- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- In a large frying pan, heat olive oil and saute the boudin until it is golden brown.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add onions, celery, peppers and garlic to the pan.
- Saute until vegetables wilt, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add eggplant, zucchini, squash, tomatoes, olives, and boudin.
- Blend well, and saute 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once eggplant is wilted, add tomato sauce, thyme, basil, and oregano, stirring well.
- Season to taste with hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- Continue to cook another 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer the ratatouille into an oven-proof baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Serve as side dish.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 230.6, Fat 19.6, SaturatedFat 2.7, Sodium 530.4, Carbohydrate 13.6, Fiber 3.8, Sugar 6.9, Protein 2.8
SOUTHERN ITALIAN RATATOUILLE
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add the mushrooms and cook, without moving them, until brown on 1 side, about 1 minute. Continue to saute for another 1 to 2 minutes. Season mushrooms with salt and pepper and pour onto cookie sheet to cool. Set used pan aside.
- In a separate, clean skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add minced garlic. Cook until golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. In the pan where the mushrooms were, add 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add yellow squash. Cook until browned, about 1 to 2 minutes and drain onto same cookie sheet with mushrooms.
- Place peppers in hot pan where squash was cooking, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of thyme. When heated thoroughly, add peppers to waiting mushrooms and yellow squash. Add zucchini to the same pan, add remaining thyme, cook until browned, about 2 minutes. Pull both pans (onions and zucchini) off the heat, and add to cookie sheet with other vegetables.
- In the former zucchini/mushroom pan, cook leeks to soften, about 2 minutes. In the other, bring the tomatoes to a simmer. Season the leeks with salt and pepper, to taste, and add spinach. When spinach is wilted, add cooked leeks to cooling vegetables on cookie sheet. Add basil to the tomatoes, then add tomatoes to cookie sheet. Stir gently, and top with Parmesan and serve.
Provided by Melissa d'Arabian : Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large pan or Dutch oven. Cook the vegetables one at a time (separately) for 5 to 7 minutes, adding a little more oil as needed and seasoning with salt, in the following order: eggplant, zucchini, pepper, onion, and tomatoes. Combine all of the cooked vegetables together in the pan, add the garlic, thyme, and basil and let simmer gently for 20 minutes. Add a splash of red wine vinegar, season with salt and pepper, and then turn off the heat. Serve hot, warm, or cold.
In France, we make ratatouille all year round and serve it with white rice, or as a side dish for fish or meat. It is naturally vegan and tastes especially good with sun-ripened vegetables.
Provided by stella
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Pour olive oil into a large pot over high heat. Add onions and garlic and saute for 2 minutes. Reduce heat and add tomatoes, eggplants, zucchini, tomato puree, herbes de Provence, salt, and pepper. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and check the level of liquid in the pot. Continue cooking for 30 minutes, uncovered if there is too much liquid, or covered if the amount of liquid looks right.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 322.5 calories, Carbohydrate 35.2 g, Fat 19.9 g, Fiber 14.5 g, Protein 7.5 g, SaturatedFat 2.8 g, Sodium 143.9 mg, Sugar 16.9 g
RATATOUILLE RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: eggplants, roma tomatoes, yellow squashes, zucchinis, olive oil, onion, garlic, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, salt, pepper, can of crushed tomatoes, chopped fresh basil, chopped fresh basil, garlic, Chopped fresh parsley, fresh thyme, salt, pepper, olive oil
Provided by Robin Broadfoot
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Preheat the oven for 375˚F (190˚C).
- Slice the eggplant, tomatoes, squash, and zucchini into approximately ¹⁄₁₆-inch (1-mm) rounds, then set aside.
- Make the sauce: Heat the olive oil in a 12-inch (30-cm) oven-safe pan over medium-high heat. Sauté the onion, garlic, and bell peppers until soft, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, then add the crushed tomatoes. Stir until the ingredients are fully incorporated. Remove from heat, then add the basil. Stir once more, then smooth the surface of the sauce with a spatula.
- Arrange the sliced veggies in alternating patterns, (for example, eggplant, tomato, squash, zucchini) on top of the sauce from the outer edge to the middle of the pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make the herb seasoning: In a small bowl, mix together the basil, garlic, parsley, thyme, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Spoon the herb seasoning over the vegetables.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Uncover, then bake for another 20 minutes, until the vegetables are softened.
