CARIBBEAN RICE AND BEANS
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Gently saute onions, garlic and hot peppers, then add beans and vinegar and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the rice to the beans, then stir in stock, reduce heat, and simmer until rice is cooked, about 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in parsley, chives, hot sauce, salt, and pepper and serve.
CARIBBEAN WHITE BEANS
A wonderful combination of Caribbean ingredients turn into a very flavorful meal! Pour the beans over white rice or have as a soup. Great with breaded thin steaks. I get requests for this meal from all my family, friends, and coworkers.
Provided by RIDGERAT
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in the onion and green pepper; cook until the onion begins to turn brown, about 5 minutes. Pour in the water, white beans, tomato sauce, garlic, cilantro, and calabaza. Season with the sazon packet, bouillon cube, salt, pepper, and cumin; stir well to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook until the calabaza has softened, about 20 minutes. Remove the cover, and continue cooking until the sauce has thickened, about 10 more minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 120.8 calories, Carbohydrate 19.3 g, Cholesterol 0.1 mg, Fat 2.6 g, Fiber 4.4 g, Protein 6.1 g, SaturatedFat 0.4 g, Sodium 483.4 mg, Sugar 2.2 g
CARIBBEAN-STYLE RICE AND BEANS
Almost every ethnicity includes a rice-and-beans dish as part of its cooking tradition. In Jamaica and throughout much of the Caribbean, the favored dish is known as "rice and peas," and is remarkable for its use of savory spices and coconut milk.
Provided by Tony Spataro
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 8 cups, 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Boil beans, garlic and salt until beans are tender.
- Reserve three cups of liquid from the boiled beans.
- Place beans and reserved liquid in a pot along with all remaining ingredients.
- Bring liquid to a boil; add rice; heat to boiling again.
- Turn down heat and simmer for 20 minutes, or until water has dried.
- Add beans to rice; stir well.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 279.2, Fat 4.7, SaturatedFat 3.7, Sodium 784.5, Carbohydrate 52.6, Fiber 1, Sugar 0.2, Protein 6.9
CARIBBEAN RICE AND BEANS
- Combine first 3 ingredients in medium bowl. Let stand 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in heavy medium saucepan over high heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add rice and stir 1 minute to coat with onion mixture. Add broth, wine, bay leaves, turmeric and cayenne pepper and blend well. Bring mixture to boil; stir well. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until rice is tender and mixture is creamy, stirring occasionally, about 25 minutes. Season to taste with salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Spoon rice onto platter. Arrange beans and onion garnish alongside.
CARIBBEAN RED BEANS AND RICE
Easy weeknight meal of red beans and rice. The coconut milk and jalapeno give it the flavor you will crave. This recipe is an Art Smith recipe. My family voted it a definite keeper!
Provided by lisar
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large saucepot, over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and onion and cook until soft, then add the jalapeno pepper.
- Add the rice and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the beans, coconut milk and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, and add the thyme and salt and pepper.
- Cook until the broth and coconut milk are reduced, about 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 637, Fat 19, SaturatedFat 12.5, Sodium 156.9, Carbohydrate 105.2, Fiber 7.2, Sugar 39.9, Protein 12.9
CARIBBEAN BLACK BEANS WITH RICE
Add something citrusy to your family's dinner! Serve black beans cooked with papaya over rice - perfect for Island cuisine.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat water and beans to boiling. Boil uncovered 2 minutes; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beans are tender; drain.
- In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook remaining ingredients except rice in oil about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until bell pepper is crisp-tender. Stir in beans. Cook about 5 minutes or until hot. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 450, Carbohydrate 89 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fiber 14 g, Protein 17 g, SaturatedFat 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 10 mg, Sugar 12 g, TransFat 0 g
More about "caribbean rice and beans recipes"
CARIBBEAN RICE AND BEANS RECIPE - CHEF BILLY PARISI
Ratings 2Category Appetizer, Main, SideCuisine American, Caribbean, MexicanTotal Time 40 mins
- In a medium-size sauce pot add in the butter and cook the onions and garlic over medium-low heat until very lightly browned.
- Add in the rice, coconut milk, chicken stock, and fresh thyme and mix until combined and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Next, turn the heat down to low and add a lid to the pot and cook for 15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is cooked.
CARIBBEAN RICE AND BLACK BEANS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4/5 (20)Total Time 27 minsCategory Entree, Dinner, Side DishCalories 280 per serving
CARIBBEAN RICE AND BEANS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4.5/5 (2)Calories 224 per servingServings 4
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan, and stir in rice. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion, celery, bell pepper, and garlic; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add chopped tomato, salt, crushed red pepper, and cumin, and sauté 2 minutes. Stir in cooked rice, cilantro, and black beans, and cook for 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Divide the bean mixture evenly among 4 plates, and sprinkle with cheese.
