CAULIFLOWER MAC 'N' CHEESE
I've written this recipe to serve 6, but it's easy to double up if you want to get into the batch-cooking vibe and get an extra meal or two in the freezer, or if you want to safely drop a dish on a neighbour's doorstep (just don't forget to back away once you've rung the bell. Social distancing, people!). You can get this prepped in the morning, ready to bake up for lunch or dinner. Happy days.
Provided by Jamie Oliver
Categories Keep cooking and carry on Cauliflower
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4.
- Put a large shallow ovenproof casserole pan on a medium heat with the butter.
- Trim, halve, wash and slice the leek and add to the pan. Stir regularly while you trim, slice and add the celery, then trim, chop and add the fennel, if using.
- Break the cauliflower into florets, then cut into 2cm-thick slices and finely slice the stalk and any nice leaves. Add the stalk and leaves to the pan and cook for 10 minutes, or until soft but not coloured, stirring regularly.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water for 8 minutes (5 if using macaroni). Reserving a mugful of starchy cooking water, drain the pasta and pour into a 25cm x 35cm baking dish (or divide between smaller ones), along with the cauliflower florets.
- Stir the flour into the veg pan for 30 seconds, then gradually pour in the milk, stirring all the time, followed by 500ml of water. Simmer for 5 minutes, then stir in the mustard and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Let the sauce blip away until thickened while you coarsely grate the cheese.
- Stir the cheese into the sauce, then blitz until smooth with a hand blender, or in batches in a food processor.
- Pour over the pasta and cauliflower florets then, if you need to loosen it, add a little reserved pasta water - the sauce will thicken up as it bakes.
- Blitz your stale bread into crumbs in the processor (or smash up in a clean tea towel). Peel and grate the garlic. Pick the herb leaves, if using, and mix it all together with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Scatter the crumbs over the pasta, grating over more cheese, if you've got it, then bake for 30 minutes, or until golden and bubbling.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 477 calories, Fat 11.6 g fat, SaturatedFat 6 g saturated fat, Protein 21.8 g protein, Carbohydrate 75.6 g carbohydrate, Sugar 9.8 g sugar, Sodium 1.1 g salt, Fiber 5.8 g fibre
BAKED CAULIFLOWER "MAC" AND CHEESE
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Place 1 inch of water in a large pot with 1 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Add the cauliflower and cook until tender crisp, 6 to 7 minutes. Drain and set aside in a large bowl.
- Heat butter and oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and cook about 2 minutes.
- Stir in flour. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring continually 3 - 4 minutes, to cook out the flour.
- Add the milk and continue whisking, raising heat to medium-high until it comes to a boil and becomes smooth and thick, about 2 minutes stirring; season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper.
- Once it becomes thick, remove from heat completely onto another burner if possible. Add the cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup at a time mixing well until cheese is all melted.
- Stir in cooked cauliflower, then pour into a baking dish and bake until bubbly and golden, about 15 to 20 minutes. Then broil 2 minutes, or until the top is slightly browned.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 1/4 cups, Calories 238 kcal, Carbohydrate 16.5 g, Protein 14 g, Fat 14.5 g, SaturatedFat 8.5 g, Cholesterol 42 mg, Sodium 381 mg, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 7 g
Provided by Zach Paquette
Categories Main Dish Recipes Pasta Macaroni and Cheese Recipes Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until tender yet firm to the bite, 8 minutes. Drain.
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add cauliflower, cover, and steam until tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Place cauliflower in a blender or food processor; blend until smooth.
- Coat a large saucepan with non-stick cooking spray; place over medium heat. Add oil and flour; cook, stirring constantly, until a thick paste forms, 1 to 2 minutes. Add milk; cook and stir until mixture thickens, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Mix cauliflower, Cheddar cheese, cream cheese, salt, and pepper into milk mixture; stir until sauce is smooth. Fold macaroni into sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 470.7 calories, Carbohydrate 34.3 g, Cholesterol 77.7 mg, Fat 28.5 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 19.3 g, SaturatedFat 16.1 g, Sodium 655.5 mg, Sugar 3.1 g
CAULIFLOWER "MAC" AND CHEESE
Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a baking dish with butter.
