BUTTER RUM CARAMELS
- Line bottom and sides of an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper and oil parchment.
- Bring brown sugar, cream, butter, salt, and 1/4 cup rum to a boil in a 3- to 4-quart heavy saucepan, stirring until butter is melted, then boil over moderate heat, stirring frequently, until thermometer registers 248°F (firm-ball stage), about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and remaining teaspoon rum. Pour into baking pan and cool completely until firm, 1 to 2 hours. Invert caramel onto a cutting board, then discard parchment and turn caramel glossy side up. Cut into 1-inch squares.
SOFT RUM CARAMELS
I adapted a family recipe to come up with these melt-in-your-mouth caramels. My husband and daughter eagerly volunteer to eat any scraps from the pan! -Kelly-Ann Gibbons, Prince George, British Columbia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1-1/2 pounds.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Line an 8-in. square pan with foil and grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter; set aside. In a small bowl, cream remaining butter until light and fluffy. Beat in cream until smooth; set aside. , In a heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook until a candy thermometer reads 244° (firm-ball stage). Gradually add cream mixture. Continue cooking until a candy thermometer reads 242°. Remove from the heat; stir in extract. , Pour into prepared pan (do not scrape sides of saucepan). Cool completely. Invert pan onto cutting board; remove foil. Cut candy into squares. Wrap individually in cellophane, waxed paper or foil; twist ends. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 50 calories, Fat 2g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 7mg cholesterol, Sodium 26mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 0 protein.
BUTTER RUM CARAMELS
- Butter an 8-inch square metal baking pan (do not use glass) and set on a rack. In a 5-quart heavy kettle cook cream, sugars, corn syrup, butter, and salt over moderate heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon and washing down any sugar crystals clinging to side of pan with a brush dipped in cold water, until sugars are completely dissolved, about 15 minutes. Boil mixture, without stirring, until a candy or digital thermometer registers 245°F., about 15 minutes. Remove pan from heat and add extract, swirling pan until combined. Immediately pour caramel into baking pan set on rack and cool completely. Chill caramel until firm, at least 12 hours, and up to 1 week.
- Line a cutting board with wax paper and invert caramel onto it. Bring caramel to room temperature, about 30 minutes. With an oiled sharp knife cut caramel into pieces, each about 3/4 inch long and 1/3 inch wide.
- Individually wrap caramel pieces in wax paper or candy wrappers or layer between sheets of wax paper (do not use foil or parchment) in an airtight container. Caramels keep at cool room temperature 2 weeks.
HOT CARAMEL APPLE BUTTERED RUM RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: heavy cream, light brown sugar, honey, unsalted butter, unsalted butter, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, freshly grated nutmeg, ground cloves, ground allspice, boiling water, Captain Morgan® Sliced Apple Rum, granny smith apple, cinnamon stick
Provided by Captain Morgan
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Make the caramel sauce: In a medium saucepan, combine the heavy cream, brown sugar, and honey. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook until the sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the caramel starts to thicken. Remove the pot from the heat and whisk in the butter. Pour into a heatproof measuring cup or jar and let cool until ready to use. The caramel sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
- Make the hot buttered rum batter: In a medium bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and allspice and mix with an electric hand mixer on medium speed until smooth. The batter will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
- To assemble, add 2 tablespoons of batter to each mug. Pour 4 ounces (½ cup) of boiling water into each mug and stir to dissolve the batter. Add 2 ounces Captain Morgan® Sliced Apple Rum to each mug and stir to combine. Top each mug with a drizzle of caramel sauce, an apple slice, and a cinnamon stick. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 516 calories, Carbohydrate 73 grams, Fat 28 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 1 gram, Sugar 72 grams
BROWN SUGAR CARAMEL RUM BUTTERCREAM
- Combine brown sugar and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Continue to boil until sugar has reached soft-ball stage (235-240F).
- Meanwhile, place egg whites into a clean, stainless-steel mixer bowl and with the whip atachment, beat on low speed until foamy. Raise the speed to medium high and whip until stiff, but not dry.
- While the mixer is running, add your brown sugar syrup slowly into the beaten egg whites in a steady stream. continue beating on high speed until the mixture has cooled down--about 3 minutes.
- Add the softened butter 1 tablespoons at a time with the mixer running. Add vanilla and rum. Keep beating the buttercream until it is smooth and creamy.
