ARROZ CON POLLO WITH BROWN RICE
This hearty chicken and rice dish is made with whole grain brown rice for a feast of comforting flavors in every bite!
Provided by Carolina® Rice
Number Of Ingredients 17
- This one-pot Arroz con Pollo dish is loaded with seasonings, tomatoes and whole grain Carolina® Brown Rice for the ultimate chicken and rice dinner. Step 1
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and cumin. Heat oil in Dutch oven or large saucepan set over medium heat; cook chicken, turning once, for 5 to 8 minutes or until starting to brown. Transfer to plate. Step 2
- Stir onion, bell pepper and garlic into pan; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly softened. Stir in rice, olives, capers and smoked paprika. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Step 3
- Stir in broth, tomatoes, and bay leaves; bring to boil. Return chicken to pan. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook for 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Step 4
- Stir in peas; cover and cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Discard bay leaves. Fluff with fork; stir in parsley. Tip For a Thanksgiving dish, substitute turkey and turkey broth for chicken and chicken broth, stirring in 2 tbsp chopped herbs, such as sage, rosemary and thyme. You can also try this recipe with white rice.
BROWN ARROZ CON POLLO (BROWN RICE WITH CHICKEN)
trying to use brown rice more and had some leftover bbq chicken from when i made 2 Recipe #297657...this is what i came up with. modelled after my original arroz con pollo recipe except much easier! you dont have to use the exact same chicken parts that i used, just enough for 6 people...a store bought rotisserie chicken would work great! i have found that this is the best way to cook brown rice so its not mushy like oatmeal..thanks again PanNan!!
Provided by catalinacrawler
Categories < 4 Hours
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- bring 8 cups of water seasoned with boullion to a boil then add rice.
- let boil for 30 minutes, drain and return to pot. cover and let steam for 15 minutes.
- in the meantime chop veggies and pull chicken apart in chunks.
- once the rice is in the steaming phase heat the beans and peas on low in separate pots til warm.
- while thats going heat oil in large skillet with high walls or dutch oven & saute onions, peppers & garlic til soft.
- add the chicken, chicken broth, canned tomatoes and all seasonings except cilantro and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes or until the chicken is heated through.
- drain peas and beans and add to the pot.
- stir in steamed rice when done, sprinkle with cilantro & let simmer until excess water is boiled off (if necessary).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 485.1, Fat 15.8, SaturatedFat 4, Cholesterol 72.7, Sodium 374.1, Carbohydrate 53.6, Fiber 10.5, Sugar 5.8, Protein 32.5
BROWN ARROZ CON POLLO (BROWN RICE AND CHICKEN)
- Saute chicken strips in nonstick skillet until white, about 5 minutes.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- In large skillet, bring all other ingredients, except peas, to a boil. Cover and simmer about 45 minutes, until rice has absorbed liquid. Add peas and chicken, remove from heat and let steam.
- Makes 6 servings.
RICE WITH CHICKEN: ARROZ CON POLLO
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and lime juice. In a large casserole or dutch oven, heat the olive oil. Brown the chicken, remove the chicken from the pan, and set aside.
- Add the onions, peppers, and garlic to the casserole. Cook until translucent. Add the tomato sauce, cumin, and bay leaf; cook for another 5 minutes. Add the chicken, wine, beer, and sherry, and cook for 5 to 8 minutes. Add the stock, bring to a boil, and adjust the seasoning. Add the drained rice and the saffron.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, cover, and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the rice from the oven and add the peas, fluffing the rice and mixing in the peas at the same time. Serve hot.
ARROZ CON POLLO (RICE WITH CHICKEN)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Add 3 drumsticks and 3 thighs to the Dutch oven and cook until browned on both sides, 7 to 8 minutes. Remove the chicken pieces with a slotted spoon and set aside. Repeat with the remaining drumsticks and thighs.
