BUTTERED SNAP PEAS
- Cook 1 1/4 pounds sugar snap peas in boiling water until bright green, about 3 minutes; drain. Cook 1 minced shallot in a skillet with 2 tablespoons butter until soft, about 3 minutes. Whisk in a splash of water, then add the peas and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Add chopped tarragon and parsley, and salt and pepper.
ZESTY BUTTERED PEAS
I came up with this recipe one day when I wanted to add some "zip" to plain peas. This recipe did the trick! Everyone commented on the great flavor and festive color.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large saucepan, saute the first four ingredients in butter until crisp-tender. Cover and cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in salt if desired and pimientos.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 74 calories, Fat 4g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 93mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
- In a saucepan bring 3 cups water to a boil and add peas and salt to taste. Simmer peas until tender, 3 to 8 minutes, and drain. In a bowl toss hot peas with butter and salt and pepper to taste.
BUTTERED SNAP PEAS AND CARROTS
- In a large straight-sided skillet, bring 1/2 cup water to a simmer over medium. Add carrots, cover, and cook 3 minutes. Add snap peas, cover, and cook until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Add butter and cook, stirring, until butter melts and coats vegetables. Season with salt and pepper. To serve, sprinkle with chives.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 105 g, Fat 3 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 2 g
BUTTERED GREEN SUGAR SNAP PEAS
Here is an incredibly simple, incredibly fast side dish that makes the most of great ingredients. The flavors are summery, but go equally well in a fall repast.
Provided by Pierre Franey
Categories easy, quick, side dish
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Pluck off and discard the string from each pea pod.
- Bring salted water to boil; there should be enough to cover peas when added. Add peas. When water returns to a boil, cook about 3 minutes. Do not overcook. Drain.
- Return peas to saucepan. Add pepper, salt, butter and mint. Stir to blend until the pieces are well coated and hot. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 100, UnsaturatedFat 2 grams, Carbohydrate 9 grams, Fat 6 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 3 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Sodium 284 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams, TransFat 0 grams
BUTTERED PEAS WITH ONION
- Bring water, onion, and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a boil in a heavy medium saucepan, then cook over medium heat, covered, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high and stir in butter and peas, then cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until peas are tender, about 8 minutes. Season with salt.
BUTTERY PEAS AND CARROTS
This simple side dish is one you'll rely on often to serve with a variety of main courses. The hint of sugar brings out the vegetables' natural sweetness.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a skillet, saute carrots in butter for 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 127 calories, Fat 6g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 15mg cholesterol, Sodium 188mg sodium, Carbohydrate 16g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
SAVORY BUTTERED PEAS
- Melt butter; add next 5 ingredients. Cover and cook at medium heat 6-8 minutes. Stir in pimento.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 102, Fat 4.2, SaturatedFat 2.5, Cholesterol 10.2, Sodium 126.5, Carbohydrate 12.7, Fiber 3.9, Sugar 5.1, Protein 4.3
BUTTERED RICE WITH PEAS
This simple and simply delicious colorful side dish is ready in only 15 minutes and features a medley of bell peppers, sweet peas and Parmesan cheese.
Provided by By Inspired Taste
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cook rice in water as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add bell pepper; cook about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pepper begins to soften. Add peas and onions. Cook about 3 minutes longer, stirring occasionally, until bell pepper is crisp-tender and peas are thoroughly heated.
- Add cooked rice to skillet with vegetables; stir to combine. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 Serving
BUTTERED PEAS & LEEKS
- Gently soften the leeks in butter and oil in your largest pan for 15-20 mins until almost meltingly soft. You can soften the leeks up to a day ahead, then just reheat in the pan before continuing the recipe. Stir in the stock, bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 mins. Stir in the peas and spring onions for 3-5 mins more until the peas are defrosted and cooked through, then season and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 107 calories, Fat 6 grams fat, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 8 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 4 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 5 grams protein, Sodium 0.17 milligram of sodium
BUTTERED SNOW PEAS
- Trim off string side of each snow pea.
- Bring enough water to boil to cover peas. Add salt to taste. Add snow peas and let simmer about 30 seconds or until crisp tender. Do not overcook. Drain.
