- Place 1 head cauliflower florets in a 2-quart baking dish. Whisk 1/2 cup heavy cream, 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard and 1 teaspoon salt, then pour over the cauliflower. Sprinkle 1 cup shredded gruyere and 1/3 cup breadcrumbs on top. Bake at 350 degrees F until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, combine cauliflower, heavy cream, flour, and 3/4 cup grated Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Transfer mixture to a 2-quart baking dish, cover tightly with foil, and bake 30 minutes. In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup grated Parmesan and breadcrumbs. Sprinkle over cauliflower. Dot with butter and bake, uncovered, until topping is golden brown and cauliflower is tender when pierced with a knife, 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 287 g, Fat 21 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 10 g
FOUR-CHEESE CAULIFLOWER GRATIN
Combine four cheeses - mozzarella, cheddar or gruyère, cream cheese and parmesan - to make this decadent Sunday lunch side. Add truffle oil for luxury
Provided by Tom Kerridge
Categories Side dish
Yield Serves 8-10
Number Of Ingredients 11
- For the sauce, melt the butter in a shallow saucepan. When it's just starting to sizzle, stir in the flour to make a paste. Cook for a minute, then gradually whisk in the milk until you have a smooth, thick sauce. Stir through the mustard, cream cheese, truffle oil (if using) and parmesan, and cook over a low heat until thickened. Season with lots of black pepper.
- Heat oven to 140C/120C fan/gas 1. Trim the leaves off the cauliflowers and slice into rough steaks about 1cm thick. Don't worry about the outside bits not being slices - it will all be used. Assemble the dish a bit like a lasagne. Spoon a quarter of the cheese sauce into a large baking dish and spread it out, then add half of the cauliflower. Repeat the process, finishing with a thick layer of sauce. Scatter over the mozzarella, and the gruyère or cheddar and crispy onions.
- Bake for 1 hr 30-1 hr 45 mins until the cheese is golden and the cauliflower is soft but not mushy. If you want a golden finish, you can grill it (keep an eye on it) or leave it in when you turn the oven up for the crackling, if making the salt & vinegar roast pork as well. Once baked, leave to stand for 10 mins before serving in the middle of the table.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 279 calories, Fat 19 grams fat, SaturatedFat 11 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 10 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 6 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 16 grams protein, Sodium 1 milligram of sodium
- Spray a 2-quart casserole with cooking spray. Stir the soup, milk, garlic, cauliflower and half of the cheese in the casserole. Sprinkle with the bacon and remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender and mixture is hot and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 183.5 calories, Carbohydrate 10.3 g, Cholesterol 28.5 mg, Fat 11.3 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 10.6 g, SaturatedFat 5.1 g, Sodium 595.3 mg, Sugar 3.7 g
Cauliflower gratin is a lower-carb side dish that pairs well with pork, ham or beef. It's so creamy and delicious that even the kids will ask for seconds! If you like a little crunch, sprinkle buttered bread crumbs over the top for the last five minutes in the oven. - Mary Zinchiak, Boardman, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place cauliflower on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Toss to coat. Bake 8 minutes. Stir; bake until crisp-tender and lightly browned, 7-8 minutes longer., In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in next 6 ingredients and remaining ½ teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper until smooth. , Pour ¾ cup cheese sauce into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with cauliflower and remaining cheese sauce. Bake, uncovered, until bubbly and lightly browned, 30-35 minutes. If desired, top with chopped fresh thyme.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 196 calories, Fat 14g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 34mg cholesterol, Sodium 291mg sodium, Carbohydrate 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 9g protein.
CAULIFLOWER AU GRATIN
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add cauliflower, cover, and steam until tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x9-inch baking dish.
- Heat butter in a small saucepan over low heat; cook and stir onion in the melted butter until softened, about 5 minutes. Add flour; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture just starts to brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Gradually pour milk into mixture, whisking into a smooth sauce. Cook until just simmering.
- Remove sauce from heat and stir in half the Cheddar cheese until melted; sprinkle with pepper and nutmeg.
- Place steamed cauliflower in the prepared baking dish; pour cheese sauce over cauliflower. Sprinkle with remaining Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and browned, about 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 207.9 calories, Carbohydrate 10.6 g, Cholesterol 43.2 mg, Fat 14.2 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 10.8 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, Sodium 249.4 mg, Sugar 4.9 g
Prep Ina Garten's recipe for Cauliflower Gratin from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network ahead as a creamy, cheesy vegetable side for a no-stress dinner party.
