CLASSIC FRENCH CREPES BEURRE-SUCRE (BUTTER AND SUGAR)
This is the classic French dessert or snack crepe. Sure, you can fill dessert crepes with all sorts of jams and mousses, but, simple as this is, it's simply delicious. You can get these at crepe stands on Paris street corners. (Preparation time I've listed does not include cooking the crepes).
Provided by Nose5775
Yield 1 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Amounts can be adjusted according to personal taste and the size of your crepes.
- Cut the butter into little pieces.
- Put 1-2 little pieces of butter into a skillet and put the crepe on top of them.
- Scatter the rest of the little pieces of butter over the top of the crepe.
- Let them melt a little.
- Sprinkle the sugar over the melty butter.
- After a few seconds, the sugar will be starting to melt into the butter a little bit but will still be somewhat granular.
- Fold the left third of the crepe over the middle, then fold the right third over that, and let the folded crepe heat in the pan for a few more seconds.
- Remove the crepe from the pan and eat it hot-- the sugar should be mostly melted into the butter, with a hint of pleasantly grainy sugariness at moments.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon melted butter for brushing skillet.
- Blend milk, flour, eggs, 2 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons butter, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a blender until smooth, then chill, covered, 30 minutes.
- Lightly brush a 10-inch nonstick skillet with some of reserved butter and heat over medium heat until hot. Pour in 1/4 cup batter, immediately tilting and rotating skillet to coat bottom, and cook crêpe, turning once, until just set and golden, about 1 minute total. Transfer to a plate. Make 7 more crêpes, stacking them.
- Brush each crêpe with 1 teaspoon butter and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar, then fold twice to form a triangle.
- Heat 2 teaspoons each of butter and sugar with a pinch of salt in skillet until sugar has dissolved, then cook 4 crêpes, turning once, until golden brown. Repeat with remaining butter, sugar, and crêpes.
KRISTEN'S BROWN SUGAR CREPE FILLING
- Mix brown sugar and sour cream until no lumps remain. Spoon mixture into crepes and top with sliced bananas. Fold the crepes decoratively and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 370.6 calories, Carbohydrate 56.9 g, Cholesterol 112.6 mg, Fat 13.3 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 6.9 g, SaturatedFat 3.7 g, Sodium 226.5 mg, Sugar 31.3 g
DELICIOUS LOW SUGAR CREPES
These are easy and delicious, makes 12 crepes and my kids LOVE them. It's fun to put whatever ingredients you want to wrap into them. This can easily be cut in half, or make ahead and freeze.
Provided by pcshowell
Yield 12 crepes, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Measure flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients. Beat with whisk until smooth.
- For each crepe, lightly spray an 8" skillet, heat over medium low heat until pan is hot. Pour scant 1/4 cup batter into the skillet: immediately rotate pan until batter covers bottom. This should be pretty thin. Cook until light brown (it doesn't take long), turn and lightly brown on other side.
- To keep crepes warm, put them in a shallow pan in the oven on low heat.
- While warm, spread with applesauce, strawberries, blueberries, whatever you like, roll up and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- These can be made into dinner crepes as well. Just heat 2 cups asparagus with a can of cream of mushroom soup. Pour into crepes and roll up.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 116.5, Fat 4.3, SaturatedFat 2.4, Cholesterol 41.8, Sodium 161, Carbohydrate 15, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 1.1, Protein 4
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, melted butter, flour sugar and salt until smooth.