- Please Note: After you add the soft butter, the buttercream is going to "break" meaning it will look curdled and runny. Don't worry! Keep on whipping and it will come together!.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 592, Fat 49.1, SaturatedFat 30.1, Cholesterol 254.2, Sodium 384.5, Carbohydrate 33.8, Sugar 33.4, Protein 4.4
RUM CARAMEL SAUCE
- Combine the sugar and hot water in a heavy saucepan, and cook over high heat until the sugar has dissolved, about 1 minute. Continue to cook, swirling the pan occasionally but never stirring the sugar mixture, until the mixture thickens and turns a deep amber color, 5 to 8 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and immediately add the heavy cream (be careful -- the mixture will splatter). Return the pan to the heat and reduce the heat to medium. Cook until the sauce is thick and creamy, stirring occasionally to help incorporate the cream, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the rum, vanilla, and butter. Serve warm.
BUTTER RUM FUDGE
- Mix the sugar,milk and butter in a saucepan and cook to soft ball stage or to 236 degrees,stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate pieces,marshmallow cream,rum flavoring,walnuts and pecans.
- Beat until chocolate is melted and well blended and pour into buttered 9x9x2 inch pan.
- Cull and cut into squares.
More about "butter rum caramels recipes"
HOT CARAMEL BUTTERED RUM COCKTAIL RECIPE - LIQUOR.COM
10 BEST HARD CANDY WITH BUTTER RECIPES - YUMMLY
DARK RUM CARAMEL - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
SALTED BUTTER RUM CARAMELS • BREAD BOOZE BACON
SALTED RUM CARAMEL — EATWELL101
BUTTERY HOMEMADE CARAMEL - ASHLEE MARIE - REAL FUN WITH REAL FOOD
RUM CARAMEL SAUCE - KATE THE BAKER - EVERYTHING ELSE DESSERT
BUTTER RUM CARAMELS - PLAIN.RECIPES
BUTTER RUM CARAMEL CANDY - COOKEATSHARE
BUTTER RUM CARAMELS - MEALPLANNERPRO.COM
BUTTER RUM CARAMEL RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
HOMEMADE RUM CARAMELS - LEMON TREE DWELLING
BUTTER-RUM CARAMELS - RECIPE #6598 - FOODGEEKS
BUTTER RUM CARAMEL RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BUTTER RUM CARAMELS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES AND …
BUTTER RUM CARAMELS - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
RECIPE 8: BUTTER RUM CARAMELS – DREWVOGEL.COM
BUTTER RUM FUDGE RECIPE - SHUGARY SWEETS
BUTTER RUM HARD CANDY RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
SPICED RUM CARAMEL SAUCE - GEMMA’S BIGGER BOLDER BAKING
CHEWY BUTTER CARAMELS | CRAFTYBAKING | FORMERLY BAKING911
HOT BUTTERED RUM CARAMELS - NORTH/SOUTH FOOD
BUTTER RUM HARD CANDY RECIPE RECIPES - STEVEHACKS
BUTTER RUM SAUCE PERFECT FOR TOPPING DESSERTS - MOM'S DINNER
BUTTER RUM CARAMEL CAKE RECIPE: OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
BUTTER RUM CARAMELS RECIPE | YUMMLY | RECIPE | CARAMEL RECIPES, …
CLASSIC BUTTER RUM CAKE - A PRETTY LIFE IN THE SUBURBS
CHEWY GINGERBREAD (AND/OR) BUTTER RUM CARAMELS - A PINCH OF SALT
HARVEY'S CARAMEL SAUCE– HARVEY'S BUTTER RUM BATTER
DARK RUM CARAMEL SAUCE - AVERIE COOKS
SALTED BUTTER CARAMEL SAUCE - DAVID LEBOVITZ
BUTTER RUM CARAMELS - PLAIN.RECIPES
BUTTER RUM CARAMEL - COOKEATSHARE - RECIPES
BUTTER RUM CARAMELS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make a rum cake?Bring brown sugar, cream, butter, salt, and 1/4 cup rum to a boil in a 3- to 4-quart heavy saucepan, stirring until butter is melted, then boil over moderate heat, stirring frequently, until thermometer registers 248°F (firm-ball stage), about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and remaining teaspoon rum.
Can I add cinnamon to a caramel recipe?I added cinnamon with the extra rum and vanilla. Turns out, this is NOT a caramel recipe. It's would be more correctly called a butterscotch recipe with the brown sugar, low temp, and butter all added in from the start. Sugar caramelizes at 320 degrees F but this recipe calls for cooking the sugar only to 248 (firm ball).
How long does it take to cook rum sauce?Return the pan to the heat and reduce the heat to medium. Cook until the sauce is thick and creamy, stirring occasionally to help incorporate the cream, about 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the rum, vanilla, and butter. Serve warm.
How can I Make my caramel gooey?The way to make this more "gooey" is to finish at a lower temperature than the recipe is calling for. Another caramel recipe in this website calls for finishing at 242 degrees F, which is soft and chewy, and you're not supposed to stir at the end. That's what's possibly making this recipe crumbly.