BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER TOTS
Gluten-free cauliflower tots that are a bit healthier because they're baked, and then tossed in buffalo hot sauce. Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing on the side.
Provided by Jonathan Melendez
Yield 36 Tots, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and grease with cooking spray. Set aside.
- If using whole cauliflower, remove the outer leaves and core. Cut into large chunks and add half to a food processor. Plus until finely chopped, and becomes almost like a paste. Transfer to a bowl, and continue chopping the rest of the cauliflower in the same way. If using just the stalks of cauliflower you've saved, chop up the stalks and proceed as directed.
- Once all of the cauliflower has been chopped up, transfer it onto several layers of cheesecloth, bundle up and then squeeze all of the moisture out of it, as much as you possibly can. Transfer to a large bowl, and set aside.
- Set a frying pan over medium-high heat with the oil. Once hot, add in the onions and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Allow to cool and then add into the bowl with the cauliflower.
- Add in the almond flour, egg whites, teaspoon hot sauce, salt, and cayenne pepper, stirring until well combined.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, or a tablespoon measuring spoon, portion out a bit of the mixture onto your hands and shape into a tot, placing onto the prepared baking sheet. Spray them all with cooking spray and bake for 8 minutes. Flip over and continue cooking for another 8 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Toss the cooked tots with hot sauce and transfer to a serving dish. Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing on the side for dipping.
BAKED CAULIFLOWER TOTS
What can't cauliflower do? It's delicious as a puree, makes a great meaty steak and now, can be enjoyed as the ultimate finger food-a crunchy tot. We use crispy rice cereal as a gluten-free breading. A hot oven (and a little cooking spray) gets you a crackling exterior without deep frying.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 servings (about 6 tots each)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Position an oven rack in the top position of the oven, and preheat to 450 degrees F. Set a cooling rack on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions, and cook, stirring frequently, until browned and soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, and let cool in the skillet.
- Remove the outer leaves and core of the cauliflower heads. Separate the heads into large florets, and trim away most of the remaining smaller stems. In 2 batches, process the florets in a food processor until very finely chopped, almost a paste, then transfer the paste to a large bowl. Wipe out the food processor.
- Put the cauliflower in the middle of a double layer of cheesecloth, and gather up the sides into a bundle. Squeeze out as much liquid as you can over the sink, then put the cauliflower back in the bowl. Add the browned onion, almond meal, egg whites and 2 teaspoons salt, and work together with your hands until combined and the mixture holds together when squeezed. Scoop out even tablespoonfuls, roll each into a ball and shape into a squared-off tot shape, and line them up on a baking sheet. (The tots can be covered loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerated overnight.)
- Pulse the rice cereal in the food processor until finely ground, and transfer to a small dish. Whisk the egg yolks with 1/4 cup water in a medium bowl. Line up the tots, egg wash, ground cereal and prepared baking sheet with the rack on your work surface. Dip the tots in the egg wash (let the excess drip off), roll them in the cereal to fully coat and place on the rack. (To avoid a mess, designate one hand for dipping and retrieving in the egg and the other for rolling in the cereal.) Spray each tot all over with the cooking spray, turning as needed. (Unsprayed breaded tots can be placed on a parchment-lined baking sheet, frozen until solid, about 2 hours, then transferred to a large freezer bag for up to 1 month. Coat with cooking spray before baking.)
- Bake the tots on the prepared baking sheet until golden brown outside and hot inside, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes, then transfer to a serving platter. Serve with desired dipping sauces.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 160 calorie, Fat 12 grams, SaturatedFat 1.5 grams, Cholesterol 55 milligrams, Sodium 630 milligrams, Carbohydrate 11 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 7 grams, Sugar 3 grams
BAKED BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER TOTS
It's hard to believe these bite-size flavor bombs are baked-they have such a satisfyingly crispy shell. Make a double batch and freeze half for a quick game day snack or weeknight side. The tots can go straight from the freezer to the oven, no thawing required.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 servings (about 36 tots, 1 cup sauce)
Number Of Ingredients 19
- For the blue cheese sauce: Whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, milk, Worcestershire and cayenne in a medium bowl until smooth. Gently stir in the blue cheese. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate overnight or up to 3 days, covered, to let the flavors develop.
- For the cauliflower tots: Position an oven rack at the top of the oven, and preheat to 450 degrees F. Set a cooling rack on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, and cook, stirring frequently, until browned and soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, and let cool in the skillet.
- Remove and discard the outer leaves and core of the cauliflower. Separate the heads into large florets, and trim away most of the stems. Process half the florets in a food processor until very finely chopped, almost a paste. Transfer to a large bowl. Repeat with the remaining florets.
- Lay out a large double layer of cheesecloth, and put the cauliflower paste in the middle. Gather up the sides into a bundle. Hold the bundle over the sink, and squeeze out as much of the liquid as you possibly can (there will be a fair amount). Put the remaining cauliflower back into the bowl (it should be fairly dry now).