- Heat a medium-sized skillet or crepe pan over medium heat. Grease pan with a small amount of butter or oil applied with a brush or paper towel. Using a serving spoon or small ladle, spoon about 3 tablespoons crepe batter into hot pan, tilting the pan so that bottom surface is evenly coated. Cook over medium heat, 1 to 2 minutes on a side, or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 163.8 calories, Carbohydrate 17.2 g, Cholesterol 111.1 mg, Fat 7.7 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 6.4 g, SaturatedFat 3.4 g, Sodium 234.5 mg, Sugar 5.3 g
More about "butter sugar crepes recipes"
10 BEST BUTTER SUGAR DESSERT RECIPES | YUMMLY
BASIC CREPE RECIPE (+ FILLING IDEAS!) - AVERIE COOKS
EASY BASIC CREPES RECIPE - WHITNEYBOND.COM
CINNAMON SUGAR CRêPES: CRISPY PAN-FRIED DELICACIES
CREPES SUZETTE RECIPE (FRENCH CREPES WITH ORANGE) - MON PETIT FOUR
LEMON SUGAR CREPES RECIPE (PLUS TIPS FOR MAKING BETTER …
CINNAMON SUGAR CREPES ⋆ SUGAR, SPICE AND GLITTER
CREPES WITH LEMON & SUGAR - FEELGOODFOODIE
SWEET FRENCH CRêPES WITH BUTTER & SUGAR RECIPE | ABEL & COLE
BUTTER-SUGAR CREPES RECIPE | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL …
BUTTER-SUGAR CREPES - MEDITERRANEAN RECIPES
THE BEST RECIPES ON THE INTERNET: FRENCH CLASSICS - FIRST WE FEAST
SUGAR AND BUTTER CREPES - COOKEATSHARE
CREPES WITHOUT MILK OR BUTTER RECIPE (DAIRY FREE BREAKFAST)
EASY CREPES RECIPE - BAKES BY BROWN SUGAR
STRAWBERRY CREPES (PERFECT FOR SUNDAY BRUNCH!) - SPEND WITH …
BEST BUTTERMILK CREPES RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
BROWN-BUTTER CRêPES - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
DELICIOUS LOW SUGAR CREPES RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
EASY CREPES RECIPE (HOW TO MAKE) - THE EUROPEAN DISH
CREPES WITH MELTED BUTTER AND POWDERED SUGAR
CLASSIC FRENCH CREPES RECIPE | CHATELAINE
FRENCH CREPES WITH SALTED BUTTER CARAMEL RECIPE
BROWN-BUTTER-SUGAR-LEMON CRêPE - THE SIMPLY LUXURIOUS LIFE®
CREPES RECIPE - TASTE OF THE FRONTIER
BEST CREPES SUZETTE RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
ORIGINAL FRENCH CRêPES SUZETTE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
HONEY BUTTER CRêPES RECIPE | RECIPE | SWEET CREPES, CREPES FILLING, …
CRêPES WITH BUTTER, SUGAR AND CINNAMON - APPLES UNDER MY BED
HOMEMADE CREPES – MODERN HONEY
BASIC CREPES RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
LEMON BUTTER CREPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
CRêPES RECIPE WITH SALTED BUTTER AND SUGAR | THE GRAILLE
HERB CREPES WITH BROWNED BUTTER RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CREPES - SUGAR SPUN RUN
RASPBERRY BROWN BUTTER CRêPES RECIPE ICE CREAM | HäAGEN DAZS …
BUTTER-SUGAR CREPES RECIPE | YUMMLY | RECIPE | RECIPES, CREPE …
CRUNCHY CREPES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CREPES RECIPE BUTTER - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make crepes with milk and sugar?Whisk in milk, flour, butter, sugar and vanilla until no lumps remain. POUR 1/2 cup crepe batter into the centre of the hot pan. Lift pan from burner.
How do you make crepes in a skillet?Directions. In large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, melted butter, flour sugar and salt until smooth. Heat a medium-sized skillet or crepe pan over medium heat. Grease pan with a small amount of butter or oil applied with a brush or paper towel. Using a serving spoon or small ladle, spoon about 3 tablespoons crepe batter into hot pan,...
How do you Make Strawberry crepes with butter?Melt butter in a 6” skillet and pour 2 tablespoons of crepe batter and immediately swirl the pan in a circular motion so the batter reaches the edges. Cook until the crepe is set and cake-like. Remove and repeat with the remaining batter. Prepare strawberries according to recipe instructions below.
How do you add cinnamon to crepe batter?Tip: add some cinnamon straight to the crepe batter if you are a huge cinnamon fan. Combine eggs, milk, water, salt, sugar, vanilla, and 3 Tablespoons melted butter in a blender and pulse until foamy, about 30 seconds.