I needed Cantonese sauce for a recipe I was making and couldn't get to the store, so I decided I could just make it. This recipe looked like the best with only a few minor changes. The best thing,homemade is always better!
Provided by startnover
Yield 2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat 1 T oil in saute pan add first three ingredients and cook just until garlic and ginger are fragrant.
- Add next five ingredients cook till sauce thickens and is clear.
- Add to sauce the sesame oil and seeds use as desired.
CANTONESE BROWN SAUCE
- Combine the ingredients, adding the cornstarch last.
- Bring to a boil, stirring.
JUDY'S BROWN SAUCE
- Working in batches, place the apples, plums and onions into the work bowl of a food processor, and grind until fine. Transfer the ground fruit and onions into a large pot, and stir in the malt vinegar, sugar, salt, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and cayenne pepper until the mixture is well combined. Bring to a simmer over low heat, and simmer until brown and thickened, about 3 to 4 hours.
- Sterilize the jars and lids in boiling water for at least 5 minutes. Pack the sauce into the hot, sterilized jars, filling the jars to within 1/4 inch of the top. Run a knife or a thin spatula around the insides of the jars after they have been filled to remove any air bubbles. Wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to remove any food residue. Top with lids, and screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot, and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then carefully lower the jars into the pot using a holder. Leave a 2 inch space between the jars. Pour in more boiling water if necessary until the water level is at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. Bring the water to a full boil, cover the pot, and process for 10 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart, until cool. Once cool, press the top of each lid with a finger, ensuring that the seal is tight (lid does not move up or down at all). Store in a cool, dark area.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 31.7 calories, Carbohydrate 8.1 g, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 0.1 g, Sodium 9.2 mg, Sugar 6.9 g
QUICK CANTONESE SAUCE
- In a bowl, stir together olive oil, onions, tomatoes, ginger root, and garlic. Season with sugar, salt, and soy sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 129.4 calories, Carbohydrate 6.5 g, Fat 11.4 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 1.3 g, SaturatedFat 1.6 g, Sodium 648.6 mg, Sugar 3.5 g
More about "cantonese brown sauce recipes"
CANTONESE SAUCE RECIPE: THE CLASSIC BASE OF CHINESE …
4.6/5 (17)Total Time 10 minsCategory GravyCalories 55 per serving
- Mix cornstarch with cold water in a separate cup and add the mixture bit by bit until it thickens. Make sure you stir constantly when adding cornstarch. The blend will thicken after 5-8 minutes of cooking.
CHINESE BROWN SAUCE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
Ratings 146Calories 33 per servingCategory Dinner, Entree, Lunch, Sauce
10 BEST CANTONESE SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
HONG SU HAR (CRISPY SHRIMP AND VEGETABLES IN BROWN SAUCE)
CANTONESE LIGHT SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BROWN SAUCE (CHINESE TAKEOUT) - BEYOND THE NOMS
CHINESE BROWN SAUCE WITH GARLIC (AUTHENTIC STIR FRY SAUCE)
REAL CHINESE ALL PURPOSE STIR FRY SAUCE (CHARLIE!) - RECIPETIN EATS
CHINESE GARLIC SAUCE | BROWN STIR-FRY SAUCE - ELAVEGAN | RECIPES
CHINESE BBQ SAUCE (叉烧酱) - OMNIVORE'S COOKBOOK
WHAT IS CANTONESE SAUCE? ⋆ WE WANT THE SAUCE
HOW TO MAKE FINGER-LICKING AUTHENTIC CHINESE BROWN SAUCE
CANTONESE RECIPES - THE BURNING KITCHEN
CHINESE BROWN SAUCE: A DETECTIVE STORY - THE ATLANTIC
10 BEST SPICY CHINESE BROWN SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHINESE BROWN SAUCE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
10 BEST CANTONESE SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHINESE WHITE SAUCE - EASY STIR FRY SAUCE - DRIVE ME HUNGRY
HOW TO MAKE CHINESE BROWN SAUCE, BASE SAUCE, MOTHER SAUCE.
CHINESE BROWN SAUCE — MORE THAN GOURMET
HOW TO MAKE CHINESE BROWN SAUCE: 11 STEPS (WITH PICTURES)
CHINESE BRAISED PORK IN BROWN SAUCE - BE BRAVE AND BLOOM
CHINESE BROWN SAUCE RECIPE - BLOGCHEF
CANTONESE SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE RECIPES - STEVEHACKS
WHAT’S THAT BROWN SAUCE IN CHINESE TAKEOUT?
CANTONESE LIGHT SAUCE RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
BASIC CHINESE BROWN SAUCE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
CLASSIC BROWN SAUCE RECIPE | HOW TO FEED A LOON
VEGETABLES IN CHINESE BROWN SAUCE - A GLUG OF OIL
QUICK BROWN SAUCE RECIPE | JAMES BEARD FOUNDATION
661 EASY AND TASTY CHINESE BROWN SAUCE RECIPES BY HOME COOKS
WHAT IS CHINESE BROWN SAUCE MADE OF? - SERIOUS EATS
CANTONESE BROWN SAUCE RECIPE - CHINESE.FOOD.COM
WHAT IS CHINESE BROWN SAUCE? | FLY BY JING
CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI WITH BROWN SAUCE - THE WOKS OF LIFE
10 GREAT STIR FRY RECIPES, ONE AMAZING SAUCE - RECIPETIN EATS
TOP CANTONESE-STYLE RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
CHINESE CANTONESE CHICKEN - A HEDGEHOG IN THE KITCHEN
BROWN GRAVY SAUCE FOR POUTINE AND HOT CHICKEN - RICARDO
CHINESE TAKEOUT BROWN SAUCE – RECIPES - SLAMANNA
CHINESE MANDARIN SAUCE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
ALL-PURPOSE CHINESE WHITE SAUCE - THE WOKS OF LIFE
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #sauces #condiments-etc #asian #chinese #easy #savory-sauces #number-of-servings #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love