GARLIC HERB BUTTER ROASTED TURKEY BREAST
RECIPE VIDEO above. An incredible way to roast turkey breast! The garlic herb butter smeared under the skin bastes the breast while it roasts, and creates a butter pan sauce to serve on the side. A meat thermometer will ensure your turkey comes out beautifully juicy. Truly worth using fresh herbs for this recipe, but see notes for dried options.
Provided by Nagi
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Remove fridge chill: Take turkey out of the fridge 45 minutes before cooking (or 30 minutes if it's super hot where you are).
- Preheat oven to 200C / 390F (all oven types). Put rack in the lower middle position. (Note 3)
- Place garlic and bunch of herbs in the middle of a baking dish. (Note 4)
- Butter: Mix Butter ingredients together.
- Loosen skin: Use an upside teaspoon to help loosen the skin from the turkey flesh (easiest to go under the paper thin layer under the surface skin). Video helpful here.
- Smear butter under skin: Use about 2/3 of the butter, and smear it under the skin on the top half of the breast. Best to smear using hands under the skin (not on surface), to ensure it spreads as evenly as possible.
- Turn turkey upside down. Reserve about 2 tbsp butter for the surface, smear the rest on the underside.
- Place turkey in pan on the herbs, skin side up. Now smear skin with remaining butter - you don't want much on the skin because the herb bits burn.
- STOP HERE for make ahead option - the turkey can be left like this for up to 24 hours. Remove from fridge 45 minutes before serving then proceed.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 336 g, Calories 598 kcal
ROASTED TURKEY BREAST WITH HERB BUTTER
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, 1 teaspoon of kosher salt, garlic, rosemary, pepper and thyme.
- Microwave the ingredients on high for 1 minute, or until the butter has fully melted. Remove the bowl from the microwave oven. Mix all ingredients really well and set aside for 5 minutes so the butter gets infused with the garlic and herbs.
- Return the bowl back to the microwave oven and cook the mixture on high for another 30 seconds to ensure that the butter is fully liquefied.
- Strain the butter mixture through a fine sieve. Save the garlic and the herbs.
- Place the turkey breast in a baking dish, skin side up. Cover with a piece of plastic wrap to prevent the butter from accidentally squirting all over the kitchen. Fill the kitchen injector with the strained butter and inject the breast all over, in a diamond pattern, releasing about 1/4 - 1/3 of an ounce at a time.
- Add the garlic and herbs that you saved earlier. Rub the garlic and herb mixture and the butter from the bottom of the baking dish all over the turkey breast.
- Evenly sprinkle 1 teaspoon of kosher salt all over the breast and pat it down to make sure the salt sticks.
- If using a BBQ thermometer (highly recommended), insert the probe into the thickest part of the turkey breast and connect to the thermometer.
- Bake at 325F for about 1 hour or so, until the internal temperature in the thickest part of the breast reaches 155F. Brush the top of the breast with pan juices about 1 hour into roasting.
- Remove from the oven and let the roasted turkey breast rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 206 kcal, Carbohydrate 2 g, Protein 42 g, Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 104 mg, Sodium 1563 mg, ServingSize 1 serving
BUTTER-ROASTED TURKEY BREASTS
Bone-in turkey breasts are easy to find, and as impressive as a whole bird when you roast them in butter and herbs.
Provided by Alison Roman
Categories Bon Appétit Thanksgiving Poultry turkey Roast Christmas Kid-Friendly Dinner Christmas Eve Butter Sugar Conscious Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added Small Plates
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Gently loosen skin from turkey breasts and rub butter under skin and all over outside of breasts; season with salt and pepper.
- Scatter thyme sprigs, rosemary sprigs, and garlic over a large rimmed baking sheet and arrange turkey breasts, skin side up, on top. Roast turkey breasts, turning halfway through, until skin is crisp and golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of breasts registers 160°F (for optimal moistness, you will want to cook the white meat of the turkey breasts to a lower internal temperature than you would if cooking a whole bird), 45-55 minutes.
- Transfer turkey breasts to a platter and let rest 10 minutes before carving.
- Serve turkey breasts with pan drippings alongside.
HERB ROASTED TURKEY BREAST
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove the turkey breast from the fridge 30 minutes before cooking to bring it to room temperature. Cut 3 pieces of kitchen twine and set aside.
