I came up with this cauliflower gnocchi recipe after trying Trader Joe's cauliflower gnocchi. This dish reminds me of cauliflower gratin, especially if you add Parmesan-but the gnocchi are also good on their own.-Ben Rogojan, Seattle, Washington
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, place a steamer basket over 1 in. of water. Place cauliflower in basket. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; steam, covered, until tender, 8-10 minutes. Drain. When cauliflower is cool enough to handle, wrap in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze dry., Puree ricotta in a food processor until smooth, 20-30 seconds. Add cauliflower and egg yolk; process until smooth. Add 3/4 cup flour and pulse until mixture forms a soft dough, adding additional flour as needed. Divide dough into 4 portions. On a floured surface, roll each portion into 1/2-in.-thick ropes; cut into 1/2-in. pieces. , In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Cook gnocchi in batches until they float, 30-60 seconds. Remove with a slotted spoon. Melt butter in a large skillet. Add gnocchi and cook over medium heat until gnocchi start to brown, 3-4 minutes. Garnish with sage, if desired. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 165 calories, Fat 10g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 57mg cholesterol, Sodium 486mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
We subbed in cauliflower for all-purpose flour to make a soft and fluffy gnocchi. Toss it in nutty brown butter-caper sauce for an indulgent gluten-free dinner.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Prick the potatoes all over with a fork and place on a baking sheet. Bake, flipping halfway through, until fork-tender, about 45 minutes. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut them in half and carefully scoop the flesh into a large bowl. Add the flour and mash with a fork until just a few chunks of potatoes remain. Make a well in the middle of the mixture and set the bowl aside. Reserve the baking sheet.
- Meanwhile, fill a medium saucepan with 2 inches of water. Set a steamer basket insert into the pot and bring the water to a simmer over medium-high heat. Add the cauliflower, cover and steam until very tender and falling apart when pierced with a fork, 12 to 14 minutes. Drain the cauliflower and use clean kitchen towels to squeeze completely dry.
- Add the cauliflower a food processor along with the Parmesan, egg yolk, 1 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Puree until the mixture is smooth. Pour the puree into the well of the potato mixture and use a fork to gently mix the potatoes and cauliflower until just combined and a soft dough is formed. (Do not overmix the dough or the gnocchi will be unpleasantly dense.)
- Generously flour a work surface. Scoop a heaping 1/2 cup of dough onto the surface and roll into a 12-inch rope. Use a knife to cut the dough into 1-inch pieces and place them on the reserved baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough. Gently press the top of each gnocchi with a fork to make grooves.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a small microwave-safe bowl in the microwave. Brush the gnocchi with the butter. Bake the gnocchi until cooked through and they spring back when pressed, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Melt the remaining 4 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat until brown bits start to form, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from the heat, add the capers and stir until well combined. Toss the gnocchi in the brown butter and sprinkle with the parsley. Serve immediately with a salad on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 220, Fat 12 grams, SaturatedFat 7 grams, Cholesterol 55 milligrams, Sodium 190 milligrams, Carbohydrate 26 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 6 grams, Sugar 2 grams
AIR FRYER CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI
You can cook frozen cauliflower gnocchi easily in the air fryer. Since I always forget the instructions, I am writing them down! Serve with pasta sauce of your choice like pesto or marinara sauce.
Provided by Allison Doll
Number Of Ingredients 2
- Preheat an air fryer to 390 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 6 minutes.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray. Add frozen gnocchi in a single layer into the basket. Spray with cooking spray. You might need to cook in batches.
- Cook until golden brown, about 10 minutes, flipping them after 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 0.4 calories
CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI RECIPE BY TASTY
- Add the cauliflower to a steamer basket set over a medium pot of boiling water. Cover and steam for 10 minutes, or until fork-tender.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a clean dish towel and squeeze the excess water into a bowl.
- Transfer the squeezed cauliflower to a food processor. Add the flour, salt, and olive oil and pulse until the dough forms a ball.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead for 3-4 minutes, or until the dough bounces back when poked.