- Add the onions and peppers to the pot and cook until the onions are translucent, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the garlic and saute for about 1 minute. Add the paprika, cumin, saffron and bay leaves, stirring until incorporated. Next, add the diced tomatoes, chicken broth, beer, rice and 1 teaspoon salt; mix well. Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer.
- Return the chicken pieces to the pot, cover, and transfer to the oven for 20 minutes. Remove the pot from the oven, add the peas and pimientos, then cover and return to the oven until the rice is completely tender, another 5 to 10 minutes.
PERUVIAN ARROZ CON POLLO (PERUVIAN RICE AND CHICKEN)
This is a Peruvian rice and chicken dish made with cilantro and a special Peruvian kick. It's very delicious, my Peruvian father-in-law said that mine was even better then his sister's - who is one of the best cooks in the family (besides my mother-in-law)! Goes great with Huancaina sauce and salsa Criolla.
Provided by Amber Berrocal
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat with enough oil to coat the bottom. Brown chicken in the hot oil on all sides, 5 to 7 minutes total. Remove chicken onto a plate.
- Pour more oil into the pan and add onion; saute until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in cilantro, chile paste, salt, and pepper and saute until cilantro turns dark green, 3 to 5 minutes. Pour in chicken broth and deglaze, scraping the browned bits off the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Bring to a light simmer; let simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer mixture carefully to an electric blender and puree.
- Heat more oil in the same pan over medium-high heat; saute bell pepper until soft, about 5 minutes. Return cilantro mixture to the pan and add chicken. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until chicken is no longer pink in the center and juices run clear, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the pan. Add water and rice, adding more water if it doesn't look like enough. Bring to a boil; place a lid on the pan, reduce heat to low, and cook until all liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, 20 to 40 minutes. Stir in peas and carrots and chicken and warm through, 5 to 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 501.3 calories, Carbohydrate 60.3 g, Cholesterol 32.8 mg, Fat 20.7 g, Fiber 3.7 g, Protein 18.6 g, SaturatedFat 3.6 g, Sodium 208.7 mg, Sugar 2 g
ARROZ CON POLLO (CHICKEN AND RICE)
The Classic Caribbean and Spanish Meal--Arroz con Pollo--is a popular staple in the Caribbean kitchen. Our chicken and rice is extra special with the addition of Sazon GOYA® with Azafran, which adds color and flavor derived from our unique saffron spice blend. Make Arroz con Pollo tonight--everyone loves an easy rice and chicken dish.
Provided by Goya
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Using paper towels, pat chicken dry. Season chicken with Adobo. Heat oil in caldero, or large heavy pot over medium heat. Cook chicken, in batches, until brown on all sides, 7-10 minutes; set aside.
- Stir onions, peppers and garlic into pot; cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add rice, bouillon and Sazon to pot; cook, stirring constantly, until rice is completely coated in oil mixture, about 1 minute.
- Stir in 3 cups water; bring to a boil. Add alcaparrado and chicken (skin-side up) to pot. Cover pot, reduce heat to low and simmer until water is absorbed, rice is tender and chicken is cooked through, about 25 minutes.
- To serve, using fork, fluff rice; garnish with pimiento strips and peas.