- Cook the cauliflower in the boiling water until just crisp-tender, about 10 minutes. Drain well.
- In a large saucepan, heat the milk and butter over medium heat. Whisk in the dry mustard and add some hot sauce, salt and pepper. Just before the milk comes to a boil, turn off the heat and stir in the pepper jack and goat cheese. When melted and smooth, stir in the cauliflower. Spread the mixture into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle over the Parmesan.
- Bake until the top is golden brown and the mixture is bubbling, about 30 minutes. Let rest for a few minutes before serving.
CAULIFLOWER "MAC" AND CHEESE CASSEROLE
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season the water with salt.
- Spray the baking dish with vegetable oil spray.
- Cook the cauliflower in the boiling water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well and pat between several layers of paper towels to dry. Transfer the cauliflower to the baking dish and set aside.
- Bring the cream to a simmer in a small saucepan, and whisk in the cream cheese and mustard until smooth. Stir in 1 cup of the cheese, salt, pepper and garlic and whisk just until the cheese melts, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat, pour over the cauliflower, and stir to combine. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bake until browned and bubbly hot, about 15 minutes. Serve.
CAULIFLOWER "MAC" AND CHEESE
Somewhere between macaroni and cheese, British cauliflower cheese and a cauliflower gratin is this burbling dish of tangy, creamy cauliflower. Cauliflower florets cut into noodle-size pieces step in for macaroni in this pasta-less macaroni and cheese; they're roasted and draped in a mixture of melty Cheddar, heavy cream, garlic and cayenne. You could also add mustard, thyme or rosemary, or even caramelized onions, and swap out the Cheddar for Gruyère or another cheese. As the cauliflower cooks in the cream mixture, the cream thickens slightly and the cauliflower continues to brown. Serve it with a bright, crisp salad to offset the richness.
Provided by Ali Slagle
Categories dinner, weekday, casseroles, vegetables, main course, side dish
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees. Toss the cauliflower with the olive oil on a baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper, spread in an even layer and roast until browned and cooked through but retaining some bite, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer the cauliflower to an 8-inch or other 2-quart baking dish. (You could also bake this in individual ramekins; just mix the cauliflower with the other ingredients in a medium bowl before dividing.) Reserve 1/4 cup Cheddar. Add the remaining 1 1/4 cups Cheddar, heavy cream, garlic and cayenne to the cauliflower and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper, then top with the reserved 1/4 cup Cheddar.
- Roast until the cream has thickened, the cheese has melted, and some of the cauliflower is browned on top, 15 to 20 minutes. Let sit 5 minutes before serving.
5-INGREDIENT CAULIFLOWER MAC 'N' CHEESE RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: cauliflower, salt, pepper, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, fresh parsley
Provided by Mercedes Sandoval
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Cut cauliflower into small florets, about 4 cups (1.2 kg).
- Add cauliflower florets into a 6-quart (6 L) Dutch oven of boiling water and boil for 5 minutes.
- Drain the cauliflower in a colander, and return to the pot. Reduce heat to low.
- Add in salt, pepper, and sour cream, and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in cheddar cheese until melted.
- Remove from heat. Top with parsley (optional).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 253 calories, Carbohydrate 19 grams, Fat 15 grams, Fiber 7 grams, Protein 14 grams, Sugar 7 grams
CAULIFLOWER "MACARONI" AND CHEESE
A healthier version of the classic comfort food... it won for "Best Mac and Cheese" at our annual cookout, kids love it, and you don't feel as guilty!