- Add the butter, parsley, lemon zest, thyme, onion powder, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to a small bowl. Use a fork or a rubber spatula to incorporate all of the ingredients into the butter. Set aside.
- Pat the turkey breast dry. Using clean hands, starting at one end of the breast, slide your fingers under the skin to create a pocket between the meat and the skin. Use your hands to transfer the butter into the pocket and smooth the butter into an even layer.
- Use the kitchen twine to tie the turkey horizontally in 3 places. This will help the turkey breast cook evenly and remain juicy. Flip the turkey breast so that it is skin-side down. Drizzle it with 1 teaspoon olive oil and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Flip the turkey over and repeat the same seasoning process.
- Arrange the onion slices on a small rimmed baking sheet. Pour 1/3 cup water into the baking sheet and place the turkey breast on top of the onions. Transfer to the oven and roast for 1 hour. Remove the turkey from the oven and baste it with the butter and juices from the baking sheet. Continue to roast until the internal temperature is 160 degrees F, another 20 to 25 minutes. Allow the turkey to cool for 15 minutes. (In this time the internal temperature will rise another 5 degrees.)
- Slice the turkey and serve it with the roasted onions.
- Position an oven rack in the lowest position (with room above to fit the turkey) and preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Remove any turkey parts from the cavity and reserve for another use if desired. Dry the turkey well with paper towels inside and out. Sprinkle the cavity with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Stuff with the thyme, rosemary, lemon wedges and half of the onion wedges.
- In a small bowl, mix together the 4 tablespoons room temperature butter with the paprika to make a smooth, spreadable mixture. Using your hands, carefully separate the skin from the flesh of the turkey from the breasts toward the legs, making sure not to tear the skin. Spread about half of the butter mixture evenly between the skin and flesh on one side. Do the same on the other side using the remaining butter mixture. Any residual butter on your hands or in the bowl can be rubbed on the outside of the turkey. Sprinkle the outside of the turkey with 2 teaspoons salt, making sure to get it all over the surface.
- Scatter the celery pieces, whole carrots and remaining onion wedges in the bottom of a roasting pan. Place the roasting rack in the pan, making sure it is level. Pour the broth into the pan. Transfer the turkey to the rack, tuck the wings back under the body and tie the legs together with butcher's twine.
- Cut a 20-inch piece of cheesecloth and fold twice, creating 4 layers. Submerge the cloth in the melted butter, making sure it is completely saturated with it. Gently squeeze the cloth, then re-form so there are 4 layers and place on top of the turkey, covering it completely. Use a turkey baster to baste the cheesecloth with some of the remaining melted butter.
- Roast for 30 minutes, then lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Baste the turkey with the pan juices and more of the melted butter. Continue to roast, basting with butter and pan drippings every 30 minutes, for an additional 2 hours.
- Very gently remove the cheesecloth from the turkey, taking care not to tear the skin (see Cook's Note). Baste one more time, then return the turkey to the oven with the breasts facing towards the back and roast until a thermometer inserted in the thickest part of a thigh measures 165 degrees F, about another 30 minutes. Let rest for 30 minutes before carving.