- Shape the dough into a ball, then cut into 4 equal pieces.
- Working 1 piece at a time, cut in half again, then roll out a rope about 6 inches (3-cm) long and 1 inch (2-cm) wide. Slice each rope into ½-inch (1-cm) pieces.
- Roll each piece along the back of a fork to create a line pattern.
- Transfer the gnocchi to a large pot of salted boiling water. Boil until the gnocchi float to the surface, 3-5 minutes, then remove with a slotted spoon.
- Toss the gnocchi with pesto sauce and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 290 calories, Carbohydrate 51 grams, Fat 5 grams, Fiber 7 grams, Protein 10 grams, Sugar 6 grams
CHEESY BAKED CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add garlic, crushed red pepper, salt, and oregano and cook, stirring throughout, 2 minutes. Add kale a handful at a time, stirring occasionally, until wilted, about 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and balsamic vinegar. Bring just to a boil; remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil over high heat. Add gnocchi and cook until tender, about 2 minutes. Drain and add to tomato sauce mixture. Add 2 tablespoons Parmesan, stirring to combine, about 1 minute. Transfer to an 8x8-inch baking dish. Top with mozzarella and remaining Parmesan.
- Bake until cheese is golden brown and mixture is bubbling, about 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 605.7 calories, Carbohydrate 88.4 g, Cholesterol 31.6 mg, Fat 18.1 g, Fiber 12.5 g, Protein 29 g, SaturatedFat 6.2 g, Sodium 1637.4 mg, Sugar 20.5 g
Gnocchi, or Italian dumplings, are traditionally made with flour and potatoes, but they can also be made with ricotta or other vegetables like pumpkin or spinach. Here, they're made with a combination of cauliflower and potato. The cauliflower is roasted alongside the potato, which helps intensify the vegetable's natural sweetness. If short on time, the gnocchi can be made in advance through Step 4 and frozen. (Arrange gnocchi in a single layer on a baking sheet and freeze until firm, then pack into resealable freezer bags.) When ready to use, sauté the frozen gnocchi as in Step 5, increasing the cook time as needed, or heat gently in tomato sauce, or even just melted butter, until tender.
Provided by Kay Chun
Categories dinner, pastas, project, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Make the gnocchi: Heat oven to 450 degrees. Wrap cauliflower and potato separately in aluminum foil. Roast on a baking sheet until tender, 1 hour. Unwrap and let cool slightly. Cut cauliflower into 4 equal pieces and transfer to a large bowl. Halve potato lengthwise and scoop out flesh into bowl; discard skin.
- Press roasted cauliflower and potato through a ricer onto a clean work surface. Sprinkle 3/4 cup flour and the salt evenly on top and set the yolk on the vegetables. Using a bench scraper or long side of a metal spatula, cut into the mixture, folding over and blending in the flour and yolk into the riced cauliflower mixture, until well incorporated, dusting work surface with flour occasionally to prevent sticking. Gather mixture into a ball and gently knead a few times to form a soft dough. Cut into 2 equal pieces.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile, working with one piece of dough at a time, roll into a 3/4-inch-thick log that is about 24 inches long. Using a sharp knife, cut into 1-inch pieces and transfer gnocchi to a lightly floured baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Add half the gnocchi to boiling water and cook until they start to float, then simmer just until puffed and cooked through, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes longer. (Do pay attention: If the gnocchi are boiled too long, they will start to disintegrate.) Using a spider or slotted spoon, transfer gnocchi to an oiled baking sheet and roll to generously coat in oil to prevent gnocchi from sticking to one another. Repeat with remaining gnocchi.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt 4 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add half the gnocchi and half the capers and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until gnocchi is golden and crispy, about 5 minutes. Stir in half of radishes and half of lemon juice (it may splatter). Divide in 2 shallow bowls and top with chives. Repeat with remaining butter, gnocchi, capers, radishes, lemon juice and chives.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 402, UnsaturatedFat 10 grams, Carbohydrate 34 grams, Fat 28 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 6 grams, SaturatedFat 15 grams, Sodium 506 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams, TransFat 1 gram
More about "cauliflower gnocchi recipes"
CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI RECIPE - SKINNYTASTE
Ratings 42Calories 228 per servingCategory Dinner, Lunch
- Place the cauliflower in a large pot, cover with water (make sure veggies are submerged), and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 22 minutes, until the cauliflower is very soft. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, in batches put 1/3 to 1/2 of the cauliflower in a dish towel and squeeze out as much excess water as possible then place in a large bowl. Repeat with the remaining cauliflower until all of it is well drained and squeezed of all liquid so the dough isn’t too sticky.
