- Saute garlic and ginger in butter for one minute, add remaining ingredients.
- Add shrimp cook till firm and pink in color.
- Arrange shrimp over rice pour over sauce reduction.
CALYPSO SHRIMP SKEWERS
You'll enjoy these succulent and delicious shrimp at your next party. Look for salt-cured prosciutto in gourmet and Italian markets and large supermarkets. Courtesy of Better Homes Prizewinning Recipes!
Provided by Queenkungfu
Yield 30 shrimp, 15 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cut prosciutto into 1/2 inch wide by 7 inch long strips.
- Soak thirty 6-inch skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow dish combine honey and ginger and set aside.
- In another shallow dish combine peanuts and coconut and set aside.
- Drain skewers. thread shrimp lengthwise on skewers at tail end until they are straight.
- Brush each shrimp with honey mixture.
- Roll in coconut mixture wrap a piece of prosciutto around each shrimp.
- If grilling, cook shrimp until opaque.
- If cooking in oven, preheat to 375 degrees and bake 4 to 6 minutes.
- Stir together créme fraîche, lime peel, and enough lime juice to make the desired consistency.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 142.4, Fat 9.8, SaturatedFat 4.8, Cholesterol 46.9, Sodium 146.7, Carbohydrate 9.8, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 8.2, Protein 5.2
CALYPSO SHRIMP AND SCALLOP BURGERS
- You can half the above to make three (3) servings instead of six (6). Burgers: In a food processor fitted with the metal blade, coarse chop the shrimp (in batches if necessary so you don't end up with a puree; you want it to be slightly chunky). Transfer to a large bowl. Repeat with the scallops being careful to chop, not puree them. Add to the shrimp in the bowl. TIP: I find it easier to hand chop the shrimp and scallops to get the right "chunk" consistency. Add the salt, egg white and sherry; mix well. (You might find clean hands work well here.) Add the cornstarch and mix in gently. In a large skillet, heat the clarified butter over medium heat. Place the flour in a wide bowl. Divide the fish mixture into 6 mounds and place each in the flour to coat well. Carefully form each into a patty (the mixture will be somewhat loose so this may take a little care). Place the patties into the preheated pan and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully turn over and cook until golden brown on the other side. The "burgers" will firm up considerably while cooking. Serve each hot on a soft Kaiser roll with a piece of lettuce, a tomato slice and 2 tablespoons Stone Crab Sauce. Mustard Sauce: The accompanying piquant Stone Crab Mustard Sauce is a combination of mayonnaise, Dijon and yellow mustards, horseradish and a touch of Tabasco, which gives just enough zing to each bite. Its name, of course, comes from the fact it would also be good with stone crab.
More about "calypso shrimp recipes"
CALYPSO SHRIMP - 500,000+ RECIPES, MEAL PLANNER AND ...
5/5 (1)Category Main DishCuisine CaribbeanTotal Time 30 mins
CARIBBEAN BARBECUE SHRIMP RECIPE BY THE DAILY MEAL ...
4.5/5 (2)Total Time 25 minsCategory EntreesCalories 597 per serving
- Step 1: Using a small saute pan over medium heat, simmer 4 large shrimp, 1/3 cup Calypso barbecue sauce and 1 tablespoon water until shrimp are almost cooked, about 3 minutes, turning them once. Reduce heat to very low.
- Step 2: Remove from heat and gently whisk 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter (cut into small pieces), one piece of butter at a time, into the sauce. Return to very low heat and as one piece of butter emulsifies, whisk in the next.
- Step 3: To serve, place 2 slices toasted French bread on a warm serving plate, top with the shrimp and pour the sauce over the shrimp.
- Step 1: In a blender or a food processor fitted with a metal blade, combine 4 large garlic cloves, 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, 1 cup Worcestershire sauce, 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder, 2 teaspoons dried thyme, 2 teaspoons dried oregano, 1 teaspoon seasoned salt, 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper, 3 tablespoons beef base and 2 teaspoons paprika.
CALYPSO SHRIMP LINGUINE RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
5/5 (3)Calories 547 per servingServings 4
- Place all of the broth ingredients (broth, clam juice, garlic, blackening season, cayenne and thyme) in a bowl and mix well with a wire whip. Set broth aside. (Or, if not using immediately, cover broth and refrigerate until needed.)
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the butter. Add shrimp and scallions, and cook until shrimp begin to turn opaque. Add the Calypso Broth and cream. Bring to a boil for a few minutes or until it is reduced and starting to thicken slightly.
CALYPSO SHRIMP SKEWERS | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
3/5 (17)Total Time 55 minsServings 30Calories 70 per serving
- Soak about thirty 6-inch wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes before grilling. Drain before using.
