BURNT SUGAR ICE CREAM
- 3. Remove 1/2 cup hot milk mixture from saucepan and add slowly to beaten egg yolks while whisking vigorously. Whisk this mixture back into saucepan. Over low heat, cook mixture until it reaches 180 degrees on an instant-read thermometer, stirring constantly (about 5 minutes). Custard should not boil or bubble. If mixture starts to give off a fair amount of steam, take off heat for a few moments and stir vigorously. 4. Combine remaining 1/2 cup sugar with 1/4 cup water in small saucepan over medium heat. Do not stir but swirl pan vigorously until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high and bring syrup to boil. Cover and cook for 2 minutes. Uncover and continue to cook until syrup takes on color. Swirl pan constantly at this point, moving pan off and on heat to slow down cooking. Remove from heat when syrup is dark and mahogany-colored. Pour into custard mixture (make sure there is a lot of extra room in the saucepan-the custard will bubble and froth) and whisk for about a minute. (The sugar syrup will harden at first and then dissolve as you whisk.) 5. Pour custard through fine-mesh strainer into nonreactive bowl. Remove vanilla pod from strainer and add to mixture. If using vanilla extract, add it to the custard now. Place bowl into a large bowl filled halfway with ice water to cool. When mixture reaches room temperature, cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate. It is best to refrigerate mixture overnight or for at least 6 hours. 6. When chilled, remove vanilla pod (if using), stir, and place into ice-cream machine. Follow manufacturer's directions. When done, place ice cream in the freezer to freeze solid. (The ice cream will still be soft after churning in the machine.)
BURNT CARAMEL ICE CREAM
- Stir 3/4 cup sugar and 3 tablespoons water in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat until sugar melts. Increase heat to high and boil without stirring until mixture turns dark amber, occasionally swirling pan and brushing down sides with wet pastry brush, about 7 minutes. Immediately add milk (mixture will bubble vigorously). Add cream and salt. Scrape in seeds from vanilla bean; add bean. Bring mixture to boil, stirring to dissolve any caramel bits. Let cool 10 minutes. Whisk yolks and remaining 1/4 cup sugar in medium bowl. Gradually whisk in hot milk mixture. Return mixture to same saucepan. Stir over medium heat until slightly thickened and candy thermometer registers 180°F, about 6 minutes (do not boil). Strain custard into medium bowl. Cover and chill until cold, at least 4 hours. DO AHEAD Custard can be made 1 day ahead. Keep chilled.
- Process custard in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions. Transfer to container; cover and freeze. DO AHEAD Can be made 4 days ahead. Keep frozen.
BURNT-SUGAR ICE CREAM WITH BUTTERSCOTCH SAUCE
Recipe From cooking.nytimes.com
Provided by Craig Claiborne
Categories ice creams and sorbets, dessert
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients: 11
- Pour the milk into a saucepan, and bring to a simmer.
- Combine the egg, flour and 1/2 cup of the sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer. Start beating the mixture until it is thoroughly blended, and pour in the hot milk. Pour and scrape the sauce into a saucepan, and start beating over moderate heat. Cook until the mixture is thickened and smooth.
- Put the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar into a small nonstick skillet, and cook, stirring, until the sugar is melted and starts to take on a light caramel color. Immediately add the orange rind, and blend, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Immediately add the caramel-orange mixture to the sauce and blend.
- Line a mixing bowl with a sieve, and pour the sauce into it, pressing all around with the sides of a rubber spatula to extract as much flavor as possible from the orange rind. Discard the rind.
- Add the 1 cup of heavy cream, and stir. Let cool. Pour the mixture into the container of a hand-cranked or electric ice cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Meanwhile, to prepare the butterscotch sauce, put the 1 1/2 cups of sugar into a 12-inch nonstick skillet, and cook, stirring, until the sugar is melted and becomes a dark caramel in color. Add the corn syrup, stir to blend, and remove from the heat. Stir in the butter to blend. Stir in the 2/3 cup of cream and the bourbon. Spoon the sauce over the ice cream and serve.
People also searched
More recipes about burnt sugar ice cream
Burnt Sugar Ice Cream — Butter and Brioche
Recipe From : butterandbrioche.com2018-09-12 · Put the cream, milk, and vanilla bean seeds into a large-size saucepan set over low heat and whisk to combine. Let this mixture come to a very slow simmer, making sure to keep an eye on it, whilst you burn the sugar and whisk the egg yolks (steps follow). Do not allow it to come to a boil. ...
