From Company's Coming cookbook. I've adjusted the recipe for 2 servings. This is a thin sauce but so tasty spooned over the chicken and mashed potatoes. Prep time does not include marinating. Easily doubled.
Provided by Dorel
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Arrange chicken in dish just big enough to hold 2 breasts flat.
- Mix remaining ingredients well.
- Spoon over chicken, cover and marinate in fridge at least 1 hour.
- Turn chicken over and marinate at least 1 more hour.
- Bake, covered at 375* for 20 minutes.
- Baste chicken and bake uncovered for about 20 more minutes or until tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 336.7, Fat 2.9, SaturatedFat 0.8, Cholesterol 131.7, Sodium 1236.7, Carbohydrate 21.9, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 20.2, Protein 54.4
CANTONESE CHICKEN RECIPE
Cantonese chicken is one of the easiest chicken you could ever make. It taste delicious with rice, noodles or fried rice. It is sweet and salty and taste so delicious.
Provided by Aarthi
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Take chicken, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, salt and vinegar in a bowl and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan, add ginger, garlic and onions. Saute for a min.
- Add in the chicken and stir fry for 2 mins.
- Add in chicken stock and bring it to a boil. Simmer for 5 mins.
- Now add in cornflour which is mixed with water into this. Stir well. Cook till it is thickened as per your liking.
- Serve over rice.
Mom and I had never even tasted Chinese food until about 1980 -- that's when the Hunan Chinese Restaurant opened up in Moberly. We had lunch there frequently and liked the chicken dishes the best. From the kitchen of Wanda Cupp Thornburg, Moberly MO.
Provided by Tona C.
Yield 16 pieces, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Arrange chicken pieces in baking dish.
- Mix remaining ingredients and pour over chicken.
- Marinate several hours or overnight.
- COVER. Bake in 325 degree oven for 1 hour.
- Remove cover and baste. Return to over and bake until chicken is tender.
- Serve with jasmine rice and a green salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 501.8, Fat 27.8, SaturatedFat 8, Cholesterol 171.8, Sodium 833.1, Carbohydrate 13.7, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 12.4, Protein 47.7
CANTONESE CHICKEN CHOW MEIN
- Whisk water, 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, cornstarch, sesame oil, and black pepper together in a bowl until marinade is smooth. Add chicken and marinate, about 15 minutes.
- Stir chicken broth, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, oyster sauce, 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar, and sugar together in a bowl until seasoning mixture is well combined.
- Heat 3 tablespoons canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir noodles until golden brown and crisp, about 1 minute. Transfer noodles to a platter.
- Pour the remaining 1 tablespoon into skillet with the oil; cook and stir chicken over high heat until no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes. Add seasoning mixture, celery, carrot, bean sprouts, onion, and green onion; cook and stir until sauce thickens, about 30 seconds. Pour chicken mixture over noodles.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 516.9 calories, Carbohydrate 59.8 g, Cholesterol 80.5 mg, Fat 23.3 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 19.6 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Sodium 582.8 mg, Sugar 6 g
CANTONESE STEEPED CHICKEN
Prepare this Chinese meal ahead to enjoy a relaxed dinner with friends - it's served at room temperature
Provided by Ken Hom
Categories Dinner, Lunch, Main course, Supper, Treat
Number Of Ingredients 9
- If the chicken is tied, undo it, then rub it evenly with the salt. Place in a large pan, cover with water and bring to the boil. (If your pan is not large enough cut the chicken into quarters.) Add the ginger and whole spring onions. Reduce the heat and simmer continuously for 30 minutes, skimming all the while. Cover tightly, turn off the heat and leave for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, make the dipping sauce. Combine the spring onions, ginger and salt in a small heatproof bowl. Heat the oil until very hot and pour over the spring onion mixture. Allow to cool. This sauce can also be made hours in advance or even the day before.
