CEDAR PLANKED SALMON
This is a dish my brother prepared for me in Seattle. It is by far the best salmon I've ever eaten. I like to serve it with an Asian-inspired rice and roasted asparagus.
Provided by Wendy Freeman-More
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Soak the cedar planks for at least 1 hour in warm water. Soak longer if you have time.
- In a shallow dish, stir together the vegetable oil, rice vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, green onions, ginger, and garlic. Place the salmon fillets in the marinade and turn to coat. Cover and marinate for at least 15 minutes, or up to one hour.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat. Place the planks on the grate. The boards are ready when they start to smoke and crackle just a little.
- Place the salmon fillets onto the planks and discard the marinade. Cover, and grill for about 20 minutes. Fish is done when you can flake it with a fork. It will continue to cook after you remove it from the grill.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 678.4 calories, Carbohydrate 1.7 g, Cholesterol 178.6 mg, Fat 45.8 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 61.3 g, SaturatedFat 8.6 g, Sodium 981.2 mg, Sugar 0.4 g
CEDAR PLANK-GRILLED SALMON WITH GARLIC, LEMON AND DILL
- Soak an untreated cedar plank (or planks) large enough to hold a side of salmon (5 to 7 inches wide and 16 to 20 inches long) in water, weighting it with something heavy, like a brick, so it stays submerged 30 minutes to 24 hours.
- When ready to grill, either build a charcoal fire in half the grill or turn grill burners on high for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, mix oil, garlic, dill, salt, pepper and lemon zest; rub over salmon and into scored areas to coat.
- Place soaked cedar on hot grill grate, close lid, and watch until wood starts to smoke, about 5 minutes. Transfer salmon to hot plank, move salmon off direct charcoal heat or turn burners to low, and cook covered until salmon is just opaque throughout (130 on a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest section) 20 to 25 minutes or longer, depending on thickness and grill temperature. Let sit 5 minutes; serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 366.2 calories, Carbohydrate 1.1 g, Cholesterol 82.6 mg, Fat 26.4 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 29.2 g, SaturatedFat 4.7 g, Sodium 662.5 mg
CEDAR PLANKED SALMON WITH DILL
- Soak cedar plank in water for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat grill for indirect cooking over medium heat.
- Mix Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, lemon juice, lemon zest, dill, and garlic in a bowl.
- Arrange salmon on soaked cedar plank and spread mustard mixture over salmon.
- Place cedar plank on the cooler side of the grill; cook until salmon is easily flaked with a fork, 25 to 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 515.6 calories, Carbohydrate 8.9 g, Cholesterol 124.4 mg, Fat 36.3 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 36.2 g, SaturatedFat 5.8 g, Sodium 993.3 mg, Sugar 0.3 g
GRILLED CEDAR PLANK SALMON WITH LEMON-DILL TOPPING
You will need 2 (15 x 6-inch) cedar grilling planks, and plan ahead the planks must be soaked in water for a minimum of 9 hours! This is a never fail recipe with complete instructions for the best tasting cedar-plank salmon you will ever have! Try to use seasoned salt for this, it really brings out tons of flavor! This salmon is even delicious without the lemon topping, adjust all ingredients to taste for the topping.
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Categories Very Low Carbs
Yield 2-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Do this 9 hours or more ahead; place the cedar planks in water to completely cover them (use a heavy object to place on top of them to weigh down the planks).
- When ready to grill, for the topping; in a bowl combine the dill, parsley, lemon juice, oil and minced fresh garlic; set aside.
- Sprinkle the salmon with the seasoned salt and black pepper.
- Set grill to about 350 - 400°F.
- Remove the planks from water and place the planks on the cooking grate and grill covered for 2 minutes or until the planks begin to LIGHTLY smoke.
- Place 2 fillets on each of the cedar planks; cover with grill lid and cook for 15-18 minutes or until the fish flakes with a fork.
- Using a heat-proof spatula remove the fish from planks and transfer to serving plates.
- Carefully remove the planks from the grill using long tongs.