Burnt Sugar Ice Cream Recipe on Food52
Recipe From : food52.com2013-08-15 · Mix about 2 tablespoons of the Milk with the Cornstarch in a small bowl to make a smooth slurry. Whisk the Cream Cheese and Salt in a medium bowl until smooth. Mix the Cream, Half and Half and Brown Rice Syrup in a measuring cup with a spout. Fill a large bowl with Ice … ... Show details
Dairy-Free Burnt Sugar Ice Cream - Ninja Test Kitchen
Recipe From : ninjatestkitchen.comDairy-Free Burnt Sugar Ice Cream. Recipe by Ninja Test Kitchen. Tip: Cooking Mode. Try our super simple cooking mode. Ideal when you’re busy running around the kitchen. Start cooking. Cooking method: Ninja™ CREAMi™ Prep time: 15 mins; Total time: 24h 15 mins; Skill medium; Serves 4 people; Dairy-Free Burnt Sugar Ice Cream. TIP: Fat is the name of the game here, but if you want to ... ... Show details
Burnt Sugar Ice Cream Recipe - Easy Kitchen
Recipe From : easykitchen.comHome Recipes Dairy Burnt Sugar Ice Cream. Burnt Sugar Ice Cream. Recipe by Our Cookbook Collection. Share this: Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window) Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window) Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window) Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window) Click to print (Opens in new … ... Show details
homemade burnt sugar ice cream - wu-jing.org
Recipe From : wu-jing.orgMix eggs, add sugar and vanilla sugar and continue to mix until dissolved. Add the milk and mix a little more, then pour into a baking dish and place in a tray that we fill with hot water. Place the tray in the preheated oven at 200 degrees for 45 minutes. After 45 minutes, check the cream with a toothpick and if it comes out clean, the cream is ready. If not, leave it for another 5-10 minutes ... ... Show details
Burnt Sugar Ice Cream with Chocolate Bits - A Beautiful Plate
Recipe From : abeautifulplate.comUsing a very clean skillet, cook the sugar over moderate heat, stirring constantly with a fork, until the sugar begins to melt and turns a deep caramel color (be careful, once the sugar turns to liquid form, this will happen quickly). Immediately remove from heat and from the side of the skillet, slowly pour the milk into the caramel. ... Show details
Best burnt sugar ice cream | Healthy Free Recipe, Cooking ...
Recipe From : recipe-free.comRecipe free - Best burnt sugar ice cream. Thousands of Best burnt sugar ice cream recipes. Discover how to cook the healthy recipe. All food recipes online for free. Easy, quick, and free recipes… ... Show details
Deluxe burnt sugar ice cream | Healthy Free Recipe ...
Recipe From : recipe-free.comRecipe free - Deluxe burnt sugar ice cream. Thousands of Deluxe burnt sugar ice cream recipes. Discover how to cook the healthy recipe. All food recipes online for free. Easy, quick, and free recipes. Cooking tips and food. ... Show details
Burnt Sugar Ice Cream | Eat Your Tarte Out
Recipe From : eatyourtarteout.wordpress.com2013-08-05 · Burnt Sugar Ice Cream. August 5, 2013 · by Kat · in Desserts, Gluten Free, Technique, Vegetarian. · When slightly bitter notes reminiscent of coffee meet caramel, it becomes the wonderful world of burnt sugar ice cream. It may sound like a major mishap in the kitchen, and maybe that’s exactly how this ice cream came to be. I just ask you to set aside your inhibitions and get ready to … ... Show details
Burnt Sugar Ice Cream - tfrecipes.com
Recipe From : tfrecipes.comBURNT SUGAR ICE CREAM. Recipe From epicurious.com. Categories Dessert Freeze/Chill Yogurt. Yield 1 quart. Number Of Ingredients: 6. Ingredients ; 4 inch piece vanilla bean or 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract: 1 cup whole milk: 1 cup sugar: 2 cups heavy cream: 1 egg: 2 egg yolks: Steps: 3. Remove 1/2 cup hot milk mixture from saucepan and add slowly to beaten egg yolks while whisking vigorously ... ... Show details
Burnt sugar ice cream recipe | Eat Your Books
