NEVER-FAIL SCALLOPED POTATOES
Take the chill off any blustery day and make something special to accompany meaty entrees. This is the best scalloped potatoes recipe ever, and my family loves when I serve it. -Agnes Ward, Stratford, Ontario
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted., Coat an 8-in. square baking dish with cooking spray. Place half of the potatoes in dish; layer with 1/2 cup onion and half of the cheese sauce. Repeat layers. , Bake, covered, 50 minutes. Uncover; bake until bubbly and potatoes are tender, 10-15 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 215 calories, Fat 6g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 18mg cholesterol, Sodium 523mg sodium, Carbohydrate 32g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SPIRALIZED SCALLOPED POTATOES
Cheesy, crispy edges are the best part of scalloped potatoes -- and using a spiralizer will give you a lot more of them. Cutting the potatoes this way makes it easy to serve everyone their own potato and creates uniform pieces that will cook at the same rate.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8-by-8-inch square baking dish with butter.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Sprinkle in the flour and stir with a wooden spoon to make a paste. Cook until the flour mixture begins to toast, about 1 minute. Add 4 of the sage leaves and let them sizzle for a minute, then whisk in the half-and-half, nutmeg, 2 teaspoons salt and several grinds of pepper. Bring to a simmer over low heat and cook until slightly thickened, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove and discard the sage leaves, then pour 1/2 cup sauce in the bottom of the prepared baking dish and spread to coat. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup each of the Cheddar and Monterey jack.
- Trim the ends from the potatoes so they will fit on a spiral slicing machine. Use the plain blade to slice a potato into a long ribbon. Pick up one end of the potato and let it spiral back onto itself in a neat pile. Tuck the spiralized potato into a corner of the baking dish, with the neat ruffly edge sticking up. Place a second potato next to the first potato, separating them with 2 of the sage leaves. Place 2 potatoes side by side in the middle of the baking dish, separating them with 2 of the sage leaves. Then place the remaining 2 potatoes and 2 sage leaves in the other corners of the baking dish, so you end up with 3 rows of 2 potatoes each. Pour the sauce over the potatoes and sprinkle with the remaining 3/4 cup each Cheddar and Monterey jack. Cover the dish with foil, tenting it so it doesn't touch the cheese.
- Bake for 1 hour. Remove the foil and continue to bake until browned and bubbly and the edges of the potatoes are crispy, 20 to 25 minutes more. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
SCALLOPED POTATOES WITH CAMBAZOLA
These are pretty yummy. The original recipe had all heavy cream and I have lightened it up somewhat. These are rich so save then for special meals. I do not add salt as I have used salted stock, and cheese. You may adjust the seasoning to your taste.
Provided by conniecooks
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Butter a 9 x13 baking dish.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add garlic and onion, and saute till translucent but not brown.
- Stir in flour and cook a minute to loose rawness.
- Add chicken stock and cook till thickened add spices, parmesan cheese and cream
- Bring to gentle boil and remove from heat.
- Drizzle a little sauce in bottom of pan.
- Arrange potato slices on top.
- Sprinkle with small pieces of Cambozola cheese.
- Drizzle with more sauce.
- Repeat layers until all the potato and Cambozola cheese are used up.
- Bake at 350° F 45 - 60 min or until fork tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 513.5, Fat 36, SaturatedFat 22.1, Cholesterol 118.6, Sodium 503.7, Carbohydrate 36, Fiber 2.7, Sugar 3.1, Protein 13.2
PIZZETTA WITH ROASTED GARLIC BULBS AND CAMBOZOLA
- Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Press the dough out with your thumbs, and then place on a floured surface. Roll out dough to about 10-inch rounds.
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil, rosemary, and garlic. Brush some of the olive oil mixture on the pizzetta and sprinkle with some of the Parmesan.
- Bake on the pizza stone until pizzetta is golden and crispy, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cut into pieces. Serve with a piece of Cambozola and few cloves roasted garlic in the middle.
- Repeat with remaining pizzettas.
- Roasted Garlic:
- 1 bulb garlic
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Chop off the top part of the garlic bulb, exposing the tops of the cloves. Wrap the garlic bulb loosely in foil, pour in olive oil, and top with thyme. Tighten the wrap around the bulb, leaving the top slightly loose to allow heat into the bulb. Place the bulb in the oven and bake for 45 minutes, or until the roasted cloves begin to peak out of the head.
- Yield: 1 bulb
CAMBOZOLA SCALLOPED STYLE POTATOES #SP5
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. A quick "goto" recipe for a delicious potato side dish...or add some spicy sausage to make it a meal.
Provided by FluffMac
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Mix flour with cream until smooth.
- Add finely chopped parsley to mix.
- Chop cambozola cheese into cubes.
- Layer potatoes with cheese and flour/cream mixture (3-4 layers).
- Bake at 375?F oven until thickened, bubbly and lightly browned on top.
BAKED CAMBOZOLA WITH PECANS AND CRANBERRIES
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Combine the pecans, dried cranberries, brown sugar, curry powder and a pinch of salt in a medium bowl.
- Put the cheese in a 1-quart baking dish and top with the pecan mixture. Bake until the cheese melts and the nuts are toasted, about 12 minutes. Serve with sliced pears and/or crackers.
MOM'S SCALLOPED POTATOES
This is the way my mother always made her scalloped potatoes. The measurements are taken from other recipes because she always just winged it, but the method is the same. The key is to heat the milk first!
Provided by Jane Boswell-Purdy
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Spread about 1/3 of the potato slices into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Top with about 1/3 of the onion slices. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons flour over the potato and onion. Arrange 2 tablespoons butter atop the flour. Season the entire layer with salt and pepper. Repeat layering twice more.
- Heat milk in a saucepan until warm. Pour enough warm milk over the mixture in the baking dish so the top of the liquid is level with the final layer of potatoes.
- Bake in preheated oven until potatoes are tender, 45 to 60 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 396.1 calories, Carbohydrate 55 g, Cholesterol 42.7 mg, Fat 15.8 g, Fiber 5.5 g, Protein 9.9 g, SaturatedFat 9.7 g, Sodium 170.7 mg, Sugar 7.7 g
More about "cambozola scalloped style potatoes sp5 recipes"
GOT CAMBOZOLA? TRY THESE RECIPES - CULTURE: THE WORD ON …
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
CHEESY SCALLOPED POTATOES WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS.
CROCKPOT SCALLOPED POTATOES [VIDEO] - THE RECIPE REBEL
BLUE BRIE MACARONI & CHEESE - HAPPY VEGGIE KITCHEN
OLD-FASHIONED SCALLOPED POTATOES RECIPE - TASTINGTABLE.COM
EASY CHEESY SCALLOPED POTATOES • SALT & LAVENDER
SCALLOPED POTATOES RECIPE (RICH AND CREAMY) | KITCHN
HOW TO MAKE SCALLOPED POTATOES - THE BEST SCALLOPED POTATO …
THE BEST CREAMY SCALLOPED POTATOES OF YOUR LIFE! - THE RECIPE CRITIC
LOADED SCALLOPED POTATOES - MOM ON TIMEOUT
WE TESTED 4 FAMOUS SCALLOPED POTATO RECIPES AND HERE'S THE …
CAMBOZOLA DAUPHINOISE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
SCALLOPED POTATOES RECIPE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
CHEESE RECIPES – COOKING CHEESE FOR CONNOISSEURS WITH …
EASY SCALLOPED POTATOES RECIPE - A SOUTHERN SOUL
You'll also love