- Heat butter in skillet and add peas. Toss briefly and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 37, UnsaturatedFat 1 gram, Carbohydrate 2 grams, Fat 3 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 1 gram, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 74 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram, TransFat 0 grams
More about "buttered peas recipes"
SIMPLE FRESH BUTTERED PEAS (ENGLISH PEAS RECIPE) – …
4.5/5 (38)Total Time 6 minsCategory Side DishesCalories 79 per serving
- While waiting for the water to boil, shell the peas into a colander and rinse them. You should have about 2 1/2 cups after shelling.
- Boil the peas for about 60 seconds. When they all rise to the top, they're done. Remove them from the heat and drain immediately.
BUTTERED PEAS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
SOUTHERN BUTTER PEAS RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
BUTTER PEAS - SOUTHERN CLASSICS® - VEGETABLES - PICTSWEET FARMS
BROWNED BUTTER PEAS AND CARROTS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
THE BEST CREAMED PEAS | MOM ON TIMEOUT
SIMPLE BUTTERY PEAS WITH THYME - MEL'S KITCHEN CAFE
DILL & BUTTER PEAS - SPEND WITH PENNIES
BROWN BUTTER AND GARLIC ROASTED PEAS | EASY ROASTED PEAS …
GREEN PEAS WITH BUTTER – PEA SIDE DISH - WHERE IS MY …
BUTTERED PEAS AND PARSNIPS RECIPE - MYGOURMETCONNECTION
BUTTERED PEAS AND PARSNIPS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BUTTERED PEAS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
20 MINUTE HONEY BUTTER PEAS - WEST VIA MIDWEST
BUTTERED PEAS & CARROTS (EASY, TASTY CLASSIC VEGGIE SIDE DISH!)
CLASSIC BUTTERED PEAS AND CARROTS - DEEP SOUTH DISH
FRESH BUTTERED PEAS | OREGONIAN RECIPES
BEST BROWN BUTTER NOODLES WITH PEAS RECIPES | QUICK AND EASY
GARLIC BUTTER SUGAR SNAP PEAS RECIPE - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
HOW TO COOK FROZEN PEAS (THE RIGHT WAY) - FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
BUTTERED DILL PEAS AND CARROTS - SPEND WITH PENNIES
BUTTERED PEAS WITH LEEKS AND MINT RECIPE | SIDECHEF
BUTTERED GREEN PEAS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CLASSIC BUTTERED CARROTS AND PEAS (1 BOWL, 5 MINS)
10 TASTY PEAS RECIPES – A COUPLE COOKS
SOUTHERN BUTTER PEAS RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
DELICIOUS BUTTERED PEAS - TINY NEW YORK KITCHEN
BUTTER PEAS RECIPES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES AND …
QUICK AND EASY SNOW PEA RECIPE WITH BUTTER AND LEMON
SOUTHERN BLACK EYED PEAS - BUTTER BE READY
Buttered Peas with Fresh Herbs - Perfect Springtime Recipe!1.8K views-05:02
Buttered Green Peas Mash [Puree Recipe for baby]3.3K views-02:39
How To Make Delicious Frozen Butter Peas1.2K views-06:21
Spring Recipe: Buttered Sugar Snap Peas418 views-03:33
How to Cook Buttered Peas and Leeks/ how to cook Leeks and Peas/ Healthy vegetable recipe808 views-03:22
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook fresh peas and honey butter?Simple flavors of honey butter with the fresh peas make for a unique but tasty vegetable dish. Creamy, light with perfectly cooked peas. Melt the butter in a skillet on medium-high heat, then add the minced onion, saute for 2 minutes, Add peas and saute for 8-10 minutes until the peas are warmed throughout.
How to cook fresh peas and peas in a pan?Directions: In a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and add the onion, sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook until the onion is softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in the peas and thyme and cook, stirring often, until the peas are just heated through, about 3 minutes.
How to cook snow peas with butter?Add the snow peas and let the water return to a boil. Boil the pea pods for 30 to 45 seconds. Don't overcook them or they will lose their crunch. Immediately drain the peas in a colander. Wipe out the pan, making sure it is dry. Add the butter to the pan and place it over medium heat.
How to Cook Sugar Snap peas with garlic butter?Garlic butter sugar snap peas is a super simple, 5-minute side dish that goes well with nearly every main course dinner. You'll love it! If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star review in the comments! Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the snap peas, garlic, salt, and pepper.