CANTALOUPE ITALIAN ICE
- Dissolve sugar and water in a 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool.
- Peel and seed the cantaloupes. Cut into 2-inch pieces. Puree in a food processor. Strain through a medium sieve. Mix strained cantaloupe juice, sugar syrup, and lemon juice with a wire whisk.
- Pour into an ice cream machine. Add some cantaloupe pulp, if desired. Freeze to a smooth consistency, according to manufacturer's directions.
- You may wish to place in the freezer compartment of your refrigerator for a few hours to harden. Serve in a dessert glass topped with whipped cream or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Garnish with fresh mint leaves.
CANTALOUPE ICE CREAM
Nothing like a refreshing ice cold bowl of Ice Cream in the hot day's of summer, You will love this one. And don't forget to rate this if you try it. Thanks.
Provided by Johnney
Categories Frozen Desserts
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a blender or food processor, blend cantaloupe until smooth, Set aside.
- In a saucepan, dissolve gelatin in hot water ans stir until smooth, Let stand to cool.
- Beat egg yolks until smooth.
- Add cream or milk, 3/4 of the sugar, mango juice, and vanilla.
- Add to cantaloupe mixture along with the dissolved gelatin and blend for 1 minute.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fluffy, Gradually add remaining 1/4 cup of sugar and beat for 30 seconds.
- Add blender mixture and fold in egg whites.
- Put into plastic container, cover and freeze until firm.
- Banana, mango, coconut or other tropical fruits can be substituted for the cantaloupe.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 635.5, Fat 39.6, SaturatedFat 23.9, Cholesterol 238.4, Sodium 101.1, Carbohydrate 63.2, Fiber 1, Sugar 59.5, Protein 9.7
GIULIANO HAZAN'S CANTALOUPE ICE CREAM
- Cut the melon into chunks about one inch thick.
- Put the melon chunks, the sugar and the water into a blender and puree until liquified. If using a food processor, put the melon and sugar in first and add the water after the melon is pureed completely.
- Whip the cream until it is about the density of sour cream. Add the cream to the pureed melon and stir well. Chill the mixture in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- When it is quite cold, pour the melon mixture into an ice-cream maker and proceed according to the manufacturer's instructions. When done, the ice cream will be rather soft but ready to eat just the same. If you like it firmer, put it in a container with a tight-sealing lid and leave it in the freezer for three or four hours. If preparing it much longer in advance, let it soften in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 115, UnsaturatedFat 1 gram, Carbohydrate 19 grams, Fat 4 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 1 gram, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 13 milligrams, Sugar 19 grams
CANTALOUPE ITALIAN ICE
- Place a 7x12-inch glass dish in the freezer to chill.
- Combine sugar and water in a saucepan over low heat. Cook until sugar has completely dissolved. Add mint, remove from heat, and set aside to cool.
- Place melon in a food processor and process until pureed; pour into a bowl. Strain mint leaves from cooled syrup and add syrup to the melon. Stir until well combined.
- Pour cantaloupe mixture into the chilled dish and freeze uncovered for 3 to 4 hours, stirring with a fork every 30 minutes. Continue until mixture is almost frozen and a bit grainy; don't let it freeze completely, otherwise you won't be able to serve it.
- Place in a decorative bowl and garnish with mint leaves.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 168.1 calories, Carbohydrate 42.5 g, Fat 0.3 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 1.2 g, SaturatedFat 0.1 g, Sodium 22.9 mg, Sugar 41.4 g
More about "cantaloupe ice cream recipes"
HOMEMADE CANTALOUPE ICE CREAM - MY FEARLESS KITCHEN
5/5 (1)Category DessertServings 3-4Total Time 25 mins
- Mix 1 cup of milk, sugar, salt, and vanilla until all sugar is dissolved. Add chopped cantaloupe and rest of milk to the mixture.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into a 1.5-quart ice cream maker, according to manufacturer directions. Let mix until thickened (about 15-20 minutes).
