LEMON-BLUEBERRY-RICOTTA-BUTTERMILK PANCAKES WITH BLUEBERRY-CASSIS RELISH AND BLUEBERRY MAPLE SYRUP
- For the syrup: In a medium saucepan add blueberries, maple syrup, sugar, cinnamon stick, and lemon zest. Bring to a simmer over low heat, and cook for about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and chill overnight. Strain; serve warm or at room temperature.
- For the compote: Combine blueberries, sugar, butter, cinnamon stick and vanilla bean in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer to dissolve the sugar. Remove from the heat and stir in the cassis. Discard the vanilla bean and cinnamon stick. Serve at room temperature, folding in the chopped mint just before serving.
- For the pancakes: Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl and set aside. In a separate bowl, combine the egg yolks, oil, buttermilk, lemon zest and vanilla extract.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the liquid mixture. Mix together until flour is just incorporated.
- In a small bowl, using a hand-held electric mixer, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Fold the egg whites into the batter just until incorporated. Let sit for 15 minutes, then gently fold in the blueberries.
- In a small bowl mix the ricotta and milk. Reserve for garnish.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Heat a nonstick pan or cast iron griddle over medium heat. Add a pat of butter and heat until the butter just begins to sizzle. Scoop a scant 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan or onto the griddle and cook until bubbles appear on the top surface and the bottom is golden brown, about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Flip over and cook until the bottom is lightly golden brown, about 45 seconds. Remove to a baking sheet and keep warm in a low oven. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve with syrup and compote and garnish with a dollop of ricotta.
BUTTERMILK BLUEBERRY PANCAKES
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and baking powder. In another bowl, whisk buttermilk, eggs and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened., Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon blueberries on each pancake. Turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. If desired, serve with butter and syrup and top with additional blueberries.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 250 calories, Fat 5g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 74mg cholesterol, Sodium 322mg sodium, Carbohydrate 41g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 9g protein.
BLUEBERRY BUTTERMILK PANCAKES
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large bowl sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Beat the eggs with the buttermilk and melted butter. Combine the dry and the wet ingredients into a lumpy batter, being careful not to over mix, see Cook's Note*.
- Heat some butter in a skillet over medium heat. Spoon 1/3 cup of batter into the skillet and sprinkle the top with some of the blueberries. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and maple syrup.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 496 calorie, Fat 16 grams, SaturatedFat 9 grams, Cholesterol 144 milligrams, Sodium 830 milligrams, Carbohydrate 74 grams, Fiber 2.5 grams, Protein 15 grams, Sugar 24 grams
BUTTERMILK PANCAKES WITH BLUEBERRY COMPOTE
- Whisk first 5 ingredients in large bowl. Whisk buttermilk, sour cream, eggs and vanilla in another large bowl. Add to dry ingredients. Stir until batter is just blended but still lumpy (do not overmix).
- Melt 1/2 tablespoon butter on griddle over medium heat. Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto griddle, spacing 2 inches apart. Cook until bubbles break on surface, about 3 minutes. Turn pancakes over. Cook until bottoms are golden, 3 minutes. Transfer to plates. Repeat with remaining batter, adding butter to skillet as needed.
- Serve pancakes immediately with butter and Blueberry Compote.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups blueberries, sugar and 1/3 cup water in heavy small saucepan. Simmer over medium heat until berries burst, stirring often, about 10 minutes. Add remaining 1 cup berries. Cook until compote coats spoon, stirring often, about 8 minutes. (Can be made 3 days ahead. Cover and chill.) Serve warm.
More about "buttermilk pancakes with blueberry compote recipes"
BUTTERMILK PANCAKES WITH BLUEBERRY COMPOTE - SPICY ...
5/5 (1)Total Time 30 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 402 per serving
- Make Blueberry Compote. Place blueberries, brown sugar, maple syrup, lemon juice, and cinnamon in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and then lower the heat. Simmer for 5 minutes. Keep warm.
- Add buttermilk mixture to dry ingredients and stir until combined, but not more than necessary. Batter should be thick, but you can add a little more buttermilk if desired.
SPELT PANCAKES WITH BLUEBERRY COMPOTE - OLIVEMAGAZINE
Servings 2Total Time 30 minsCategory Baking And DessertsCalories 345 per serving
BLUEBERRY PANCAKES TOPPED WITH HOMEMADE BLUEBERRY COMPOTE ...
5/5 (3)Total Time 30 minsCategory Breakfast RecipesCalories 196 per serving
- Combine all pancake ingredients (except blueberries) in a large bowl. Using a hand mixer or wooden spoon, mix until combined.
