BUTTER-ROASTED TURKEY BREASTS
Bone-in turkey breasts are easy to find, and as impressive as a whole bird when you roast them in butter and herbs.
Provided by Alison Roman
Categories Bon Appétit Thanksgiving Poultry turkey Roast Christmas Kid-Friendly Dinner Christmas Eve Butter Sugar Conscious Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added Small Plates
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Gently loosen skin from turkey breasts and rub butter under skin and all over outside of breasts; season with salt and pepper.
- Scatter thyme sprigs, rosemary sprigs, and garlic over a large rimmed baking sheet and arrange turkey breasts, skin side up, on top. Roast turkey breasts, turning halfway through, until skin is crisp and golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of breasts registers 160°F (for optimal moistness, you will want to cook the white meat of the turkey breasts to a lower internal temperature than you would if cooking a whole bird), 45-55 minutes.
- Transfer turkey breasts to a platter and let rest 10 minutes before carving.
- Serve turkey breasts with pan drippings alongside.
- Position an oven rack in the lowest position (with room above to fit the turkey) and preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Remove any turkey parts from the cavity and reserve for another use if desired. Dry the turkey well with paper towels inside and out. Sprinkle the cavity with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Stuff with the thyme, rosemary, lemon wedges and half of the onion wedges.
- In a small bowl, mix together the 4 tablespoons room temperature butter with the paprika to make a smooth, spreadable mixture. Using your hands, carefully separate the skin from the flesh of the turkey from the breasts toward the legs, making sure not to tear the skin. Spread about half of the butter mixture evenly between the skin and flesh on one side. Do the same on the other side using the remaining butter mixture. Any residual butter on your hands or in the bowl can be rubbed on the outside of the turkey. Sprinkle the outside of the turkey with 2 teaspoons salt, making sure to get it all over the surface.
- Scatter the celery pieces, whole carrots and remaining onion wedges in the bottom of a roasting pan. Place the roasting rack in the pan, making sure it is level. Pour the broth into the pan. Transfer the turkey to the rack, tuck the wings back under the body and tie the legs together with butcher's twine.
- Cut a 20-inch piece of cheesecloth and fold twice, creating 4 layers. Submerge the cloth in the melted butter, making sure it is completely saturated with it. Gently squeeze the cloth, then re-form so there are 4 layers and place on top of the turkey, covering it completely. Use a turkey baster to baste the cheesecloth with some of the remaining melted butter.
- Roast for 30 minutes, then lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Baste the turkey with the pan juices and more of the melted butter. Continue to roast, basting with butter and pan drippings every 30 minutes, for an additional 2 hours.
- Very gently remove the cheesecloth from the turkey, taking care not to tear the skin (see Cook's Note). Baste one more time, then return the turkey to the oven with the breasts facing towards the back and roast until a thermometer inserted in the thickest part of a thigh measures 165 degrees F, about another 30 minutes. Let rest for 30 minutes before carving.
OVEN-ROASTED TURKEY BREAST
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix 1/4 cup butter, garlic, paprika, Italian seasoning, garlic and herb seasoning, salt, and black pepper in a bowl. Place turkey breast with skin side up into a roasting pan. Loosen skin with your fingers; brush half the butter mixture over the turkey breast and underneath the skin. Reserve remaining butter mixture. Tent turkey breast loosely with aluminum foil.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 1 hour; baste turkey breast with remaining butter mixture. Return to oven and roast until the juices run clear and an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast, not touching bone, reads 165 degrees F (65 degrees C), about 30 more minutes. Let turkey breast rest 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- While turkey is resting, transfer pan drippings to a skillet. Skim off excess grease, leaving about 1 tablespoon in skillet. Place skillet over low heat; cook and stir shallot in turkey grease until opaque, about 5 minutes. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in skillet with shallot and whisk in white wine, scraping any browned bits of food from skillet. Whisk in chicken stock and flour until smooth. Bring to a simmer, whisking constantly, until thickened. For a creamier, lighter gravy, whisk in half-and-half.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 384.6 calories, Carbohydrate 4.3 g, Cholesterol 191.3 mg, Fat 11.8 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 60.3 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, Sodium 313.8 mg, Sugar 0.3 g
More about "butter roasted turkey breasts recipes"
ROAST TURKEY BREAST WITH GARLIC HERB BUTTER | RECIPETIN EATS
4.9/5 (32)Total Time 1 hr 50 minsCategory MainsCalories 598 per serving
- Remove fridge chill: Take turkey out of the fridge 45 minutes before cooking (or 30 minutes if it's super hot where you are).
ROASTED TURKEY BREAST WITH HERB BUTTER - CRAVING TASTY
5/5 (10)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory DinnerCalories 206 per serving
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, 1 teaspoon of kosher salt, garlic, rosemary, pepper and thyme.
- Microwave the ingredients on high for 1 minute, or until the butter has fully melted. Remove the bowl from the microwave oven. Mix all ingredients really well and set aside for 5 minutes so the butter gets infused with the garlic and herbs.
- Return the bowl back to the microwave oven and cook the mixture on high for another 30 seconds to ensure that the butter is fully liquefied.