- Spoon the herb mixture over the fish and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 555.8, Fat 28.5, SaturatedFat 4.5, Cholesterol 154.8, Sodium 255.3, Carbohydrate 2.2, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 0.6, Protein 69.3
CEDAR PLANK SALMON WITH CUCUMBER DILL SAUCE
This is, by far, one of the best Salmon recipes I have. Don't let the 10 garlic cloves scare you off, with cooking they become quite mellow. This is my DH favorite Cucumber Dill sauce....and he always asks for it!
Provided by Abby Girl
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Soak cedar plank in water for several hours.
- In small bowl, combine shallots, garlic, dill, thyme, cilantro, lemon zest, lemon juice, green onion and olive oil. Cover and place in fridge for at least 1 hours.
- Place salmon on cedar plank and sprinkle with salt and pepper Cover with herb mixture. Set plank on barbecue. Bake for 30 minutes on medium heat, until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Cucumber Dill Sauce: Finely chop cucumber, toss with salt and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Combine yogurt, sour cream, lemon juice, pepper, onion and dill.
- Drain water from cucumber and add to yogurt mixture. (Sauce can be made ahead of time).
- Note: The recipe can be cut in half.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 375.3, Fat 10.9, SaturatedFat 3.6, Cholesterol 99, Sodium 224.2, Carbohydrate 29.7, Fiber 2.2, Sugar 2.8, Protein 40.8
More about "cedar planked salmon with dill recipes"
CEDAR PLANK SALMON WITH LEMON AND DILL - (NO PLANK SOAKING)
Ratings 23Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanTotal Time 40 mins
- Turn a gas grill to medium heat (250-300 degrees) or over medium heat charcoal, place the unsoaked plank on the grill.
- For a gas grill: heat the gas grill to 300 degrees in an Indirect Method (for a 4 burner grill, leave the outer 2 burners on and turn the inner 2 burners off; or if having fewer burners, leave one side of the grill on and the other side off. For charcoal: build a medium fire and separate the coals on both sides of the grill leaving the middle section free of coals).
CEDAR PLANKED SALMON WITH LEMON, GARLIC & HERBS - ONCE ...
Cuisine AmericanCategory DinnerServings 4Calories 478 per serving
- In a baking dish large enough to hold the salmon, combine the olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon zest, rosemary, thyme, and garlic. Mix well. Add the salmon and turn to coat evenly with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until ready to grill (you can do this up to 4 hours ahead of time).
- Pat the soaked plank(s) dry and place the salmon on top. Place the plank(s) on the grill grates, close the cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or until salmon is done to your liking. Douse or mist the plank(s) with a bit of water if it catches fire. Serve the salmon on a platter right off the plank(s) with lemon wedges.
PLANKED SALMON WITH MUSTARD-DILL GLAZE - BARBECUEBIBLE.COM
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
10 OF THE BEST CEDAR PLANK SALMON RECIPES - GOURMET ...
CEDAR-PLANKED SALMON WITH LEMON AND DILL RECIPE | FOOD …
5/5 Total Time 3 hrs 45 minsServings 8
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the salt with the light brown sugar, chopped dill and grated lemon zest. Coat the salmon fillets thoroughly with the rub and arrange them in a large, shallow dish in one layer. Cover and refrigerate the salmon for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Rinse the salmon and pat dry. Return the salmon to the dish and cover with the sake. Refrigerate for 1 hour, turning the salmon halfway through.
- Light a grill, cover and heat for 10 minutes. Grill the cedar planks until grill marks appear, about 30 seconds per side.
CEDAR PLANK SALMON RECIPE | HEALTHY SALMON RECIPES
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 25 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 295 per serving
- Soak cedar planks in water for 4 to 6 hours. (This is essential to make sure planks do not catch fire, so don't skimp on this step).
- Mix together all crust ingredients and spread on the upper side (not the skin side) of the salmon fillets.
- Season the soaked planks with salt and pepper and place on the grill for 3 to 5 minutes with lid closed. They will begin to crackle and smoke.
CEDAR PLANKED SALMON WITH GARLIC,LEMON AND DILL RECIPE ...
