LEMON BUTTER CAPER SAUCE
- Melt 2 Tbsp. of butter in it over medium heat until sizzling.
- Now add the garlic and shallot, sauté them until soften, lowering the heat if needed, almost for 1 minute.
- The Sprinkle flour in pan, cook, stirring, for additional 2 more minutes.
- Now Whisk in the dry wine along with the chicken stock, bring heat up the heat to high and till the liquid begins to boil, make sure to scrape browned bits from the bottom of the saucepan.
- Lower the heat to medium-high continue to cook, without a lid, until it' reduced by ½ in about 7 to 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts :
ARCTIC CHAR WITH LEMON-CAPER BUTTER
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine 4 tablespoons butter, the capers, parsley, lemon zest and juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a bowl with a rubber spatula; set aside. Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil.
- Melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bread pieces, season with salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until toasted, about 4 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- Wipe out the skillet; add the vegetable oil and heat over medium-high heat. Season the fish on both sides with salt and pepper and add to the skillet, skin-side down. Cook until the skin is browned and crisp, about 4 minutes. Carefully flip and continue cooking until just cooked through, about 1 more minute; transfer to a plate.
- Meanwhile, add the haricots verts to the boiling water and cook until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and season with salt and pepper. Divide among plates and sprinkle with the croutons. Add the fish and top with the lemon-caper butter; serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 400, Fat 27 grams, SaturatedFat 12 grams, Cholesterol 83 milligrams, Sodium 671 milligrams, Carbohydrate 13 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 30 grams, Sugar 3 grams
SALMON WITH LEMON- BUTTER -CAPER SAUCE
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil; brush with olive oil.
- Season both sides of the salmon filets with salt and pepper.
- Bake until salmon flakes easily, about 20 - 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a heavy saucepan, simmer shallots, vinegar and wine until shallots are soft and very little liquid remains.
- Add the butter and 2 tablespoons water, whisking constantly over high heat until the butter is melted and incorporated.
- Stir in the parsley, capers and lemon zest.
- Serve over the salmon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 457.5, Fat 27.6, SaturatedFat 11.9, Cholesterol 145.3, Sodium 392.5, Carbohydrate 1.5, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 0.2, Protein 47
FISH WITH LEMON, BUTTER, CAPER SAUCE
I've been making this "sauce" to serve over fish for years. I like it over simple pan fried fish, but you could serve it over crumbed fish too.
Provided by JustJanS
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine the flour, salt and pepper. Coat the fish in the seasoned flour, shaking off the excess flour. Heat half the butter to foaming over medium high heat in a heavy based pan.
- Cook the fish to your liking and remove to serving plates.
- Add the remaining butter, juice, zest, capers and parsley. Heat for a minute then serve over the fish sharing the capers between the plates.
CHICKEN WITH LEMON-CAPER SAUCE
- Mix together salt and flour in a small dish or plastic bag, then coat chicken and shake off excess. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Shake excess flour from chicken, then brown in hot oil until both sides are golden-brown, and the inside has turned white and firm, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken, and set aside in a warm place. Pour white wine into the skillet, and allow to boil as you dissolve the cooked bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the lemon juice, and allow to come to a boil, cook for a few minutes until reduced by half.
- Sprinkle the cubed butter into the boiling sauce. Swirl and shake the pan vigorously to dissolve the butter, thus thickening the sauce. The butter must never come to rest, or the sauce will separate and become oily. Once the butter has completely incorporated, remove from heat and stir in capers.
- To serve, pour lemon-caper sauce over the chicken, and serve with a wedge of lemon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 661.9 calories, Carbohydrate 29.2 g, Cholesterol 159.8 mg, Fat 39 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 43.3 g, SaturatedFat 17.1 g, Sodium 372 mg, Sugar 1.2 g
LEMON-CAPER BAKED COD
Vacation on a plate is the only way to describe this buttery and flaky Lemon-Caper Baked Cod. -Carolyn Schmeling, Brookfield, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, lemon juice, garlic pepper and lemon zest. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45-60 seconds or until butter is melted. Stir in capers., Place cod in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with seafood seasoning. Spoon butter mixture over fillets. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 256 calories, Fat 13g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 129mg cholesterol, Sodium 441mg sodium, Carbohydrate 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 33g protein.