Provided by angelinamarie3
Categories Cauliflower Side Dishes
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add cauliflower and cook until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat, drain, and set on paper towels to dry.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute. Pour in heavy cream and cook until bubbling. Slowly add 1 cup Cheddar cheese; cook, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place cauliflower in the prepared baking dish. Pour cheese sauce over top and stir until thoroughly coated. Sprinkle remaining Cheddar cheese over top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is fully melted, about 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 261.8 calories, Carbohydrate 6.3 g, Cholesterol 71.8 mg, Fat 21.8 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 11.7 g, SaturatedFat 13.7 g, Sodium 283.9 mg, Sugar 2.5 g
CAULIFLOWER MAC & CHEESE
Combine cauliflower cheese with macaroni and thyme for a comforting pasta bake that only takes 10 minutes to prepare
Provided by Katy Gilhooly
Categories Dinner, Lunch, Main course, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Toss the cauliflower with the oil and half the thyme, and spread out on a large non-stick baking tray. Roast for 20 mins until softened and golden brown. Meanwhile, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the macaroni following pack instructions. Drain.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan, stir in the flour and mustard, and cook for 2 mins. Remove from the heat and gradually whisk in the milk and remaining thyme. Return to the heat and cook for 4-5 mins, whisking all the time, until you have a thick, smooth sauce. Remove from the heat for 2 mins, then stir in the cheddar and half the Parmesan.
- If the macaroni is sticking together, pour a little boiling water over it, then drain and add to the sauce with the cauliflower. If the sauce is a bit thick, add a splash more milk. Tip into a large, shallow baking dish, sprinkle over the remaining Parmesan and top with the macadamias. Bake for 20 mins until cooked through and bubbling at the edges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 898 calories, Fat 45 grams fat, SaturatedFat 21 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 78 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 15 grams sugar, Fiber 10 grams fiber, Protein 39 grams protein, Sodium 1.3 milligram of sodium
BEST EVER CAULIFLOWER MAC & CHEESE
We all know that the best topping for cauliflower is cheese, now you can have both your comfort food and your veggie all in one bowl. Inspired by Jamie Oliver's cauliflower mac & cheese, this one is a creamy, vegetarian dish with hidden veggies for your kids!
Provided by colleenfitzgerald_1
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook the cauliflower in simmering water until tender. Use a slotted spoon to remove.
- Cut the cauliflower florets into bite size pieces.
- Return water to the boil and cook the pasta in the same water. Drain.
- Combine the melted butter, breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl and set aside.
- Melt the butter in medium sauce pan.
- Add flour mixed with salt, nutmeg and pepper, using a whisk to stir until well blended.
- Slowly add the milk and cream, stirring continuously until blended.
- Simmer for 2 minutes or until it thickens, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add the cheese, stirring until melted.
- Combine the pasta, cauliflower and cheese sauce and transfer to a buttered casserole dish.
- Top with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the breadcrumbs form a crispy crust.
CAULIFLOWER "MAC 'N' CHEESE" CASSEROLE
This gluten-free dish offers all the melty goodness of a mac 'n' cheese dinner, without the carb-heavy pasta. A dash of curry powder adds a gentle hint of spice that makes this a freezer dinner the whole family can get excited about. Make a double batch and freeze an extra for an emergency dinner that's actually delicious.
Provided by Anna Stockwell
Categories Freezer Food Macaroni and Cheese Cauliflower Wheat/Gluten-Free Cheese Milk/Cream Dinner Vegetarian Cheese Week
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Toss cauliflower and 1/4 tsp. salt in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, pierce plastic with a knife a few times to vent, and microwave on high 10 minutes. Carefully remove plastic and transfer cauliflower to a colander. Let cool to room temperature, then transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, cook milk, cream cheese, curry powder, mustard, and remaining 1 tsp. salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth, about 4 minutes. Let cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes. Add cauliflower and toss to combine. Add mozzarella and 6 oz. cheddar and toss to combine-mixture should be cool enough so cheese doesn't melt. Transfer cauliflower mixture to freezer-to-oven-safe baking dish or dishes.
- If baking immediately, preheat oven to 350°F. Cover dish with foil and bake casserole until heated through and just beginning to bubble, about 45 minutes for large dish, or about 30 minutes for small dishes. Remove foil and sprinkle cheddar over. Heat broiler and broil until top is browned and bubbling, 2-5 minutes.
