CARIBBEAN CARROT PUNCH
This is a refreshing drink found all over the Caribbean. It can be made into an adult beverage with the addition of a little rum.
Provided by AlaskaPam
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Clean the carrots and grate them, or chop them into a food processor or blender. Add the water and pulse until pureed. It is best to do this in two batches. Strain into a bowl using a fine strainer or cheese cloth. Squeeze the pulp to get all of the juice. You can strain a second time if you prefer less pulp in the juice.
- Add the vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg and stir well. Add the sweetened condensed milk to your taste. Start with 1/2 a can and add until it is sweet enough for you. Chill for a couple of hours and serve over ice.
- Peel and grate the carrots.
- Add the grated carrots to the water.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve lined with cheesecloth, gathering up the cheesecloth once the liquid has drained through and squeezing to extract all the juice.
- Repeat this process finally discarding the carrots.
- Stir the milk, silken tofu, rosewater and nutmeg into the carrot juice.
- Add cane sugar to taste.
CARROT CAKE TRIFLE
A fun twist on traditional carrot cake! Trifle is a great make-ahead dish because it tastes even better after it's been assembled for a while. Toasted pecans can also be added as a topping.
Provided by Tomi Ann Hill
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Beat cake mix, water, vegetable oil, and eggs together in a bowl using an electric mixer on low speed, about 30 seconds; increase speed to medium and beat until batter is evenly mixed, scraping sides of bowl as needed. Pour batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, 31 to 36 minutes. Cool cake in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Keep oven at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat milk and pudding mix together in a bowl until evenly combined and thickened; beat in cream cheese until filling is smooth. Fold whipped topping into filling.
- Spread almonds and coconut onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until toasted and fragrant, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Cut cake into bite-size pieces; spread 1 layer, 1-cube deep, into a trifle dish or glass bowl. Spoon a layer of filling, about the same depth as cake layer, over cake layer. Sprinkle a layer of almonds, coconut, and toffee bits over filling. Repeat layering with remaining ingredients.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 520.1 calories, Carbohydrate 44.7 g, Cholesterol 87.5 mg, Fat 35.4 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 7.3 g, SaturatedFat 14.2 g, Sodium 444.5 mg, Sugar 24.2 g
More about "carrot punch recipes"
EASY CARIBBEAN CARROT PUNCH - TASTEEFUL RECIPES
Cuisine CaribbeanCategory DrinksServings 4Estimated Reading Time 50 secs
CARIBBEAN CARROT PUNCH - MEALS BY MAVIS
Cuisine CaribbeanTotal Time 15 minsCategory DrinksCalories 111 per serving
- Pour the pureed carrots into a small sieve strainer to remove the carrot juice from the pulp. Use the back of a spoon to push the carrot juice from the pulp.
- Throw out the pulp and run the carrot juice through the strainer again to remove any remaining pulp from the juice.
HOW TO MAKE CARIBBEAN STYLE CARROT PUNCH (JUICE).
4/5 (17)Total Time 30 minsEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
CARROT RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
BEST EASTER RECIPES | ALEXANDRA'S KITCHEN
CARROT MUFFINS RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
CARROT SHEET CAKE | PUNCHFORK
HOME MADE JAMAICAN CARROT JUICE - JAMAICAN RECIPES
CARROT WHISKEY COCKTAIL — FROOTS PUNCH
CARIBBEAN CARROT PUNCH RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
PINEAPPLE AND CARROT GIN PUNCH - SUGAR AND CHARM
FRESH CARROT PUNCH DRINK RECIPE. CARROT PUNCH RECIPE ...
35 SIMPLE PUNCH RECIPES FOR YOUR NEXT PARTY | TASTE OF …
CARROT & BEET PUNCH - BAJAN COOKING & RECIPES
CARROT AND PINEAPPLE PUNCH - NOLET’S GIN
NESTLE CARROT PUNCH - NESTLé RECIPES
TOP 10 BEST CARROT JUICE RECIPES: SIMPLE, TASTY DRINKS ...
OUR 20 BEST CARROT RECIPES - RACHAEL RAY EVERY DAY ...
BEST CARROT CAKE RECIPE | BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS
JAMAICAN CARROT JUICE (PUNCH) - JAMDOWN FOODIE
CARROT CLEMENTINE PINEAPPLE PUNCH - ADRIANA'S BEST RECIPES
CARROT ORANGE PUNCH - SUGAR AND SOUL
CARROT WELLINGTON | PUNCHFORK
CARROT CARAMEL POKE CAKE - IT IS A KEEPER
HOW TO MAKE AUTHENTIC JAMAICAN CARROT JUICE AT HOME
24 CARROT GOLD PUNCH RECIPE - IMBIBE MAGAZINE
CARROT PULP BREAD - THERESCIPES.INFO
CARROT PUNCH || CARROT DRINK || CARIBBEAN CARROT PUNCH ...
PINEAPPLE AND CARROT GIN PUNCH | RECIPE | GIN PUNCH RECIPE ...
CARROT PUNCH RECIPES - COOKEATSHARE
SEARCH RESULTS FOR 'CARROT PUNCH' - COOKEATSHARE
24 CARROT COCKTAIL — FROOTS PUNCH
7 BEST MOIST CARROT CAKE RECIPES IN THE WORLD
10 BEST GLAZED CARROTS RECIPES | YUMMLY
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is carrot punch (juice)?How To Make Caribbean Style Carrot Punch (juice). Carrot punch or carrot juice as it’s also called in the Caribbean is one of those rich and creamy drinks you’ll find being made throughout the region. Recipes may differ, but the base ingredient of freshly grated (or food processor as in my case) carrots is constant.
How do you make carrot puree?Puree your carrots with the water in a blender on high until there are no more chunks. My Blendtec did a great job with 3-4 cups of water. Sieve the carrot mixture using a cheesecloth, nut milk bag, or clean kitchen towel. Squeeze really tight to extract all the carrot juice. Set the carrot juice aside and discard the pulp.
How to make carrot juice?Make the Carrot Juice – Puree your carrots with the water in a blender on high until there are no more chunks. I used my Blendtec with 3-4 cups of water. Strain the Juice – Sieve the carrot mixture using a cheesecloth, nut milk bag, or clean kitchen towel. Squeeze really tight to extract all the carrot juice.
What can I do with roasted carrots?This roasted carrots recipe makes extra dressing, which is good because you’ll want to use it on your next burger, over broiled salmon, or in a grain salad. For a little carrot-on-carrot action, don't throw away those leafy green tops. Use them in a pesto, instead. The classic carrot-ginger combo gets extra zesty with lime juice.