More about "brown arroz con pollo brown rice and chicken recipes"
ARROZ CON POLLO RECIPE WITH BROWN RICE | MAHATMA® RICE
Servings 8Total Time 1 hr 15 mins
ARROZ CON POLLO RECIPE BY BIANCA SANCHEZ - THE DAILY MEAL
ARROZ CON POLLO BURRITOS (RICE AND CHICKEN BURRITOS)
ARROZ CON POLLO (CHICKEN WITH RICE) RECIPE | MYRECIPES
POLLO GUISADO RECIPE WITH BROWN RICE (CHICKEN STEW) - MAHATMA® …
LUXURIOUS SAFFRON CHICKEN RICE (ARROZ CON POLLO) - FAB FOOD FLAVORS
INSTANT POT ARROZ CON POLLO (CHICKEN WITH RICE) RECIPE
ARROZ CON POLLO - CHICKEN & RICE - COSTA RICA
ARROZ CON POLLO - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
SPANISH ARROZ CON POLLO RECIPE (SPANISH CHICKEN AND RICE RECIPE)
ARROZ CON POLLO | CHICKEN.CA
EASY ARROZ CON POLLO + VIDEO (TIPS, TRICKS, STEP BY STEP PHOTOS)
ARROZ CON POLLO (PUERTO RICAN RICE WITH CHICKEN) RECIPE
ARROZ CON POLLO (SPANISH RICE WITH CHICKEN) RECIPE - TELEGRAPH
ARROZ CON POLLO (PUERTO RICAN RICE WITH CHICKEN)
ARROZ CON POLLO WITH BROWN RICE - COOKING IN STILETTOS
ARROZ CON POLLO (CHICKEN WITH BROWN RICE) | SALADMASTER RECIPES
ARROZ CON POLLO (COSTA RICAN RICE WITH CHICKEN RECIPE)
BROWN ARROZ CON POLLO BROWN RICE AND CHICKEN RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
YELLOW RICE AND CHICKEN (ARROZ CON POLLO) RECIPE - CDKITCHEN
ONE PAN SPANISH CHICKEN AND RICE RECIPE (ARROZ CON POLLO) | THE ...
ARROZ CON POLLO WITH BROWN AND WILD RICE RECIPE
THIS ARROZ CON POLLO RECIPE (CHICKEN AND RICE) COULD SAVE YOUR LIFE
ARROZ CON POLLO BURRITOS | CHICKEN.CA
AUTHENTIC MEXICAN RICE 'ARROZ CON POLLO' | CAROLINA® RICE
BROWN ARROZ CON POLLO (BROWN RICE AND CHICKEN) RECIPE
ARROZ CON POLLO (RICE WITH CHICKEN) - OSWALD RIVERA
ARROZ CON POLLO (BROWN & WILD RICE VERSION) RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
ARROZ CON POLLO - CHICKEN AND RICE RECIPE
CHICKEN WITH RICE (ARROZ CON POLLO) RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CROCK POT ARROZ CON POLLO - THERESCIPES.INFO
MAMA'S PUERTO RICAN CHICKEN AND RICE | AMBITIOUS KITCHEN
ARROZ CON POLLO - HISPANIC CHICKEN AND RICE - ANALIDA'S ETHNIC SPOON
CHICKEN AND RICE (ARROZ CON POLLO) - MY COLOMBIAN RECIPES
ARROZ CON POLLO - CHICKEN & RICE CASSEROLE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
ARROZ CON POLLO, LIGHTENED UP (LATIN CHICKEN AND RICE)
ARROZ AMARILLO CON POLLO (YELLOW RICE WITH CHICKEN)
ARROZ CON POLLO: SPANISH CHICKEN AND RICE CASSEROLE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is arroz con pollo?Arroz con Pollo (Spanish for chicken and rice) is a mouth-watering, budget-friendly, one-pot dish, that only has about ten minutes of hands-on cooking time, and is ready to go in a little over a half hour. Win, win, win, win, win!!
Can you freeze arroz con pollo?Arroz con Pollo is an easy one-pot meal, that's ready in no time and is perfect for meal prep and freezer meals. Place chicken thighs in a shallow bowl and rub down with 2 teaspoons of cooking oil and adobo seasoning. Place uncovered in your refrigerator and allow to marinate for thirty minutes.
What is the best way to cook chicken and rice?Stir onion, bell pepper and garlic into pan; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly softened. Stir in rice, olives, capers and smoked paprika. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Stir in broth, tomatoes, and bay leaves; bring to boil. Return chicken to pan.
How to cook rice with peas and rice?Stir in peas; cover and cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Discard bay leaves. Fluff with a fork; stir in parsley.