- Add the flour and salt into the bowl with the mashed cauliflower and mix with a fork at first, then using your hands to fold and squeeze everything together into a dough.
CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI (TRADER JOE'S COPYCAT!) RECIPE
4.7/5 (9)Total Time 55 minsCuisine AmericanCalories 373 per serving
CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.2/5 (18)Total Time 1 hr 50 minsCategory PastaCalories 254 per serving
CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI RECIPE (EASY + 3 INGREDIENTS) - OKONOMI KITCHEN
CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI CAPRESE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS - BHG.COM
PALEO CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI (POTATO AND NUT FREE, LOW CARB)
2 INGREDIENT CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI - JILLIAN HARRIS
6 RECIPES YOU CAN MAKE WITH TRADER JOE’S CAULIFLOWER …
6 RECIPES USING TRADER JOE'S CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI
CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CAULIFLOWER …
20 BEST TRADER JOE’S CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI RECIPES TO TRY
HOMEMADE CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI - LEARN HOW TO MAKE IT AT HOME
HOMEMADE CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI - LOVE IN MY OVEN
GNOCCHI WITH CARAMELIZED CAULIFLOWER | RICARDO
ITALIAN SHEET PAN TRADER JOE’S CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI RECIPE
CAULIFLOWER CASSEROLE WITH GNOCCHI – A COUPLE COOKS
HOMEMADE CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI RECIPE - PINCH OF YUM
TRADER JOE’S CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI SAGE BUTTER SAUCE - I HEART …
KETO CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI RECIPE - FAMILY ON KETO
HOMEMADE CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI (TRADER JOE'S COPYCAT RECIPE)
5 GENIUS TRADER JOE’S CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI RECIPES - EAT THIS NOT …
CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI (TRADER JOE'S COPYCAT) - WHAT MOLLY MADE
20 TRADER JOE ' S CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI RECIPES READY IN NO TIME
3 WAYS TO COOK TRADER JOE'S CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI - IOWA GIRL EATS
DELICIOUS FLUFFY CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI RECIPE - SCRAMBLED CHEFS
HOW TO MAKE CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI - EATING FINE ON A DIME
HOW TO COOK CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI 3 WAYS | LIFE MADE SWEETER
GREEN GIANT™ CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI ORIGINAL
BAKED CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI RECIPE - RUNNING TO THE KITCHEN®
BAKED CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI WITH SAUSAGE - THE WHOLE COOK
16 TRADER JOE'S CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI RECIPES — HEALTHY TRADER …
HOMEMADE CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI - PINCH OF YUM
AIR FRYER CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI - THE CRISPIEST WAY TO ENJOY IT!
CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI RECIPE WW : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
HOMEMADE CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI (VIDEO) | COOKTORIA
KETO GNOCCHI- JUST 5 INGREDIENTS! - THE BIG MAN'S WORLD
TRADER JOES' CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI WITH BROWN BUTTER AND SAGE …
CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI WITH CRISPY ZUCCHINI AND WHIPPED GOAT CHEESE.
CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI PALEO CASSEROLE - PALEO GLUTEN FREE
2 INGREDIENT CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI RECIPE (GF, GRAIN-FREE)
You'll also love