- When the chicken is ready, remove it from the broth and discard the ginger and spring onions. At this point you can leave the chicken in the broth and chill up to a day ahead. Remove the chicken meat from the carcass. Remove and discard the chicken skin. Using a fork pull the meat into finger-sized shreds. Place on a platter, sprinkle with the shredded spring onions and serve with the dipping sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 326 calories, Fat 20 grams fat, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 1 grams carbohydrates, Protein 37 grams protein, Sodium 2.25 milligram of sodium
More about "cantonese chicken recipes"
CHINESE CANTONESE CHICKEN - A HEDGEHOG IN THE KITCHEN
Cuisine ChineseTotal Time 55 minsCategory Dinner
CANTONESE CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOMS RECIPE BY …
4.9/5 Servings 4-5Cuisine CantoneseTotal Time 45 mins
CANTONESE CHICKEN AND MUSHROOMS RECIPE - FOOD NETWORK
Author Food Network KitchenSteps 3Difficulty Easy
SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN HONG KONG STYLE - CHINESE RECIPES FOR ALL
CANTONESE SPICY CHICKEN RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
BRAISED CHICKEN WITH POTATOES - HOW TO MAKE EASY CANTONESE MEAL
13 CANTONESE CHICKEN RECIPE IDEAS IN 2021 | RECIPES, STUFFED …
CANTONESE BRAISED CHICKEN FEET RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
CHINESE ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE- HOW TO MAKE THE SKIN SUPER CRISPY
SOY SAUCE CHICKEN: A CHINATOWN CLASSIC - THE WOKS OF LIFE
WHITE CUT CHICKEN|CHINESE POACHED CHICKEN - CHINA SICHUAN FOOD
CHINESE CHICKEN MAIN DISH RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CANTONESE POACHED CHICKEN (BAI QIE JI) - THE WOKS OF LIFE
23 BEST CHINESE CHICKEN RECIPES - OMNIVORE'S COOKBOOK
SOYA SAUCE CHICKEN (SI YAU KAI / 豉油鸡) - THE BURNING …
18 CHINESE CHICKEN RECIPES YOU CAN MAKE AT HOME
SOY SAUCE CHICKEN (SEE YAO GAI/豉油鸡) - RED HOUSE SPICE
TOP CANTONESE-STYLE RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
CANTONESE CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE
12 BEST CHINESE CHICKEN RECIPES - NDTV FOOD
CHINESE CHICKEN RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
CHINESE (CANTONESE) WHITE CUT CHICKEN RECIPE – EATING CHINA
CANTONESE RECIPES - THE BURNING KITCHEN
AUTHENTIC CANTONESE SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN | LOVEFOODIES
15 BEST CANTONESE FOODS YOU MUST TRY, GUANGDONG DISHES
12 BEST CHINESE CHICKEN RECIPES YOU CAN TRY
CANTONESE SAUCE RECIPE: THE CLASSIC BASE OF CHINESE COOKING
CANTONESE CHICKEN - CUT COOKING
CANTONESE STYLE CHICKEN CHOWMEIN RECIPE - ARCHANA'S KITCHEN
THE BEST CANTONESE ROAST CHICKEN (广式烧鸡) - OMNIVORE'S …
CHINESE ROAST CHICKEN (BEST RECIPE) - RASA MALAYSIA
CANTONESE CHICKEN RECIPE | SCHWARTZ
CANTONESE CHICKEN HOT POT | MISS CHINESE FOOD
CANTONESE CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE STIR-FRY - MEDITERRASIAN
CANTONESE STEAMED CHICKEN RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE CANTONESE …
CANTONESE CHICKEN & BOK CHOY FRIED RICE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
CANTONESE CHICKEN WITH VEGETABLES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CANTONESE CHICKEN RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CANTONESE SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
CANTONESE CHICKEN WITH LEMON SAUCE - BOSSKITCHEN.COM
BEST CANTONESE WHOLE ROAST CHICKEN - SASHA'S FINE FOODS
CANTONESE CHICKEN RECIPES | ZAIQA
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #healthy #main-dish #poultry #asian #easy #low-fat #dietary #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-carb #low-in-something #meat #taste-mood #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love