- Add the browned onion, almond meal, egg whites, hot sauce, 2 teaspoons salt and cayenne to the cauliflower, and work together with your hands until combined and the mixture holds together when squeezed.
- Scoop out even tablespoonfuls of the cauliflower mixture. Roll each into a ball, shape into a squared-off tot shape and place on a baking sheet. (The tots can be covered loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerated up to overnight.)
- Pulse the rice cereal in the food processor until finely ground, then transfer it to a small dish. Whisk the egg yolks with 1/4 cup water in a medium bowl. Line up the tots, egg wash, ground cereal and prepared baking sheet (with rack) on your work surface. Dip each tot in the egg wash, letting the excess liquid drip off, then roll in the cereal to fully coat and place on the baking sheet. (To avoid a mess, designate one hand for the dipping and retrieving in the egg and the other for rolling in the cereal.) Spray each tot all over with the cooking spray, turning as needed. (The unsprayed breaded tots can be frozen on a parchment-lined baking sheet until solid, about 2 hours, then transferred to a large freezer bag and frozen for up to 1 month.)
- Bake the tots on the prepared baking sheet until golden brown outside and hot inside, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes, then transfer to a serving platter. Shake some hot sauce on top. Serve with the blue cheese sauce. (If baking the tots from frozen, coat with cooking spray and bake for until golden brown outside and hot inside, 15 to 20 minutes.)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add cauliflower, cover, and steam until tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and cool until easily handled.
- Chop cauliflower finely until it is the size of rice grains.
- Measure out 2 cups cauliflower "rice" into a large bowl. Add bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, egg, egg white, parsley flakes, minced onion, salt, and black pepper. Form into 30 small logs. Arrange on the lined baking sheet; spray with cooking spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned on the bottom, 8 to 9 minutes. Remove from oven, flip, and spray with cooking spray. Continue baking until lightly browned on the other side, 8 to 9 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 116.9 calories, Carbohydrate 14.9 g, Cholesterol 36.9 mg, Fat 3.4 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 8.3 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, Sodium 257.7 mg, Sugar 4.3 g
This is a great substitution for buffalo wings! Can be made gluten-free, vegan, or vegetarian. Make sure to coat your cookie sheet well with oil or they will stick. Husband and kids give this two thumbs up! Dip this in ranch or blue cheese for even more added flavor, but it doesn't need it.
Provided by ddmama
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Mix flour, water, garlic powder, salt, and pepper together in a bowl using a whisk until batter is smooth and somewhat runny. Add cauliflower to batter and mix until cauliflower is coated; spread onto the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Remove saucepan from heat and stir hot pepper sauce and honey into butter until smooth. Brush hot sauce mixture over each cauliflower piece, repeating brushing until all the hot sauce mixture is used.
- Bake in the oven until cauliflower is browned, about 10 minutes. Remove baking sheet from oven and allow the cauliflower to cool 10 to 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 218.3 calories, Carbohydrate 36.2 g, Cholesterol 15.3 mg, Fat 7.1 g, Fiber 9.9 g, Protein 8.5 g, SaturatedFat 3.7 g, Sodium 907 mg, Sugar 9.7 g
BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER RECIPE BY TASTY
Cauliflower is aaaaall the rage nowadays, and there's nothing like a new trend to get you excited to fire it up in the kitchen! Maybe you love cauliflower rice, or you're often found chowing down on a cauliflower crust pizza. But we're throwing it back with the recipe that started all the #cauliflowerlove: buffalo cauliflower. They're so flavor-packed that won't even miss wing night with these around.
Provided by Pierce Abernathy
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 450˚F (230˚C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, paprika, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and milk, and stir until well-combined.
- Break the head of cauliflower into florets, about 1½-inches wide. Add the cauliflower florets to the batter, making sure each piece is evenly coated. Arrange the coated cauliflower on the baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the buffalo sauce, coconut oil, and honey and stir until evenly combined. Brush the buffalo sauce mixture on the cauliflower and bake for another 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 265 calories, Carbohydrate 38 grams, Fat 9 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 7 grams, Sugar 12 grams
CAULIFLOWER TOTS RECIPE BY TASTY
- Fill a saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Aggressively season it with salt. Blanch the cauliflower in boiling water for about 5 minutes. Drain and finely chop the cooked cauliflower.
- In a mixing bowl, add cauliflower, egg, bread crumbs, cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, garlic, and salt. Chill in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Spray a nonstick baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Shape the mixture into tot shapes and spread them evenly on the sheet. Bake for 10 minutes at 400°F (200°C). Flip and then bake for an additional 10 minutes on the other side until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 492 calories, Carbohydrate 41 grams, Fat 23 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 29 grams, Sugar 5 grams
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine cauliflower, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, cilantro and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, turning halfway through the cook time, until lightly golden.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 111.8, Fat 3.8, SaturatedFat 1.6, Cholesterol 52, Sodium 203.6, Carbohydrate 13.3, Fiber 3.3, Sugar 3.9, Protein 7.7
More about "buffalo cauliflower tots recipes"
BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER TOTS - DRIZZLE ME SKINNY!