- Meanwhile, thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact. Rinse shrimp and pat dry with paper towels. Thread shrimp lengthwise onto skewers, starting at the tail ends and keeping the shrimp straight on the skewers. In a shallow dish, combine honey and ginger. In another shallow dish, combine coconut and peanuts. Brush honey mixture on all sides of the shrimp, then roll shrimp in coconut mixture to coat. Wrap a slice of prosciutto around each shrimp.
- Prepare grill for indirect grilling. Test for medium heat above the drip pan. Place shrimp skewers on the grill rack over drip pan. Cover and grill for 5 to 8 minutes or until shrimp are opaque. (Or preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Arrange shrimp skewers on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 4 to 6 minutes or until shrimp are opaque.)
- In a small bowl, stir together creme fraiche and lime peel. Stir in enough lime juice to make dip of desired consistency. Serve the shrimp with creme fraiche mixture. Makes about 30 appetizers.
CALYPSO SHRIMP & BEAN SALSA - MEXICAN RECIPES - OLD EL …
Servings 4Total Time 2 hrs 30 minsCategory Entrees
- In 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish, mix orange peel, orange juice, seasoned salt and 4 cloves chopped garlic. Add shrimp; turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate up to 2 hours to marinate.
- In medium bowl, mix all salsa ingredients. Cover; let stand until ready to serve (or refrigerate if longer than 30 minutes).
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Drain shrimp; discard marinade. Cook shrimp in oil 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until shrimp are pink.
AWARD-WINNING CALYPSO GRILL CHEF RELEASES COOKBOOK ...
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
CALYPSO SHRIMP - NICOLE'STABLE CALYPSO SHRIMP
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
CALYPSO SHRIMP RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
Servings 4Calories 431 per serving
30 BEST SHRIMP RECIPES READY IN UNDER 30 MINUTES | ALLRECIPES
Author Carl Hanson
CALYPSO SHRIMP PASTA | RECIPES | RECIPE | LOBSTER RECIPES ...
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 8 mins
CALYPSO SHRIMP ALFREDO – GOT MEAD? THE LARGEST MEAD ...
Cuisine Pasta, SeafoodCategory Main DishServings 4Total Time 30 mins
COCONUT SHRIMP WITH CALYPSO PUNCH RELISH RECIPE
4.5/5 (5)Total Time 2 hrsServings 6Calories 3622 per serving
14 BEST SHRIMP PASTA RECIPES OUT THERE FOR YOU TO SERVE!
SHRIMP RECIPES | MORE THAN 30 DELICIOUS SHRIMP RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE CALYPSO SHRIMP LINGUINE RECIPE | CREAMY SHRIMP ...
CALYPSO SHRIMP RECIPE – THE BEST FREE COOKING RECIPES
CALYPSO COCONUT SHRIMP - MARGARITAVILLE FOODS
BAHAMA BREEZE CALYPSO SHRIMP PASTA RECIPE - SECRET COPYCAT ...
RECIPES | JIMMY BUFFETT'S MARGARITAVILLE
CALYPSO SHRIMP | RECIPE | RECIPES, SHRIMP RECIPES, HOW TO ...
SHRIMP RECIPES - BETTYCROCKER.COM
CALYPSO SHRIMP RECIPE 2021 ¦ INFOLINITY.COM
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #south-west-pacific #appetizers #main-dish #condiments-etc #fruit #seafood #american #caribbean #easy #central-american #dinner-party #fall #finger-food #holiday-event #romantic #spring #summer #winter #nuts #shrimp #stove-top #hawaiian #dietary #one-dish-meal #new-years #seasonal #stir-fry #independence-day #valentines-day #pasta-rice-and-grains #shellfish #superbowl #taste-mood #equipment #presentation #served-hot #technique
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook shrimp?Add garlic and onions and sauté until slightly brown. Return shrimp to pan and add tomatoes, chicken broth, cornstarch, green beans and hot pepper sauce. Bring to a boil.
How long does it take to prepare garlic shrimp?Ready in less than 30 minutes. Get everything prepped and ready in advance because things come together fast. And don't be shy about the garlic! These garlic shrimp are great served with any kind of starch-rice, potatoes, or pasta, topped with the bright garlic, parsley, and lemon sauce.
How to Cook Island Lime Shrimp on the grill?Preheat grill to medium-high. Place Island Lime Shrimp and 1 Tablespoon white wine in a foil pan on grill. Coat two large portabella mushrooms (gills removed), 6 large asparagus with oil and ¼ cup red pepper slices, placed directly on grill. Cook for 8-10 minutes, turning often, until shrimp is done and vegetables are tender.
How do you cook frozen cooked shrimp?You'll quickly cook seasoned shrimp in the skillet, adding baby spinach at the end. If you like, give it a big squeeze of lemon juice before serving. Ready in 15 minutes. Use frozen cooked shrimp for this one. Combine the shrimp with frozen peas, thinly sliced red onion, and ranch dressing, and spoon over big Boston lettuce leaves.