BUTTERFLIED TROUT IN LEMON CAPER BUTTER
- Lay out the trout so the skin side is down. Open the flesh like a book. With a sharp knife, carefully cut out the backbone, making sure to keep the fillets attached at the head and the tail. Season both sides of the trout with salt and pepper.
- Lightly dredge both sides of the trout with flour, shaking off any excess. Heat a large saute pan over high heat. When the pan is hot, add enough olive oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan. Heat the oil until it shimmers when swirled. Carefully add the trout, flesh-side down, starting at the tail and laying away from you towards the head. You may need to cook the trout in batches. Cook until golden brown on both sides, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove to a platter and keep warm.
- Once the trout is all cooked, return the pan to medium-high heat and remove all but 1 tablespoon of the oil. Add 2 tablespoons of the butter and cook just until it begins to brown and smell nutty, about 3 minutes. Add the capers, lemons, croutons, white wine, and lemon juice and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the remaining tablespoon of butter and remove from the heat. Stir in the parsley and pour over the trout.
- Heat a large saute pan over high heat. Add the olive oil and heat. When the oil is hot, add the bread cubes and cook, stirring, until toasted and golden brown, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and cool.
LEMON CAPER BUTTER SAUCE
- Crush capers in a small bowl with the back of a spoon.
- Melt 1/2 teaspoon butter in a skillet over medium-high heat until the butter foams and is golden; saute capers until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Add lemon juice, bring to a simmer, and cook, stirring frequently, until liquid is reduced by one-third, 1 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Stir cold butter and savory into lemon mixture, stirring constantly until butter is completely melted and sauce is shiny and thick, about 1 minute.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 269.1 calories, Carbohydrate 24.6 g, Cholesterol 66.4 mg, Fat 25.8 g, Fiber 10.9 g, Protein 3.2 g, SaturatedFat 16 g, Sodium 594.7 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes about 1/2 cup
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a small bowl, stir together all ingredients with a flexible spatula until well combined. Place butter mixture on the center of a sheet of parchment paper then loosely fold paper in half towards you and roll back and forth to form butter into a log pressing to remove any air pockets. Wrap parchment around butter, and then twist ends to seal and tie with twine. Refrigerate until firm, about an hour.
ROASTED LEMONY FISH WITH BROWN BUTTER, CAPERS AND NORI
Drizzling a mild, white fish with a caper-spiked browned butter is classic for a reason. The butter adds richness to the lean fish, and the tanginess of capers and lemon perks up any mellowness. In this version, adapted from the chef Danielle Alvarez's cookbook "Always Add Lemon" (Hardie Grant, 2020), nori oil adds another layer of umami flavor. It's both bright and deep, with a silky texture that's easy to achieve. Serve it with rice or bread to mop up all the saline, buttery juices.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories seafood, main course
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 475 degrees. Put fish on a rimmed baking sheet and season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Make the nori oil: Place crumbled seaweed snacks in a blender or mini food processor. With the motor running, drizzle in 1/4 cup of the olive oil and continue to blend until the oil is black, 1 to 3 minutes, scraping down the sides if needed. (Because there's such a small amount of liquid, you may need to stir a lot in between pulses. If you like, you can double the ingredients and save some for next time; it will keep for at least a few weeks in the fridge.) When the oil is well blended, stir in a pinch each of salt and pepper and set aside.
- Pour the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil all over fish. Thinly slice 1 1/2 lemons. (Save the other lemon half for serving.) Arrange lemon slices on top of the fish. Roast until the fish is opaque and just cooked through but not yet flaky, about 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the thickness of fish. Remove from oven and brush two-thirds of the nori oil on top of fish; set aside to rest while preparing the butter.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Cook, swirling occasionally, until the foam subsides, the milk solids turn golden-brown and it smells nutty and toasty, 3 to 5 minutes. Add parsley and capers, and cook for another minute. (Be careful when adding capers, as they may splatter once they hit the hot butter.) Pour the sizzling butter mixture over the fish and squeeze a little lemon juice from the reserved half on top. Serve immediately with remaining nori oil on the side for more drizzling.
- In a small bowl, stir together all ingredients with a rubber spatula until well combined.