BEN AND JERRY'S CANTALOUPE ICE CREAM RECIPE
4/5 Total Time 1 hrServings 16
NO CHURN CANTALOUPE ICE CREAM - FAITH FILLED FOOD FOR …
4.8/5 (6)Category DessertCuisine Ice CreamTotal Time 3 hrs 15 mins
20 CANTALOUPE RECIPES FOR REFRESHING MEALS - INSANELY GOOD
MELON ICE CREAM - FREE RECIPES
CANTALOUPE ICE CREAM RECIPE | RECIPELAND
CANTALOUPE ICE CREAM | HOMESICK TEXAN
COCONUT CANTALOUPE ICE CREAM RECIPE • COOKING HAWAIIAN STYLE
CANTALOUPE AND ICE CREAM - STUDIO DELICIOUS
CANTALOUPE ICE CREAM - HOMESICK TEXAN
THE SECRET OF MAKING CANTALOUPE ICE CREAM DELICIOUS | MISS ...
RECIPE - CREAMY CANTALOUPE ICE CREAM - STEPS TO LIFE
CANTALOUPE ICE CREAM - BUTTER N THYME
CANTALOUPE ICE CREAM RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
CANTALOUPE ICE CREAM RECIPE - A KEEPER! - STACY LYN HARRIS
CANTALOUPE SEA SALT ICE CREAM - EAT BEAUTIFUL
CANTALOUPE ICE CREAM RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CARAMELIZED CANTALOUPE & ICE CREAM - METRO
CANTALOUPE ICE CREAM RECIPES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
CANTALOUPE AND ICE CREAM - I'M BORED, LET'S GO
2 INGREDIENT CANTALOUPE ICE CREAM [VEGAN] - ONE GREEN PLANET
VEGAN CANTALOUPE ICE CREAM - THEVEGLIFE
CANTALOUPE AND ICE CREAM RECIPE
HOMEMADE CANTALOUPE ICE CREAM RECIPE - DELICIOUS AND ...
EASY HOMEMADE CANTALOUPE SORBET RECIPE
VEGAN 2 INGREDIENT CANTALOUPE ICE CREAM RECIPE ...
HOW TO MAKE CANTALOUPE ICE CREAM - LEARN TO COOK
CANTALOUPE ICE CREAM RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
CANTALOUPE BANANA NICE CREAM - KISS IN THE KITCHEN
CANTALOUPE ICE CREAM – LOST MY COOKBOOK
EASY CANTALOUPE SORBET (PALEO, VEGAN, AIP) – WHAT GREAT ...
3 INGREDIENT CANTALOUPE ICE CREAM WITHOUT AN ICE CREAM ...
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #desserts #fruit #easy #beginner-cook #frozen-desserts #food-processor-blender #inexpensive #melons #equipment #small-appliance
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make pure cantaloupe ice cream?Puree in a food processor. Strain through a medium sieve. Mix strained cantaloupe juice, sugar syrup, and lemon juice with a wire whisk. Pour into an ice cream machine. Add some cantaloupe pulp, if desired. Freeze to a smooth consistency, according to manufacturer's directions.
What do you do with cantaloupe for dessert?You almost don’t need to do a thing to them, though a batch of cantaloupe ice cream is definitely a refreshing, luxurious dessert I make my cantaloupe ice cream smooth, with a touch of lime juice, ginger and salt to bring out its delicate flavor.
How do you make a cantaloupe cake with gelatin?In a saucepan, dissolve gelatin in hot water ans stir until smooth, Let stand to cool. Beat egg yolks until smooth. Add cream or milk, 3/4 of the sugar, mango juice, and vanilla. Add to cantaloupe mixture along with the dissolved gelatin and blend for 1 minute.
What is vegan cantaloupe ice cream made of?Vegan Cantaloupe Ice Cream. The recipe is made up of just four ingredients: Cantaloupe (of course), sugar, water and canned coconut milk (do not use light). The cantaloupe flavor definitely shines through with a bit of sweetness from the sugar that’s definitely not overpowering and an undertone of coconut.