Reviews 6Category AppetizerServings 20Estimated Reading Time 1 min
- In a bowl mix together your cream cheese, ranch, shredded cheese and franks. Stir in your panko crumbs and cauliflower rice. Mix well
CAULIFLOWER BUFFALO TOTS RECIPE | CRAZY FRESH
Servings 6Total Time 25 minsCategory Sides
CHEESY BAKED BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER TATER TOTS - TRADITIONAL RECIPES
BACON CHEDDAR CAULIFLOWER TOTS - SPEND WITH PENNIES
EASY CAULIFLOWER TOTS | LIFE IS BUT A DISH
HOMEMADE CAULIFLOWER TOTS RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
GLUTEN-FREE BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER TOTS RECIPE | LIVESTRONG.COM
5-INGREDIENT BAKED CAULIFLOWER TOTS RECIPE - JUST A TASTE
CAULIFLOWER TOTS - PINCH OF NOM
BAKED BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER TOTS – RECIPES NETWORK
AIR FRYER BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER TOTS - WHOLESOMELICIOUS
BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
CHEESY CAULIFLOWER TOTS - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER TACOS - READY IN 30 MINUTES - OH MY VEGGIES
BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER TOTS WITH BLUE CHEESE DIPPING SAUCE RECIPE …
SWEET HEAT BUFFALO TOTS RECIPE - GREEN GIANT
SPICY BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER TOTS | CUPCAKES & KALE CHIPS
AIRFRYER BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER TOTS - LOW CARB APPETIZER
BAKED BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER TOTS RECIPE | KITCHEN INFINITY RECIPES
BEST BAKED CAULIFLOWER TOTS RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
BUFFALO VEGGIE TOTS RECIPE - GREEN GIANT
CAULIFLOWER TOTS RECIPE - BAKING OUTSIDE THE BOX
EASY BUFFALO TATER TOTS (OVEN-BAKED) - HEARTBEET KITCHEN
BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER - DINNER AT THE ZOO
BEST CAULIFLOWER TOTS - HOW TO MAKE CAULIFLOWER TOTS - DELISH
BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER TOTS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
BUFFALO CHICKEN KETO CAULIFLOWER TOTS - CRISPY & CHEESY!
EASY CHEESY BAKED CAULIFLOWER TOTS RECIPE - CUPCAKES & KALE CHIPS
BAKED BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER TOTS | RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK RECIPES, …
RECIPES, FOOD, CAULIFLOWER TOTS
BAKED BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER TOTS | FOOD NETWORK - YOUTUBE
CAULIFLOWER TOTS - FLATHEAD BEACON
BROCCOLI CAULIFLOWER TOTS WITH CREAMY BUFFALO SAUCE
CHEESY BAKED BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER TOTS | RECIPE | RECIPES, YUMMY …
THE BEST LOW CARB CAULIFLOWER TOTS RECIPE | THAT LOW CARB LIFE
CAULIFLOWER TOTS - RECIPE GIRL®
BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER TACOS RECIPE - HEALTHY RECIPES 101
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #appetizers #snacks #vegetables #vegetarian #dietary #gluten-free #free-of-something
Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Tots | Food Network4.1K views-01:28
Buffalo Keto Cauliflower Tots - #Keto #Cauliflower #Tots58 views-00:57
Recipe: Buffalo Cauliflower With Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce | WebMD270 views-01:39
Cauliflower Tots | Delish28K views-00:54
Crunchy and Tangy Buffalo Cauliflower | Cooking | Tasting Table770 views-01:09
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook cauliflower Tots in oven?Instructions 1 Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a nonstick baking sheet liberally with cooking spray. 2 Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. ... 3 Measure out 3 packed cups of the cauliflower and add it to a large bowl. ... 4 Bake the tots for about 20 minutes then flip them and bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes until crisped. ...
What are buffalo buffalo Cauli Tots?Buffalo Cauli Tots add the spice your favorite wings, and are delicious dunked in Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dip. Mexican Pepper Jack Cauliflower Tots are like taco tots and go perfectly with salsa or guacamole.
How to bake cauliflower with Buffalo wings?Instructions. Add the cauliflower florets to the flour mixture and toss to coat. Place the cauliflower florets in a single layer on the baking sheet; season to taste with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes. While the cauliflower is baking, whisk together the buffalo wing sauce, melted butter and honey until smooth.
What are cauliflower tater tots?Cauliflower Tots are cheesy and crispy and totally kid-approved. This recipe for cauliflower tater tots is going to become your family’s new favorite vegetable side dish, even without the “taters”!