- If freezing to bake later, cover dish with an airtight lid or double layer of plastic wrap and freeze up to 3 months. To cook, preheat oven to 350°F. Cover dish with foil and bake casserole 45 minutes for large dish, or 30 minutes for small dishes. Remove foil and stir well with a rubber spatula. Continue to bake, uncovered, until just bubbling and heated through, 10-15 minutes more. Sprinkle cheddar over. Heat broiler and broil until top is browned and bubbling, 2-5 minutes.
- To cook individually portioned frozen casseroles in the microwave, partially cover and microwave on high 4 minutes. Uncover, stir, and microwave at 1-minute intervals until heated through, 4-5 minutes more.
- Top with chives, if using, before serving.
- Do Ahead
- Casserole(s) can be assembled 1 day ahead; cover and chill, or freeze up to 3 months.
CAULIFLOWER & MACARONI CHEESE
What do you get if you add cauliflower, cheese and macaroni? Comfort food heaven
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Lunch, Main course
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Cook the macaroni following pack instructions, adding the cauliflower for the final 4 mins.
- Melt the butter in a pan, then stir in the flour and mustard powder and cook for 2 mins. Gradually add the milk, stirring all the time to get a smooth sauce. Add three-quarters of the cheese and some seasoning to the sauce.
- Drain the macaroni and cauliflower and stir into the cheese sauce. Transfer to an ovenproof dish, then sprinkle over the remaining cheese and flash under a hot grill until golden and bubbling. Serve with a green salad, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 446 calories, Fat 17 grams fat, SaturatedFat 10 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 57 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 7 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 19 grams protein, Sodium 0.68 milligram of sodium
More about "cauliflower mac n cheese recipes"
10 BEST CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE WITH CREAM CHEESE - DAD WITH A PAN
CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE - WILL COOK FOR SMILES
THE 10 BEST CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE RECIPES | CHOMPS
THE BEST KETO CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE - SO CHEESY! - KETOFOCUS
CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE - THE BIG MAN'S WORLD
MACARONI CHEESE AND CAULIFLOWER BAKE RECIPE - GORDON RAMSAY
BEST BAKED MAC AND CHEESE WITH HIDDEN CAULIFLOWER RECIPES
BAKED CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
RECIPE: CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE - KITCHN
CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE - DARING KITCHEN
BEST CAULIFLOWER "MAC" AND CHEESE RECIPE (LOW CARB & KETO …
BAKED CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE - SOUTHERN PLATE
BEST CAULIFLOWER "MAC" AND CHEESE RECIPES | THE PIONEER WOMAN …
12 EASY CHEESY CAULIFLOWER DISHES - GOODFOOD.COM.AU
CAULIFLOWER MAC 'N' CHEESE - COUNTRY LIVING
KETO CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE (6 INGREDIENTS!) - WHOLESOME YUM
MACARONI CAULIFLOWER CHEESE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
ONE POT CREAMY CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE. - HALF BAKED HARVEST
CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE - COOK WITH CAMPBELLS CANADA
SKINNY CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE - DAMN DELICIOUS
CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE: QUICK, EASY, HEALTHY
CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
THE BEST KETO CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE - KETOCONNECT
CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
BEST BAKED CAULIFLOWER "MAC" AND CHEESE - CREME DE LA CRUMB
CREAMY MAC AND CHEESE WITH CAULIFLOWER RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE - DON'T SWEAT THE RECIPE
MACARONI CAULIFLOWER CHEESE BAKE BEST RECIPES
CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE - THE SPRUCE EATS
BAKED CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE - LESS THAN 200 CALORIES!
CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE - SELF PROCLAIMED FOODIE
CREAMY CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE
CAULIFLOWER MAC & CHEESE - MY FUSSY EATER | EASY KIDS RECIPES
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE AND MACARONI RECIPE - KATE WINSLOW | FOOD
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love