- Serve while hot as a main dish or side. The ratatouille is also excellent the next day--cover with foil and reheat in a 350˚F (180˚C) oven for 15 minutes, or simply microwave to desired temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 230 calories, Carbohydrate 32 grams, Fat 11 grams, Fiber 8 grams, Protein 5 grams, Sugar 16 grams
This French dish uses loads of Mediterranean vegetables and is a perfect way to use up the zucchini flooding your garden! We like to add chicken to ours to make it a whole meal, and we usually serve it over rice. We usually do half a breast per person. This is our family's version, so it doesn't have the eggplant or the fresh tomatoes that you see in most traditional ratatouille recipes (maybe when the kids grow up a little?), but this recipe did get the kids to start eating zucchini and mushrooms, which we never thought would happen!
Provided by Sarah d'
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and onion; saute until chicken is still slightly pink in the center, 3 to 5 minutes. Add yellow squash, green zucchini, red bell pepper, and mushrooms. Cook and stir until slightly softened, about 4 minutes. Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 3 minutes more.
- Pour chicken stock into skillet and add tomato paste. Stir in herbes de Provence, cumin, oregano, and celery salt. Stir well. Continue to cook and stir, adding more liquid if necessary, until vegetables are cooked to your preference, 4 to 8 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 359.8 calories, Carbohydrate 17.4 g, Cholesterol 109.9 mg, Fat 12.2 g, Fiber 4.8 g, Protein 46.1 g, SaturatedFat 2.3 g, Sodium 1388.7 mg, Sugar 8.3 g
More about "cajun ratatouille recipes"
CAJUN-STYLE RATATOUILLE WITH SPICY GRILLED CHICKEN
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Make one batch of my homemade Cajun Tomato Sauce the morning of or day before. (Refrigerate if making ahead.)
- To large frying pan, add butter and melt. Add mushrooms, bell pepper, onion, and zucchini. Season with salt, pepper and creole seasoning to taste. Don't be shy with the pepper and creole seasoning, but don't go overboard unless you prefer it hot.
RATATOUILLE PASTA RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
JULIA CHILD’S RATATOUILLE | 12 TOMATOES
CLASSIC FRENCH RATATOUILLE - FROM A CHEF'S KITCHEN
BLACKENED CANADIAN WHITE FISH WITH RATATOUILLE
SIMPLE RATATOUILLE RECIPE | FOODACIOUSLY
RATATOUILLE - ONCE UPON A CHEF
TRADITIONAL FRENCH RATATOUILLE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
BEST RATATOUILLE RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER VEGGIE RECIPES
RATATOUILLE | RICARDO
BLACKENED BASA FILLETS WITH RATATOUILLE | HEART AND STROKE …
CREAMY CAJUN SHRIMP PASTA - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
CAJUN RATATOUILLE RECIPE : CHOPPING BASIL FOR CAJUN RATATOUILLE
CAJUN RATATOUILLE - CAJUN COOKING RECIPES
CAJUN RATATOUILLE – WWW.CRAVESPICES.COM
RECIPETHING - CAJUN RATATOUILLE
RATATOUILLE - CAJUN-RECIPES.COM
HOW TO COOK CAJUN RATATOUILLE « VEGETABLE RECIPES :: WONDERHOWTO
THE NEW RULE OF RATATOUILLE: FORGET THE RULES - SERIOUS EATS
BEST RATATOUILLE RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
HEATING OIL FOR CAJUN RATATOUILLE - YOUTUBE
CREOLE RATATOUILLE RECIPE - JAMIE SHANNON | FOOD & WINE
CAJUN RATATOUILLE RECIPE - CAJUN & CREOLE
CAJUN RATATOUILLE | RECIPE GOLDMINE RECIPES
FRENCH RATATOUILLE RECIPE - A HEDGEHOG IN THE KITCHEN
RATATOUILLE RECIPE WITH CANNING INSTRUCTIONS - THE SPRUCE EATS
THE BEST EASY BAKED RATATOUILLE RECIPE | WHOLESOME YUM
CREOLE RATATOUILLE RECIPE | A COUPLE FOR THE ROAD
RECIPES – TAGGED "RATATOUILLE"– WWW.CRAVESPICES.COM
SOUTHERN STYLE SKILLET RATATOUILLE - DEEP SOUTH DISH
QUICK RATATOUILLE | READY SET EAT
EASY RATATOUILLE RECIPE (ONE-POT)| THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #low-protein #healthy #main-dish #vegetables #american #cajun #southern-united-states #stove-top #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-carb #healthy-2 #low-in-something #equipment #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love