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook the cauliflower florets in a large pot of boiling salted water for 5 to 6 minutes, until tender but still firm. Drain.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Add the flour, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon for 2 minutes. Pour the hot milk into the butter-flour mixture and stir until it comes to a boil. Boil, whisking constantly, for 1 minute, or until thickened. Off the heat, add 1 teaspoon of salt, the pepper, nutmeg, 1/2 cup of the Gruyere, and the Parmesan.
- Pour 1/3 of the sauce on the bottom of an 8 by 11 by 2-inch baking dish. Place the drained cauliflower on top and then spread the rest of the sauce evenly on top. Combine the bread crumbs with the remaining 1/4 cup of Gruyere and sprinkle on top. Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and drizzle over the gratin. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the top is browned. Serve hot or at room temperature.
More about "cauliflower gratin recipes"
CHEESY CAULIFLOWER AU GRATIN RECIPE - THE COOKIE ROOKIE®
4.3/5 (6)Category Side DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 45 mins
- Tear the bread into fourths and place bread, 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan, 2 tablespoons Gruyere and dried herbs in a food processor fitted with the metal blade. Pulse 4-6 times until coarse crumbs form. Drizzle in the olive oil and pulse 2-3 more times or until the breadcrumbs are coated; set aside.
- Heat oven to 400°F and adjust the oven rack to middle position. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil, and spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray. Spray an 8x11x2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
CAULIFLOWER GRATIN - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
5/5 (123)Category Side DishCuisine FrenchTotal Time 40 mins
- Place the cauliflower florets in a large microwave-safe bowl. Add a tablespoon of water. Cover with a microwave-safe plate and microwave on high for 7-8 minutes, until just tender.
- Drain the cooked cauliflower well and pat dry. Add to the sauce, tossing to combine, then transfer to the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the Parmesan on top and bake until heated through, about 10 minutes.
GLUTEN FREE CAULIFLOWER GRATIN RECIPE BY SIMPLY GLUTEN FREE
5/5 Total Time 55 minsCategory Side DishCalories 447 per serving
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the cauliflower florets and cook until crisp tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Whisk in the milk, ¾ teaspoon salt, the pepper, and nutmeg. Cook, stirring frequently, until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Add the Gruyere cheese and ½ cup Parmesan cheese and cook, stirring, until all the cheese melts.
- Spoon a thin layer of the sauce into the prepared baking dish. Add the cauliflower in an even layer, and pour the rest of the sauce over top.
BAREFOOT CONTESSA | CAULIFLOWER GRATIN | RECIPES
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Cook the cauliflower florets in a large pot of boiling salted water for 5 to 6 minutes, until tender but still firm. Drain.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Add the flour, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon for 2 minutes. Pour the hot milk into the butter-flour mixture and stir until it comes to a boil. Boil, whisking constantly, for 1 minute, or until thickened. Off the heat, add 1 teaspoon of salt, the pepper, nutmeg, 1⁄2 cup of the Gruyère, and the Parmesan cheese.
- Pour one third of the sauce on the bottom of an 8 x 11 x 2-inch baking dish. Place the drained cauliflower on top and then spread the rest of the sauce evenly on top. Combine the bread crumbs with the remaining 1⁄4 cup of Gruyère and sprinkle on top. Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and drizzle over the gratin. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the top is browned. Serve hot or at room temperature.
CREAMY CAULIFLOWER GRATIN - DAMN DELICIOUS
4.7/5 (3)Category ThanksgivingServings 6Estimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
CAULIFLOWER GRATIN RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
See details »
CAULIFLOWER GRATIN – FRENCH WOMEN DON'T GET FAT
See details »
75 CAULIFLOWER RECIPES WE CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF | FOOD ...
See details »
EASY CAULIFLOWER GRATIN | LEMON BLOSSOMS
5/5 (1)Category Side DishCuisine FrenchTotal Time 40 mins
- You can cook the cauliflower in a large pot of boiling salted water for about 4-5 minutes, then drain. Or you can place the cauliflower florets in a microwave safe bowl with ½ cup of water. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and microwave for about 5 minutes. Remove from the microwave and drain.
- Meanwhile, make a roux by melting 2 tablespoons of butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Add the flour and cook for about 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
CAULIFLOWER AND FENNEL GRATIN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (1)Servings 8
- Preheat oven to 450º. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add cauliflower, and sauté 4 minutes. Add fennel slices, and sauté 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with flour, salt, and nutmeg; add fennel fronds, and lightly toss together.