OVEN-ROASTED TURKEY BREAST
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix 1/4 cup butter, garlic, paprika, Italian seasoning, garlic and herb seasoning, salt, and black pepper in a bowl. Place turkey breast with skin side up into a roasting pan. Loosen skin with your fingers; brush half the butter mixture over the turkey breast and underneath the skin. Reserve remaining butter mixture. Tent turkey breast loosely with aluminum foil.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 1 hour; baste turkey breast with remaining butter mixture. Return to oven and roast until the juices run clear and an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast, not touching bone, reads 165 degrees F (65 degrees C), about 30 more minutes. Let turkey breast rest 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- While turkey is resting, transfer pan drippings to a skillet. Skim off excess grease, leaving about 1 tablespoon in skillet. Place skillet over low heat; cook and stir shallot in turkey grease until opaque, about 5 minutes. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in skillet with shallot and whisk in white wine, scraping any browned bits of food from skillet. Whisk in chicken stock and flour until smooth. Bring to a simmer, whisking constantly, until thickened. For a creamier, lighter gravy, whisk in half-and-half.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 384.6 calories, Carbohydrate 4.3 g, Cholesterol 191.3 mg, Fat 11.8 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 60.3 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, Sodium 313.8 mg, Sugar 0.3 g
More about "butter roasted turkey breasts recipes"
BUTTER-ROASTED TURKEY BREASTS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
3.5/5 (173)Estimated Reading Time 1 minServings 8
ROASTED BONELESS TURKEY BREAST WITH HONEY GARLIC BUTTER
ROASTED TURKEY BREAST BUTTER - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
ROASTED TURKEY BREAST WITH THYME CITRUS BUTTER
ROASTED TURKEY BREAST WITH CITRUS BUTTER RECIPE
OVEN ROASTED TURKEY BREAST RECIPE - WONKYWONDERFUL
ROASTED TURKEY BREAST BUTTER - RECIPES - PAGE 2 | COOKS.COM
BUTTER ROASTED WHOLE TURKEY BREAST WITH GRAVY - SIMPLY SCRATCH
MAPLE-BUTTER GLAZED ROASTED TURKEY BREAST - BUTTERBALL
HERBED BUTTER ROAST TURKEY BREAST | CANADIAN TURKEY
RECIPES - BUTTER AND HERB TURKEY BREAST ROAST - LILYDALE®
EVERYDAY TURKEY BREAST ROAST WITH HERBS & BUTTER - CANADIAN TURKEY
ROASTED TURKEY WITH BEARNAISE BUTTER RECIPE | MYRECIPES
ROASTED TURKEY BREAST RECIPE WITH GARLIC HERB BUTTER - EATWELL101
ROAST TURKEY BREAST WITH HERB BUTTER RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
RECIPE: BUTTER-ROASTED TURKEY BREASTS | RECIPES | STLTODAY.COM
CAROLINA CAJUN TURKEY BREAST – KAMADO JOE
ROASTED TURKEY BREAST WITH GARLIC AND HERBS - DINNER AT THE ZOO
ROASTED TURKEY BREAST WITH HERB INFUSED BUTTER - A BLOSSOMING LIFE
OVEN ROASTED TURKEY BREAST AND ROASTED VEGETABLES
ROASTED TURKEY WITH SPICED BUTTER | RICARDO
ROAST TURKEY BREAST RECIPE – ROASTED GARLIC BUTTER TURKEY
ROASTED HERBED TURKEY BREAST RECIPE | TRAEGER GRILLS
BUTTER ROASTED TURKEY - RECIPES | GO BOLD WITH BUTTER
HERBED BUTTER ROAST TURKEY BREAST - NOSHING WITH THE NOLANDS
HERB BUTTER ROASTED TURKEY BREAST RECIPE | VERMONT CREAMERY
HERB-FLAVORED ROASTED TURKEY BREAST | BUTTERBALL®
TURKEY BREAST RECIPE (EASY & HERB BUTTER ROASTED!) | DELICIOUS TABLE
HERB ROASTED SPLIT TURKEY BREAST - DISHES WITH DAD
BUTTER-ROASTED TURKEY BREASTS RECIPE - (4.6/5) - MASTERCOOK
BEST LEMON-SAGE BUTTER ROASTED TURKEY RECIPES | THANKSGIVING
SKINLESS TURKEY BREAST RECIPES BONELESS
ROAST TURKEY BREAST WITH HERB BUTTER | YELLOWBLISSROAD.COM
BONELESS TURKEY BREAST - BUTTERBALL
BUTTERBALL 3 POUND TURKEY ROAST - THERESCIPES.INFO
BUTTER ROASTED TURKEY BREASTS - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
HERB BUTTER ROASTED TURKEY BREAST RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BUTTER ROASTED TURKEY BREASTS - RECIPE - GLOBAL ANIMAL PARTNERSHIP
ROAST TURKEY BREAST WITH PEPPERS AND ROSEMARY GARLIC BUTTER
HERB BUTTER ROAST TURKEY BREAST WITH GRAVY FOR TWO
ROAST TURKEY BREAST WITH SAGE | HEALTHY RECIPES | WW CANADA
ROAST TURKEY BREAST WITH HERB BUTTER RECIPE | RACHAEL RAY
You'll also love