- Use a 1/3 measuring cup to scoop the batter onto a warm skillet heated over medium heat. Add a little butter to the pan first if you'd like.
FLUFFY BLUEBERRY BUTTERMILK PANCAKES | BAKER BETTIE
4.5/5 (5)Category All RecipesServings 16Total Time 40 mins
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, butter, eggs, egg yolks, sugar, and vanilla. Pour the wet mixture into the bowl with the dry mixture.
- Gently stir together the batter until just combined. It will be lumpy and that is okay. Do not keep stirring! Let the batter stand for about 5 minutes before cooking.
RICOTTA PANCAKES WITH BLUEBERRY-LEMON COMPOTE RECIPE | BON ...
4.9/5 (17)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 8Published 2017-08-11
- Cook 2 cups blueberries, ¼ cup sugar, and a pinch of salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until berries start to burst and mixture becomes thick and jammy, 6–8 minutes.
- Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat egg whites in a medium bowl until stiff peaks form, 3–5 minutes. Whisk all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and remaining 1 Tbsp.
- Add egg yolk mixture to dry ingredients and stir with a rubber spatula to incorporate. Fold in one-third of egg whites to lighten, then add remaining egg whites and fold in until no streaks remain.
- Heat a griddle or a large skillet over medium-low; brush with oil. Working in batches, scoop ½-cupfuls of batter onto griddle. Top each with 2 Tbsp.
- Do Ahead: Compote can be made 2 days ahead. Let cool; cover and chill. How would you rate Ricotta Pancakes with Blueberry-Lemon Compote? Leave a Review.
BUTTERMILK PANCAKES WITH BLUEBERRY COMPOTE AND HAZELNUTS ...
2.7/5 (19)Calories 1580 per servingServings 5
BUTTERMILK PANCAKES WITH BLUEBERRY COMPOTE LOS ANGELES ...
Author Los Angeles MagazineEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
BUTTERMILK PANCAKES WITH BLUEBERRY COMPOTE RECIPE ...
1/5 Calories 291 per serving
BUTTERMILK PANCAKES WITH BLUEBERRY COMPOTE
Estimated Reading Time 40 secs
BLUEBERRY BUTTERMILK PANCAKES WITH BLUEBERRY GINGER COMPOTE
Cuisine AmericanCategory Breakfast
YOUR NEW FAVORITE BLUEBERRY PANCAKE RECIPE
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
LIGHT AND FLUFFY BLUEBERRY PANCAKES - ALL INFORMATION ...
BUTTERMILK RICOTTA PANCAKES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
BUTTERMILK PANCAKES WITH BLUEBERRY COMPOTE RECIPES
FLUFFY BUTTERMILK PANCAKES FOR 2 - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
BUTTERMILK PANCAKES WITH BLUEBERRY COMPOTE | RECIPE ...
FLUFFY BUTTERMILK PANCAKES WITH BLUEBERRY COMPOTE - COZY ...
COOKING WITH COLM O'GORMAN: THE LIGHTEST FLUFFIEST ...
BLUEBERRY BUTTERMILK PANCAKES RECIPE - DOWNLOAD COOKING ...
BLUEBERRY BUTTERMILK PANCAKES RECIPES
BUTTERMILK BLUEBERRY PANCAKES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make buttermilk pancakes with blueberries?This recipe originally accompanied epi:recipeLink="101037" Buttermilk Pancakes with Blueberry Compote</epi:recipeLink>. Combine 1 1/2 cups blueberries, sugar and 1/3 cup water in heavy small saucepan. Simmer over medium heat until berries burst, stirring often, about 10 minutes. Add remaining 1 cup berries.
How to make Blueberry Pancakes on a griddle?In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and baking powder. In another bowl, whisk buttermilk, eggs and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon blueberries on each pancake. Turn when bubbles form on top.
How to make ricotta pancakes with fresh blueberries?Heat a griddle or a large skillet over medium-low; brush with oil. Working in batches, scoop ½-cupfuls of batter onto griddle. Top each with 2 Tbsp. fresh blueberries. Cook pancakes until bottoms are golden brown and bubbles form on top, about 3 minutes.
Can you make blueberry lemon compote with blueberries?They would also be fantastic made with raspberries or huckleberries. Cook 2 cups blueberries, ¼ cup sugar, and a pinch of salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until berries start to burst and mixture becomes thick and jammy, 6–8 minutes. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, and 1 cup blueberries.