melt butter and worcestershire sauce with juce from half a lemon and garlic.
- Rub fish down with salt and pepper on both sides, depending on the size of your fish you might need more or less salt and pepper.
- Put fish under the broiler for 3 minuets.
- Slide the fish out of the broiler and paint it with butter and garlic sauce every minuet or so untill the fish is done. I follow this rule: if you can stick a toothpick into the widest part of the fish, then place the toothpick to your lips and the toothpick is warm, your fish is done.
- When fish is done drizzle with the juice from the other half of your lemon.
- I like putting the whole fish on the table and let everybody digin.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 114.4, Fat 11.6, SaturatedFat 7.3, Cholesterol 30.5, Sodium 725.1, Carbohydrate 3.4, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 0.8, Protein 0.5
FLAVORFUL FLOUNDER FOR THE OVEN
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Prepare a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Season both sides of flounder fillets with salt. Place into the prepared baking dish. Brush 1 tablespoon lemon juice over fillets.
- Mix remaining lemon juice, Parmesan cheese, melted butter, mayonnaise, and green onions in a bowl; spoon over the fillets.
- Bake flounder in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Switch oven to broil; broil fillets until the tops are just browned, 3 to 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 215.7 calories, Carbohydrate 1 g, Cholesterol 81.9 mg, Fat 12.7 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 23.5 g, SaturatedFat 5.4 g, Sodium 312.8 mg, Sugar 0.3 g
BROILED FLOUNDER (SO EASY!)
This is one of the easiest ways to prepare fish. We ate lots of flounder growning up. I say that tongue-in-cheek. We actually did eat lots of fish, but for some reason when she was really little my baby sister declared the only fish she liked was flounder. So whenever we had fish, no matter what kind it was, if somewhat asked what kind of fish it was we always answered, "Flounder (wink,wink)."
Provided by mailbelle
Categories Very Low Carbs
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Line a shallow baking pan with aluminum foil. Lightly brush foil with small amount of butter.
- Arrange fish fillets on foil. Brush fillets with remaining butter. Sprinkle Old Bay Seasoning on fillets.
- Broil five inches from heat 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Squeeze lemon wedges over fillets.
BROILED FLOUNDER WITH HERBS & PAPRIKA RECIPE - (3.5/5)
Provided by Wewah
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Lay the flounder fillets on a grill pan Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, basil, oregano, thyme, paprika, & garlic together. Brush the flounders with the mixture and broil for 6-8 minutes.
BROILED FLOUNDER WITH BREAD CRUMB TOPPING
Categories Fish Broil Quick & Easy Mayonnaise Bell Pepper Gourmet
Yield Serves 2
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a heavy skillet cook onion, bell pepper, and garlic in oil over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened and stir in bread crumbs and salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat broiler.
- On a work surface arrange flounder skinned sides up and spread top with mayonnaise. Sprinkle flounder with bread crumb mixture and on oiled rack of a broiler pan broil about 6 inches from heat until cooked through, about 6 minutes.
BROILED MUSTARD-CRUSTED FLOUNDER
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Ingredients Seafood Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat broiler, with rack in top position. Combine yogurt, mustard, capers, and 1 teaspoon oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pat fillets dry with paper towels. Coat one side of fillets with 1 teaspoon oil and arrange, oil side down, on sheet. Spread yogurt mixture on fillets. Broil until fish is opaque throughout and yogurt mixture is bubbling and browned in spots, about 5 minutes. Toss greens with remaining 2 teaspoons oil, season with salt and pepper. Serve fillets with greens and lemon wedges.
LEMON MUSTARD BROILED FLOUNDER
- 1. Place the butter in a small bowl and combine with the mustard, parsley, and lemon zest. Set aside.
- 2. Arrange the oven or broiler rack 4 inches from the heat. Preheat the broiler. Line 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil. Oil the foil lightly. Evenly space 4 flounder fillets on each of the baking sheets.
- 3. Spread about 1 1/2 teaspoons of the butter mixture atop each fish fillet. Broil for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the fish is lightly browned on top and just cooked through. Do not overcook.
- 4. Serve immediately, garnished with a flourish of clover sprouts and a lemon quarter.
More about "broiled flounder recipes"
BROILED FLOUNDER RECIPE | CAJUN COOKING TV
THE BEST WAY TO COOK FLOUNDER [10 DELICIOUS FLOUNDER …
PARMESAN BROILED FLOUNDER | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY …
10 BEST GRILLED FLOUNDER RECIPES | YUMMLY
BROILED FLOUNDER WITH LEMON CREAM SAUCE - SPICY …
GREAT GRILLED FLOUNDER RECIPE | RECIPELAND
10 BEST BROILED FLOUNDER FILLETS RECIPES | YUMMLY
BROILED FLOUNDER RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
GRILLED FLOUNDER RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
HOW TO BROIL FLOUNDER FILLETS | LIVESTRONG
Author Serena Styles
21 EASY FLOUNDER RECIPES FOR A WEEKNIGHT DINNER - COASTAL …
EASY 10 MINUTE BARBECUED FLOUNDER RECIPE WITH SRIRACHA BUTTER
RECIPE: BROILED FLOUNDER
BROILED FLOUNDER WITH HERB MAYONNAISE - RECIPES FOR REPAIR
15 EASY FLOUNDER RECIPES - TOP RECIPES
BROILED FLOUNDER - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
BROILED WHOLE FLOUNDER RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
PARMESAN BROILED FLOUNDER HEALTHY EATING AT ITS TASTIEST
ZESTY BROILED FLOUNDER RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BROILED FLOUNDER AMANDINE – RANTS RAVES AND RECIPES
LEMON-MUSTARD BROILED FLOUNDER - GREAT EASTERN SUN
THE 20 BEST FLOUNDER RECIPES - GYPSYPLATE
LEMON-GARLIC BROILED FLOUNDER WITH SPINACH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
FLOUNDER RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
BROILED FLOUNDER - EVERYBODYLOVESITALIAN.COM
HOW TO BLACKEN FLOUNDER & SNAPPER (SIMPLE & DELICIOUS RECIPE)
BAKED FLOUNDER WITH LEMON GARLIC AND BUTTER
FLOUNDER RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
20 BEST FLOUNDER RECIPES WE ADORE - INSANELY GOOD
23 BEST BROILED FLOUNDER RECIPE IDEAS IN 2022 - PINTEREST
BROILED FLOUNDER FILLET RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
FLOUNDER RECIPES & RECIPE IDEAS
BROILED FLOUNDER - BIGOVEN.COM
CHEESY BROILED FLOUNDER RECIPE - RECIPELAND.COM
BROILED WHOLE FLOUNDER RECIPE | THE CRAB PLACE
25 AMAZING FLOUNDER RECIPES - SIX CLEVER SISTERS
BAKED LEMON BUTTER FLOUNDER | THE BLOND COOK
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #main-dish #seafood #american #southern-united-states #easy #fish #creole #saltwater-fish #sole-and-flounder
You'll also love