More about "caper lemon butter recipes"
SIMPLE LEMON CAPER SAUCE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
Ratings 190Calories 105 per servingCategory Sauce
GROUPER FILLETS WITH LEMON BUTTER CAPER SAUCE RECIPE …
10 BEST CREAMY LEMON CAPER SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
BAKED SALMON WITH LEMON CAPER BUTTER - LIFE'S AMBROSIA
LEMON-BUTTER HADDOCK RECIPE WITH CAPERS | CHATELAINE
10 BEST LEMON BUTTER WHITE WINE CAPER SAUCE RECIPES
EASY LEMON CAPER SAUCE – A COUPLE COOKS
LEMON CAPER BUTTER SAUCE FOR FISH | FAMILY-FRIENDS-FOOD
CHICKEN IN LEMON BUTTER CAPER SAUCE - PLAIN CHICKEN
STEELHEAD TROUT RECIPE WITH LEMON CAPER SAUCE - JULIA'S …
PAN SEARED HALIBUT WITH LEMON CAPER SAUCE - A FAMILY …
GROUPER RECIPE WITH LEMON-CAPER BUTTER - REAL FOOD TRAVELER
BUTTER LEMON CAPER SAUCE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
LEMON BUTTER CHICKEN WITH CAPERS - THESUPERHEALTHYFOOD
EASY RAVIOLI WITH LEMON BUTTER SAUCE AND CAPERS
SCALLOPS WITH LEMON AND CAPER BUTTER - PERFECTLY PROVENCE
3 INGREDIENT DILL CAPER BUTTER - TRUE NORTH KITCHEN
VEGAN LEMON BUTTER PASTA WITH CAPERS - LEGALLY HEALTHY BLONDE
PICKEREL WITH LEMON CAPERBUTTER SAUCE - THE VILLAGE GROCER
PAN SEARED SALMON WITH CAPER-LEMON BUTTER - MARTHA STEWART …
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS WITH LEMON CAPER SAUCE - BAKER BY NATURE
EASY MEDITERRANEAN FISH RECIPES WITH ‘LEMON BUTTER CAPER’ SAUCE
RECIPE: SAUTéED BARRAMUNDI WITH LEMON CAPER BUTTER SAUCE
LEMON BUTTER PASTA WITH ARTICHOKES AND CAPERS RECIPE
17 CAPERS RECIPES YOU’LL HAVE TO TRY - INSANELY GOOD
LEMON SOLE IN CAPER BUTTER RECIPE - LOVEFOOD.COM
CHICKEN WITH LEMON AND CAPERS RECIPE - THESUPERHEALTHYFOOD
SIMPLE LEMON & CAPER BUTTER SAUCE – A PINCH OF SAFFRON
LEMON, CAPER & BUTTER DRESSED JOHN DORY | THE ENGLISH KITCHEN
PORK ESCALOPE WITH CAPERS, LEMON & BUTTER — EVERYDAY GOURMET
BEST SALMON PICCATA (LEMON BUTTER CAPER SAUCE)
RECIPE: SEARED SHRIMP & LEMON-CAPER PASTA WITH ZUCCHINI & BELL …
GROUPER WITH LEMON-CAPER BUTTER - RECIPE REVIEW BY THE HUNGRY …
ARCTIC CHAR WITH LEMON-CAPER BUTTER RECIPE - KITCHEN INFINITY
LEMON SOLE IN CAPER BUTTER RECIPE - MORIES
PAN SEARED CHILEAN SEA BASS WITH LEMON CAPER BUTTER
LEMON CAPER SAUCE RECIPE | CARL'S HOME AND RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make lemon caper butter sauce?This simple lemon caper butter sauce is the perfect accompaniment to sautéed fish, like sole. Read the full recipe after the video. Crush capers in a small bowl with the back of a spoon. Melt 1/2 teaspoon butter in a skillet over medium-high heat until the butter foams and is golden; saute capers until fragrant, about 15 seconds.
What is the best way to cook Capers?Directions. Crush capers in a small bowl with the back of a spoon. Melt 1/2 teaspoon butter in a skillet over medium-high heat until the butter foams and is golden; saute capers until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Add lemon juice, bring to a simmer, and cook, stirring frequently, until liquid is reduced by one-third,...
What is the best way to make capers and lemon salad?Combine 4 tablespoons butter, the capers, parsley, lemon zest and juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a bowl with a rubber spatula; set aside. Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil. Melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
How to cook cappuccino with capers?Directions. Melt 1/2 teaspoon butter in a skillet over medium-high heat until the butter foams and is golden; saute capers until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Add lemon juice, bring to a simmer, and cook, stirring frequently, until liquid is reduced by one-third, 1 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.