- Spoon into a 2-quart gratin or baking dish. Pour cream over mixture. Sprinkle with remaining ingredients.
KETO CAULIFLOWER GRATIN RECIPE - KETOFOCUS
4.5/5 (2)Servings 6Cuisine AmericanCategory Sides
- Remove florets and place in between two layers of paper towels or clean towels. Gently press the excess moisture out of the florets. Set aside.
CAULIFLOWER GRATIN RECIPE WITH BUTTERY RITZ TOPPING - AN ...
Cuisine AmericanCategory Side DishServings 8Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Whisk together the cream cheese, milk, Frank’s RedHot sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, and black pepper in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Once the sauce is smooth, whisk in the shredded cheese a handful at a time until the sauce is smooth.
- Add the Ritz crackers to a zip-top plastic bag and crush. Add the thyme, black pepper, and butter, seal the bag, and shake it around to mix.
CAULIFLOWER GRATIN - EASY LOW CARB KETO SIDE DISH | PALEO
Ratings 1Servings 6Cuisine AmericanCategory Side Dish
- PREHEAT OVEN to 400F degrees.GREASE a 9x13 baking pan and add the broccoli and cauliflower. Drizzle with 1 tsp avocado oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes, or until slightly browned.
- MAKE THE CREAMY SAUCE: Meanwhile, melt vegan butter OR avocado oil over medium heat then sprinkle in flour and cook for 1 minute while whisking constantly. Slowly pour in broth, then milk, coconut cream & cream cheese while whisking to prevent lumps from forming. Continue cooking and stirring until sauce reduces and thickens - taste and season with salt, pepper, onion salt & garlic powder as needed. POUR the thickened sauce over the roasted broccoli and cauliflower.
- TOP with nut crumbs followed by crushed crackers OR pork rinds mixture or Parmesan crisps.BAKE for 13-18 minutes, or until bubbly and topping is golden.
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER GRATIN - CREAMY CHEESE GRATIN RECIPE
4.8/5 (47)Category Side DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 45 mins
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spread out the florets on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat (I usually use clean hands to make sure the cauliflower is evenly coated). Place them in the oven to roast for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, stir the florets with a wooden spoon. Return to the oven and roast for about 15 minutes longer till the edges brown/caramelize and the cauliflower is tender.
- While the cauliflower roasts, in a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour, salt, and pepper. Stir to form a thick paste.
- Slowly whisk in the milk, ¼ cup at a time. Heat the milk mixture over medium heat for a few minutes, whisking frequently, till it thickens and begins to bubble around the edges. Do not let the sauce boil.
- Whisk in the grated cheddar cheese and stir till melted. Reduce heat to lowest setting, stirring frequently, until ready to assemble the gratin.
CAULIFLOWER GRATIN - IOWA GIRL EATS
5/5 (6)Category Bake, Holiday, Kid Friendly, Side DishServings 5-6Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil then add the cauliflower florets and boil until al dente (don’t over boil!) 3-4 minutes. Drain then set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat then sprinkle in flour and cook for 1 minute while whisking constantly. Slowly pour in milk while whisking then turn heat up to medium-high and bring to a simmer while whisking constantly. Turn heat back down to medium then simmer for 1 minute or until milk has thickened, still stirring constantly. Remove pan from the heat then add 1/2 cup each gruyere and parmesan cheeses and stir until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add enough of the cheese sauce to thinly coat the bottom of an 8x11” baking pan. Add cauliflower florets then cover with remaining sauce. Top with remaining cheeses then bake for 30-35 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and bubbly. Broil for a few minutes at the end if you want a darker top.
CAULIFLOWER GRATIN | RICARDO
5/5 (31)Category AppetizersServings 2Total Time 40 mins See details »
CAULIFLOWER GRATIN RECIPE – GRATIN AU CHOU-FLEUR
Calories 272Saturated Fat 9g 46%Cholesterol 44mg 15%Total Fat 17g 21% See details »
CREAMY CAULIFLOWER AU GRATIN WITH BACON RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
See details »
MODERN CAULIFLOWER GRATIN — LIGHTER AND MORE ... - FOOD GAL
See details »
CAULIFLOWER GRATIN RECIPE | SIMMONE LOGUE
See details »
CAULIFLOWER GRATIN RECIPE | THEHUB FROM WALMART CANADA
See details »
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #side-dishes #eggs-dairy #vegetables #cheese #dietary #low-calorie #low-carb #low-in-something #cauliflower
You'll also love