Recipe From : eatyourbooks.comBurnt sugar ice cream from Passionate Vegetarian (page 1044) by Crescent Dragonwagon Shopping List ... If the recipe is available online - click the link “View complete recipe”– if not, you do need to own the cookbook or magazine. Cancel. Cancel. Learn. Support Page; FAQ's; Getting Started; Member Benefits ; Search. Indexed Books; Popular Books; Magazines; Blogs; Online Recipes; Connect ... ... Show details
Burnt Sugar Ice Cream - bigoven.com
Recipe From : bigoven.comBurnt Sugar Ice Cream recipe: Try this Burnt Sugar Ice Cream recipe, or contribute your own. ... Show details
Burnt Milk Ice Cream Recipe from 101 Epic Dishes
Recipe From : chefjet.comSteep the milk in the burned milk solids for 15 minutes. 2 Prepare a large bowl of ice for an ice bath and set it aside. Add the 3 3/4 cups (898 ml) of burnt milk, heavy cream, vanilla paste, salt and 1/2 cup (100 g) of the sugar to the pot. Bring the mixture just to a boil. While the mixture is heating, whisk the eggs and remaining 3/4 cup ... ... Show details
Burnt-Sugar Ice Cream With Butterscotch Sauce - Plain.Recipes
Recipe From : plain.recipesPour the mixture into the container of a hand-cranked or electric ice cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. Meanwhile, to prepare the butterscotch sauce, put the 1 1/2 cups of sugar into a 12-inch nonstick skillet, and cook, stirring, until the sugar … ... Show details
Brown Sugar-Bourbon Ice Cream Recipe | Bon Appétit
Recipe From : bonappetit.com2012-09-17 · Step 3. Place a medium metal bowl in a large bowl of ice water; set a fine-mesh sieve over metal bowl. Whisking yolk mixture constantly, gradually add hot cream … ... Show details
Burnt Sugar & Espresso Ice Cream - Dinner With Julie ...
Recipe From : pinterest.caNov 30, 2017 - David Lebovitz, I adore you. You have made this house a happier place. I know – minus 20 temperatures shouldn’t inspire ice cream making. But think about it: during a deep freeze, your ice cream machine insert won’t take up precious freezer space if you just stick it outside. And if you’re making the real, custard-base… ... Show details
Burnt Sugar (Caramel) Sauce Recipe - Barbecuebible.com
Recipe From : barbecuebible.comStep 1: Place the sugar and water in a heavy saucepan, but do not stir. Cover the pan and place over high heat for 3 minutes. Uncover the pan and continue cooking the sugar until dark brown and very fragrant. Swirl the pan so the sugar browns evenly, but don’t stir. ... Show details
Chocolate Ice-Cream Bars I Eggless Homemade Recipe I Sugar ...
Recipe From : sugarspiceneverythingnice.comAn ice cream bar is a frozen dessert on a stick or a candy bar that includes ice cream in it. Usually, the coating is a thin layer of chocolate that allows the ice cream to stay intact and not melt easily. Wondering if it tastes anything like a popsicle? Nope, it doesn’t! Popsicle stick a.k.a ice pop is a liquid-based frozen snack on a stick. ... Show details
Burnt Sugar Ice Cream with Chocolate Bits - A Beautiful ...
Recipe From : pinterest.caMay 5, 2015 - Burnt Sugar Ice Cream with Chocolate Bits -- deliciously creamy ice cream made with caramelized sugar and flecked with bittersweet chocolate bits. ... Show details
Fried Plantain, Toasted Coconut & Burnt Sugar Ice Cream ...
Recipe From : befreecafeblog.com2021-05-14 · Remove and set aside on paper towels to cool. Cut plantains into small dice. Sprinkle sugar across a Silpat (silicone baking pad) and caramelize in the oven for about 35 minutes or until 2 steps away from burnt. Let cool completely. Toast coconut in the oven for about 5 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside to cool. ... Show details
Burnt Caramel Ice Cream - Recipe | Cooks.com
Recipe From : cooks.com2015-06-05 · Home > Recipes > Beverages > Burnt Caramel Ice Cream. Printer-friendly version. BURNT CARAMEL ICE CREAM : 4 eggs, well beaten 2 1/2 c. sugar 10 c. half and half 1 1/2 tbsp. vanilla 1/2 tsp. salt 1 to 1 1/2 c. packed brown sugar. In an old skillet burn the brown sugar. It will be bubbly and black looking on the top. When it gets burnt pretty good add 1 1/2 cups hot water to the sugar. Be ... ... Show details