CARIBBEAN-STYLE BEANS AND RICE RECIPE - FOOD NETWORK
Author Michael ChiarelloDifficulty Easy
30 CARIBBEAN-INSPIRED RECIPES FOR A TROPICAL ESCAPE
COSTA RICAN RICE AND BEANS - PURA VIDA MOMS
CARIBBEAN RICE AND BEANS RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
CARIBBEAN RICE AND BEANS - EAT GOOD 4 LIFE
CARIBBEAN RICE AND BEANS - OVER THE BIG MOON
CARIBBEAN RICE AND BEANS RECIPE - BBC FOOD
CARIBBEAN RICE AND BEANS - SPICEBREEZE
10 BEST CARIBBEAN RICE RECIPES | YUMMLY
TOP 8 VEGETARIAN RICE AND BEANS RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
CARIBBEAN RICE AND BEANS - IMMACULATE BITES
CARIBBEAN RICE AND BEANS | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
DELICIOUS RICE WITH BLACK BEANS | CARIBBEAN GREEN LIVING
CARIBBEAN BEANS AND RICE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
RICE AND BEANS - COSTA RICA
THE PERFECT CARIBBEAN RICE AND BEANS RECIPE
CARIBBEAN-STYLE RICE & BEANS - STARFRIT
CARIBBEAN RICE & BEANS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
CARIBBEAN STYLE RICE AND BEANS | EMERILS.COM
CARIBBEAN BEANS AND RICE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CARIBBEAN BEEF WITH RICE AND BEANS - THE SCOTCH KITCHEN
EASY CARIBBEAN RICE AND BEANS (COCONUT RICE + RED BEANS)
CARIBBEAN RECIPES: RICE AND BEANS - PARALLELS CONFIXX
CARIBBEAN RICE AND BEANS :: RECIPES :: CAMELLIA BRAND
CARIBBEAN RICE AND BEANS - RECIPE REVIEW BY THE HUNGRY PINNER
CARIBBEAN RICE AND BEANS - ONTARIO BEAN GROWERS
CARIBBEAN RICE AND BEANS RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
RECIPE: CARIBBEAN-STYLE RICE AND BEANS | WHOLE FOODS MARKET
CARIBBEAN CHICKEN WITH RICE AND BLACK BEANS RECIPE
CARIBBEAN RICE AND BEANS WITH SHRIMP RECIPE - FIT MEN COOK
CLASSIC ISLAND PEAS AND RICE. - CARIBBEANPOT.COM
JAMAICAN RICE AND PEAS (COCONUT RICE AND BEANS)
CARIBBEAN STYLE SMALL RED BEANS & RICE :: RECIPES :: CAMELLIA BRAND
CARIBBEAN RICE & BEANS - OH SO DELICIOSO
JAMAICAN RICE AND BEANS WITH JERK CHICKEN | CARIBBEAN RECIPES
CARIBBEAN RICE AND BEANS · EAT WELL ABI
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #healthy #main-dish #beans #caribbean #easy #central-american #beginner-cook #low-fat #vegan #vegetarian #dietary #one-dish-meal #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #inexpensive #black-beans #healthy-2 #low-in-something #pasta-rice-and-grains
Simple And Easy Caribbean Black Beans And Rice Recipe #VegandEatz | WhaTooCook.com85K views-08:01
Meal Prep - Caribbean Rice and Beans with Shrimp21K views-11:39
Authentic Jamaican Rice and Peas [Red Beans and Rice] I Grandma’s Jamaican Food Recipes14K views-17:51
How To Make Red Beans And Rice Caribbean Style | Recipe For Rice And Peas17K views-07:48
Jamaican Rice & Peas | Rice & Beans | Quick And Easy Recipe217 views-04:30
Jamaican Rice and Peas Recipe | How to make Caribbean beans and rice176 views-02:37
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make Caribbean rice and red beans?Caribbean Rice and red Beans -- Seasoned with garlic, onions and creole spice. Infused with bay leaves, thyme, Scotch bonnet and coconut milk. 1 whole scotch bonnet pepper. Wash rice until water runs clear. Drain water. Heat a saucepan with oil. Then add onions, garlic, thyme, and hot pepper, sauté for about a minute.
How to cook rice and beans in a rice cooker?Add onion and garlic, and sauté 1-2 minutes over medium heat. Add rice, bay, thyme, pepper, water, and coconut milk. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, 10 minutes. Add the beans and continue to cook, covered, until all the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender, 8-10 minutes.
How do you cook beans and rice with coconut milk?Stir in the beans, remaining coconut milk, ½ cup of water and simmer over medium high heat. Reduce to medium heat and simmer for eight minutes. If the mixture is too thick, then add a cup of water. Remove from heat and add in the thyme and coconut rice.
How to cook Jamaican rice and peas?Jamaican Rice and Peas (or Caribbean Red Beans and Coconut Rice) is an easy and flavorful side dish that brings a fun tropical flair to your meal. Yield 3 1/2 c Heat butter in a medium saucepan. Add onion and garlic, and sauté 1-2 minutes over medium heat. Add rice, bay, thyme, pepper, water, and coconut milk.