5/5 (1)Total Time 50 minsCategory Very Low CarbsCalories 291 per serving
- Soak an untreated cedar plank (or planks) in water,weighting it down so it stays submerged, for about 8 hours.
- When ready to grill, either build a charcoal fire in half the grill or turn grill burners on high for 10 minutes.
CEDAR PLANK SALMON RECIPE WITH CREAMY DILL SAUCE
5/5 (1)Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanTotal Time 25 mins
- To make the sauce, add together the sour cream, yogurt, garlic, Dijon, lemon zest and juice, dill and season with salt and pepper. Mix well and adjust seasoning.
- When planks are done soaking, place salmon filets on top, skin side down and season with salt and pepper.
- Reserve about 1/2 cup of yogurt sauce and spoon the rest of the sauce over salmon. Top with additional lemon slices and extra fresh dill.
CEDAR PLANK SALMON WITH LEMON AND DILL - SIMPLY SO GOOD
4.5/5 (4)Total Time 40 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 272 per serving
- Place cedar planks in a container filled with water. Add lemon slices and fresh herbs. Let soak for 30 minutes. Remove planks from water. Place 2-3 salmon fillets per plank. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place on a preheated 350-400F degree grill. Watch heat carefully. Close lid and grill for 10-12 minutes depending on the size of the fillets.
- Option: If you don't have a grill, place the plank in a 350F oven and bake. You won't get the smoky flavor of the grill, but the cedar flavor should be lovely.
CEDAR PLANK SALMON WITH CUCUMBER DILL SAUCE – THE BEST OF ...
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
CEDAR-PLANKED SALMON WITH MUSTARD DILL SAUCE
81% Category Lunch,Main Course,Main Dish,DinnerServings 6Total Time 45 mins
CEDAR PLANKED SALMON - WORLD COOKING RECIPES
Reviews 1Estimated Reading Time 40 secs
PLANKED SALMON WITH DILL AND LEMON RECIPE BY THE DAILY ...
4.5/5 (2)Category EntreesCuisine AmericanTotal Time 30 mins
CEDAR PLANKED SALMON WITH LEMON & DILL
Author Rose OlsonEstimated Reading Time 40 secs
CEDAR-PLANKED SALMON WITH LEMON AND DILL RECIPE — PACIFIC ...
Email [email protected]Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
CEDAR PLANKED SALMON WITH DILL - SALMON FILLET RECIPES
CEDAR BUTTER RECIPES | RECIPEBRIDGE RECIPE SEARCH
COOKING SALMON ON CEDAR PLANK ON BBQ - JUST EASY RECIPE
SURF AND SURF CEDAR PLANK GRILLED SALMON AND HALIBUT WITH ...
CEDAR PLANKED SALMON RECIPE ...
CEDAR-PLANKED SALMON WITH DILL SAUCE FOR SIX | CANADIAN …
CEDAR PLANKED SALMON WITH DILL RECIPE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook cedar plank salmon?Last, but not least, the seasoned cedar plank salmon is a simple, tasty way to prepare fish! It takes about 15 minutes of cooking time. Pre-soak your planks in water for several hours. Preheat your grill. While waiting, use a bowl to mix your dill, parsley, oil, minced garlic, and lemon juice. Season the salmon with salt and pepper.
How do you cook salmon on a cedar Grill?When ready to grill, either build a charcoal fire in half the grill or turn grill burners on high for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, mix oil, garlic, dill, salt, pepper and lemon zest; rub over salmon and into scored areas to coat. Place soaked cedar on hot grill grate, close lid, and watch until wood starts to smoke, about 5 minutes.
How long do you soak salmon in cedar wood?Soak an untreated cedar plank (or planks) large enough to hold a side of salmon (5 to 7 inches wide and 16 to 20 inches long) in water, weighting it with something heavy, like a brick, so it stays submerged 30 minutes to 24 hours.
What is planked salmon?Planked salmon is a method of cooking and smoking salmon that has been used for many years. Make sure to use natural (no preservatives) red cedar. The salmon is slow cooked, which produces a rich, smoky flavor. Guests enjoy the wonderful taste of this specially prepared salmon. Submerge untreated cedar plank in water.