BUTTER-ROASTED TURKEY BREASTS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
3.5/5 (173)Estimated Reading Time 1 minServings 8
HERB ROASTED TURKEY BREAST RECIPE | VALERIE BERTINELLI | FOOD …
Author Valerie BertinelliSteps 7Difficulty Easy
ROASTED BONELESS TURKEY BREAST WITH HONEY GARLIC BUTTER
ROASTED TURKEY BREAST BUTTER - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
ROASTED TURKEY BREAST WITH THYME CITRUS BUTTER
ROASTED TURKEY BREAST WITH CITRUS BUTTER RECIPE
OVEN ROASTED TURKEY BREAST RECIPE - WONKYWONDERFUL
ROASTED TURKEY BREAST BUTTER - RECIPES - PAGE 2 | COOKS.COM
BUTTER ROASTED WHOLE TURKEY BREAST WITH GRAVY - SIMPLY SCRATCH
MAPLE-BUTTER GLAZED ROASTED TURKEY BREAST - BUTTERBALL
HERBED BUTTER ROAST TURKEY BREAST | CANADIAN TURKEY
RECIPES - BUTTER AND HERB TURKEY BREAST ROAST - LILYDALE®
EVERYDAY TURKEY BREAST ROAST WITH HERBS & BUTTER - CANADIAN TURKEY
ROASTED TURKEY WITH BEARNAISE BUTTER RECIPE | MYRECIPES
ROASTED TURKEY BREAST RECIPE WITH GARLIC HERB BUTTER - EATWELL101
ROAST TURKEY BREAST WITH HERB BUTTER RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
RECIPE: BUTTER-ROASTED TURKEY BREASTS | RECIPES | STLTODAY.COM
CAROLINA CAJUN TURKEY BREAST – KAMADO JOE
ROASTED TURKEY BREAST WITH GARLIC AND HERBS - DINNER AT THE ZOO
ROASTED TURKEY BREAST WITH HERB INFUSED BUTTER - A BLOSSOMING LIFE
OVEN ROASTED TURKEY BREAST AND ROASTED VEGETABLES
ROASTED TURKEY WITH SPICED BUTTER | RICARDO
ROAST TURKEY BREAST RECIPE – ROASTED GARLIC BUTTER TURKEY
ROASTED HERBED TURKEY BREAST RECIPE | TRAEGER GRILLS
BUTTER ROASTED TURKEY - RECIPES | GO BOLD WITH BUTTER
HERBED BUTTER ROAST TURKEY BREAST - NOSHING WITH THE NOLANDS
HERB BUTTER ROASTED TURKEY BREAST RECIPE | VERMONT CREAMERY
HERB-FLAVORED ROASTED TURKEY BREAST | BUTTERBALL®
TURKEY BREAST RECIPE (EASY & HERB BUTTER ROASTED!) | DELICIOUS TABLE
HERB ROASTED SPLIT TURKEY BREAST - DISHES WITH DAD
BUTTER-ROASTED TURKEY BREASTS RECIPE - (4.6/5) - MASTERCOOK
BEST LEMON-SAGE BUTTER ROASTED TURKEY RECIPES | THANKSGIVING
SKINLESS TURKEY BREAST RECIPES BONELESS
ROAST TURKEY BREAST WITH HERB BUTTER | YELLOWBLISSROAD.COM
BONELESS TURKEY BREAST - BUTTERBALL
BUTTERBALL 3 POUND TURKEY ROAST - THERESCIPES.INFO
BUTTER ROASTED TURKEY BREASTS - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
HERB BUTTER ROASTED TURKEY BREAST RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BUTTER ROASTED TURKEY BREASTS - RECIPE - GLOBAL ANIMAL PARTNERSHIP
ROAST TURKEY BREAST WITH PEPPERS AND ROSEMARY GARLIC BUTTER
HERB BUTTER ROAST TURKEY BREAST WITH GRAVY FOR TWO
ROAST TURKEY BREAST WITH SAGE | HEALTHY RECIPES | WW CANADA
ROAST TURKEY BREAST WITH HERB BUTTER RECIPE | RACHAEL RAY
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook a turkey breast with butter and garlic?Mix 1/4 cup butter, garlic, paprika, Italian seasoning, garlic and herb seasoning, salt, and black pepper in a bowl. Place turkey breast with skin side up into a roasting pan. Loosen skin with your fingers; brush half the butter mixture over the turkey breast and underneath the skin.
How long do you cook a turkey breast in the oven?Spread half of the butter underneath the skin of the turkey, and the other half of the butter on top of the turkey breast. Place the turkey in the baking dish. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until skin has just started to brown.
What is a roasted turkey breast?This roasted turkey breast is coated in a savory garlic and herb butter, then baked to golden brown perfection. The perfect quick and easy option for a holiday meal or everyday dinner! When I’m feeding a crowd for the holidays, I make a whole roasted turkey. When I’m entertaining a smaller group, I opt for a roasted turkey breast instead.
Is there butter under the skin of a turkey breast?You’ll be the talk of your holiday gatherings with this Garlic Herb Butter Roast Turkey Breast! With herb butter smeared under the skin so it drips down and bastes the turkey while it roasts, the skin is loaded with flavour while the flesh is beautifully juicy.